Index page for the iriver H1xx/H3xx Rockbox porting effort
Full installation and uninstallation instructions are in the Installation chapter of the Rockbox manual.
Installation Notes for Blind Users
Victor Rajewski replied to a message from Scott Erichson on December 29, 2005 (found at http://www.rockbox.org/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2005-12/0410.shtml) about which keys to press to have a H320 or H340 reflash its memory with Rockbox. The steps he describes assume you've done the following steps and simply want to flash your player with Rockbox:
- Turned on the H3x0.
- Attached the unit to your computer.
- Copied over all of the Rockbox files including the H300.HEX file.
- Waited until everything's been written to the H3x0, unplugged it, and left it on.
|Function||H1x0 Status||H3x0 Status|
| Start-up ||Done||Done|
| Dir/file Browsing ||Done||Done|
| Fonts ||Done||Done|
| Settings ||Done||Done|
| Plugins ||Done (some are not yet adjusted to the bigger screen) ||Done|
| Charging ||Done (done in HW, but detected fine) ||Done (USB charging now supported) |
| USB detect ||Done||Done|
|Codecs||Done (status - All Codecs running in realtime on target) ||Done (status) |
| Remote ||Done||Done (h100 remote only so far) |
| Sound ||Done plays sound, both analog and digital out ||Done|
| Battery Level ||Basic (tests) ||Basic|
| Task scheduler (threading) ||Done||Done|
| Kernel (messaging and tick timer) ||Done||Done|
| Interrupt handling core code ||Done||Done|
| Panic handler ||Done||Done|
| LCD driver ||Done Picture - Another Picture||Done Picture|
| Font rendering ||Done||Done|
| Backlight ||Done||Done|
| ATA driver ||Done||Done|
| ADC driver ||Done||Done|
| Button driver (ADC) ||Done||Done|
| Remote button driver (ADC) ||Done||Done (h100 remote only so far) |
| USB handler ||Done||Done|
| Power handling ||Done|| |
|I2C? driver ||Done (no read from the UDA1380, but we don't need that) ||Done|
|I2S? driver ||Done I2S? DMA input and output works ||Done|
| Remote LCD driver (SPI) ||Done Picture||Done|
| Audio ADC/DAC driver ||Done||Done|
| Serial EPROM driver ||Done||Done|
| FM Radio ||Done||Done|
See IriverStatus for known bugs and essential missing features pertaining to the iriver port.
- Write a GDB stub for the serial port. RXD0 and TXD0 are wired to an unpopulated connector on the PCB. We can connect the PC for remote serial GDB debugging.
- Write a simulator target for gdb. Would be really useful for reverse engineering the original firmware.
There is a functional bootloader for both the H100 and H300 series models. More information on it can be found here (Korean translation: here).
There are currently simulators for all Rockbox compatible devices. A simulator can be useful for seeing what Rockbox looks and feels like before installing as well as testing out your homemade themes before putting them on your player. They can be found here.
- IriverBDM - Info on the BDM (Background Debug Module)
- IriverFlashing - Info on how to put Rockbox in flash memory on the H100 players.
- IriverMemoryMap - Info on the address locations of functions in the original firmware.
- FirmwareDisassemblyH300 - Disassembly of the iriver H300 original firmware.
- IriverToolsGuide - Tools used to decrypt firmware, to stringify assembly code, etc..
- H1x0Reflashing - Instructions for reflashing a H1x0 via the BDM interface (unbricking)
- IriverFAQ - Frequently Asked Questions regarding the iriver port
Other Pages of Interest
CategoryFrontpage: iriver h1x0 and h3x0 port index [Ports]
Copyright © by the contributing authors.