Previous day | Jump to hour: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next day

Seconds: Show Hide | Joins: Show Hide | View raw
Font: Serif Sans-Serif Monospace | Size: Small Medium Large

Click in the nick column to highlight everything a person has said.
The Logo icon identifies that the person is a core developer (has commit access).

#rockbox log for 2009-05-13

00:01:02 Join XANA [0] (n=4cfc3579@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
00:01:04pixelmano, I just wanted to know how important it is that there is no setting on the Ondio then, so that nothing changes for the data connection
00:01:53 Join cmwslw [0] (
00:01:53JdGordon|i dont know that there isnt the setting...
00:02:02 Part cmwslw ("Ex-Chat")
00:02:14JdGordon|I'm more interested in an ok for the manual part of the diff....
00:02:25pixelmathat's how I understood you
00:03:04*pixelma is confused now
00:03:56 Join coney_ [0] (
00:04:29JdGordon|I'm wondering why there is a different between usb power and usb charging?
00:05:36 Quit coney (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
00:06:12XANAHey yall, i gots a question... I reecently erased all the data on my H10 20gb including the Origional firmware. How can I restore it so i can listen to some tunes+
00:08:05 Join scorche [50] (n=scorche@rockbox/administrator/scorche)
00:08:14evilnickCan you restore the OF?
00:08:21pixelmaJdGordon: I (mis?)understood that there might be a difference in whether the setting is present. That won't be a big deal if it defaults to data connection without holding a button but if the default is the other way round that could be a big change in how I get the data connection (and I wouldn't want that)
00:08:44pixelmaso I just wanted to know what the default is
00:08:51XANAi have NO idea how to restore H10 20gb Firmware.
00:09:40evilnickIt's probably better to ask at an iRiver forum/chatroom then
00:10:11 Quit coney_ (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
00:11:47 Join coney [0] (
00:12:27XANAHow do i do that???
00:13:49Lloreanpixelma: The default should be such that anyone used to existing behaviour won't even notice that it's changed, because the existing button they use will still appear to work in the same way
00:14:08 Quit mt ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.10/2009042316]")
00:14:09JdGordon|pixelma: right, if the setting doesnt exsist then the default will be the same as svn (so it connects to msc)
00:15:13pixelmaalright thought so, just wanted to make sure. I thought it is a bit more important if the setting doesn't even exist
00:15:27 Quit evilnick (" ajax IRC Client")
00:15:37XANAhey, i asked a question...
00:15:39LloreanWell, it seems like if the setting doesn't exist for Ondio, a reworded one that does the same thing should
00:16:09LloreanXANA: If you're looking for help with the original firmware, you should use Google to find out where you're supposed to ask questions about it
00:16:40pixelmaprobably. But that doesn't need to happen at the same time, I think
00:16:46 Quit bertrik ("Leaving")
00:17:58XANASo really... do you need any part of the origional FW to run rockbox
00:19:02LloreanXANA: Rockbox's installation tools are set up to work on a functioning player. If you've damaged its existing functionality, it may fail to install.
00:20:08 Quit BXCracer (Remote closed the connection)
00:20:19XANAMay fail?
00:20:35 Join spacetraveler [0] (
00:20:59LloreanThe requirements for each player are somewhat different, I don't know for yours. You can read the manual, and see if the "manual installation" method requires the OF or whether it is optional.
00:21:06LloreanOF means "original firmware"
00:22:01XANAWell, I have an H10, I will Check right now........
00:22:01pixelmaJdGordon: the manual part doesn't look wrong at a first glance (syntax wise, and the use of opt). I think it sounds weird a bit here and there, especially the first sentence which would read in the finished manual "When this is OFF..." :)
00:22:06JdGordon|why is "fad on stop" still default to yes? :'(
00:22:37JdGordon|pixelma: yeah, that was Llorean's wording.. i thought the same but too lazy to rework it :)
00:22:54LloreanJdGordon|: Fade on stop is the very first option I disable on a new install.
00:23:04*Llorean really likes the idea of a "First Install Wizard" still
00:23:12pixelmamaybe start with "If set to OFF.."?
00:23:48*pixelma also turns of "fade on stop"
00:23:51 Quit _lifeless (Remote closed the connection)
00:23:52pixelmaoff too
00:24:08 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
00:26:39XANADam. Iriver stoped providing the OF restore files. any help there?
00:27:21linuxstbXANA: Maybe
00:28:34XANAOk then. Where do I put this file?
00:28:43 Join BryanJacobs [0] (n=braujac@
00:29:16 Quit coney (Connection timed out)
00:29:25linuxstbBryanJacobs: Hi!
00:29:51linuxstbXANA: Sorry, I've no idea about the H10.
00:30:28XANAAnybody have a H10?!?!?!
