Previous day | Jump to hour: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next day

Seconds: Show Hide | Joins: Show Hide | View raw
Font: Serif Sans-Serif Monospace | Size: Small Medium Large

Click in the nick column to highlight everything a person has said.
The Logo icon identifies that the person is a core developer (has commit access).

#rockbox log for 2008-06-30

00:01:28 Quit Arathis ("Bye, bye")
00:03:58 Join tvelocity [0] (n=tony@
00:04:16 Join Schmogel [0] (
00:04:40*Nico_P thinks he has the fix for FS #8977 \o/
00:09:19 Quit Peter15 ()
00:09:47saratogaBuschel: (for the logs) tried out the new list scrolling performance improvements at 24MHz on your Ipod?
00:09:59saratogai'm curious if they make that speed more usable without needing GUI boosting
00:10:01 Join Ebert [0] (
00:10:05 Quit davina ("GNU/Linux the free alternative to Windows")
00:10:27Ebertdid the wps code change recently? (past week)
00:10:34saratogayes, see change logs
00:10:38PaulJam_Ebert: on monday
00:10:39Nico_Psaratoga: you mean amiconn's recent commit?
00:10:46saratogaNico_P: yeah
00:10:54Ebertso do i need to update all my .wps's?
00:11:05Nico_Psaratoga: yeah it improved GUI responsiveness quite a bit
00:11:21Nico_Pstill not perfect, but definitely better
00:11:39saratogai'm curious how well it works at 24MHz core clock
00:12:01Nico_Pah I hadn't quite understood your question :)
00:12:09saratogacould save a good bit of power if we ever got optimized enough to use that instead of 30
00:12:23Ebertdoes this mean all the previous .wps i used will not work?
00:12:31saratogathough maybe gui boosting + optimization is the best
00:12:42 Join midgey [0] (
00:12:46Nico_Psaratoga: do 6MHz really make that much of a difference in power consumption?
00:12:50saratogawould certainly make flac and mpc users happy
00:13:20saratogaNico_P: I forget the number I worked out for my email to the dev list
00:13:38Nico_Pbut it's noticeable?
00:13:39saratogabut I think it was about 3 mA per MHz
00:13:46saratoga3MHz per mA
00:13:56 Join SUSaiyan [0] (
00:14:14saratogaso y ou'd save 2 mA if you used a codec that didn't boost at 24MHz, like FLAC or MPC
00:14:29PaulJam_Ebert: many WPS were broken by that change. the easiest way for you to tell if your WPS are broken is to just try if they load and display correctly.
00:14:58Ebertok thanks, yes some pretty recent ones do not work
00:15:21Nico_Psaratoga: nice... and how does MP3 optimization look?
00:15:34saratogaNico_P: not so good
00:15:49Nico_Poh? :(
00:15:51 Quit Thundercloud (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
00:15:58saratogamost of the optimizations Buschel and I found are on the order of just a few MHz at most, and are quite difficult to implement
00:16:37saratogai'm really suprised mp3 is that slow, I would have expected it to be quite fast compared to Ogg/WMA
00:17:56saratogait doesn't help that I don't really understand why the mp3 spec does some of the things that it does
00:19:38saratogaand also I need to get back to work on my GSOC project
00:20:05saratogabeen procastinating on figuring out the header errors I get when trying to build rockbox with the wince-arm gcc version
00:20:54bertriksaratoga: what errors? can I have a quick look at them?
00:21:15 Join Lambduh [0] (n=Lambda@
00:21:39saratogabertrik: I'm pretty sure I haven't setup the include paths correctly and its using the wrong header files
00:21:53saratogabasically it dives into the gcc include files and turns up a lot of errors
00:22:17saratogai don't have the log handy, but I can post it once I get some time to really look at it
00:22:23 Join funman [0] (
00:23:52dionoeahey funman
00:24:16funmanhey, wassup
00:26:02saratogabertrik: you interested in wince >
00:26:24bertriksaratoga: no
00:26:34 Quit Nico_P (Remote closed the connection)
00:29:00 Part toffe82_
00:30:17 Quit t0mas ("Leaving")
00:31:57 Quit bertrik ("bye")
00:32:10 Join BHSPitLappy [0] (n=BHSPitLa@unaffiliated/bhspitmonkey)
00:33:14 Join bughunter2 [0] (n=Jelle@
00:34:55lazkaany1 of the main devs here?
00:35:01***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
00:36:59scorche|shit would probably be better to ask your followup question instead
00:37:29lazkayour right..
00:39:52 Quit AndyIL (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
00:40:53 Quit ender` (" "There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home." -- Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of DEC")
00:41:03 Quit herrwaldo (Remote closed the connection)
00:42:44markunlazka: interesting
00:43:04markunwe better change the icons then
00:43:12lazkayeah, I haven't checked rb for a while
00:44:09saratogathose are used in cabbie?
00:45:03lazkaanyway.. gn8. it's late here
00:45:27 Quit PaulJam_ (".")
00:46:30markungood night
00:49:32 Quit obo ("bye")
00:50:12 Join atrus [0] (
00:53:23 Part pixelma
00:58:47 Join einhirn_ [0] (
01:05:29 Join BlakeJohnson86 [0] (
01:11:14 Quit faemir (Remote closed the connection)
01:12:12 Quit saratoga ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
01:14:21 Quit bughunter2 ("bye")
01:15:42 Quit Schmogel (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
01:20:05 Join faemir [0] (
01:22:08 Part Ebert
01:23:30 Quit faemir (Remote closed the connection)
01:24:28 Join Evilnick [0] (
01:27:51 Quit funman ("leaving")
01:30:50 Quit mirak ("Quitte")
01:31:49 Join mirak [0] (
01:36:59 Join faemir [0] (
01:39:28 Quit midgey ()
01:41:00 Join jhulst [0] (n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst)
01:46:10 Quit BlakeJohnson86 (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
01:49:55 Join BlakeJohnson86 [0] (
01:51:17 Join midgey [0] (
01:56:12 Quit mirak ("Quitte")
01:56:51 Quit paulproteus (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
01:57:59 Quit DerDome ("Leaving.")
01:58:59 Join adamgolding [0] (
01:59:20adamgoldingdo any of you actually use the ratings in the rockbox db?
01:59:40 Join ferrari12508 [0] (n=44515500@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
02:00:25adamgoldingbecause without a way to sync the ratings with a desktop app i don't get their function
02:02:24 Quit oofus (Remote closed the connection)
02:04:09 Join Ipsilon [0] (n=447d626c@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
02:04:20 Quit Ipsilon (Client Quit)
02:05:11 Join Ipsilon [0] (n=447d626c@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
02:06:56 Quit ferrari12508 ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
02:07:29 Quit Ipsilon (Client Quit)
02:18:02 Quit adamgolding (Nick collision from services.)
02:18:06 Join adamgolding [0] (
02:20:15MarcGuayArg. Is it the Quick Menu or the Quick Screen? Working with the manual is difficult. I'll default to Quick Screen unless someone tells me otherwise...
02:25:10 Quit midgey ()
02:35:05***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
02:36:20 Quit Ph0ny^ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
02:49:59 Quit ZincAlloy ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
02:53:33 Part amaldo
03:00:11ReemoYeah right, my theme is (almost) finished :)
03:01:33 Quit miepchen^schlaf ()
03:04:27 Join miepchen^schlaf [0] (
03:08:33 Join lawsuit [0] (
03:17:50 Quit BlakeJohnson86 (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
03:23:44GuybrushDoes anybody know where I can download alternative MIDI patchsets besides the one on the Rockbox Midiplay page?
03:25:13 Quit adamgolding ()
03:35:17 Quit XavierGr ()
03:37:22 Quit faemir (Remote closed the connection)
03:46:10Reemosomeones with an x5 awake ready to test my theme?
03:46:29 Quit tvelocity (Remote closed the connection)
03:47:13Reemoshould work with iRiver h10's too
03:50:33krazykitReemo, you could always use the simulators ;)
03:50:52ReemoI'd like to have some feedback anyway ;)
03:51:01ReemoRuns fine on my X5
03:55:23 Join ctaylorr [0] (
03:56:14 Quit Reemo (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
03:56:42 Quit einhirn_ (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
03:58:29 Quit Thundercloud_ (Remote closed the connection)
03:59:51MarcGuayAnybody around with an H10? How do you exit the quick screen?
04:01:53MarcGuaysoap: I'm trying to FTFM.
04:02:18MarcGuayThe apps/keymap doesn't even have a ACTION_STD_CANCEL for that context.
04:02:40MarcGuayMaybe it falls back to the default?
04:02:47JdGordonMarcGuay: better try the sim, but im thinking power?
04:02:52 Join BlakeJohnson86 [0] (
04:03:04MarcGuayJdGordon: Good idea, didn't think of taht.
04:03:35JdGordonMarcGuay: and yes.. that "LAST_ITEM_IN_LIST__NEXTLIST(CONTEXT_STD)" line means check the stanrdd context next if its not found yet
04:04:14MarcGuayJdGordon: You are the man. Thanksies.
04:04:38JdGordonMarcGuay: hmm.. no looks like is the left button...
04:05:22MarcGuayJdGordon: Yep. I got confused by the fact that it has a Left button as well as a Prev button... Used to them being the same...
04:11:03 Quit Evilnick ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox]")
04:13:00MarcGuayWhy doesn't the M5 have an apps/keymap? Is it identical with the X5?
04:13:14JdGordoni think so
04:22:21 Join Seed [0] (
04:32:20 Quit Guybrush ()
04:32:58MarcGuayIs the Archos av300 just another name for a supported target or something completely other?
04:33:27*MarcGuay is ignorant of many things.
04:34:52JdGordonsomething new
04:35:08***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
04:35:10JdGordonwell.. not new.. just not finished yet
04:35:19MarcGuayJdGordon: Thanks again.
04:36:16 Quit ctaylorr (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:40:44 Quit Seedy (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:49:28 Join miepchen^schlaf_ [0] (
04:50:33 Quit jhulst (Connection timed out)
04:55:04 Join paulproteus [0] (n=paulprot@2002:cbb2:8293:0:0:0:0:1)
04:56:47 Quit miepchen^schlaf (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:58:29 Quit atrus ()
05:02:49 Part paulproteus ("Leaving")
05:06:06 Join jhulst [0] (n=jhulst@unaffiliated/jhulst)
05:08:04 Quit shadoxx ("Leaving")
05:27:20 Join atrus [0] (
05:33:46 Join petur [50] (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
05:34:19peturall the devcon carpoolers are now back home :)
05:34:23*petur off to bed now
05:34:29 Quit petur (Client Quit)
05:37:52 Quit Horscht ("Snak 5.3.3 Unregistered copy. Evaluation period is over. Program will now quit. Thanks for using Snak.")
05:48:42 Quit atrus (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
05:50:21 Join atrus [0] (
05:51:38 Join atrus_ [0] (
05:55:41 Join sarixe [0] (
05:59:58 Quit atrus ("Ex-Chat")
06:00:05 Quit atrus_ ()
06:01:09 Quit JdGordon ("Konversation terminated!")
06:14:37 Quit daurn (Remote closed the connection)
06:17:02 Join JdGordon [0] (
06:29:52 Quit Zarggg ("Pursued by a bear")
06:35:09***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
06:38:04 Quit fdinel ("Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.")
06:41:34 Quit jhulst (Remote closed the connection)
06:45:51MarcGuayChanges to the wiki have also messed with what is considered a ValidWikiPageName (see the hard drive names on I should probably make a list..
06:49:33wpyhMarcGuay: I think we should use the old style of wiki names
06:49:52wpyhthere are too many words/abbreviations with two initial capitals
06:51:32MarcGuayI'm assuming it's a mistake. The wiki was updated over the weekend (possibly to a newer version of TWiki?), and I've noticed quite a few little quirks like this one.
06:52:13wpyhyeah, probably
06:52:22wpyhand there are things like FE0D being a wiki name ;)
06:53:20 Join Shaid [0] (
06:56:00MarcGuaywpyh: Did you not get a blank page when you went to edit? Maybe I need to clear my cache...
06:57:22wpyhMarcGuay: today I've saved my edits to that page as checkpoints... does that affect your side?
06:58:16MarcGuayI get blank pages when I try to edit it.. Doesn't happen with others.
06:59:57wpyhhm... are you editing it right now?
07:00:16wpyhif not then I'll save my changes
07:00:24MarcGuayGo ahead..
07:01:25wpyhplease try again and see if you get a blank page
07:02:47MarcGuayNow it's okay.. Previously if someone was editing it when you clicked the edit button, you'd get a warning..
07:03:03MarcGuaywpyh: Is there any reason those .bin files at the bottom aren't hidden?
07:03:39wpyhah, so it's another bug / problem of the new wiki
07:04:11wpyhthose are attachments −− when I added mine last time, I saw that the other attachments are not hidden, so I didn't hide mine
07:04:25wpyhI thought they were not hidden on purpose...
07:05:03MarcGuaywpyh: Seems to me like they're the same files which have been added to the chart right above them.
07:05:16MarcGuaywpyh: Could be wrong, and it's definitely not all of them.
