Rockbox Developer Conference - Euro Edition! 2012
Date and Location
When: 18-20 May 2012
Where: Hasselt, Belgium
. The location is upstairs (one floor up), and therefore isn't wheelchair accessible.
These people are going to show up. Please add your route/airport and expected time of arrival.
- Developers / Staff
- Non-Staff / Users
- Frank Petrovsky - Joining Jens and Marianne Arnold
Since we can code and IRC at home, too, we should focus on helpful group activities.
- Conference room will be available from 13:00
Ideas for discussion
- Voice strings on target
- Stable targets without active maintainers
- MinGW build of the Sim in the build system
- Manual in the build system
- Daily vs. archived builds, and archived builds support in Rockbox Utility
- Naming (see forum thread / Mailing list thread)
- Rockbox Utility binaries on Linux / distribution packages
- PNG support in core
- fms for official cabbie
- Toolchains distributed as linux packages (.deb, .rpm, etc.)
Ideas for hacking
- Stable, RC, and patch testing builds using the build system
- Update the translation site to use git
- Resolve H300 bootloader issues
Bring your own laptop and DAP devices of choice. There should be enough power outlets, although only European. Bring converters if you need them. Unrestricted wifi access ethernet access will be available. A USB hub might be helpful. A webcam for friends who can't attend physically would be great (see below).
Feel free to add extra things onto this list if you feel it is necessary (such as unported targets/etc)
- Basic Tools, paperclips, soldering stations,... - PeterDHoye (soldering station)
- Espresso machine - FrankGevaerts (nespresso)
How to get there
- From Brussels airport
- Take the train to Leuven or Brussel Noord. From there take the train to Hasselt. Ask at the airport railway ticket desk, the people there will know. From Hasselt station see "By train"
- By train
- Find a train that stops at Hasselt station.
- From Hasselt station, either:
- call FrankGevaerts and ask to be picked up. This is easier if several people arrive at about the same time.
- take bus H1 direction Kermt to stop "Kuringen Kuringenstraat" or "Kuringen McDonalds?". Ask if you're on the right bus.
- walk. route. This is about 3km next to busy roads, so not a very enjoyable walk.
- By car
- On the E313 (Antwerp-Liege):
- if you're coming from Antwerp/Brussels: take exit 27bis (Hasselt-West) and follow direction Hasselt
- if you're coming from Liege: take exit 27 (Hasselt-West) and follow direction Hasselt
- After about 500m to 1km, at the traffic lights (with a McDonalds? on your right) turn right and park on the supermarket car park.
- Now walk to the DevCon location, using the following pictures as a helpful guide:
- From Maastricht airport
- (these directions have not been verified, use at your own risk) Take the shuttle bus to Maastricht station. From there, take the bus to Hasselt station. From there, follow the "by train" directions.
- From Brussels South airport (which is near Charleroi and not actually Brussels)
- (these directions have not been verified at all, use at your own risk) There might be a shuttle bus to Charleroi station. From there, take a train to Brussels (either Midi, Central, or North), and from there take a train to Hasselt. This is not a very convenient option.
Local language is Dutch.
Hotels and Room Sharing
- The nearest hostel is De Roerdomp, around 12 km from the conference location. Add your name here if you want to share a room there.
- Hasselt has several hotels at around 3 to 4 km from the conference location.
- Most have choosen to stay at the Ibis hotel in Hassselt
- petur and pamaury share a room
- We will have breakfast at the conference location
We can buy beer at the supermarket next door. Possible pub visits will have to be investigated.
There are several restaurants and fast food places nearby. The supermarket next door will have anything we need on the conference location.
- 18 Mar 2012
Copyright © by the contributing authors.