Samsung YH-920, 925 and 820 port page
For information about the player itself see SamsungYH920
The port is functional (see below).
Dual boot is supported by booting either /.rockbox/rockbox.mi4 or /SYSTEM/OF.[mi4|bin].In order to boot the OF, press the left button immediately after the Rockbox bootloader pops up (a half second before may work also, it needs some timing).
- Connect the Samsung to your computer.
- Get the bootloader from http://download.rockbox.org/bootloader/samsung/ or compile it yourself from Git. See HowToCompile
- Rename the OF (original firmware) file in the SYSTEM folder to "OF.mi4" if you want to preserve dual boot. Note: The system folder is hidden by default. You may need to activate "Show hidden files and folders" if you're on Windows.
- Overwrite the OF file in the SYSTEM directory on your player.
- Get the Rockbox build from here: http://build.rockbox.org/ or compile Rockbox from Git on your own. Then extract rockbox.zip on the Samsung.
- Safely remove the device, unplug and let it boot into Rockbox.
* There are some rare models which have the FM tuner. However there is no support for them in Rockbox at all.
** There are some rare models which have the FM tuner. FM hardware and wiring is the same as in case of YH920. However there is no support for them in Rockbox, because we don't know, how to correctly detect its presence.
for a collection of battery benches and charging curves.
Copyright © by the contributing authors.