Rockbox does NOT
run on the v2 players.
Initial work on the port has begun, but drivers for Lcd screen and buttons are still missing.
Once they are written, most of the code for other SansaAMS
models should be reused as-is.
How to Identify a c200 v2
The v1 hardware uses firmware named 01.xx.xx, while the v2 hardware uses firmware beginning with 03. This version number can be retrieved under Settings->Info. All other indicators, such as markings on the casing or packaging, are unreliable due to SanDisk
's practice of reusing these things without consideration for the hardware inside.
Sansa v2 Firmware File
page explains the firmware file details needed for porting of Rockbox to Sansa v2 models.
Relevant forum threads:
They are equipped with AMS 3525 SoCs
. AS3525 datasheet
See also: http://daniel.haxx.se/sansa/v2.html
Components (from this forum post
- Sandisk SoC, based on the AMS AS3525, markings SanDisk | 20-99-00112-2 | S703-691060 | SDC1 | TAIWAN
- Sandisk flash chip, markings SanDisk | S72818301 | SDTNKLAHSM-1024 | CP0062712 | TAIWAN
- Sandisk flash chip, markings SanDisk | S72818301 | SDTNKLAHSM-1024 | CP0062942 | TAIWAN
- SDRAM chip, markings ESMT | M12S16161A-10T | LZY1P60EZ | 0714 (512K x 16Bit x 2Banks datasheet)
- Silicon Labs Si4702 FM chip, markings 0216 | B0XP | 721
- Display / display controller: unknown, but the initialisation sequence of the display is very similar to that of the Sansa C200 which has a 132x80 colour LCD, controlled by a Samsung S6B33B2.
Photographs of c250v2 board:
Photograph of c240v2 board:
Currently, the c200v2's are stuck in MTP mode. However, there is a way to change into MSC mode:
- Turn on your c200v2 Player
- Switch ON the hold button
- Press the |<< button and plug in your USB cable
- Keep it pressed until the Sansa is completely recognized by your OS
This has been tested on Windows XP and should work with Windows Vista.
Copyright © by the contributing authors.