07:06:01wpyhyes, they are the ATA identify files... I don't remember but it seems that most of the files are not hidden
07:06:07wpyhmaybe you could hide them? :)
07:07:26MarcGuaywpyh: You know, I would , but I get a blank page when I try to go to the "attach" screen. For another day...
07:08:15 Quit CaptainKewl (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
07:08:15wpyhhm... shall I try to do that over here then?
07:08:55wpyh(I don't get a blank page)
07:09:36*wpyh gets a blank page when he tries to manage an attachment
07:10:28MarcGuaywpyh: Sorry, yeah, it's the manage screen..
07:11:03wpyhmaybe we need to wait for the wiki admin to fix this...
07:20:06 Join J-23 [0] (
07:23:42 Quit GodEater ("Leaving")
07:25:29 Join AndyI [0] (n=pasha_in@
07:31:45 Quit vort3x (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
07:32:00 Join vort3x [0] (n=vortex@unaffiliated/dfa001)
07:35:37 Quit BHSPitLappy ("Ex-Chat")
07:41:44 Quit sarixe ("(EE) Failed to load "quit" module")
07:48:16 Quit MarcGuay ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox]")
07:54:49 Quit Zom (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
07:55:00 Join Zom [0] (n=zom@reactos/tester/Zom)
08:03:36 Quit Zom (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
08:03:46 Join Zom [0] (
08:05:18 Join Rob2223 [0] (
08:12:30 Quit Rob2222 (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
08:20:29amiconnscorche: Did you do anything with the VM yet?
08:20:34 Quit BigBambi (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
08:20:44 Join GodEater [0] (i=c2cbc962@gateway/web/ajax/
08:21:34 Quit miepchen^schlaf_ ()
08:22:24scorche|shamiconn: i have been looking at it as a reference for a few things...started a new image...realized that 2GB of allocated space would not be enough and plan on making another one when i am not due for exploring Berlin
08:23:09JdGordon2gb should be enough....
08:23:22JdGordontemporarily stick /home on another partition for the compiling
08:23:56amiconnThe disk is 6GB, split into 5.5GB for / and the rest for swap
08:25:03amiconn2GB are taken atm (including everything necessary to build, even an svn checkout)
08:26:13scorche|shand some people like to have multiple svn checkouts
08:26:39amiconnYou can resize the disk if more space is all you need
08:26:42JdGordonI have a qemu debian image here (without X and cross compilers yet) and its barely 800mb.. and that can definatly be trimmed down
08:27:00amiconnJdGordon: The crosscompilers add a lot...
08:27:31scorche|shJdGordon: not to mention texlive, X, etc
08:27:40 Join ender` [0] (
08:27:56JdGordon200mb for the compilers on my box...
08:28:05JdGordonhow big is the TeX stuff?
08:28:05scorche|shit adds up
08:28:29scorche|sh200 or so, i think for texlive and dependencies....i am not sure though and that is just a random guess
08:28:42scorche|sh300 or so, possibly..
08:29:14amiconnThere is no X in my image
08:29:28amiconnThe texlive stuff is about 500MB uncompressed
08:29:56JdGordonwe probably dont need X at all... just setup the win32 cross compiler for the sim and samba to share it
08:30:09amiconnGuess what my image contains...
08:30:20JdGordonjust setup the win32 cross compiler for the sim and samba to share it
08:30:28amiconnwin32 crosscompiler, sdl-win32, and samba...
08:31:41 Join Bagderr [0] (n=daniel@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
08:32:05 Nick Bagderr is now known as B4gder (n=daniel@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
08:34:52gromit``shit :)
08:35:11***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
08:52:01 Join ryran [0] (
08:52:59 Join davina [0] (
08:53:57ryranhey everyone. looking for a tip or two on my non-graphic progress bar code: %pb|-|7|-|306|9| gives me just what I want in the sim, but when I actually load the wps on my ipod video I end up with a blank line where the pb should be.
08:54:18ryrananyone have any ideas?
08:58:28 Join webguest31 [0] (n=ccbf5997@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
09:00:22webguest31Hello everyon
09:00:29 Quit webguest31 (Client Quit)
09:01:11GodEaterso patient...
09:01:30 Join Nico_P [0] (i=53915df2@gateway/web/ajax/
09:06:29 Quit Nico_P (" ajax IRC Client")
09:07:08 Join mib_jwid4p [0] (i=53915df2@gateway/web/ajax/
09:07:37 Quit mib_jwid4p (Client Quit)
09:07:47 Join Nico_P [0] (i=53915df2@gateway/web/ajax/
09:09:39 Join pixelma [50] (i=pixelma@rockbox/staff/pixelma)
09:11:32*Nico_P has posted a (hopefully) fix on FS #8977
09:11:38JdGordonNico_P: what the heck you doing!!! you cant go round fixing bugs... we dont actually want a 3.0!!!
09:12:10Nico_Phahaha :D
09:15:27ryranhey JdGordon: can I ask..any insight on my odd %pb dilemma?
09:16:04JdGordonwhich one is that?
09:16:14 Quit ryran (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
09:16:23JdGordono..k.. then
09:16:31 Join ryran [0] (
09:17:00JdGordonyour definatly using the same version in the sim and target?
09:17:05 Quit Zom (Connection timed out)
09:17:11ryranOH my.
09:18:08ryranthat's all you had to say.. hahaha. I hadn't updated my player with a post-pb/cond.viewports build 'cause I was waiting to fix my wpses.
09:18:11ryranso silly
09:18:25ryranthanks. you're the best JDG. :)
09:18:34JdGordonand yes... I am :D
09:18:54B4gdernow that's sort of bug fixing we like
09:19:07*B4gder inserts a "the"
09:19:08 Join LinusN [0] (n=linus@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
09:20:51JdGordonjust something I from the first meeting and RSB... did you guys get some sort of "mission statement" done for rockbox?
09:22:53 Join JdGordon|uni [0] (i=d31c822f@gateway/web/ajax/
09:23:07 Quit JdGordon (Remote closed the connection)
09:23:12 Nick JdGordon|uni is now known as JdGordon (i=d31c822f@rockbox/developer/JdGordon)
09:23:58LinusN"hack hard, have fun" - there you go :-)
09:24:09B4gderah, there it is
09:24:18LinusNhow could we forget?
09:25:06 Join dabujo [0] (
09:25:43JdGordonsounds good to me
09:28:26LinusNbut we should probably try to agree about a general direction, like "we want to be the best firmware for audio playback on the planet" or something
09:28:32pixelmascorche: (if you still around and in case you heard something from him) did Llorean already tell whether his nano started working again after a charge or something? There is now a "Help! Ata error: -11" thread in the forums...
09:31:19GodEaterpixelma: which resulted in "gone back to the OF" didn't it ?
09:31:48scorche|shpixelma: i have not heard from him
09:32:02scorche|shprobably still flying
09:32:33*LinusN got home just in time to see the last 10 minutes of the EC finals
09:32:52pixelmaGodEater: yeah, but I got that on Llorean's nano after updating to recent SVN because I wanted to check bug report... scorche's nano didn't hang but I could confirm the report
09:33:03JdGordonLinusN: well, even something generic like that has its problems... (no offence to anyone) but there depending on what the agreed goal of the project is I wouldnt want them on the board...
09:34:11pixelmaGodEater: Llorean's was very low on battery and so the first idea was that it had something to do with that
09:34:42GodEaterah right
09:34:57LinusNJdGordon: i have problems deciphering that sentence
09:35:12*GodEater does too
09:35:15GodEaterit doesn't parse :)
09:35:23LinusN?SYNTAX ERROR
09:35:41GodEater?REDO FROM START
09:36:38JdGordon"we want to be the best firmware for audio playback on the planet" is pretty generic.. best how? some will say play music flawlessly and ignore anything else, others will say have the most features and ignore other stuff
09:37:00GodEateryou're looking for a mission statement which runs to several pages ?
09:37:20JdGordoncourse not...
09:37:43JdGordonbut without it, choosing people for the board is pointless
09:38:33GodEaterit is ?
09:38:56JdGordonsure, how can you know who will server best if you dont know what the goals are?
09:39:28markunJdGordon: don't expect to have a mission statement like "more doom and rockboy!"
09:39:38JdGordonoh damn! :p
09:39:46GodEaterJdGordon: surely you nominate someone who you believe shares *your* goals ? :)
09:40:27 Join Zom [0] (
09:40:38JdGordonah, but the RSB is to to the best for rockbox, not for me...
09:41:27GodEaterthat's very selfless of you
09:46:04B4gderthat tower only becomes more impressive the more you look at it
09:46:41GodEateryeah, it's pretty huge :)
09:47:36*GodEater can also confirm works just great
09:50:32 Join crashd [0] (
09:50:35 Quit J-23 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
09:50:47*GodEater loves pulseaudio
09:51:48 Nick gevaerts_ is now known as gevaerts (
09:52:38LinusNJdGordon: i know what you mean, and i kind of agree, but as GodEater is hinting, you should probably vote for someone who shares your goals
09:53:06LinusNbut a good policy/mission statement is not a bad idea in this context
09:53:38GodEaterwho gets to vote by the way ?
09:53:43wpyhsorry for interupting, but are there any wiki admins here?
09:53:53LinusNwpyh: problems?
09:54:04JdGordonGodEater: all commiters iirc
09:54:05wpyhlet me check
09:54:17*GodEater tears up his nomination slip
09:54:46wpyhplease see the irc logs at roughly 3 hours before now
09:55:30wpyh1. some words are now recognized as a valid WikiName, when they shouldn't
09:56:01 Join JD24 [0] (
09:56:02wpyh2. there is no warning screen when one tries to edit a page while someone else is editing; instead, only a blank screen is displayed
09:56:10LinusNwpyh: björn updated the wiki during devcon, and there is much more work to be done
09:56:19wpyh3. trying to manage an attachment gives a blank screen
09:56:26LinusNthe blank screens are template problems
09:56:40LinusNthe twiki template system is a little messy
09:56:49wpyhI'll wait for it to be fixed then :)
09:56:57wpyhhow about the WikiName problem?
09:57:32LinusNit could be that Twiki has changed the rules for twikinames in later versions
09:57:33pixelmawasn't there a rockbox user and twiki "fan" a while ago who offered help (in the mailing list and here, I believe)?
09:57:38 Quit Shaid (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
09:57:46LinusNpixelma: aurelio heckert
09:58:00wpyhcan we change the rules to the old ones?
09:58:09wpyhI think the new rules are too inclusive
09:58:14pixelmayeah. Maybe he could help a bit?
09:58:22LinusNi haven't heard from hin in a while, but he did some preliminary stuff in a separate web that looked promising
09:58:35LinusNso he is on the case
09:59:16LinusNwpyh: hey, why not create a new wiki topic with your observations, like a todo list?
09:59:37wpyhhm... like WikiTODO?
10:00:06LinusNor WikiIssues or something
10:00:07wpyhor WikiBugs?
10:00:17wpyhgood idea
10:00:30LinusNcan you do that?
10:00:43 Quit ryran ("hasta la pasta jobrodie-heads!")
10:00:57wpyhLinusN: I can, but I'm not confident I can cover all issues or do it well
10:01:14LinusNjust cover those you see
10:01:17pixelmaothers can add things
10:01:22LinusNothers can fill in the rest
10:01:33LinusNit's just a scratchpad anyway
10:01:43 Join faemir [0] (
10:01:43wpyhI think the name WikiIssues would be good, so I'll use that
10:02:18GodEaterthe mp3 recording of the first meeting is *so* much easier to follow than the ustream recording
10:03:29B4gderPetur is truly our #1 documenter of devcons
10:03:52pixelmafirst part was only recorded with an H300's internal mic btw. until petur remembered that he changed settings the day before
10:04:08GodEateryes, I noticed the sudden change in the middle :)
10:05:47 Join JdGordon_ [0] (
10:05:49*Nico_P is still looking for testers for his FS #8977 fix
10:07:08GodEateris it only the one model which is affected ? (/me doesn't quite believe this)
10:07:48 Join Zom_ [0] (
10:09:55 Join JUSTWJX [0] (n=dingxu@
10:10:58Nico_PGodEater: affected by what?
10:11:11GodEateryour bug
10:11:15GodEaterthat you've fixed
10:11:39Nico_PGodEater: I think the bug affects all SWCODEC targets
10:12:08Nico_Peven sims
10:12:09GodEaterokay - it's just the FS task reads like it only affects one specific iPod model
10:12:55Nico_Pyes, the wording is a bit ambiguous
10:13:03 Quit Zom (Connection timed out)
10:13:21GodEaterI'd test for you - but my work build environment suffers from lack of access to svn still =/
10:13:44*JdGordon_ is currently rebuilding crosscompilers... but will test when thats done
10:14:44wpyhOK, I've created a new page here:
10:15:02wpyhwould be useful if it's linked somewhere (front page or documentation maybe)
10:15:13*Nico_P doesn't have svn acces either
10:15:32 Quit JdGordon (" ajax IRC Client")
10:16:45 Quit crashd ("Lost terminal")
10:21:09preglowhmm, ata-sd-pp.c seems to pass rca as a parameter to the SET_BUS_WIDTH command, which is wrong according to the sd spec. anyone knowledgable enough to comment?
