Revision r10 - 10 Jan 2011 - 20:58 - MarcinBukat
-- MarcinBukat - 26 Nov 2010
The work has begun on porting rockbox to this player. r28680 is the initial commit. As this port is considered work in progress please use latest version from svn. As of now rockbox is perfectly usable but still there may be some bugs and glitches.
| LCD ||working|| Based mainly on iaudio m5 display code. |
| Backlight ||working|| Backlight brightness is supported |
| IDE ||working|| |
| USB ||working|| Works in bootloader and in rockbox itself. *|
| Keys ||working|| Keymap is far from perfect, scrollstrip driver may be improved |
| DAC ||working partially|| Patch implementing 3d enhancement, bass cutoff, treble cutoff is pending. |
| FM Radio ||working|| |
| Recording ||working|| |
| Battery status ||working|| Conversion from voltage to battery level needs adjusting. |
| Battery charging ||working|| |
| RTC ||working|| |
'***' linux users please read my remarks about Genesys GL811E? bridge chip on the MPIO HD200 port page
- Download bootloader from mpio hd300 bootloader v1.0
- Download mkmpioboot utility
- Download official firmware for HD300 firmware_hd300_v13006.zip (note I tested only 1.30.06 version)(official site seems to be down, try this link cached firmware_hd300_v13006.zip)
- Unpack the archive with original firmware, inside You will find 3 files: HD300_UPG.SYS, HD300ICON?.sys and unicode.sys
- Unpack the archive with bootloader, inside you will find 3 files: bootloader.mpio, bootloader.map and rockbox-info.txt
- Process firmware upgrade file HD300_UPG.SYS to include our bootloader: mkmpioboot HD300_UPG.SYS bootloader.mpio HD300_UPG.rb
- Connect Your DAP to USB and copy patched firmware file to SYSTEM folder and change name back to HD300_UPG.SYS
- Unmount DAP, connect wall charger and power it ON. This should trigger firmware upgrade procedure which will copy our modified version into flash. When it is finished perform hard reset (small button on the botton left)
- Download current build of the rockbox from HD300.
- Unpack the content of the archive to the top dir of the player (the same level as SYSTEM, FM, etc. directories)
- To start rockbox press PLAY for ~5s (as you did before to start DAP). If you want to boot original firmware press PLAY+REC. This will display small menu, select "Boot MPIO firmware" and hold PLAY for ~5s.
Some useful links:
Revision r9 - 03 Jan 2011 - 22:12 - MarcinBukat
Copyright © by the contributing authors.