Difference: LyrePlayerV1 (r17 vs. r16)
Revision r17 - 05 May 2008 - 21:18 - RogerQuadros
Version 1.0 of the RockboxPlayer - Free/Open hardware audio player for use with RockBox.
This will be the single board version of the RockboxPlayerPrototype with features comparable to any commercially available audio player.
We are gathering information, discussing, about features for this RockboxPlayerV1?. Please refer to the more active projects that will be used as inputs for this project.
- Outputs: Stereo Headphone
- Stereo Line-In for High Quality recording.
- Mono integrated Mic for voice recording.
- Internal Storage: 512MB or 1GB
- Memory Expansion Slots: 1 SD card
- Hard Disk Drive Connector: 1 ZIF connector for connecting an
optional 1.8" Hard Disk Drive.
- Display: TFT display.
- Size: 2.5" to 3.5"
- Resolution: 176x220 to 240x400(WQVGA)
- Connectivity: USB OTG 2.0 High Speed (480Mbps)
- Peripheral: Mass storage device with multiple mediums
- Host: USB Host Support for Mass Storage Devices
- Power: Li-Ion Battery (Must be easy to replace)
- Charger: 5V DC adapter input or USB
- Navigation Controls: Tactile buttons, Hold Switch
- Dock Connector: Line-In, Line-Out, remote control, Charging Power
More Proposed features
This is a list of proposed features with justifications to be or not be implemented on RockboxPlayerV1?. Read the archived messages in RockboxPlayerWishlist?.
* 2 different outputs for stereo headphones* - There was an Iriver player that had this functionality. I could go on train with some friend and being listen, showing music to him.
- TO NOT IMPLEMENT - 1 stereo output should suffice. We can anyways plug a Y splitter externally to have 2 headphones.
- Digital-In - preferably via mini-TOSLINK.
Wireless over Bluetooth - to connect to another devices, aiming to share music and connect with wireless headphones. PCs, PDAs, mobile phones, etc, have Internet connection where we can get music from platforms like www.Jamendo.com, after we could copy that music to the player by wireless. The player should not have Internet connection, but could connect to some other device that have it. For hardware all we may need is a SPI bluettoth chip. There is no Bluetooth software stack on RockBox. Player Has USB host support so file can be shared by plugging the PDA/Mobile phone/other player to RockboxPlayers USB port. -- RogerQuadros - 05 May 2008 Swappable/replaceable batteries - use batteries that we can swap easily, maybe like mobile phones. When we go travel and with no USB port around, we may have the possibility to exchange batteries. Player has DC Charger support so swappable batteries is redundant -- RogerQuadros - 05 May 2008
- Navigation/volume controls - must have tactile buttons (i.e. not touch sensitive), for put play/pause, volume control, etc, we must not need to look on the screen for that. This is a must for when we are quietly listen music and do not want to look at the screen, for example when we have player in pocket. Also is very important for visual impaired RockBox users!
- FM Radio
The hardware design will be similar to RockboxPlayerPrototype except for the addition of
- Use of AT91SAM9261? instead of 9260, since 9261 has integrated TFT controller.
- LCD Interface
- Backlight control
- Hard Disk interface
- Battery and Charger circuit
- Navigation controls
- Internal NAND flash - This memory IC will be the main memory, it will be used to store RockBox Bootloader plus RockBox firmware - no more that 8MB. The rest of the space will be used for user data files.
TODO * Not Complete yet.
- RockboxPlayerV1HardwareComponents? - Major components along with datasheets.
Bill of Material
The MCU will boot from the main NAND flash IC, where should reside a Bootloader with the main purpose to mount a FAT32 file system, where will reside the RockBox firmware, and load it. Can be used the U-boot for Bootloader and there is already a version for this MCU - U-boot were suggested by a core developer of RockBox, the Daniel Stenberg.
Revision r16 - 05 May 2008 - 19:16 - RogerQuadros
Copyright © by the contributing authors.