FS#7345 - Enumerated image sets for WPS
Opened by Mark Arigo (lowlight) - Friday, 22 June 2007, 20:00 GMT
Last edited by Dave Chapman (linuxstb) - Monday, 24 March 2008, 00:14 GMT
This patch adds support for using image/icon sets for some enumerated WPS tags (currently only volume, battery, and codec).
Currently, to create a graphical volume display with 10 images, you would load the 10 images, then have something like %?pv<%xdA|%xdB|...|%xdJ> in your wps file.
With this patch, you create one bitmap containing the individual images stacked vertically with the first enumerated image at the top (same as the custom icon format). Then, load the image using the %xl command, but also specify the number of subimages within the bmp (e.g. 10):
To enumerate the volume with image A, use
At this time, the patch can enumerate volume (%ev), battery (%eb), and codec (%ec).
To apply, do in order:
1. copy gui_img.c & gui_img.h to apps/gui
1. apply gui_img.patch (this provides more general loading & drawing of images)
2. apply enum_img.patch (this adds support for enumerating the image sets)
I've include is a sample wps for the Gigabeat, myCatcher, based on iCatcher, but using image sets for volume, battery, and codec (see bat-b.bmp, codec-b.bmp, and vol-b.bmp).
1. Animate the image set by looping through the images (like when you pause in iCatcher).
2. Display a single image in the image set.
Monday, 24 March 2008, 00:14 GMT
Reason for closing: Out of Date
Additional comments about closing: The "bitmap strips" feature now implements this functionality.