10:22:06LinusNwpyh: i added it to the Wiki front page:
10:23:19GodEaterwhich SoC student has disappeared ?
10:23:39wpyhgreat, will be more noticeable that way :)
10:23:45 Join safetydan [0] (n=safetyda@rockbox/developer/safetydan)
10:26:01LinusNGodEater: i haven't heard from taylor killian in a while, have you?
10:27:38GodEaternever did in the first place - this is just news to me - I didn't realise we'd lost someone already :(
10:28:34LinusNwell, we'll see
10:28:42GodEatermidterms are very soon aren't they ?
10:29:34preglowjhMikeS: pingz?
10:30:03GodEatermid term evaluations for Google Summer of Code
10:30:20GodEaterif Taylor doesn't show up soon, he'll likely be failed, and we'll have lost a project :(
10:35:14***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
10:35:45preglowwhat project was that?
10:37:19LinusNarm simulator
10:37:20 Join hdo [0] (
10:41:10preglowoh :/
10:47:35 Join bertrik [0] (
10:52:46Nico_Phehe, I've built git at work, so I should be able to work on rockbox despite the lack of svn access :)
10:53:13Nico_Pit's nice that git allows doing things over HTTP (thanks to libcurl)
10:53:29 Quit JD24 (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
10:56:07Nico_PB4gder: btw, I'm also using libcurl in a work project :)
10:56:55B4gderthat pleases me!
10:58:51preglowis doing masking manually almost faster than using bitfields?
10:59:00 Join petur [50] (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
10:59:19preglowwhy, really? just plain bad code generating?
10:59:27B4gderoften mostly that
10:59:36B4gderbut bitfields also encorages bad practises
10:59:55B4gder"this looks like a regular variable that i'll just access and use as if it is"
11:00:45*B4gder will refrain from mentioning his fights at work over these issues... :-)
11:01:09bertrikI've never used bitfields
11:01:13preglowme neither
11:01:25B4gderthen you are blessed and will live forever!
11:01:34preglowsounds like a bother :/
11:02:05preglowunless you can arrange for me to do so in a designated rockbox heaven
11:02:57B4gderI'll fix that for you
11:03:12preglowhere i come, eternity!
11:03:16*B4gder pulls some strings
11:06:51 Quit faemir (Remote closed the connection)
11:12:21 Join JdGordon [0] (
11:15:31 Quit JUSTWJX (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:21:36 Join spiorf [0] (n=spiorf@
11:24:06 Quit spiorf (Remote closed the connection)
11:24:31 Quit JdGordon_ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:28:38 Quit safetydan ("Leaving")
11:31:24 Join Reemo [0] (
11:35:38markunwpyh: thanks for updating the wiki, I didn't know about the M3'SL'
11:37:37Nico_Pcloning the rockbox git repo is taking ages!
11:38:46Nico_P(the internet link at work typically downloads at ~15KB/s)
11:39:00markunNico_P: we were talking about an official git repo for rockbox which updated after every commit. Do you know how we could set it up?
11:39:59JdGordonNico_P: sorry about the lag... i just checked our recipe and it definatly is easy to reporduce... testing now with the patch
11:40:10 Join JUSTWJX [0] (n=dingxu@
11:40:35Nico_Pmarkun: it would be quite easy I think. syncing is just a matter of having an svn post-commit hook run "git svn rebase" on the git repo
11:41:00Nico_PJdGordon: cool, thanks :)
11:41:14markunNico_P: yes, shouldn't be difficult
11:41:47Nico_Pmarkun: the intial setup requires a bit of thought (e.g. which branches to import), but it's far from difficult
11:42:18JdGordon... just waiting for the damn OF to connect to usb...
11:42:39Nico_Pmaybe we'll want to use git-svnimport instead of git-svn though
11:42:53JdGordonwhat brought the git talk up again?
11:42:59*JdGordon thought we were happy with svn?
11:43:12Nico_Pthey talked about setting up a mirror at devcon switching
11:44:18GodEaterwhat's the different between git-svnimport and regular git-svn ?
11:44:58Nico_Pgit-svn is two-way, i.e. it allows committing to svn
11:44:59 Join J-23 [0] (
11:45:06GodEaterah I see
11:45:22JdGordonNico_P: after skipping back to the begning of the track, do I need to wait for the song to finish? or can I press next?
11:45:22*preglow doesn't really see a compelling reason to use git for rockbox
11:45:30*GodEater wonders what the point of a read-only git repo for Rockbox is
11:45:54Nico_PJdGordon: you can press next
11:46:08Nico_Pmaybe wait for buffering to end before doing it, though
11:46:12JdGordonthen I dont tihnk that fixed it...
11:46:20*JdGordon double checks
11:46:24markunpreglow: it makes working on different things at the same time easy
11:46:25 Join crashd [0] (
11:46:37 Quit crashd (Client Quit)
11:46:43 Join crashd [0] (
11:46:47markunGodEater: faster download of the source for people who use git?
11:47:09markunwith git-svn every revision is downloaded
11:47:25JdGordonNico_P: hmm... actually.. yeah seems ok
11:47:39JdGordonI may have started on a different track that I thought I was on
11:47:53Nico_PGodEater: hmm, maybe it would be best to build the mirror with git-svn so that people who clone it can then use it to commit to svn
11:48:17Nico_PJdGordon: maybe I overlooked something
11:48:23pixelmaJdGordon: about the quickscreen on Nano when language is set to German bug... a Nano sim doesn't crash but you can see that the lines doesn't scroll when they should be and the center icons are missing (compare to other sims with even smaller displays)
11:49:21JdGordonNico_P: nope, it works...
11:50:16JdGordonpixelma: does germnan work on the smaller displays?
11:51:09GodEaterNico_P: I think a two way git-repo is a much better idea, otherwise there's little point maintaining a remote repo - you might as well just git-svn import your own copy from the existing svn repo, and then commit back to that
11:51:30 Join stoffel [0] (
11:51:40Reemohmm hey guys
11:51:47Reemojust noticed something when fixing some themes
11:52:35pixelmayeah, works on M5, Mini, small H10, c200 - can't test on my Archos
11:53:31pixelmathat's why the idea with the Nano's and e200's screen width clash
11:54:06 Join t0mas [0] (n=tomas@rockbox/developer/t0mas)
11:54:17ReemoThe shuffle icon used in several themes is... copyrighted by Apple -.-
11:54:30Nico_PJdGordon: great :)
11:54:39JdGordonfor some reason i couldnt even load the german lang file last night in the nano sim... ill try again now though
11:55:00JdGordonit does look wierd in the e200 sim though, and if they have the same width they should act the same
11:55:32Nico_PGodEater: there would be one advantage: devs wouldn't have to import the svn repo themselves (it's slow), but I agree two-way is probably better anyway
11:56:51markunand I guess we need to replace some icons because of license problems
11:57:37pixelmaJdGordon: looks the same in the e200 sim as on the other targets but this is with a just before devcon revision
11:58:17 Join DataGhost [0] (n=dataghos@unaffiliated/dataghost)
12:03:44JdGordonpixelma: you mentioned petur's change about lcdwidth yesterday? I think that might have been spot on....
12:05:04pixelmaI just remember petur telling me that there is a spot in the _old_ code that assumes lcd height from lcd width. The bug report is also older...
12:05:22pixelmathan his changes I mean
12:05:42JdGordonwhich old code?
12:06:22pixelmaI don't remember - maybe he does
12:06:50d34df00dWhy BlackGlass AA theme doesn't work with the new rockbox build rev. 17888?
12:06:58d34df00dAnd what should I do to fix it?
12:07:09 Join linuxstb_ [0] (n=linuxstb@rockbox/developer/linuxstb)
12:07:44Reemod34df00d, its probably the progress bar
12:07:49ReemoI'm on repairing some themes, too
12:08:07d34df00dReemo: so I should wait for the theme update?
12:08:19ReemoI just repair those i like
12:08:34ReemoAnd just for X5 ;)
12:08:40d34df00dReemo: I can't do it because I don't have any skills of writing WPS files :)
12:08:57ReemoQuestion is wether its allowed to update them (license stuff)
12:09:07Reemod34df00d, i got to know rockbox ... 2 days ago ;P
12:12:05Reemowhats your model?
12:12:19Nico_PGodEater: git-svnimport seems to have been dropped
12:13:16d34df00dReemo: ipod 5g.
12:13:28d34df00d(5.5 probably) 80 GB video.
12:13:38Reemoah okay
12:20:10JdGordonpixelma: fixed it... but is it better to show the icons and have it look off-center (and need to scroll), or hide icons and dont scroll?
12:20:21 Quit Bagder (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
12:21:30peturJdGordon: did you find the code pixelma mentioned? I fail to find it for the moment although I remember writing a TO BE FIXED comment next to it (or something like that)
12:22:46JdGordonpetur: im not sure which you mean... i found the display->lcdwidth in quickscreen.c which i've fixed
12:22:52 Quit linuxstb (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
12:23:11JdGordonI need to go through and check every single occurance of ->lcdwidth|height :(
12:24:16pixelmaJdGordon: hiding the icons still won't be enough on some targets or screens or in combination with a large font to avoid scrolling so I don't think it's worth it to invent an extra case for that
12:24:31pixelmapersonal opinion though
12:25:19JdGordonok, gonna try something which will hopefully look nice and still be usable
12:26:15JdGordonpixelma: mind testing out a patch?
12:27:00 Quit stoffel ("leaving")
12:27:00 Quit AndyI ()
12:27:43peturJdGordon: I'll try to have a look later (tonight), gtg now...
12:27:51 Quit petur ("real life")
12:29:52 Quit hdo (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
12:30:10 Join hdo [0] (
12:33:00 Join ctaylorr [0] (
12:33:49 Join AndyI [0] (n=pasha_in@
12:34:03 Join PaulJam [0] (
12:34:13Reemohmm is anybody responsible for the themes here?
12:34:19LinusNwe all are
12:34:33ReemoSo where should i upload corrected ones ;)
12:34:52ReemoAnd are all themes CC-by-sa licensed?
12:35:15***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
12:35:45PaulJamLinusN: just wondering, was there at least a little progress on the H300 bootloader issues during devcon?
12:39:01LinusNPaulJam: yes, i know which revision that broke it
12:39:17 Quit g-ro (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
12:39:28PaulJamcool, that sounds promising.
12:40:00LinusNReemo: i think not
12:40:25LinusNregarding corrections, you are probably supposed to contact the author in the first place
12:40:39 Join stoffel [0] (
12:40:46Reemohmm okay
12:40:51LinusNPaulJam: yes, kind of. but i don't yet know what caused it
12:40:56Reemogood to know, just edited one public domain theme yet
12:41:15B4gderpublic domain really?
12:41:59ReemoHiPod Themes
12:42:50B4gderwe need a themes site
12:43:00Reemoa working theme site ;)
12:43:04B4gderI reacted since you cannot actually make anything "public domain" in practise
12:43:47ReemohiPod themes are in fact very... difficult to handle
12:44:18Reemofirst they empathize the iPod Themes
12:44:37ReemoAnd second, which is probably the point of failure: shuffle icon is trademarked.
12:51:28scorche|shReemo: most of the themes there should be cc-by-sa...the ones that do should have a little icon on them
12:52:54 Join axionix_ [0] (
12:53:23 Quit axionix_ (Client Quit)
12:53:23 Quit axionix ("Lost terminal")
12:53:35 Join axionix [0] (
12:54:00 Join Thundercloud [0] (
12:56:53Reemoyepp scorche, but i was confused by the form for submitting new themes
12:57:13Reemowhere you just have the "I, $name declare this ... CC-by-sa"
12:59:20scorche|shthat was not always there
13:02:48 Join Schmogel [0] (
13:10:50 Quit Thundercloud (Remote closed the connection)
13:11:08 Join domonoky [0] (n=Domonoky@rockbox/developer/domonoky)
13:12:21 Join fdinel [0] (
13:14:19 Join Thundercloud [0] (
13:20:54 Join Zagor [242] (n=bjst@rockbox/developer/Zagor)
13:23:27 Join alleyoopster [0] (
13:29:57JdGordonpixelma: got impatient again :p let me know if it makes it worse...
13:31:49 Join MethoS- [0] (
13:32:08 Quit alleyoopster (Remote closed the connection)
13:42:42 Join Thundercloud_ [0] (
13:46:16 Quit JUSTWJX (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
13:56:32 Join Arathis [0] (
13:57:12 Quit Thundercloud (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
14:00:12bertrikHas anyone ever considered writing a kind of command shell plugin?
14:00:57Nico_Pbertrik: entering commands would be a pain...
14:00:58bertrikI thinking of writing one as a proof of concept. It would allow you to do a kind of on-target debugging for example
14:01:16bertrikI was thinking of letting the input/output run through a UART or USB serial
14:01:35Nico_PUSB serial would be nice :)
14:03:31B4gderthat'd be really cool
14:03:58bertrikUSB serial and UARTS could register themselves as a character input/output device (for getc, putc), so the plugin would not need to know where the characters came from
14:04:51bertrikI would have to make USB serial work properly first (for both windows and linux)
14:05:35Nico_Pwould that allow remote debugging with gdb?
