TTS In Core
This project is part of SummerOfCode2010
- Port flite to the Rockbox build system, wrapping it in a simple plugin
- Convert all math routines to fixed-point arithmetic
- Make sure the engine is fast enough on target. Investigate heap usage.
- Create the settings and on-demand loading infrastructure for the engine and the voices
- Ideally, the engine and the current voice would be loaded separately. Also, the infrastructure would provide means for integration of other engines.
- I will add voicing to some parts of the core to demonstrate its abilities but will not focus on complete coverage of all non-voiced areas.
- Investigate ways to minimize bin size and/or compress voices. If time allows, build additional voices.
Flite compiles for the sim, along with a basic plugin. This involved hacking tools/functions.make to add additional directories to the mkdep process.
As part of my application, I wrote a brief report comparing flite and eSpeak: link
Copyright © by the contributing authors.