I dissassembled my iFP599 and made careful notes. I'm leaving those notes here just in case someone finds them useful. (Who knows, there might be enough interest to start a RockBox
port.. sometime in the future.. please?)
Someone on MisticRiver
noted iFP3xx and iFP5xx devices are similar in many respects, while iFP7xx/8xx use a newer microprocessor (PhilipsPNX0101
). The ifp-driver mailing list noted the newer models seem to have less processor power.
: This looks really promising! Would it be possible for you to produce high-res scans of the circuit boards?
: sure.. just mail me a scanner and I'll post them right away! Meanwhile, I have these pictures from a digital camera.. does that help?
: The biggest problem is to find the data sheets for the SAA7750 microcontroller. They are not public, so we'll have to dig deep.
: I've asked Philips for reference material, and they've acknowledged the request. I'll get back to you when they do.
- CPU: PhilipsSAA7750 (32-bit ARM RISC core)
- RAM: 8MB SDRAM @ 100/133/166MHz
- ROM: 2MB Flash ROM
- Storage: 1024MB NAND Flash memory (with 16MB spare)
- Display: 128x64 monochrome LCD (guestimate)
- DSP: embedded in SAA7750
- USB 1.1: onboard/embedded? SAA7750
- Samsung 343: K9W4G08U1M?-YCBO (256M x 8 Bit NAND Flash memory)
- Samsung 343: K9W4G08U1M?-YCLO (256M x 8 Bit NAND Flash memory)
- Included a sticker with "88TZ" hand-written on it
- Similar to the above chip, except "1~5 Bad Block" instead of "Include Bad Block" whatever that means.
- Philips SAA7750EL?/N102 CC126119 Tu0337v04Y? CH9353.00 CC0237 (Combo CPU, DSP and IO device)
- ISSI IS42S16400A?-7T X1102500D? 0333 (8MB SDRAM; 100/133/166MHz)
- SST 39VF160 70-4C-Bk 0331119-GA (Flash ROM for firmware)
- TI LC14A? 35K FX8F? ("Hex Schmitt-Trigger Inverter")
- TI LW052A? 34K E37F? ("Dual 4-Channel Analog Multiplexer/Demultiplexer")
- TI LC32A? 38K ANRK ("Quadruple 2-Input Positive-OR Gate")
Copyright © by the contributing authors.