Toshiba Gigabeat information
The MEG-Fxx and MEG-Xxx models :
- CPU: 300MHz Samsung S3C2440AL-30 with a ARM920Tcore. An old Samsung web page for a possibly similar product the S3C2440X is S3C2440X? is here in an internet archive.
- LCD: TFT 240x320 18-bit colour. 2.4" for the X ( LTM024D362 ) and 2.2" for the F models ( LTM022D311 (TMD) ). LTM024D362? ) and 2.2" for the F models ( LTM022D311? (TMD) ).
- Mem: 32MB SDRAM Samsung K4S56163PF BG75 and 1MB flash Spansion MBM29SL800TE-90
- DAC: Wolfson WM8751L
- HDD: Toshiba 1.8" 10-60GB
- Backlight: LED backlight with a Semtech SC606 LED driver, which also controls the button LEDs of the F series.
- Power: 830mAh Li-ion battery with a Linear Technology LTC4055 USB Power Controller and Li-Ion Linear Charger.
The USB connector on the player connects to the USB 2.0 ATA bridge Cypress EZ-USB AT2 for the F and Cypress EZ-USB AT2LP for the X .
The mini-B connector on the cradle can also connect to the AT2LP and to the USB 1.1 device controller of the S3C2440. AT2LP? and to the USB 1.1 device controller of the S3C2440?.
The type A connector is connected to the USB 1.1 host controller of S3C2440. S3C2440?.
Here is the Google cache version of a Excel document with all the parts: partlist.html
For more info:
4 extracted files from a firmware update file: http://daniel.haxx.se/x30/ It clearly shows a ~13MB 'romfs' image for Linux on ARM.
patch-2.4.18-rmk6-gb4r.bz2: a patch made from the linux kernel source from Toshiba. It turnes out to be identical to the linux source for the Kenwood HD20GA7 / HD30GA9
Gigabeat S information
Gigabeat Battery Upgrade
Gigabeat Battery Upgrade How-to
Copyright © by the contributing authors.