Revision r47 - 27 Apr 2009 - 07:02 - WilliamPoetra
Note: if personal data is being stored using a secret database, then it is only visible to the user and to administrators.
My Personal Preferences
Uncomment preferences variables to activate them (remove the #-sign). Help and details on preferences variables are available in DefaultPreferences.
- Show tool-tip topic info on mouse-over of WikiWord links, on or off:
- #Set LINKTOOLTIPINFO = off
- Horizontal size of text edit box:
- Vertical size of text edit box:
- Style of text edit box.
width: 99% for full window width (default),
width: auto to disable.
- #Set EDITBOXSTYLE = width: 99%
- Write protect your home page: (set it to your WikiName)
My Personal Notes
- AA Fonts (someone has a patch on FS#8961)
- Understand the Rockbox font rendering, then
- Implement a new nbpp font format, after that
- Implement font translucency.
- OF UI simulator
- A plugin for simulating other OF's UI is good to have.
- GBK encoding
- Understand fully GBK and GB18030, then
- Update GB2312 encoding to GBK or GB18030.
- Scroll wheel click problem
- Understand the scroll wheel detection for iPods, then
- Ignore the scroll wheel while one of the four directional buttons are depressed.
- Draw a flag for each language
- Use native language names
- Test ATA problem / hack on iPod 5.5g 80GB
- Turn off the hack, then
- Turn on database auto refresh, then
- Turn on directory cache, then
- Turn on resume at startup.
- Notice lack of UI responsiveness / audio skipping
- Note: This should be easily observed on 60GB and 80 GB iPod Videos.
- Note 2: 5.5G iPod Video exports 2048-byte sectors over USB, although the drive is 512-byte sectors (30GB) or 1024-byte sectors (80GB).
- Add option for FAT 16 support in tools/configure.
- Help remove pluginlib by moving all button definitions to the respective apps.
- Ipodpatcher --format and --convert options
- Enhance --format to support 2048-byte sectors.
- Test out the --convert option.
- Maybe we can avoid the reboot after initializing it.
- Sometimes songs don't show up in the database.
- Currently, the database says "xxx found". We should improve it to make it say "xxx files (zzz music files) and yyy directories found".
- Music file buffering
- Implement a more generic buffering, more like the page cache algorithm.
- Currently, the files are buffered and then forgotten after they've been played.
- Keep the code simple, otherwise it will be hard to get accepted.
- Visual feedback for fade-out/fade-in
- Llorean suggested using a blinking icon to show that playback is fading in or fading out.
- The blink would be implemented as alternating icons.
- I think fade in should blink the play icon and fade out should blink the pause icon, but this would be up to the WPS designer.
- We just have to provide the mechanism, and the WPS designer sets the policy.
- There is another method, that is to use a special animated icon to show the fade in or fade out status. But this is more complicated than Llorean's solution.
- USB stack
- Sometimes plugging in a USB cable will make RB go into UMS mode, sometimes it doesn't.
- Bubbles plugin
- Optimize the code. Investigate the possibility of using bubble paths instead of calculating every single move.
- Fix the speed issue. Currently bubbles runs at different speeds, depending on the CPU speed. This is clearly wrong.
- Problems with mkfs.vfat on the iPod 5.5g
- Find the people who had problems with mkfs.vfat and ask them to try again.
- Once done, deprecate mformat.
- Ask ex-Ingenic contact
- Hardware info
- Fix source tree structure
- Makefile sometimes don't pick up changes.
- Target builds are outside the tree while utilities are inside the tree.
- Help message display for plugins (FS#9232)
- Use the one from solitaire.
- Take it out and generalize it.
- PATH (FS#9112)
- Automatically append the cross compiler's path when compiling / configuring.
- Currently there are two choices: $HOME/.config/rockbox.org/somefile or /tools/somefile
- The current implementation stores the cross compiler prefix in ~/.config/rockbox.org/RockboxCompilerPrefix
- The affected files are:
- tools/configure, along with the generated Makefile
- Remove Repeat:Shuffle option (FS#9456)
- Always reshuffle when Shuffle:Yes and Repeat:All
- WenQuanYi Fonts (FS#9059) & (FS#9060)
- Get markun to review the WenQuanYi font submissions.
- Database hang when no music file found (FS#9093).
- The database doesn't actually hang, the ready bit just didn't get set.
- A simple patch has been uploaded. It basically allows the creation of an empty tagcache.
- Maze plugin (FS#9184 & FS#9191)
- This can be fixed by using the same data structure for the maze both in the stack and the main struct.
- Clean up the code before submitting.
- Move "Playback Settings" out of "General Settings" (FS#9472)
- Menu system for plugins
- Fix bubbles to use the menu system. The code has been fixed by someone else.
- Use "/" instead of "Files" for root directory (FS#9461)
- "Files" is a better way, because it integrates better with the main menu.
- Reorganize Playback Settings menu (FS#9473)
- Big-icon lists for the menu
- Llorean is basically opposed to this
- scorche wants the objections to be addressed
- code overhead
- code complexity
- blind friendliness
- functional benefits
- maintenance nightmare
- porting nightmare
- theme change: require reboots?
- ui change: require reboots?
- theme compatibility
- Update the WenQuanYi fonts regularly. The BDF format is preferred.
- Vector fonts are not in because of the processing overhead.
- The fonts are drawn differently for each LCD type (1bit, 2bit, 16bit).
- Remember to always check the output of convbdf.
- The 2 MB limitation of FlySpray is only for single attachments.
- The default UI will not be themable due to performance considerations.
- To test the runtime against the OF,
- Use the exact same set of music files.
- Use a playlist (about 45-60 min), set to repeat, don't shuffle.
- Reset the Rockbox settings to default.
- Turn of accessory power: Settings -> General Settings -> System -> Accessory Power Supply.
- Charge the battery to full using the bootloader USB mode, then restart Rockbox before starting. This is because "there is a higher power consumption that we do not understand right now" said Buschel, if we just charge inside Rockbox and run the battery test from there.
- Rockbox doesn't support malloc, so after initializing the database, we need to reboot.
- Plugins are compiled according to supported features of each DAP.
- There is a SOURCES file in each plugin directory that controls which file gets compiled and which are not.
- Therefore large #ifdef blocks inside plugins should be removed.
- Plugin bitmaps are converted from bitmaps inside apps/plugins/bitmaps/ at build time into arrays inside C files. The header files are generated in pluginbitmaps/.
- To enable logf(), define LOGF_ENABLE before including logf.h, and enable logf via the configure script.
My Personal Quotes
- gevaerts: wpyh: if you put your rockbox dev tools in a directory designed for temporary files, we seriously have to doubt your commitment to the project
- JdGordon: please accept this gift certificate for 300 free downloads from rockbox.org for causing such grief
- Llorean: But I'm a cynic.
| Name|| William Poetra Yoga Hadisoeseno |
| Country|| China |
| Email|| williampoetra at <that google email service> dot com |
| Comment|| Hi my name's William and I'm a Rockbox-aholic! Actually I'm just a noob trying out Rockbox |
Revision r46 - 20 Apr 2009 - 16:03 - WilliamPoetra
Copyright © by the contributing authors.