00:31:43LloreanXANA: Since installing Rockbox is often about updating the original firmware with a modified version, again, the Rockbox manual's "manual install" section may help
00:33:09 Join coney [0] (
00:34:08 Quit joejc (Remote closed the connection)
00:35:19dfktwould it be possible to enable pan/balance on the x5 line-out, like the stock firmware?
00:35:48 Quit miepchen^schlaf ()
00:35:57dfkti'm quite imbalanced, hearing-wise, and in absolute need of pan/balance
00:36:51 Join dmb [0] (n=dmb@unaffiliated/dmb)
00:37:53 Quit coney (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
00:38:12BryanJacobslinuxstb: hello
00:38:26Lloreandfkt: There are balance settings in Rockbox, aren't there?
00:38:43dfktonly works for the headphone-out, not the line-out
00:39:14LloreanYou can't set balance on whatever it's line-into?
00:39:30dfktnope, it's aprotable amp
00:39:35dfkt*a portable
00:40:38dfktthe stock firmware supports pan over line-out, so i assume it's been disabled on purpose on rockbox?
00:41:04LloreanDoes "pan" mean something different than balance?
00:41:10dfktsame thing
00:41:20LloreanPlease try to use the Rockbox name for settings then, just to not confuse issues.
00:41:30 Nick fxb is now known as fxb__ (
00:41:47 Join scant [0] (
00:42:15LloreanGenerally though, we try to keep the line-out untouched by any of the in-hardware DSP effects we can prevent, but it gets the software DSP effects
00:43:41dfktwell yeah, EQ works, but balance doesn't... quite curious
00:44:05 Quit spacetraveler ("Ex-Chat")
00:44:07scantI'm using Rockbox 3.2 on a Sansa e260 and when connecting it via USB to a Windows XP computer, I get a driver 'Rockbox media player' dialog, but I can't find the driver on the website
00:44:09LloreanEQ is done in software, balance is probably done by the DAC
00:44:30Lloreanscant: There's not one. To use USB with 3.2, you need to reboot into the original firmware
00:44:56***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
00:45:30dfktLlorean, so is there any chance to implement balance over the line-out?
00:46:19pixelmathere is something interesting with the line-out on the X5 (or M5), it also has a fixed volume except when volume is set to mute. I'm not sure how it should be though
00:46:37Lloreandfkt: It may require implementing it in software, I don't know
00:46:49dfktyeah, it's either on or off.. i think that's fine for a line level signal
00:46:57 Join itcheg [0] (i=62db4767@gateway/web/ajax/
00:47:02dfktor, "fake" line level
00:47:30 Quit ender` (" Never trust a computer you can't throw out a window. -- Steve Wozniak")
00:47:52pixelmaI think it's fine too but was a bit surprised first (maybe because it's my only target with seperate line-out)
00:48:27dfktfunny enough, the stock firmware does not send the EQ/BBE settings to the line-out, but only the balance
00:48:43dfktopposite of rockbox
00:48:46scantLlorean: thanks
00:49:36scantI unplugged my Sansa e260 and plugged the USB cable back in, the screen faded, but now the screen is baclkight, but black and the Sansa won't turn off...
00:50:32scantnevermind, it turned off...
00:56:19 Quit robin0800 (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
00:57:00 Join CaptainKewl [0] (
01:00:17 Quit barrywardell (Remote closed the connection)
01:03:39 Quit AlexP ("No Ping reply in 90 seconds.")
01:04:25 Quit matsl (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
01:06:16 Quit XANA ("CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)")
01:07:02 Join AlexP [0] (n=alex@rockbox/staff/AlexP)
01:07:12 Quit Horscht ("Verlassend")
01:17:42 Quit mirak ("Ex-Chat")
01:18:23 Join coney [0] (
01:20:38saratogadfkt: we've got software balance in rockbox
01:20:54saratogai don't know why it wouldn't work on Line Out, that should make no difference
01:21:27 Quit _lifeless (Remote closed the connection)
01:21:43 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
01:24:24 Quit flydutch ("/* empty */")
01:24:26Lloreansaratoga: Is software balance used on the X5?
01:24:43LloreanAFAIK, any software DSP should apply universally because there's only the one PCM buffer?
01:24:57 Quit _lifeless (Remote closed the connection)
01:25:06 Quit JdGordon| (" ajax IRC Client")
01:25:13 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
01:25:17froggymandoes a mic work with the 5g video(for recording) through the 3.5mm jack?
01:26:06pixelmasaratoga: the setting definitely has no effect on my M5 and line-out, just tried - it is in the headphone
01:26:13 Quit Thundercloud (Remote closed the connection)
01:27:48 Join miepchen^schlaf [0] (
01:27:58saratogadatasheet says the line outs are wired to teh same output as the HPout except without the variable amp, so I guess its implemented by changing the volume on the channels
01:29:07pixelmawell, if the volume setting has no effect (except mute) that sounds like balance wouldn't work either
01:29:36saratogatheres a software balance as well [see channels_process_sound_chan_custom]
01:29:37*froggyman wonders if anyone will respond to mt question...