14:06:20bertrikThe available commands in the command shell could at first be as simple as peek/poke/dump like functions and later add more advanced features. When implemented as a plugin it does not affect the core code size.
14:06:50B4gderyes, using usb serial gdb on target should be possible
14:06:53bertrikNico_P, I don't know much about gdb stubs yet
14:06:57LinusNbertrik: imho it would be a lot more useful to write a gdb stub
14:08:37bertrikI think both would be useful. I think I can get a command shell running pretty quickly, but for a gdb stub I need to read up a lot first.
14:09:01 Join tdtooke [0] (
14:09:33tdtookeOk, who should I bug here about reopening a patch on the tracker?
14:10:27tdtookeI haven't looked in a while but it seems progressbar-slider has been closed and I'm to use px. I really don't want to use 80+ images just for a slider and I've rewritten the patch and it is now half it's original size so I'm wanting to campaign this thing.
14:10:50bertrikUSB serial should have become a little easier now that windows xp sp3 is out. AFAIK they fixed some bugs that make the windows usb serial more standards compliant
14:12:57PaulJamtdtooke: i think with clever use of viewports it should be possible to reduce the amount of images you would need for a slider progressbar. just break up the progressbar into several viewports that use the same imagestrip. not sure if that works in practice, though.
14:13:09 Join Thundercloud__ [0] (
14:15:00tdtookeI don't think it'd be too smooth that way, an image strip would make it jerky since the smoothness I'm accustomed to would have the imagestrip filled with overlapping images, not that that's possible
14:15:06 Join MethoS_ [0] (n=clemens@
14:15:30 Join tvelocity [0] (
14:19:05 Quit Zbuben (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
14:21:42 Join JUSTWJX [0] (n=dingxu@
14:26:26 Quit Thundercloud_ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
14:26:41PaulJamtdtooke: i'm not sure i understand. the images from a single imagestrip always overlap, since they have the same coordinates. as long as only one image of the strip is shown at a time i don't see the problem.
14:31:04PaulJambut with a separate tag for a slider progressbar this would of course be much much easier.
14:32:04 Quit MethoS- (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
14:32:18 Join MethoS- [0] (
14:32:18tdtookeWhat I did in the patch was just have it look for an 's' at the end of the %pb tag, if one was there it was a slider, if not it wasn't. I think I understand what you're getting at now, basically I'd need 80+ viewports then? I think?
14:33:02LinusNtdtooke: if we were to add support for a slider bar, how would you like it to behave?
14:34:26tdtookeI'd want it to be pretty smooth without having to have multiple images or viewports basically
14:35:18***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
14:36:57tdtookePersonally I think what I did is pretty lean, all it is is adding an option for the slider in draw progressbar which calls an added function slider_progressbar_draw and I added a bool is_slider and that's pretty much it
14:38:39tdtookeThe slider_progressbar_draw function is the same as it ever was, I just removed all the unnecessary tokenizer craziness from the old one and tightened it up
14:38:41 Join Zbuben [0] (
14:40:14Nico_Ptdtooke: does your patch allow drawing both a regular pb and a slider pb?
14:40:35Nico_Pnice :)
14:40:45tdtookeif it finds the 's' at the end of the pb tag it sets is_slider to true, else it's a regular progressbar
14:45:48tdtookeIf you guys want I can give you a link to the patch I did on my homepage so you can see if it's crazy or doable
14:46:45 Quit csc` ("10.23.07: Never forget")
14:48:07 Join ZincAlloy [0] (n=d9eefc40@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
14:48:52 Quit MethoS_ (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
14:49:24 Join jpt9 [0] (n=jpt9@
14:51:36 Join bughunter2 [0] (n=Jelle@
14:54:56 Join csc` [0] (n=csc@archlinux/user/csc)
14:55:39tdtookeWell, I have to run guys, sorry to cut it short but apparently my mother has a flat tire and can't change it
14:55:45 Quit tdtooke ("Leaving")
14:57:46 Join jgarvey [0] (
15:00:42 Join webguest50 [0] (n=d2ebf7a0@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
15:01:41 Join LambdaCalculus37 [0] (i=44a0430f@gateway/web/ajax/
15:06:15 Join Arathis2 [0] (
15:06:26 Quit Arathis2 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
15:09:47 Quit Schmogel ("Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.")
15:10:35 Part lawsuit ("PART")
15:10:38 Quit bughunter2 ("bye")
15:10:54 Quit amiconn (Nick collision from services.)
15:11:01 Join amiconn [50] (n=jens@rockbox/developer/amiconn)
15:12:42 Quit jpt9 (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
15:15:04 Join Schmogel [0] (
15:15:15 Quit webguest50 ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
15:18:18 Join faemir [0] (
15:20:08 Quit Schmogel (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
15:21:47 Quit EspeonEefi ("さよなら")
15:23:52 Quit Arathis (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
15:25:41 Join juxtap [0] (n=juxtap@unaffiliated/juxtap)
15:25:51 Join Genre9mp3 [0] (n=yngwiejo@rockbox/contributor/Genre9mp3)
15:31:43 Join MethoS_ [0] (n=clemens@
15:34:01 Join arohtar [0] (
15:34:08 Quit arohtar (Remote closed the connection)
15:44:37 Join Strife89 [0] (n=cc74f598@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
15:45:19Strife89I'm working on the Wiki today.
15:45:52 Quit ZincAlloy ("CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)")
15:46:06Strife89Could someone offer suggestions for questions for the Battery FAQ?
15:46:32LambdaCalculus37Let me see what's there now.
15:47:46 Join kugel [0] (n=chatzill@unaffiliated/kugel)
15:48:03 Quit MethoS- (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
15:49:43Strife89IRC is being slow today..... Darn it.
15:49:46LambdaCalculus37Strife89: The whole FAQ seems to be Archos-centered. If you'd like, you can make that all one section, then start one for Li-Ion batteries.
15:50:21LambdaCalculus37One good question to put up would be "What would be a good charging habit for my Li-Ion batteries?"
15:53:21Strife89REALLY SLOW. That last message of mine took three minutes to show up.
15:54:07LambdaCalculus37Strife89: Mibbit!
15:54:49Strife89I've got some battery research up right now. Perhaps I can make separate pages for each? Then I could list the devices on each page that uses those batteries.
15:56:25LambdaCalculus37Strife89: Try to keep it together as one if possible.
15:58:34 Join Arathis [0] (
16:00:19 Quit Strife89 ("CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)")
16:00:20 Nick Zom_ is now known as Zom (
16:00:29 Join Strife89 [0] (n=cc74f598@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
16:01:51LambdaCalculus37Web IRC client.
16:02:39 Join BlameHofmann [0] (n=4d61127f@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
16:03:16BlameHofmannhey guys, was wondering if anyone can help me...
16:04:57BlameHofmanni've got the 0627 build on my ipod 80, and after installing the WPS has reverted to the default (ie. number. track, name track, artist, album, year and then the progress bar and the meter)... I've tried changing skin but it does'nt fix it
16:05:18dionoeaMust be because WPS syntax changed recently
16:05:26dionoeatry getting an uptodate WPS from the website
16:06:07BlameHofmannfrom ?
16:06:24dionoeaI guess so. Other people here would know for sure.
16:06:30 Quit Strife89 ("CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)")
16:06:37ReemoBlameHofmann, get the WPS Tag Reference
16:06:38BlameHofmannk, thanks brb in 5 with results
16:06:40Reemoand look for %P tag
16:06:52ReemoYou have to change it to %pb with some additional changes
16:07:01Reemoi had the svn commit msg...
16:07:27BlameHofmannokay, thanks a lot
16:07:39BlameHofmannand i'll need to change every skin I have?
16:08:28BlameHofmannforget that, found the PERL script :)
16:09:27 Join Strife89 [0] (i=cc74f598@gateway/web/ajax/
16:09:54 Join EspeonEefi [0] (
16:10:05Strife89Aha! Thanks, lambda! :)
16:10:45 Join xnyhps [0] (n=xnyhps@2001:470:1f14:da:1:3:3:7)
16:10:46 Join JUSTWJX1 [0] (n=dingxu@
16:11:02 Join mf0102 [0] (n=michi@
16:11:58 Part JUSTWJX1
16:13:04Strife89I'm afraid I lost your suggestions, Lamba; do you mind repeating them?
16:13:17krazykitStrife89, you can always read the logs ;)
16:13:25Strife89:slaps forehead:
16:14:11ReemoBlameHofmann, try it
16:14:16Reemoi dont know wether it works properly
16:14:27Reemoafaik %P is Line positioned, while %pb is Absolute
16:14:40JdGordon... so once Nico_P commits his patch, we wont have any showstoppers left?
16:14:51JdGordonReemo: there is no %P tag
16:15:04B4gderJdGordon: yeah, that feels scary!
16:15:30ReemoNot any more
16:15:43JdGordonit was removed last week
16:15:48Strife89krazykit: Do the logs go that far? (IOW, how far behind is the live feed?)
16:16:04LambdaCalculus37Strife89: Dude, the logs record *everything*. ;)
16:16:09ReemoYepp, i told so
16:16:26Reemo%P was(!) line positioned, wasnt it?
16:16:28Strife89I know that. But I'm nowhere in the live feed at the moment.
16:16:38Strife89Neither is Lambda
16:17:00Strife89D'oh! Never mind.
16:17:11Strife89My laptop is slow to load things today.
16:18:03*LambdaCalculus37 hands Strife89 a new internet connection
16:18:49*Strife89 appreciates the offer. :)
16:19:41*Strife89 thinks his WiFi is flaking out today.
16:20:10JdGordonReemo: no, %P wasnt... %P did nothing other than say what file to use for the progressbar bitmap
16:20:15kugelJdGordon: I can't tell why the pf patch doesn't work for you. Have you tried it on a target yet?
16:20:19Reemoah okay
16:20:30JdGordonkugel: no, i havnt...
16:20:40JdGordonill try it in a min
16:20:45PaulJamReemo: %P was just to specify the buitmap.%p is (and was) line- or absolute positioned depending on wether a y coordinate was given
16:20:46JdGordonit should work in the sim though...
16:20:50pixelmaStrife89: the live feed always lags a bit, the text only version is quicker but you need to refresh the page yourself
16:20:56Reemoah okay
16:21:00kugelJdGordon: it does for me, sim and target
16:22:13Strife89I'm a little nervous about what I put on the PluginReversi Wiki page. Can someone look at it? (You'll see what I mean.)
16:22:50 Part LinusN
16:23:05 Join MethoS- [0] (
16:23:34*LambdaCalculus37 reads it
16:23:35Reemobtw, since the current page doesnt offer submitting new themes i uploaded my theme to my blog
16:23:43Reemomaybe X5 and H10 users are interested in testing it
16:24:25PaulJamReemo: why not to the WPSGallery on the wiki?
16:24:41Reemodidnt know i can do it there
16:24:58 Quit JUSTWJX (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
16:25:52BlameHofmannSo instead of changing %P to %pb, I need to change %p to %pb?
16:26:04 Quit hdo (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
16:26:47kugelThere's a script which does that for you
16:26:48PaulJamBlameHofmann: no, you need to remove %P completely and adjust the %pb to the new syntax
16:27:07Nico_PJdGordon: I hope I'll manage to commit this evening
16:27:26JdGordonNico_P: still internet problems? or time problems?
16:27:26Nico_PIf not I'll probably just get someone to do it for me
16:27:49BlameHofmannok thanks
16:27:53 Join toffe82 [0] (
16:28:13Nico_PJdGordon: internet problems... at work I can't access anything but the web, and at the hotel the internet link gets overloaded very often
16:28:49Nico_Ptime too, but that's less of a problem
16:29:58BlameHofmann@ kugel: I don't have PERL on this computer
16:30:11LambdaCalculus37BlameHoffmann: So install it. :)
16:30:30JdGordonkugel: getting "read_bmp_fd: Bitmap too wide (50945 pixels, max is 176)" on every bmp with your patch
16:31:10*JdGordon hopes he is using the correct version
16:32:09kugelJdGordon: on every? Maybe there's just 1 bmp which is too wide and it makes the initializing stop
16:32:32 Nick fxb__ is now known as fxb (
16:32:33JdGordonnono...every one.... sim says so
16:33:10kugelJdGordon: I tried h300 sim, on both 32bit and 64bit system, and it works
16:33:20kugelI highly doubt my patch is causing that
16:33:56kugelwould be nice if you can double check your bmps, maybe the header is messed up or something
16:33:58JdGordonsad but true... plain svn works fine
16:34:12 Join vertic23 [0] (
16:34:33kugelJdGordon: Still, can you try it on a target?
16:34:53JdGordonim not commiting if it doesnt work in the sim...
16:35:21***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
16:35:47JdGordoncompiling for my h300...
16:35:52vertic23I got a problem with my cowon iAudio X5V - it doesnot recharge any anymore - only over USB :/ I read it could be that the battery is "damaged" or in some undefined state - but it's strange that it works over USB - and the battery lasts imho even longer than before
16:35:52B4gderwhat patch is this?
