FS#8077 - MP3 playbacks stops sometimes when usefl nears 0
Opened by Bertrik Sikken (bertrik) - Saturday, 03 November 2007, 00:08 GMT
Last edited by Brandon Low (lostlogic) - Sunday, 04 November 2007, 05:55 GMT
MP3 playbacks sometimes stops, at that point the usefl value in the buffering thread debug menu is close to 0. Tested using SVN 15412.
* Use the database to start playback of an album full of mp3s
* Enter the buffering thread debug menu
* Use the scroll wheel to skip forward. This causes the usefl bar to diminish. Continue skipping until it is almost at zero, then let it play down to zero.
* About every other time, the playback completely stops at this point. During playback, the pcm, alloc and real bars were nearly full. When the problem occurs, the real bar is suddenly empty and the pcm quickly drops down to 0, then playback stops. Usefl shows a low number (not 0), like 16k or 18k.
* The Sansa is in a confused state now, stopping the song causes a hang, shutting down shows the 'shutting down...' splash but takes very long (15 sec or so).
This may be related to
Attached are two logf's (logf enabled in playback.c and buffering.c).
Sunday, 04 November 2007, 05:55 GMT
Reason for closing: Fixed
Additional comments about closing: It is possible to kill gremlins.