Rockbox port to Archos AV320/340/380 devices
The port to the AV3xx series is in the preliminary planning stage. No code has yet been written.
The main components in the AV3xx series are:
- Texas Instruments TMS320DSC25 (a 54MHz arm7tdmi plus DSP, 32KB IRAM, no cache)
- Micronas MAS3587F audio codec/DSP
- Philips TEA5767HN FM Tuner
- Cypress CY7C68300 USB bridge
- STMicroelectronics M41ST84W RTC
- 2.5" hard drive
- 3.8" 320x240 LCD (2 YCbCr video planes, 2 bitmap planes (1/2/4/8bpp with YCbCr palette) with hardware zooming, transparency and blending)
- 16MB RAM
- 10 buttons - 4-direction joystick, OK, ON, OFF, F1, F2, F3
- 112 x 82 x 31 mm (4.4" x 3.2" x 1.2"). 350g (12.5 oz)
The AV3xx series is well supported by the ArchOpen
project. This will provide a lot of source code for a Rockbox port, as well as the aoEmulator which is a hardware emulator of the AV3xx (amongst other devices).
Some links of interest from the ArchOpen
Copyright © by the contributing authors.