Wiki > Main > WebNotify (compare)
Difference: WebNotify (r12 vs. r11)
This is a subscription service to be automatically notified by e-mail when topics change in this Main web. This is a convenient service, so you do not have to come back and check all the time if something has changed. To subscribe, please add a bullet with your WikiName in alphabetical order to this list:
WikiName or an alternative email address, and can specify the webs/topics they wish to track. Whole groups of users can also be subscribed for notification. The general format of a subscription is: three spaces
* firstname.lastname@example.orgSubscribe Daisy to all changes to topics that start with
* email@example.com : Web*Subscribe Daisy to changes to topics starting with
* DaisyCutter: Petal* (1) WeedKillers (3) Pretty*FlowersSubscribe StarTrekFan to changes to all topics that start with
* StarTrekFan: Star* - *Wars - *sInTheirEyes - *shipTroopersSubscribe Daisy to the full content of
* firstname.lastname@example.org: NewsLetter?Subscribe buttercup to
* email@example.com: NewsLetter! (1)Subscribe GardenGroup (which includes Petunia) to all changed topics under
* GardenGroup: AllNewsLetters? (3) * firstname.lastname@example.org: - ManureNewsLetterSubscribe
* 'IT:admins' : Web*A user may be listed many times in the WebNotify topic. Where a user has several lines in WebNotify that all match the same topic, they will only be notified about changes in that topic once (though they will still receive individual mails for news topics). If a group is listed for notification, the group will be recursively expanded to the email addresses of all members.
Warning: Because an email address is not linked to a user name, there is no way for Foswiki to check access controls for subscribers identified by email addresses. A subscriber identified by an email address alone will only be sent change notifications if the topic they are subscribed to is readable by guest users. You can limit which email addresses can be used in WebNotify, or even block use of emails altogther, using the
Tip: List names in alphabetical order to make it easier to find the names.Note for System Administrators: Notification is supported by an add-on to the Foswiki kernel called the MailerContrib. See the MailerContrib topic for details of how to set up this service. Note: If you prefer a news feed, point your reader to WebRss (for RSS 1.0 feeds) or WebAtom (for ATOM 1.0 feeds). Learn more at WebRssBase and WebAtomBase, respectively.
Related topics: Main.WikiUsers, UserRegistration
r13 - 29 Apr 2011 - 23:04:30 - MichaelHohmuthRevision r12 - 21 Feb 2008 - 15:14 - AurelioAHeckert
Revision r11 - 27 Mar 2005 - 13:45 - TWikiContributor
Copyright © by the contributing authors.