Sansa e200R/Rhapsody Installation From Windows
In order to install Rockbox you MUST
have patched the Sandisk bootloader on your device as described in SansaE200RInstallation
Rockbox Installation from Windows
- Make a folder named
sansa on your desktop
- Download the following file and place it inside the new
sansa directory: rhapsody-18.104.22.168.zip
- Unzip this file to receive
- Rename the resulting file to
OF.mi4 (Oh, not Zero - as in Original Firmware)
- Right-click to download the following file and place it inside the
sansa folder: pp5022.mi4
- Boot up your device and connect the USB cable (make sure you have set the USB Mode to MSC/Rhapsody)
pp5022.mi4 to the root of your device
OF.mi4 to the
system folder within your device (make sure you have set Windows to "Show hidden files" and don't "Hide protected operating system files")
- Download a Sansa e200 build (v1 only) of Rockbox from here and unzip it to the root of your device
- "Safely remove" your Sansa, disconnect the USB cable and wait for it to reboot. It should refresh the database, then upgrade the firmware. After another reboot, you should be in Rockbox!
- Delete the
sansa folder from your desktop
Upgrading Bootloader After Initial Rockbox Installation
- Download the latest bootloader: pp5022.mi4
- Boot up your e200r into the OF by holding the left button while powering up.
- Connect the USB cable.
pp5022.mi4 to the root of your device.
- Safely remove your device and press and continue holding the left button while you disconnect the USB cable so that the device reboots into the OF.
- Once the device reboots into the OF, you can release the left button. The OF will refresh the database, display "Firmware upgrade in progress" and reboot your device.
Copyright © by the contributing authors.