Menu & settings recoding effort
- To shrink the binary size
- To make reordering the menu simpler
- To manage settings more easily and more centralised.
Pretty much finished... patch is on flyspray (#6399
), I will be keepin a eye on both pages so please mention anything that needs fixing.
What needs fixing
(list any bugs, settings which act wierd, dont work, things needing adding)
- Check each setting to make sure the config stirng is correct and correct values are used
- RTC RAM settings code needs checking
- (v1-16 really not needed anymore)
- v17 fixed code to conform to 80char width, more fixes, no compile warnings, possibly ready for commit
- v18 themes now load correctly, apart from some minor code cleanup this is almost ready to commit
- v19 fix more compile warnings/errors, disable ata_callback becuase it made dircache Stkov!
- v20 fixed stuff mentioned in the forum thread, no nano build because it still crashes on load for some reason
- v21 fixed the ipod build from crashing on settings reset
- v22 added user menus, (look http://forums.rockbox.org/index.php?topic=6595.msg51922#msg51922 for explanation)
- v23 removed user menus, moved code around to be neater, the menus are mostly in apps/menus/*.c now, other minor fixes
- v24 resynced after a month of no activity, crossfade/feed settings need to be checked. fm region, last.fm and dithering options need menu items
- v25 resynced, crossfade/feed settings were correct.. fix the cpu boost problem, almost commitable..
- v26 tiny bit of fixing, add the missing files
- v27 force the settings to be saved on shutdown and usb. ata_idle_notify stuff isnt reliable enough for this. fixed the 2 bugs reporte by n1s, more minor stuff
- v27.1 As much revamp of recording menus as possible atm. Some changes for real value use in recording.
- v28 merged Michael's recording settings, Made the menu callbacks more logical
Comments, questions, discussion....
Lastly, big thanks to everyone that helps out.
Copyright © by the contributing authors.