01:29:41pixelmaif it's not set in another way
01:30:16saratogawhat happens if you set the stereo width to custom?
01:31:11saratogahmm thats not the same
01:32:45pixelmachanging stereo width itself has an audible effect
01:33:06 Join joejc [0] (
01:33:10 Join miepchen^schla [0] (
01:33:57joejcim trying to install rockbox to my ipod but i keep getting errors
01:35:02Lloreanjoejc: What error?
01:35:04 Join miepchen^schl [0] (
01:35:15 Quit miepchen^schl (Remote closed the connection)
01:35:15 Quit miepchen^schla (Remote closed the connection)
01:35:15 Quit miepchen^schlaf (Remote closed the connection)
01:35:31joejcits telling me my ipod that i just formated for windows is a macpod
01:35:55LloreanDid you follow the instructions in our wiki, or did you just reformat the partition?
01:36:16LloreanThere's more to the conversion than just the data partition format
01:36:19joejcused my win box to restore
01:36:49 Join nibbler [0] (
01:37:10joejctunes says its formatted for windows
01:38:29froggymanjoejc: what ipod do you have?
01:38:45joejc20gb 4g
01:40:26joejcany ideas?
01:43:24 Quit StealthyXIIGer (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
01:43:53joejccould i do it manually or does the installer do the same thing?
01:44:28froggymanyeah, but you need to install a bootloader
01:46:41 Quit _lifeless (Remote closed the connection)
01:46:56 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
01:48:33saratogafor what its worth, balance is definately set in firmware/ via adjusting the headphone volume, which is why it doesn't work for the X5 lineout, and I don't see any obvious way to change it without adding to dsp.c
01:48:43saratogabut a dsp guru could say more then I
01:48:46dfktsaratoga, well, it simply doesn't work on my x5, running a week old build... but i would be very glad if it did
01:50:27 Quit _lifeless (Remote closed the connection)
01:50:37dfktoh, nevermind, just saw the nickalert, not the last line you posted
01:50:43 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
01:51:32 Nick jfc^3 is now known as jfc (
01:54:08 Join firedix [0] (n=firedix@
01:54:25 Join evilnick [0] (i=ad348c4b@gateway/web/ajax/
01:56:03 Join __lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
01:58:59pixelmajoejc: last time I looked, the manual also explained the installation with ipodpatcher (the "manual" way).
02:01:20 Part toffe82
02:04:38pixelmasaratoga: the Iaudio ports still have some incomplete things although basic functionality is well covered, charging is another such thing
02:05:40 Join dandin1 [0] (
02:07:27 Quit amiconn (Nick collision from services.)
02:07:28 Quit pixelma (Nick collision from services.)
02:07:28 Join pixelma_ [50] (n=pixelma@rockbox/staff/pixelma)
02:07:29 Join amiconn_ [50] (n=jens@rockbox/developer/amiconn)
02:07:48 Nick pixelma_ is now known as pixelma (n=pixelma@rockbox/staff/pixelma)
02:07:49 Nick amiconn_ is now known as amiconn (n=jens@rockbox/developer/amiconn)
02:09:06 Quit _lifeless (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
02:09:27 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
02:15:20pixelmajoejc: the Utility uses ipodpatcher internally but you could always try in case it is some bug in the Rockbox Utility
02:16:48 Quit __lifeless (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
02:17:00 Quit itcheg (" ajax IRC Client")
02:18:11 Join fdinel [0] (
02:19:08 Join z35 [0] (
02:22:37 Join itcheg [0] (i=62db4767@gateway/web/ajax/
02:24:50 Join simjoko [0] (
02:30:25 Quit simjoko ("When two people dream the same dream, it ceases to be an illusion. KVIrc 3.4.2 Shiny")
02:31:04 Quit joejc ("Leaving")
02:34:03 Quit itcheg (" ajax IRC Client")
02:34:22 Join cool_walking_ [0] (i=cb3b81c3@gateway/web/ajax/
02:39:09 Quit firedix (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
02:41:01 Join __lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
02:42:19 Join jmillikin [0] (
02:45:01***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
02:46:19Unhelpfulevilnick: to clarify, it is faster than using the scaler, but it is still slower than not having to scale at all. the huffman bitstream still needs to be fully decoded, with lots of bit-shifting and table lookup operations, and only the IDCT part of the decode actually gets significant gain. there's a pretty big gain going from 1x to 1/2, a smaller one going to 1/4, and even smaller going to 1/8. and it's always faster to decode a file
02:46:19Unhelpfulthat is *actually* half as small. where bigger might be better is if you always use the same size AA, and you pre-scale to a 2^N (N < 3) multiple of that size.
