FS#8233 - Use XML for language source files
Opened by Jonas Häggqvist (rasher) - Monday, 26 November 2007, 23:15 GMT
Last edited by Jonas Häggqvist (rasher) - Sunday, 25 July 2010, 01:20 GMT
This is the current status of my work to switch to using XML for the language source-files. I basically stopped working on it in the middle of it all, and I'm not even completely sure why, right now.
What I've done so far:
- Created a basic structure of the file format, and documented it with an XMLschema file
- Written a tiny script that validates languages against this schema
- Written a script to convert v2 languages to XML
- Started a rewritten ganlang that should end up as a drop-in replacement for the old one.
What's missing (all in genlang):
- Deciding how to put translator notes into the source file
- Add checks for differing <source> between English and the translation
- Add header/sourcefile generation
- Fix any braindead design decisions.
See my reasons for doing this here:
Sunday, 25 July 2010, 01:20 GMT
Reason for closing: Rejected
Additional comments about closing: On second thought, let's not go to Camelot. It is a silly place.
I am older and wiser now, and clearly see the errors of my ways. I don't think this is such a great idea.