16:36:13JdGordonpictureflow updates
16:36:55kugelJdGordon: a test on the target please...
16:37:28kugelI know that you won't commit it when it doesn't work on the sim (for you), but a real-target test is really appreciated anyway
16:37:30vertic23wow, but 16 mb/s transfer speed now... my player is very strange somehow right now
16:37:59Strife89LambdaCalculus37: So, is it alright?
16:38:01JdGordonkugel: yeah yeah... testing.. getting lots of "could not read bitmap" splashes
16:38:24B4gderkugel: the width*width in the memcpy() line is probably a typo?
16:38:40kugelB4gder: AFAIK it has been there before
16:38:52 Quit MethoS_ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
16:39:00kugelJdGordon: what sizes are your bmp?
16:39:09B4gderoh right
16:39:13B4gderit doesn't make sense to me though
16:39:28*JdGordon guesses its because it forces square images?
16:39:49B4gderah right
16:39:57kugelJdGordon: yea, my guess.
16:40:00kugel- rb->memcpy(input_bmp_buffer, output_bmp_buffer,
16:40:02kugel- config.avg_album_width * config.avg_album_width * sizeof(fb_data));
16:40:10JdGordon100x100 or 120x120
16:40:11B4gdernot that I think it's fine anyway
16:40:19B4gdersince the day someone changes that...
16:41:45kugelWell, but I also have some bmp which are not exactly squared
16:42:03JdGordondunno... anyway, failed on target also
16:42:22kugelJdGordon: You could try config.avg_album_height for 1 of the _width
16:42:42JdGordonthats not the issue, im pretty sure
16:44:03kugelJdGordon: Can you also try to set the default "config.resize" to false?
16:44:04pixelmaaverage album width?
16:45:07JdGordonkugel: line?
16:45:33kugelabout 1650
16:45:41B4gderyou've broken the config file format
16:45:46B4gderso if JdGordon loads an existing file...
16:45:50 Part juxtap
16:45:59B4gderwon't it?
16:46:16kugelB4gder: yes, but he deleted his pf folder
16:46:32B4gderwe should put a binary version number in that file anyway
16:46:38B4gderto make it easier to change it
16:47:07B4gderbinary files read as structs are evil
16:47:16kugelB4gder: deleting the folder also results in resetting the config of course, so this one isn't the cause of his problems
16:47:34JdGordonarnt they text filkes?
16:47:42JdGordonisnt it using the config file lib?
16:48:20JdGordonwho wrote this plugin?!
16:48:28JdGordonkugel: no change
16:48:59kugelwell, I have no idea why it works perfectly for me but not at all for you
16:49:07Nico_PJdGordon: it was j0tt who wrote most of it
16:49:40B4gderkugel: what target(s) do you test it on?
16:50:05kugele200 target, e200+h300 sim (32&64bit)
16:50:05BlameHofmannright... installed perl, where do i go from here
16:50:11*LambdaCalculus37 wonders what plugin it was that made JdGordon "eeek" like a girl
16:51:07B4gderok, I can't see any obvious BE vs LE case but h300 is BE
16:51:12B4gderbig endian
16:51:42JdGordonreadlong() is safe?
16:51:51kugelB4gder: JdGordon also tests on a h300 sim
16:52:09JdGordonwidth = readlong(&bmph.width); is coming from the bmp header
16:53:50 Quit kugel ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0/2008052906]")
16:54:38 Join captainkewl [0] (i=2669ecc2@gateway/web/ajax/
16:54:59 Join kugel [0] (n=chatzill@unaffiliated/kugel)
16:56:32JdGordonkugel: can you do a patch which just adds the title? and do the other stuff in a seperate one?
16:57:39kugelJdGordon: take v3
16:57:51JdGordonprobably not in sync
16:57:58kugelJdGordon: well, it's not sync
16:58:58B4gderthat code needs a bit of policing...
17:00:04*LambdaCalculus37 gives B4gder his "Code Police" badge and a whistle :)
17:00:26JdGordondont forget the batton
17:00:29*B4gder stands straight. Thank you Sir!
17:00:42*LambdaCalculus37 also give B4gder his baton
17:00:52*JdGordon slaps LambdaCalculus37
17:00:55JdGordonnot baton.... batton
17:00:55Strife89LambdaCalculus37: So, is the Wiki page fine?
17:01:06JdGordonthat extra t is the extender bit to hit minority suspects :D
17:01:13B4gderbut I rather wait until kugel has worked these things out so I don't just make it more annoying
17:01:27LambdaCalculus37Strife89: Edit the questions so that they're bold, so people can tell them apart from the answers.
17:01:48Strife89What's the bold syntax?
17:01:53*LambdaCalculus37 rubs his head where JdGordon slapped it... ouch!
17:02:08LambdaCalculus37Strife89: IIRC you use asterisks (*) for bold.
17:02:19Strife89Gotcha. :)
17:03:43 Join MethoS_ [0] (
17:04:18LambdaCalculus37Strife89: Much nicer looking now. :)
17:04:40LambdaCalculus37Wanna add a screencap to the page?
17:04:57 Join petur [50] (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
17:05:27JdGordonis rbutilqt being renamed before 3.0?
17:05:31Strife89LambdaCalculus37: Thank you.
17:11:48 Join MarcGuay [0] (
17:12:03 Quit BlameHofmann ("CGI:IRC")
17:12:24 Join BlameHofmann [0] (n=4d61127f@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
17:12:43BlameHofmann@ kugel: How do you use the perl script?
17:14:02kugelBlameHofmann: "./ input.wps > output.wps"
17:16:14 Part B4gder
17:16:48BlameHofmann@ kugel: and type that into perl?
17:17:11GodEaterBlameHofmann: no, type that into a regular bash prompt
17:17:16kugelBlameHofmann: No, run in the command line. Perl is an interpreted language
17:19:23 Quit MarcGuay ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox]")
17:19:35BlameHofmannI don't understand? - '.' is not recognised as an internal or external command
17:19:58LambdaCalculus37BlameHoffmann: Windows, Linux, or OS X?
17:20:29 Quit MethoS- (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
17:20:45LambdaCalculus37Then navigate to the folder where the script is, and type "perl input.wps > output.wps"
17:21:36 Quit Nico_P (" ajax IRC Client")
17:21:43kugelJdGordon: when you commit the changes seperately, that'll break the pf config more than once
17:22:14JdGordonno because they should be changed to txt
17:22:26 Join knittl [0] (n=knittl@
17:24:26BlameHofmann@ Lambda: k, thanks, think I've got it
17:25:28kugelJdGordon: ok, I've prepared a sync'd v3 now
17:26:08JdGordon1.30am... im going to bed
17:26:16LambdaCalculus37JdGordon: Good night!
17:26:18 Quit JdGordon ("Konversation terminated!")
17:28:49 Quit Strife89 (" ajax IRC Client")
17:31:48amiconnThe memcpy() call kugel posted is very wrong for < 8 bit targets, and 2 bit targets also have album art...
17:32:01pixelmabut not pf
17:32:28*amiconn wonders about that inconsistency
17:33:15kugelamiconn: but it's not the cause of jdgordons problems, is it?
17:33:42kugelit doesn't work on his h300 sim&target, but it does work on my h300 sim and e200 sim&target
17:34:06*amiconn doesn't know
17:35:44 Quit BlameHofmann ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
17:35:48PaulJampictureflow seems to be a bit buggy in general, at some point it just stopped working and freezes instead when it tried to build the slides. and also before it didn't handle added or removed albums very well.
17:36:28 Join BlameHofmann [0] (n=4d61127f@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
17:36:34 Quit mf0102 ("Ex-Chat")
17:37:15pixelmanoticed that too, and the controls on c200 are a bit broken because of pluginlib actions (you can't move up or down in the track list as that just brings you back to the album art view
17:37:19kugelamiconn: jdgorden gets "read_bmp_fd: Bitmap too wide (50945 pixels, max is 176)" on every bmp with my patch. I don't have any problems
17:37:45BlameHofmannI went through all my .wps files with the script, but after a restart on the iPod nothing's changed
17:38:11 Join MarcGuay [0] (
17:38:58PaulJamBlameHofmann: the %m|| tags were removed too, maybe the themes you use contain those.
17:38:58 Join herrwaldo [0] (
17:39:36 Quit toffe82 (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
17:39:52BlameHofmannlol and if they did, how do I fix that?
17:39:58pixelmathat won't cause a rejection of the wps though, they are just ignored which means that some positions are not right
17:40:27BlameHofmann@ pixelma: all the wps's are being rejected completley
17:40:28PaulJampixelma: it will cause rejection because of the "|"s
17:40:55pixelmathis was at least the case with the last patch I tried before the commit
17:41:01pixelmaPaulJam: did you try?
17:41:28kugelpixelma: i tried :)
17:41:54amiconnPictureflow is a bug. It spits very confusing messages if there is no album art on the disk
17:43:05kugelBlameHofmann: Look into your wps files. The tool converts in a very basic way. E.g. optional parameters were ignored (i.e. use the default value) if the syntax wasn't proper before, now you have to use a "-" to make it use the default value
17:43:08LambdaCalculus37amiconn: Speaking of bugs, there's been another long-standing bug with Pictureflow.
17:43:12*petur adds a golden quote
17:43:45LambdaCalculus37Refreshing the picture database from within the plugin itself causes some album art to repeat itself on random albums that don't have art to begin with.
17:44:26pixelmadoesn't it also crash when you start the plugin while the database is not initialised or was that problem fixed?
17:44:46PaulJamLambdaCalculus37: that is what i meant with the bad handling of added or removed albums.
17:44:52kugelpixelma: it errors out with "no album art found" afair
17:45:15pixelmaI once tried in a sim and it crashed but that's been a while
17:45:17LambdaCalculus37kugel: That or IIRC "Please initialize database".
17:47:09pixelmaLambdaCalculus37: my impression was that the repetition is not random but at the spot the album was before something changed in the order of albums (which in turn made you "refresh" pf's database)
17:47:56MarcGuaypixelma: Agreed.
17:48:05MarcGuayThere is a method to it's madness.
17:48:17pixelmaI don't know if it makes any difference whether you have album art for or albums or not
17:48:46LambdaCalculus37pixelma and MarcGuay: Now that you both mention it... it's true.
17:48:54kugelIMO album art should be in tagcache, that'd make things easier
17:49:07MarcGuayMy impression, not studied thoroughly, is that if it doesn't find AA for a directory, it keeps the old AA at that index.
17:49:42MarcGuay(Which is just rephrasing what pixelma said, now that I think about it... :) )
17:50:04LambdaCalculus37But what she said does convey the idea very well.
17:50:49MarcGuayI don't think it's been posted to the tracker yet... (I'm not volunteering)
17:51:01BlameHofmannkugel: had a look through a couple, no sign of any %m tags with empty values... i'm just gonna roll back to a previous build - this is far too much of a headache lol
17:51:30kugelBlameHofmann: I meant the old %pb tag with empty or va
17:51:35PaulJamkugel: album art in tagcache would be a bad idea if you have load to ram enabled
17:51:36kugelfaulty values
17:51:50LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay: What, the Pictureflow bug?
17:51:55kugelPaulJam: Yea, at least the path to the art
17:52:03MarcGuayLambdaCalculus37: Yep.
17:52:04BlameHofmannand fill those empty values with what? a hyphen?
17:52:24LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay: Let me check; I'll report back.
17:53:12kugelBlameHofmann: I've had several %pb|file.bmp|3|12|150|height| after conversion. the "height" will fail, so insert a -""
17:53:14LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay: There's two Pictureflow bugs reported; see FS #8306 and FS #8927.
17:53:24LambdaCalculus37However, neither one refer to the bug we're talking about.
17:54:09BlameHofmannkugel: restarting again...
17:54:47LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay: I say it's high time to open a bug report. Wouldn't you agree? :)
17:56:14MarcGuayLambdaCalculus37: To quote myself, "I'm not volunteering." ;)
17:56:37LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay: Guess I walked myself right into this one. ;)
17:56:45*LambdaCalculus37 goes to report the bug on Flyspray
17:57:00 Quit scorche (Nick collision from services.)
17:57:51 Join scorche [0] (i=Blah@rockbox/administrator/scorche)
17:58:11BlameHofmannkugel: it's not made a difference - thanks a lot for all your help though
17:58:57kugelBlameHofmann: post a wps that is not working to, I'm sure I can help you
17:59:02LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay: What would be a good description of the bug? "Album Art Display Oddities in Pictureflow Plugin"?
17:59:20kugelBlameHofmann: falling back to an older build is something i highly NOT recommend :)
17:59:23PaulJamBlameHofmann: "no sign of any %m tags with empty values..." does that mean that you still have tags inthe form %m|123| in your .wps files?
17:59:41kugelLambdaCalculus37: Do "pictureflow is a bug" :D
18:00:10MarcGuayLambdaCalculus37: Album art displayed for album's with no art? kugel: Funny. :)
18:00:47MarcGuayLambdaCalculus37: You might want to do some testing with it first to find out exactly what's going on.
