Rockbox port to the AV120/140 Devices
Current this port is only in the planning stages. This page currently only for documenting the hardware. No code has been written yet.
When work has been done, this page will be updated to reflect what has been done. In the meantime, keep watch on both this page
and the forum thread: http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=1389.0
The AV1xx models are a rather interesting line of Archos players. Roughly resembling the Jukebox Recorder v2 players externally, the hardware
under the hood is completely different. One of their big draws was their ability to play DivX?
, and AVI video files.
The main components of the system are as follows:
- Texas Instruments TMS320DSC25? (54 MHz ARM7TDMI? plus DSP, 32KB IRAM, no cache)
- Micronas MAS3587F? audio codec/DSP
- ATMEL ATF1504ASV? 15AC100 0238 Programmable Logic Device
- 16MB of RAM supplied by 2 IS42S16400A? ISSI (64 Mbit - 8 MB) RAM chips
- Cypress CY7C58300? 56LFC USB Bridge (USB 2.0/ATA/ATAPI)
- STMicroelectronics M41ST84W? 512-bit (64 x 8) serial RTC with supervisory functions
- Epson L2E1811D? LCD Controller
- Epson L2B18009?-B000 LCD (237x234x16)
Like most other early Archos devices, these players use a 2.5" hard drive for storage, and are user replaceable. Information on the hard
drive used in these models would be appreciated.
series is very well supported by the ArchOpen
project. This can provide a lot of source code to get a Rockbox port started. The aoEmulator (available at the project site), although a hardware emulator for the AV3XX?
devices, should be able to emulate the AV1XX?
Here are some links of interest to the ArchOpen
Other Links of Interest:
Here's a page describing how to disassemble the AV1XX?
Copyright © by the contributing authors.