Short guide how to release official bootloader
Targets which are considered 'stable' and 'unstable' have to have officially released bootloaders. Below are simple steps how to release new official bootloader:
:You need to be added to additional group on gerrit in order to push the tag - "Rockbox Release Committers". You can add yourself, if you are a committer.)
- Tag the git commit you want to use for bootloader release:
git tag bootloader_targetname_v1 -m 'Tag release v1 of the targetname bootloader'
git push origin bootloader_targetname_v1
- Send binary to one of the swedes and ask to put it on download server
Additional, helpful git commands:
- git tag - shows list of the tags in a local repository
- git ls-remote --tags origin - shows list of the tags in a remote repository
- git show <tagname> - shows everything about the specified tag
Copyright © by the contributing authors.