Samsung YH-920, 925 and 820 port page
For information about the player itself see SamsungYH920?
Due to the similarites to various PP and iriver Players, the Port is already pretty advanced.
A bootloader and main binary can be built using code in SVN
. The port is mostly functional (see below), but keymaps could use more work.
Currently, the bootloader replaces the OF. Dual boot is supported by booting either /.rockbox/rockbox.mi4 or /SYSTEM/OF.[mi4|bin].
- Connect the Samsung to your computer.
- Get the bootloader from http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/samsung/yh925/ (Samsung YH925), from http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/samsung/yh920/ (Samsung YH920) or compile it yourself from SVN (The bootloader file is named FW_YH820.mi4 for the YH820, PP5020.mi4 for the YH920, and FW_YH925.mi4 for the YH925). See HowToCompile
- Rename the OF (original firmware) file in the SYSTEM folder to "OF.mi4" if you want to preserve dual boot. Note: The system folder is hidden by default. You need may need to activate "Show hidden files and folders" if you're on Windows.
- Overwrite the OF file in the SYSTEM directory on your player.
- Get the Rockbox build from here: http://build.rockbox.org/ (Samsung YH92* only as of now) or compile Rockbox from SVN on your own. Then extract rockbox.zip on the Samsung.
- Safely remove the device, unplug and let it boot into Rockbox.
** Note that charging is entirely done by hardware, Rockbox has no control over it.
for a collection of battery benches and charging curves.
Copyright © by the contributing authors.