Sumer of Code 2008 Student Application Template
This template is meant as a general guideline to help students create an application for the Google Summer of Code 2008
Short summary about what you plan to do. This should describe your project in a few lines in a not too technical way
Detailed Description :
The detailed description should consist of several parts:
Task description and subdivision:
Describe your project in as much detail as possible (and necessary, no need to mention e.g. that you will set up a build environment)
Try to subdivide the project in logical sub-projects, and describe them separately
Milestones and Project plan (this can follow the task subdivision, but this is not absolutely necessary)
Subdivide the working period in several parts, not more than one to three weeks long. For each of these parts, describe what you plan to do in this time, and which deliverables will be finished at the end of it. We know and understand that there will inevitably be deviations from these time estimates, but please try to make them accurate as possible.
Some questions about you
When answering these questions, please try to explain as good as possible and "sell yourself" as we might use the answers you provide as basis for selecting whom to accept as students. Your answers will not become public, but will be read by Rockbox committers/gsoc mentors.
- How many hours per week do you have planned/scheduled for your gsoc work, should it get accepted? Any vacations or other time-consuming unrelated stuff going on? (gsoc is roughly 12 weeks. 40 hours per week make 480 hours of work.)
- Have you built Rockbox yourself from source before?
- What programming experience do you have, and in which languages? If those don't include C, please tell us how you intend to deal with this lack.
- What open source experiences do you have?
- Have you previously been involved in Rockbox? If so, how?
- Do you currently own a DAP? Have you owned any in the past?
Copyright © by the contributing authors.