Hardware Components Overview of the Sandisk e200
Datasheets and chip images
's SanDisk Sansa e200 Reverse Engineering
page has some useful information.
Note: Feel free to provide PCB scans or better chip images.
Portal Player PP5024
- 0603 KOREA
Hynix 32 MB DRAM?
Not really sure about the model number.
- HY5S5B6E? ?
- FP-HE 542A
- M7DM0533EM1? ?
Search for Hynix products "5s5": http://www.hynix.com/eng/00_hynix/ad_result03.jsp?SERIAL_NO=5s5
Samsung NAND Flash (2 GB)
- SAMSUNG 604
Product decoding: http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/Support/Label_CodeInfo/Nand_Flash.pdf
|| MCL QDP (H)
|| 16Gbit (AG)
|| x8 (08)
Datasheet: Not available at http://www.samsung.com/Products/Semiconductor/common/product_list.aspx?family_cd=NFL0205
- this first is probably a 4GB flash and the one below a 2GB one, since these pics are from a 6GB player and my 4GB has two 16384 marked chips. The 32768 vs 16384 also indicates this first being twice as big. The number matches number of megabits.
SD <-> NAND Controller
- e250: S604-572545 (e270: C608-572815)
chapter 4.1 explains how a Flash IDE chip is connected to a SanDisk SDC-1 controller, but it doesn't really tell much about the SDC-1...
is a guess because page references to it from LC244A?
- 9000-0118-02F 41606
- IDW BEIJING API
- IDW has released press releases early 2006 about their deal with SanDisk
and also confirming that they would ship color LCDs to SanDisk
- The LCD driver IC is a Renesas chip extremely similar to the HD66789R?
is a guess. This is a Sanyo FM tuner IC
- Some European versions do have support for FM radio as many people have enabled it by installing the American firmware (http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16204
- as noted by EnzoTen? http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3909&postcount=67
this chip is missing from some European versions that don't have support for FM radio, AND even when successfully updated with the American firmware, multiple users have confirmed that it will just display a FM menu, but no sound. (see http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167
). This all seems to confirm that this is the FM chip.
More detailed sheet: http://www.semiconductor-sanyo.com/ds_e/ENA0070.pdf
Copyright © by the contributing authors.