18:00:56kugelI wonder if Slasheri is keen on having the path to the album art in the tagcache
18:01:02MarcGuayLambdaCalculus37: Or narrow it down a bit, at least.
18:01:15 Quit fdinel (
18:01:15 Quit dabujo (
18:01:15 Quit Rob2223 (
18:01:15 Quit enteruse1name (
18:01:15 Quit grndslm (
18:01:15 Quit cpbills (
18:01:15 Quit |Marco| (
18:01:15 Quit dionoea (
18:02:34LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay: I've noticed the issue for quite a while, now. pixelma had given me a very good suggestion some time ago that I could delete the "pictureflow" folder from .rockbox/rocks/demos whenever I wanted to rebuild the pf database.
18:02:43LambdaCalculus37However, that's just a workaround for now.
18:03:33NJoindabujo [0] (
18:03:51kugelBlameHofmann: The %m tag is removed
18:04:05kugelBlameHofmann: it's in the wps you pasted
18:04:30pixelmaLambdaCalculus37: maybe something like "Pictureflow doesn't seem to refresh it's cache properly" (at least that's what the option is called in the plugin itself
18:04:31kugelYou'll need to create viewports for those tags to still have their right margin
18:04:52BlameHofmannkugel: on lines 55 and 58?
18:04:53kugel%m|0| makes no sense at all anyway
18:04:54pixelmaits too
18:05:05NJoinfdinel [0] (
18:05:05NJoinRob2223 [0] (
18:05:05NJoinenteruse1name [0] (
18:05:05NJoingrndslm [0] (
18:05:05NJoincpbills [0] (i=fool@
18:05:05NJoindionoea [0] (n=dionoea@videolan/developer/dionoea)
18:05:05NJoin|Marco| [0] (
18:05:07 Quit cpbills (Remote closed the connection)
18:05:17 Join cpbills_ [0] (
18:05:52*preglow dropkicks his d2 and walks away
18:06:35*LambdaCalculus37 rushes in and snatches preglow's D2, then runs
18:07:13PaulJamfunnily enough, this bug in pictureflow made me twice find small bugs in the file deletion screen (because i used to delete the pf dir before rebuilding).
18:07:22LambdaCalculus37Me too.
18:09:13BlameHofmannkugel: how do i 'create viewports'?
18:09:43 Quit nuonguy (Remote closed the connection)
18:10:00PaulJamBlameHofmann: the wps syntax is described haere:
18:10:12kugelBlameHofmann: using the %V tag, read more in the link posted above
18:10:24LambdaCalculus37MarcGuay and pixelma: FS #9135.
18:10:42LambdaCalculus37Feel free to comment.
18:11:34 Quit kugel (Remote closed the connection)
18:11:59 Join kugel [0] (n=chatzill@unaffiliated/kugel)
18:14:52 Join Nico_P [50] (n=nicolas@rockbox/developer/NicoP)
18:16:10 Join mcuelenaere [0] (n=mcuelena@rockbox/developer/mcuelenaere)
18:17:11LambdaCalculus37mcuelenaere: Can you hop into #rockbox-community? I think petur wants to ask you something.
18:17:24 Quit DaCapn ()
18:18:07 Quit fdinel (Connection timed out)
18:18:25Reemowow great
18:18:31ReemoViewports are exactly what i need
18:21:03*Nico_P managed to commit the fix to FS #8977 \o/
18:21:47PaulJamso the next build will be Rockbox 3.0 RC1 ?
18:22:56Nico_PPaulJam: hehe, maybe :)
18:24:01 Join Capsulk [0] (n=capsulk@
18:24:05 Part Capsulk
18:24:30 Join fdinel [0] (
18:28:05 Quit mcuelenaere (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
18:32:10BlameHofmannokay, with 'slant' managed to get the background and progressbar up onto the WPS, but all info is missing - i assume that i messed up the alignment or something - any ideas? :
18:33:09 Join mcuelenaere [0] (n=mcuelena@rockbox/developer/mcuelenaere)
18:34:12kugelBlameHofmann: what target are you using again?
18:35:04MarcGuayBlameHofmann: You still have %m tags on lines 47-52
18:35:11BlameHofmannipod 80
18:35:25***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
18:35:48PaulJamBlameHofmann: the WPS still contains %m tags (%m|117| and %m|11|) and i'm not sure if it is a good idea to have something else on the same line like the vierwport definition %V
18:36:16kugelBlameHofmann: delete those viewports you've created. %m|0| doesn't do anything, so you don't need to replace them by a viewport. You still need to take care of the other %m tags
18:38:30BlameHofmannI know that I need to make a viewport at 117 and have all that stuff inside it, but I have no idea how to do it. this code's just pickling my head.
18:39:09PaulJamBlameHofmann: and btw, the reason all other text disappears is, that if the wps contains viewports, then all text in the main viewport is disabled, so you have to put all text in viewports.
18:40:03MarcGuayBlameHofmann: Think of it like breaking the screen up into little sections.
18:40:05 Quit BlameHofmann ("CGI:IRC")
18:40:09 Join BlameHofmann [0] (n=4d61127f@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
18:42:09 Quit Genre9mp3 ()
18:45:44kugelBlameHofmann: The best would be you make 2 conditional viewports, one at x = 11, the other at x = 117, then you activate one of them depending on the album art
18:46:16 Nick jfc^2 is now known as jfc (
18:46:17 Quit BlameHofmann ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
18:46:41 Join miepchen^schlaf [0] (
18:47:55 Join Vilo [0] (
18:47:55 Quit vertic23 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
18:48:01 Join vertic23 [0] (
18:48:05 Quit mcuelenaere (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
18:48:20Vilosome one know if sansa 280 plays flac?
18:48:40PaulJamwith rockbox it does.
18:49:06Viloreally? and with out?
18:49:20kugelVilo: This channel is about rockbox
18:49:40Vilowhat is the off topic channel?
18:50:10markunAnd on some versions of the sansa you can't install rockbox.
18:50:21Viloi know...thanx!
18:50:36 Join DerDome [0] (
18:50:45fdinelfor off-topic: #rockbox-community
18:51:21Viloif i'm buying tommorow new sansa 280, it's version will be...?
18:51:44kugelVilo: most likely the incompatible one
18:51:58kugeli.e. v2
18:52:01Vilowhat do u meen incompatible one?
18:52:28Vilov2 won't work with rockbox?
18:52:41kugelVilo: Yes, as it's stated on the front page
18:53:23Vilowhen it will work with it?
18:53:36*kugel loves that question
18:54:30kugelVilo: it's done, when someone puts enough effort into a port, which is unlikely
18:55:47markunI wouldn't say it's unlikely, but just not predictable
18:56:00 Join mcuelenaere [0] (n=mcuelena@rockbox/developer/mcuelenaere)
18:56:18 Quit mcuelenaere (Client Quit)
18:56:56Vilowell in life u have all the time get updata, so rockbox, don't have a good futher if u think like that..
18:57:23kugelmarkun: when I compare the number of daps available and the number of ones on which rockbox runs, I'd say unlikely :)
18:57:45markundigital audio players
18:58:11Vilookk thanx
18:58:12 Join BigBambi [0] (n=Alex@rockbox/staff/BigBambi)
18:58:16PaulJamkugel: i think there was already some progress on the port to the v2 sansas
18:58:29kugelVilo: read through the new ports forum to stay up-to-date
18:58:38markunVilo: anyway, here's a discussion about it
19:02:04Vilothank u all
19:02:19 Part Vilo
19:04:32 Quit davina (Remote closed the connection)
19:07:13 Join SETH_HIKARU [0] (
19:07:30 Join funman [0] (
19:07:53 Quit miepchen^schlaf ()
19:08:22SETH_HIKARUso anything new on the latest rockbox build
19:08:31BigBambiSETH_HIKARU: you can read the commit logs
19:08:42SETH_HIKARUum where is thaT AT
19:08:49SETH_HIKARUsorry hit the caps key
19:09:10funmanI'm making progress wrt understanding how my device work
19:09:17funmanbut atm it is still bricked :/
19:09:19dionoeayou can start by reading (and then the svn log that's on the front page)
19:09:23dionoeaSETH_HIKARU: ^
19:09:30funmandionoea: \o
19:09:36dionoeafunman: o/
19:09:36SETH_HIKARUthanks ^_^
19:09:58dionoeafunman: are you going to buy a rockboxable DAP?
19:10:06funmanI already have one
19:10:16funmanbut it need big emphasis on the "able"
19:11:10SETH_HIKARUwhere do i get a midi library for the midi player
19:11:26SETH_HIKARUipod video 5.5g
19:11:28 Join miepchen^schlaf [0] (
19:11:54funmandoes this file type look like object code ?
19:12:17scorche|shSETH_HIKARU: hush
19:12:29SETH_HIKARUjust answer my question
19:12:39dionoeayou forgot the "please"
19:12:39scorche|shlook on the wiki
19:12:40BigBambiSETH_HIKARU: No
19:12:46BigBambiSETH_HIKARU: Sort out your attitude
19:12:57BigBambiSETH_HIKARU: Like you are told *every* single time you come in here
19:15:08SETH_HIKARUim ruuning the rockbox build June 17, 2008 and its on iPod video 5.5G: where can i find a midi library for the midi player and what does the plugin "dict" do?
19:15:39scorche|shSETH_HIKARU: last
19:15:42funmanhm i've got a firmware for the same cpu but for a different device
19:15:45markunSETH_HIKARU: just check the manual or the wiki (like I would have to do)
19:15:51funmanI really shouldn't have thrown that CDROM
19:16:06scorche|shSETH_HIKARU: the next time is a ban
19:16:44funman < i've got this one
19:17:05SETH_HIKARUya i would not recomend doing that because i just got banned for sitting idle in a channel and there was no rule that said i couldnt
19:17:26markunSETH_HIKARU: here it's no problem to sit idle
19:17:34SETH_HIKARUthanks god
19:17:35BigBambiSETH_HIKARU: I can't believe I'm actually typing this to you again - go and read the channel rules
19:17:41markunas you can see from the number of people not talking :)
19:26:16 Part SETH_HIKARU ("Leaving")
19:29:01 Join gregzx [0] (
19:31:28 Quit MethoS_ (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
19:31:51Mode"#rockbox +o scorche|sh " by ChanServ (ChanServ@services.)
19:36:13Mode"#rockbox +b *!* " by scorche|sh (n=scorche@rockbox/administrator/scorche)
19:36:25Mode"#rockbox -o scorche|sh " by ChanServ (ChanServ@services.)
19:51:56 Join Horscht [0] (n=Horscht@xbmc/user/horscht)
19:52:13 Join moos [0] (
19:53:31 Join obo [0] (n=obo@rockbox/developer/obo)
19:57:12 Quit t0mas (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
20:06:26 Quit perrikwp (" ajax IRC Client")
20:10:30 Quit stoffel ("Lost terminal")
20:11:17 Join midgey [0] (
20:11:42 Join perrikwp [0] (i=4aa794a0@gateway/web/ajax/
20:12:33 Join ompaul [0] (n=ompaul@gnewsense/friend/ompaul)
20:14:15 Quit funman ("leaving")
20:14:24 Join roolku [0] (i=roolku@
20:14:48Nico_Pthere are still 3 tasks listed under "3.0" in what's the status on those?
20:15:57 Quit gregzx ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0/2008052906]")
20:16:31 Join nuonguy [0] (
20:16:35PaulJami think the bootloader issues were decided to be not blocking a release.
20:18:47LambdaCalculus37Wasn't there a plan to release new bootloaders for the H100 and H300 as well?
20:21:16 Quit Zagor ("Leaving")
20:23:05peturLambdaCalculus37: Linus got as far as finding the exact commit that broke the h300 bootloader for me (note: it was his commit). Once that is done I think new bootloaders will be included for 3.0
20:24:14*gevaerts sees that the wavplay plugin will be gone in release 3.1
20:28:18LambdaCalculus37petur: Can't wait to see them. ;)
20:30:21 Join stoffel [0] (
20:32:31 Quit J-23 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
20:32:55Nico_PPaulJam: thanks for the link
20:34:20gevaertsSeriously though, shouldn't "It is planned to have Wavplay as part of the normal playback engine in Rockbox version 3.1" be reworded to avoid mentioning a specific release ?
20:34:27Nico_Pwhat's the desired timeframe for the release? (petur, gevaerts?)
20:34:48gevaertsNico_P: "soon".
20:35:07*gevaerts likes being helpful
20:35:26***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
20:35:42*Nico_P intends to try fixing FS #8964 next
20:35:49Nico_P(to pelase bertrik)
20:37:55gevaertsAs far as I see it the todo list has (a) volunteering a release coordinator, (b) go through the tracker and prioritize/close bugs, (c) spend a week fixing as many of those bugs as we can, (d) decide which players get the "supported in 3.0" stamp, and (e) release
20:38:44gevaertsBut just in case I remember things wrongly, you'd better listen to the first 55 minutes of the meeting ;)
20:38:48 Join Vorador [0] (n=tomas@
20:38:51soapWhat will "supported" /mean/?
20:39:00peturyeah, the tracker cleanup week has to come first
20:39:02gevaertsActually _have_ a 3.0 release
20:39:08soap(or do I need to listen to the meeting?)
