I own a Sandisk Sansa e260, a Sansa c240 (with radio), Sansa Clip 1 GB (with radio), Sansa Clip+ (2GB), Meizu M6SP?, Samsung YP-S3.
New feature plans:
Plans for the Meizu M6SP?:
- Implement "backlight" fading for the Sansa Clip players (clipv1, clipv2, clip+). See also FS#1178
- Implement FM radio volume, to lower the radio volume while voicing menu items. Need to check which fm tuner chips support this (or do it via the audio codec). See also FS#11465.
- A smarter battery remaining runtime estimate for players that cannot accurately measure current draw, simply based on the rate of charge reduction over time. For example, taking a robust regression of the percentage left in the last 10 minutes and extrapolate to 0% (total battery runtime) and 100% (remaining runtime).
- Help with iPod Accessory Protocol: clean up the code, support IAP large packets.
- Write a kind of RAM-loader that uses the built-in DFU mode of the M6SP? to load the main rockbox image in RAM and start it.
- Getting a flash-translation-layer to work on top of which we can run a file system: looks like a very big challenge right now.
- Add debug/assertion primitives to do more run-time internal checks, for example guard values to protect variables, null pointer checks, initialisation checks for mutexes/wakeup structures, checks to verify the proper context is used for a call (e.g. no mutex waits invoked in interrupt context). This should be done in such a way that it does not affect speed or size of "normal" builds, only "debug" builds.
- Implement a rockbox shell that allows easy on-target peeking/poking (and other things), using USB serial for stdin/stdout.
- Support for RDS (radio data system). I made a list of FM tuner chips on the FmTunerHardware page. Unfortunately only one rockbox target seems to contain an RDS-capable FM tuner (the GigaBeastS has a Si4701) and I don't have this target to debug on.
- Make USB serial work on microsoft windows with the usbser.sys driver. Progress: figured out proper standards compliant USB device/configuration descriptor and matching windows .inf file.
- Degree in electrical engineering
- Embedded software
- Microcontrollers: PIC, LPC (ARM7), AVR
- USB: wrote simple USB device stack for LPC2148 (lpcusb) with support for MSC, virtual COM port, HID
- Reverse engineering (USB webcams, USB scanners, protocols over USB in general)
- Linux drivers
- Java (3 year), C (11 years)
- Basic scripting knowledge (Linux shell, perl)
- Electronics for biology (like bat detectors, doppler radar, wireless camera triggers)
- Reverse engineering stuff
Note: if personal data is being stored using a secret database, then it is only visible to the user and to administrators.
My Personal Preferences
Uncomment preferences variables to activate them (remove the #-sign). Help and details on preferences variables are available in DefaultPreferences.
- Show tool-tip topic info on mouse-over of WikiWord links, on or off:
- #Set LINKTOOLTIPINFO = off
- Horizontal size of text edit box:
- Vertical size of text edit box:
- Style of text edit box.
width: 99% for full window width (default),
width: auto to disable.
- #Set EDITBOXSTYLE = width: 99%
- Write protect your home page: (set it to your WikiName)
Copyright © by the contributing authors.