I own a Sandisk Sansa e260, a Sansa c240 (with radio), Sansa Clip 1 GB (with radio), Meizu M6SP?, Samsung YP-S3.
Plans for the Meizu M6SP?:
- A better radio screen (the famous "WFMS").
- Porting rockbox to the "sansa v2" players, specifically the SansaClip.
- Porting rockbox for various Samsung S5L8700-based players, like the Meizu M3, Meizu M6 and Samsung YP-S3.
- Support for RDS (radio data system). I made a list of FM tuner chips on the FmTunerHardware page. Unfortunately only one rockbox target seems to contain an RDS-capable FM tuner (the GigaBeastS has a Si4701) and I don't have this target to debug on.
- Make USB serial work on microsoft windows with the usbser.sys driver. Progress: figured out proper standards compliant USB device/configuration descriptor and matching windows .inf file.
Ideas for new features:
- Write a kind of RAM-loader that uses the built-in DFU mode of the M6SP? to load the main rockbox image in RAM and start it.
- Getting a flash-translation-layer to work on top of which we can run a file system: looks like a very big challenge right now.
- Add debug/assertion primitives to do more run-time internal checks, for example guard values to protect variables, null pointer checks, initialisation checks for mutexes/wakeup structures, checks to verify the proper context is used for a call (e.g. no mutex waits invoked in interrupt context). This should be done in such a way that it does not affect speed or size of "normal" builds, only "debug" builds.
- Implement a rockbox shell that allows easy on-target peeking/poking (and other things), using USB serial for stdin/stdout.
- Degree in electrical engineering
- Embedded software
- Microcontrollers: PIC, LPC (ARM7), AVR
- USB: wrote simple USB device stack for LPC2148 (lpcusb) with support for MSC, virtual COM port, HID
- Reverse engineering (USB webcams, USB scanners, protocols over USB in general)
- Linux drivers
- Java (3 year), C (11 years)
- Basic scripting knowledge (Linux shell, perl)
- Electronics for biology (like bat detectors, doppler radar, wireless camera triggers)
- Reverse engineering stuff
Note: if personal data is being stored using a secret database, then it is only visible to the user and to administrators.
My Personal Preferences
Uncomment preferences variables to activate them (remove the #-sign). Help and details on preferences variables are available in DefaultPreferences.
- Show tool-tip topic info on mouse-over of WikiWord links, on or off:
- #Set LINKTOOLTIPINFO = off
- Horizontal size of text edit box:
- Vertical size of text edit box:
- Style of text edit box.
width: 99% for full window width (default),
width: auto to disable.
- #Set EDITBOXSTYLE = width: 99%
- Write protect your home page: (set it to your WikiName)
Copyright © by the contributing authors.