20:39:36gevaertsOf course you do. Everyone has to do that!
20:40:03soapwas it recorded on a Rockbox machine?
20:40:12*gevaerts points to petur
20:41:10PaulJammaybe it's a little bit early to ask that, but will there be some sort of more detailed summary of the results of the meetings during devcon?
20:41:25 Join Zagor [242] (
20:41:56domonokysoap: yes a frehsly rockboxed h120 or h320 dont know for sure...
20:42:02petursoap: saturday was recorded with my h380, sunday with my h308 (h320 modded with an 8GB CF)
20:42:12Nico_PPaulJam: Zagor intends to do one IIRC (that's what's written on the current devcon page)
20:42:15gevaertsPaulJam: "(Quick summary by Björn, proper notes coming later) " seems to indicate that
20:42:49soapbinaural mikes?
20:42:52PaulJamoh, i overread that, thanks.
20:43:04peturthe first 20 minutes on saturday were done using internal mic as I forgot to switch to line-in after debugging a peakmeter issue
20:43:12petursoap: omni's
20:43:20 Join neddy [0] (n=john@nat/sun/x-f27f37c812342814)
20:43:35peturand an st-9100 mic-amp from church audio
20:43:53peturbut the mics are not very sensitive so the gain was pretty much at max
20:44:28*petur hasn't properly listened to those recordings yet
20:44:48gevaertssoap: actuallu, if you'd even started listening to the recordings you'd know about the mics ;)
20:44:57 Quit ompaul (Client Quit)
20:45:33Zagora few people took paper notes, I'm hoping they will put them in twiki
20:45:47peturgevaerts: you mean the part where I claim I'm recording with proper mics and actually was using internal mic? ;)
20:46:44gevaertspetur: that bit, yes :)
20:46:58*petur walks off for a bit
20:47:15 Join J-23 [0] (
20:48:49 Join Thundercloud_ [0] (
20:50:02 Quit miepchen^schlaf ()
20:51:05 Join fml [0] (n=4fd3d087@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
20:51:53fmlPaulJam: I've found the patch for the study mode in WPS. It is FS #8965. I made it that's why I knew about it :-)
20:52:15Zagorpixelma, amiconn: I hope the coke incident hasn't caused you trouble
20:53:08pixelmaonly amiconn can tell
20:54:06PaulJamfml: i must admit that i'm currently not really sure why you're telling me this. can you give me a hint?
20:55:17LambdaCalculus37Zagor: What happened with the coke incident? Did you open a highly pressurized Coke bottle?
20:55:45gevaertsLambdaCalculus37: he tried to prove that banning coke from planes is actually sensible ;)
20:55:55scorche|shLambdaCalculus37: was in the freezer for a while
20:56:15LambdaCalculus37Hahaha! :D
20:56:17ZagorLambdaCalculus37: in short, yes. it erupted very violently :-(
20:56:31LambdaCalculus37Anyone get a movie of it?
20:56:40scorche|sh...and sprayed up onto the ceiling
20:56:52*LambdaCalculus37 thinks that could be a funny movie for Mpegplayer testing :)
20:57:35gevaertsIs the manual expected to build these days ?
20:58:40Zagorit would have been very funny, if it hadn't caused stains on the walls, ceilings and carpet in the office of the company that hosted us for free. it's not a very nice "thank you".
21:00:21wpyhI've read the small summary page:
21:00:30pixelmagevaerts: looking at it looks like it's a bit broken
21:00:44wpyhI think it would be better if each decision item has an explanation / detailed description
21:00:45gevaertspixelma: indeed. It seems that md5sum.tex is missing
21:01:24gevaertsMarcGuay: you broke the manual with r17887 ;)
21:01:28LambdaCalculus37wpyh: I think that's what everyone's planning. ;)
21:01:31scorche|shthe ceiling contained the only really apparent stains
21:01:36pixelmaah yes, MarcGuay maybe forgot "svn add" the file?
21:01:44 Join miepchen^schlaf [0] (
21:01:52gevaertsI guess so, yes
21:01:52scorche|shwpyh: well, it is a small summary as you said....
21:02:02wpyhthen I'll wait :)
21:02:14*wpyh hopes it will go into the wiki instead of being a static page
21:02:24scorche| will
21:02:29gevaertswpyh: actually, the recordings are there, so you could write out the detailled minutes...
21:02:31fmlPaulJam: didn't we talk about the feature? Or was it Marc_Guay? The feature is now in the manual but is not testable/displayable in the WPS.
21:02:31scorche|shlike all the other devcon
21:03:18Zagorbtw I had grabbed the .flv files from ustreamtv, in case they ever stop hosting them
21:03:22 Quit Thundercloud__ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
21:03:23ZagorI have, even
21:03:33wpyhgevaerts: you mean listening to the mp3?
21:03:46gevaertswpyh: yes
21:03:58MarcGuaypixelma, gevaerts: I was just riding the bus back from downtown and thought "oh shit, I forgot to set the parameters on those new plugin files!" Pardon the error.
21:04:35wpyhseems like a time-consuming task... I won't volunteer, but maybe I'll do a bit here and there :)
21:04:58pixelmaMarcGuay: well the parameters are not important as long as the file is not there, but I guess you figured it out ;)
21:05:00PaulJamfml: it wasn't me you were discussing this with (or i have serious issues with my memory).
21:05:22 Quit roolku (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
21:05:25 Join shotofadds [0] (n=rob@rockbox/developer/shotofadds)
21:05:58*shotofadds wonders what would make preglow drop-kick a d2...
21:06:01MarcGuayfml: You mentionned something quickly to me because I updated the manual but I'm not interested in working on adding that feature to the WPS. Maybe talk to Mr. Gordon...
21:06:40gevaertsmain.tex has \opt{HAVE_BACKLIGHT}{\input{plugins/lamp.tex}}
21:07:06gevaertsIs that actually valid ? Shouldn't that be a proper feature in features.txt ?
21:08:37 Join ZincAlloy [0] (n=d9eefc40@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
21:11:08pixelmagevaerts: if I remember correctly that's not in features.txt. Reason for it is that the Ondios are currently the only targets without backlight but they can be modded to have one (e.g. mine is) and if you exclude it for the language file it's an additional hassle for people with modded builds (same thing why the settings related to RTC are also included for H100 in the language files)
21:11:41 Join pal1140 [0] (n=mike@
21:11:49gevaertsThat makes sense (I think...)
21:11:50 Join Murray_ [0] (
21:12:15 Quit Murray_ (Client Quit)
21:12:16 Join bluebrother [0] (n=Dom@rockbox/staff/bluebrother)
21:12:28pal1140Hello! help me please :) I have rockbox successfully installed on my sansa e260, however if I skip tracks too quickly I get a high pitched beep that doesn't go away unless I restart the player
21:12:41pal1140is there something I can do about this? or is it a bug! thanks in advance!
21:13:02pixelmagevaerts: just remembered that it's done differently there (there is actually a feature "rtc" and the language strings are "enabled" using "rtc,h100: blah blah". Maybe that's because it was a later addition than the langv2 overhaul that introduced this language system
21:13:09MarcGuaypal1140: Sounds like an old bug. You're using crossfade? What revision number (System->Rockbox Info)?
21:13:18pal1140one sec marc
21:13:23bluebrotherdomonoky: just fixed a serious detection flaw in ipodpatcher / sansapatcher
21:13:42bluebrotherso IMO we should consider making a new release soon
21:14:04pal1140okay r17522-080515
21:14:06pal1140that's the version
21:14:16LambdaCalculus37That's quite old.
21:14:16domonokyyup, i also have now the mac builds up and running..
21:14:45MarcGuaypal1140: Update to the current build and see if it's still there. Quite sure it's been fixed, though.
21:14:46gevaertspixelma: I don't understand how \opt{} works, so I think I'll let that be now
21:14:54pal1140okay thanks both of you! I will do that!
21:14:59bluebrotherbtw, I noticed the new makefile rule you added. What about the script barrywardell (?) added a while ago?
21:15:13 Quit Arathis ("Bye, bye")
21:15:36fmlMarcGuay: the patch already does it. It's a patch and not a feature request. Where is the 'feature request' link (left side bar) btw.?
21:15:48bluebrotherfml, it has been removed ;-)
21:16:03bluebrotherZagor: you're aware that the wiki preview looks weird?
21:16:45MarcGuaybluebrother: There's a WikiWeirdness page with a list of new funness... Links off the main wiki page..
21:17:03domonokybluebrother: oh, i didnt know it existed, maybe we should use this (it does more hich may be needed) ..
21:17:06MarcGuayfml: Ah, didn't realize it was a patch, I'll take a look later.
21:17:24bluebrotherdomonoky: I think that was the reason it got added ;-)
21:18:02pal1140oh, any idea what the current version is?
21:18:36bluebrotherMarcGuay: for some reason I can't find that page. Is it in the Main namespace?
21:19:07pal1140thanks! I'll check it out
21:19:32*wpyh wonders since when WikiIssues became WikiWeirdness...
21:19:36pixelmabluebrother: WikiIssues it's called, see the red line at the top of the twiki home
21:19:47MarcGuaywpyh: I was just kidding...
21:19:55*wpyh didn't get the joke
21:20:01*MarcGuay isn't very funny.
21:20:20bluebrotherah −− thanks. Searching for "wiki weirdness" didn't work which isn't surprising in that case ;-)
21:20:44*wpyh wonders who is the original author of the bubbles plugin
21:20:55MarcGuaySorry about that, if you'd seen my face when I typed it I'm sure it would have been clear. VideoIRC is the future/
21:21:43domonokybluebrother: hm, i built Qt statically, and the osx-deploy script expects it as framework... so i think i have todo the qt building again.. :-)
21:22:12Zagorbluebrother: yes I am, I'm going to work with that now. it's a template problem: the templates we use for our "rockbox" skin is apparently not completely compatible with the new twiki version. but there are no error messages so it's not so easy to track down.
21:22:16bluebrotherit isn't your machine anyway, right? ;-)
21:22:30midgeywpyh: I think that was Rotator
21:22:42*bluebrother suggests svn blame :)
21:22:54wpyhI've never seen him on IRC
21:22:54domonokybluebrother: yes, its JdGordons machine.. but building Qt takes a long time..
21:23:03bluebrotherZagor: ok. Not too nice but at least it's functional at all.
21:23:29fmlMarcGuay: many kudos for your work on the manual!
21:25:01oboMarcGuay: "svn: executable"? :)
21:25:33MarcGuayfml: Thanks. obo: Say what?
21:26:03 Join n1s [0] (n=nils@rockbox/developer/n1s)
21:26:10MarcGuayfml: I just remembered there was mention at the DevCon of removing/renaming study mode, so maybe that patch should wait until it's sorted out.
21:26:25MarcGuayobo: Tell me I didn't screw something else up..:)
21:26:35oboyou've set the "svn: executable" property on the md5sum.tex file, which is a bit odd for a text file
21:26:58n1swow lots of great stuff done at the devcon and in general over the last few weeks, great going people :)
21:27:20bluebrotherthe discussion about study mode was one of the reasons why I didn't want the manual part of it committed (otherwise I'd have considered it quite a while ago)
21:28:14MarcGuayobo: It means execute as in "kill". :) I just wrote the "Date Id Author Revision" business from UsingSVN... Hmm.
21:30:04MarcGuaybluebrother: I guess it could be seen as work for no reason but it's still nice when the manuals match the current builds.
21:30:05kugelRegarding the sansa/ipodpatcher commit, when will new version be available for download? The commit possibly fixes the issue for one person in another forum, who's not able to get his sansa recognized by his PC (he also tried PCs of friends)
21:30:41MarcGuaybluebrother: It makes me feel a lot better about saying, and hearing others say, RTFM.
21:30:53pixelmamainly Llorean's idea was to combine the current "study mode" option with a "study increment" setting into a "Skip length" setting that contains a default "track" and certain time values to set
21:31:07bluebrotherMarcGuay: I agree. But if it's going to be replaced it could also cause confusion −− like "where did option X go?"
21:31:20*gevaerts thinks that people should really LTFR
21:31:36bluebrotherI really like Lloreans idea. Sounds much cleaner to me.
21:31:51bluebrotherpixelma: what's "study increment"? ;-)
21:31:52pixelmame too
21:32:21MarcGuaybluebrother: That confusion will happen when the option changes as well, the manual will at least, if it's changed with it, remain correct.
21:32:25bluebrotherkugel: have a link to that thread? New binaries will be available once we consider it stable enough to release.
21:32:28pixelmabluebrother: a string I can't translate into German and holds me back from updating the language file ;\
21:32:30bluebrotherwhich should be rather soon.
21:33:31bluebrotherMarcGuay: true, but it at least *could* be somewhat smaller. Anyway, no need to argue about it −− it's in the manual now and will most likely get changed soon anyway
21:33:56*bluebrother wonders if pixelma would be interested in updating rbutil's german translation
21:34:40 Quit MarcGuay ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox]")
21:34:55Nico_Pbluebrother: does the french translation need work?
21:35:06*pixelma hopes there is no "study increment" which might mean she needs to study rbutil before...
