FS#8320 - Incorrect song information is displayed for songs when switching between several songs fast
Opened by Alex (Sanek) - Friday, 14 December 2007, 06:08 GMT
Last edited by Steve Bavin (pondlife) - Friday, 18 April 2008, 05:34 GMT
I've noticed a problem while going through the songs in the playlist, if you go through the songs fast enough without allowing for the fade in/out effect to apply, the songs playing and the song titles get offset from each other.
For example: If I select to listen to the a playlist with 30+ songs and if I quickly switch to the 10th song by pressing the NEXT button on the iPod, the title of the song shown would be of a previous song that I skipped already, while the song playing would be the correct one.
So if you had songs A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K in your playlist (in that order) and you were to quickly switch to song J, the title of song H or I would be shown on the screen, while song J would be the one playing. So you could have the title for one song displayed on the ipod and a completely different song playing.
I was able to recreate this problem with both current build (r15920-071213) and last week's build.
I have also confirmed that the problem corrects itself when the current song finishes playing and switches to the next song in the playlist automatically.
You can do the following to recreate the problem:
1) Download Rockbox current build and extract it to the ipod.
2) Boot into Rockbox and initialize the database, reboot again to use it.
3) Open an album from the database that contains a fair amount of songs (the resulting playlist needs to have 10-15+ songs).
4) Select a song from the resulting playlist, make sure that its the correct song playing.
5) Quickly press ">>" (NEXT) button several times (10 or 15 times).
6) You will start seeing the screen trying to catch up and when it finally does, the song information displayed on the screen should not match the song that is actually playing. You may need to press next/previous buttons a few more times to see this behavior.
I am listening to .mp3 files which were sorted into folders by iTunes with iTunes-specific cryptic filenames. Rockbox displays id3 information for these files, so thats the part that is getting displayed incorrectly and goes "out of sync" with the actual song playing.
Friday, 18 April 2008, 05:34 GMT
Reason for closing: Fixed