21:35:12bluebrotherNico_P: I bet it's gotten outdated.
21:35:42Nico_PI'll try to spend a bit of time on it then
21:35:42LambdaCalculus37bluebrother: I can do a Spanish translation for RBUtil.
21:36:00bluebrotherNico_P: 155 untranslated strings according to lrelease
21:36:27bluebrotherLambdaCalculus37: great. RockboxUtilityDevelopment has a description on how to do
21:36:57LambdaCalculus37bluebrother: Yes, sir! :)
21:37:17*bluebrother likes getting more translations for rbutil
21:37:35LambdaCalculus37As long as my "Cuban Spanish" doesn't get in the way, that is. ;)
21:38:22bluebrotherwell, as I don't speak spain I won't notice :)
21:38:27kugelbluebrother: (3rd post on that page, sansa-rockbox-fan has the problem)
21:39:38bluebrotherkugel: that problem didn't occur when using sansapatcher. The reason for it being problematic was that autodetection in rbutil scanned for ipods first.
21:40:03kugelbluebrother: ah, then I got it wrong. thanks
21:40:03bluebrotheripodpatcher tried to open all available discs but only closed the disc handles for the disc it had success.
21:40:21bluebrotherso all other discs were locked, and sansapatcher got an access denied error
21:40:41bluebrotherI was quite puzzled when I found that first as I got a permission denied for drive C: ...
21:42:04kugelahh ok
21:43:12 Join bluebroth3r [0] (
21:43:30 Quit bluebrother (Nick collision from services.)
21:43:33 Nick bluebroth3r is now known as bluebrother (n=Dom@rockbox/staff/bluebrother)
21:45:30 Join MarcGuay [0] (
21:45:30bluebrotherkugel: I'm somewhat surprised why those guys don't try rbutil. Even if they want to install an unsupported build later it would be good to get it up and runnig first.
21:46:29kugelbluebrother: that's a point. But rbutil can't be more succesful than sansapatcher alone, can it?
21:46:29 Quit fml ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
21:46:40 Quit pal1140 ("Leaving")
21:46:52bluebrotheralso, that guy could have issues with the cable / a usb hub. Such issues have been around before (and it's somewhat more problematic with the bootloader)
21:47:10PaulJambluebrother: that "tutorial" seems to be quite outdated, it doesn't even mention RBUtil (nor does it link to the officioal installation isństructions)
21:47:16*gevaerts wonders if manual updates for plugins without a screenshot are frowned upon
21:47:33bluebrotherkugel: well, it has two advantages: 1) it does unzip the build to the correct location in the first place, and 2) it can detect a sansa v2 by USB ID.
21:47:59kugelhow does sansapatcher detect it?
21:48:05n1sgevaerts: not at all
21:48:14kugelI'm tempted to edit the tutorial
21:48:58bluebrothersansapatcher identifies the sansa by its disc contents. But as we have USB detection in rbutil ... ;-)
21:49:31bluebrotherat least mentioning rbutil in the tutorial might be really helpful for some guys. The german translation is a bit outdated, but ...
21:49:52bluebrotherone could now even create a rbutil-based tutorial using screenshots
21:50:52markunwho has the power to add a "feature discussion" (or something) section to the forums?
21:51:58gevaertsmarkun: I'd guess the Administrators : Zagor, LinusN, Llorean and scorche
21:52:36markunprobably. And I guess we need Zagor to remove the feature requests from Flyspray
21:53:04kugelbluebrother: I just PM'd the thread starter, lets see how lucky I am (since if he's not gonna do it, I'll do it)
21:53:22ZagorI'll leave the forum section to the forum regulars. flyspray has already been slightly changed. (section hidden)
21:54:38kugelbluebrother: Anyway, do you have an idea why it's not working for this guy? When you say sansapatcher detects the sansa by the content, I assume the guy is missing 1 (or more) files?
21:55:46 Join _vertic23 [0] (
21:55:47markunZagor: ah thanks. I see it's removed from the website as well.
21:55:51bluebrotherthose "files" are in fact on the system partition, so if that's messed up it's likely the system itself is messed up
21:56:14bluebrothermaybe putting an OF firmware file and upgrading could help
21:56:35kugelbluebrother: he has firmware 1.02.24E installed. Maybe it changed something on the firmware partition?
21:57:26kugelthe last OF version I can sure say "sansapatcher works with" is 1.02.18
21:58:06bluebrotherI have 1.02.20P. Works fine
21:58:46 Quit vertic23 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
21:58:48 Quit _vertic23 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
21:58:49bluebrotherand as there is guide on how to disable the database refresh, which includes downgrading the OF from 1.03.xx I think it's safe to assume 1.03.xx is working too
21:58:57 Join vertic23 [0] (
21:59:14 Quit LambdaCalculus37 (" ajax IRC Client")
22:00:08gevaertsI'm trying to add rockblox1d to the manual, and I seem to remember that had a description. Does anyone know of a way to get at that info, or (switches to whispering) how long it is going to be down ?
22:00:14*gevaerts hides to be sure
22:01:14 Join Bagder [241] (n=daniel@rockbox/developer/bagder)
22:01:26bluebrothergevaerts: check or google's cache
22:01:33 Join gregzx [0] (
22:02:01MarcGuaygevaerts: Please read the channel topic. :)
22:02:52gevaertsbluebrother: thanks. I hadn't thought of
22:02:57n1sgevaerts: maybe is worth checking out
22:03:34n1smeh, no description...
22:03:45 Join _vertic23 [0] (
22:04:47 Quit vertic23 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
22:05:25 Part J-23
22:05:27 Join Arathis [0] (
22:07:09Reemohey guys
22:07:24Reemojust noticed ID3 Track Number isnt casted to an Int
22:07:42 Join vertic23 [0] (
22:08:44PaulJamarent tracknumbers like "5/13" valid too?
22:08:57bluebrotherthey are −− for ID3v2.
22:10:51Reemohmm there should be a way to beautify that
22:11:30Reemoe.g. exploding the id3 #TRCK at /, dividing it to track-number and album-total
22:11:52bluebrotherdoesn't the database do something like that for sorting by track number?
22:11:56Reemojust looks crap if you have a layout ala [%in/%pe] and suddendly display shows [1/12/31]
22:12:11ReemoDont know, if so, it would be useful in WPS too
22:14:16PaulJamyou could use %pp/%pe
22:14:59Reemocomplicated topic
22:15:02Reemoit depends on mode
22:15:04PaulJamor fix your tags
22:15:07markunquestion about the language files: should they have a rockbox header and copyright notice?
22:15:19ReemoIf i listen to an album, i want to see the track number and the total num
22:15:39Reemototal num of tracks usually fits, wether you access via database or file structur (as long as you sort by albums)
22:15:53Reemobut if i listen to a custom playlist i want to have %pp as well as %pe
22:18:10 Quit vertic23 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
22:18:18 Join vertic23 [0] (
22:18:44 Quit Lambduh (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
22:19:25*n1s finally finished his plugin and posted it to the tracker :)
22:21:04 Quit faemir (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
22:21:26 Join Lambduh [0] (n=Lambda@
22:23:12Reemoam i right, rWPS are for remote displays? ^^
22:23:24MarcGuayReemo: Yes.
22:24:15 Join t0mas [0] (n=tomas@rockbox/developer/t0mas)
22:24:36 Quit ZincAlloy ("CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)")
22:25:26 Quit _vertic23 (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
22:27:01 Join hannesd [0] (
22:29:04PaulJamn1s: looks like you haven't added it to CATEGORIES
22:30:08 Quit Vorador ("Ex-Chat")
22:30:36MarcGuayInteresting, thanks petur.
22:32:16 Quit Zbuben (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
22:33:09 Join Makuseru [0] (
22:35:30***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
22:41:04 Join MethoS- [0] (
22:42:04 Join faemir [0] (
22:48:36 Join LinusNF [0] (
22:49:15 Quit LinusNF (Client Quit)
22:49:20 Join LinusN [0] (n=linus@rockbox/developer/LinusN)
22:51:30PaulJamis there a playback bug known, that occurs after rewinding and results in either the end of the file being skipped or playback hanging in a loop of really loud horrible noise? (the part with the noise is somehing i still have to verify with the official build)
22:51:30Nico_Pbluebrother: here?
22:52:06Nico_PPaulJam: that sounds a lot like FS#_ç77
22:52:15Nico_Poops... FS #8977
22:52:34PaulJamthanks, i'll look at that
22:52:42 Quit Arathis ("Bye, bye")
22:53:01Nico_PI fixed it today
22:53:13bluebrotherNico_P: sorry, phone
22:53:42Nico_Pbluebrother: is there a description of the translation procedure somewhere?
22:53:54PaulJamNico_P: then it might be something different, i just downloaded the build.
22:55:23Nico_PPaulJam: if you manage to reproduce the issue, yell at me ;)
22:56:08 Join davina [0] (
22:57:03preglowshotofadds: any idea what timers we'll need?
22:57:17preglowshotofadds: or which ones you have plans for anyway
23:00:35bluebrotherNico_P: check RockboxUtilityDevelopment
23:01:06Nico_Pthat page is currently trying to load :/
23:02:23 Quit t0mas ("Leaving")
23:02:35domonokyNico_P: basically its: "lupdate" "use qlinguist on the languages tm file, and "lrelease" to generate the outputfile..
23:06:58 Join ZincAlloy [0] (n=d9eefc40@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
23:07:28PaulJamNico_P: it seems to be quite reproducible here with the one track i tried: play the track until it rebuffers the second time, then revind to a position before rebuffering and let it play. after a while it just skips to the next track or results in noise. i'll try with some different tracks now to see if there are other requirements to reproduce.
23:07:50PaulJamand also in the uisim
23:09:13 Quit csc` ("10.23.07: Never forget")
23:09:22 Quit petur ("Zzzzz")
23:09:27PaulJami will open a FS task later
23:09:47Nico_Pthanks for investigating
23:09:55 Quit domonoky (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
23:10:52 Quit moos ("Rockbox rules the DAP world")
23:10:57 Quit gregzx ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0/2008052906]")
23:11:54 Join csc` [0] (n=csc@archlinux/user/csc)
23:14:12n1sPaulJam: ah, well spotted
23:17:22PaulJamhmm, to get output in the console after uncommenting the LOGF_ENABLE defines do i have to rerun configure?
23:17:30ZincAlloy#9130 might be a related issue
23:18:05Nico_PPaulJam: no need, just recompile
23:18:12Nico_P(if it's a sim build)
23:18:27PaulJamhaha, maybe it just helps when i edit the source tree that i'm actually compiling
23:19:41 Quit bertrik ("good night")
23:20:46*bluebrother returns
23:24:40 Quit n1s ()
23:25:52 Quit faemir (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
23:26:54 Quit stoffel ("leaving")
23:29:20*Nico_P can't install qt4-linguist for now
23:32:01 Quit xnyhps (Remote closed the connection)
23:35:21 Join Strife89 [0] (n=michael@
23:35:33 Quit SUSaiyan ()
23:37:35 Part Strife89
23:42:29 Join Zarggg [0] (
23:45:53pixelmawow... the German language translation for the Rockbox Utility looks messy. Many cases of "Deppenleerzeichen" and in the next sentence things are correctly written (i.e. very inconsistent).
23:46:01 Join faemir [0] (
23:46:44ZincAlloyOMG, please no Deppenleerzeichen!
23:47:33ZincAlloyAny cases of Deppenapostroph?
23:48:10pixelmayou meant Katastrophenapostroph? Haven't seen one...
23:48:58bluebrotherI know them as Deppenapostroph too
23:49:12shotofaddspreglow: i have no plans beyond what's already used. And I can't even remember which one we're using atm (and don't have my VM booted right now to check).
23:49:13 Quit hannesd (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
23:49:22shotofaddsI'll maybe have alook tomorrow when I'm more awake...
23:49:25 Quit faemir (Remote closed the connection)
23:49:33bluebrotherbut I agree that the german translation is really messy. Couldn't get bothered updating myself though
23:50:19pixelmadomonoky just committed some updates which are already quite an improvement but still room for some more
23:51:48preglowshotofadds: struggling to have sd cards send back data right now, but it's probably just something stupid again
23:52:06pregloweverything but data transfer seems to work, at least...
23:52:18 Join faemir [0] (
23:52:43preglowthe moment that works, i'll probably tie stuff up and commit something basic
23:53:10shotofaddssounds very promising. although "data transfer" is kinda important ;)
23:53:21ZincAlloyNever came across the term "Katastrophenapostroph".. sounds way better than "Deppenapostroph"..
23:53:27shotofaddsit'd be good to get the ata/sd/nand mess cleared up for now, at least
23:53:48*shotofadds wonders if anyone got a d2 to do anythign useful at devcon
23:54:12shotofaddsgah. I need to run :/
23:54:26preglowi have absolutely no idea what's wrong, the card says everything is ok, but nothing is received
23:54:30preglowhave fun
23:54:36MarcGuayAny updates on Seems to be rotting a bit...
23:56:07 Quit bluebrother ("time for sleep")
23:57:27 Quit jgarvey ("Leaving")

Previous day | Next day