02:47:26Unhelpfulloading a 480x480 file as 240x240 is probably (i've not tested this specific case, but the scaler is pretty expensive) faster than loading, say, a 360x360 file as 240x240.
02:48:11 Join itcheg [0] (i=62db4767@gateway/web/ajax/
02:51:30 Quit __lifeless (Remote closed the connection)
02:51:43 Join __lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
02:55:04 Quit _lifeless (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
02:56:28 Join Froggyman_ [0] (n=47ba40e2@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
02:57:42evilnickUnhelpful: Thanks for the info :)
03:03:05 Join simjoko [0] (
03:06:31 Quit jmillikin (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
03:11:51 Part BryanJacobs ("Leaving.")
03:16:21 Quit thegeek (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
03:16:32 Join thegeek [0] (
03:35:34 Join firedix [0] (n=firedix@
03:39:09 Join Firenight [0] (
03:39:14Firenighthey everyone
03:41:33FirenightI put rockbox on on my ipod and for some reason there are 4 copys of every song on my ipod in the database
03:41:37Firenightany way to fix that
03:44:35Firenightor a way to reset my database so that when it searches for music it only finds 1 copy of the songs I put on there
03:45:20Froggyman_remove all music from itunes ans switch to a real media manager like media monkey?
03:46:01Firenighti would if I did not have over 40 gigs of music over two computers
03:46:51Firenightis there another way Or no
03:47:23evilnick's a setting in the Database Settings called Initialize Database (or similar) that you could try
03:49:55Firenightit says updating in background
03:50:44evilnickYes, it forces a refresh of all the files on your ipod, so it should eliminate the duplicates.
03:50:55 Quit dfkt ("-= SysReset 2.53=- Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.")
03:51:10 Join cmwslw [0] (
03:51:36Firenighthow long does it take
03:51:53 Part cmwslw ("Ex-Chat")
03:52:52evilnickIt depends how much music you have on there, I think the longest it's taken me (120GB) was about 4 or 5 minutes? (I haven't used the database in a long time on that player)
03:53:28 Quit nibbler (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
03:55:24 Quit itcheg (" ajax IRC Client")
04:01:31Firenightthank you
04:01:32 Quit Firenight ("Pull the pin and count to what?")
04:02:01 Join |newbie| [0] (
04:02:47 Quit firedix ("Ex-Chat")
04:12:14 Quit froggyman ("CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)")
04:16:24 Join itcheg [0] (i=62db4767@gateway/web/ajax/
04:20:21 Quit simjoko (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:20:36 Quit |newbie| ("When two people dream the same dream, it ceases to be an illusion. KVIrc 3.4.2 Shiny")
04:23:41 Quit dandin1 ()
04:25:21 Quit CaptainKewl ("( :: NoNameScript 4.02 :: )")
04:29:39Unhelpfulevilnick: you could *try* making the jpeg decoder yield a bit more, by moving the yield(); to the line right before '} /* for blkn */' in apps/recorder/jpeg_load.c
04:31:36 Join serendipity_ [0] (
04:33:17 Join tomers_ [0] (
04:33:17 Quit JdGordon ("Leaving.")
04:34:23 Quit serendipity_ (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
04:35:40 Join JdGordon [0] (
04:36:00 Join serendipity_ [0] (
04:38:08serendipity_I'm trying to install on a 5.5G iPod 30GB...
04:38:31 Quit Froggyman_ ("CGI:IRC")
04:38:39serendipity_and when I get to the part where I am supposed to use the iPod patcher, it returns the following errors:
04:38:40serendipity_[ERR] Firmware partition doesn't contain Apple copyright, aborting.
04:38:40serendipity_[ERR] FATAL: Permission denied on 1 device(s) and no ipod detected.
04:38:41DBUGEnqueued KICK serendipity_
04:38:41serendipity_[ERR] You need permissions for raw disc access for this program to work!
04:38:51serendipity_this is being done on a mac, btw
04:39:33Unhelpfulit sounds like you may be running the program with insufficient permissions. i'm not sure how to resolve that under macosx, though.
04:40:48serendipity_i don't thing that's it, as I tried running with Super User enabled via the Directory Utility
04:41:46serendipity_Are there any other mac users here who know what could be up, or if there's another way I'm supposed to increast my permissions?
04:42:15scantI'm new to the stock Sansa e260 and Rockbox firmware, can I delete everything off of the internal memory except for .rockbox directory?
04:43:07Unhelpfulserendipity_: "Permission denied" is pretty clear.
04:43:25Unhelpfulscant: i can't really see any reason to do so...
04:43:39 Quit JdGordon (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
04:45:05***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
04:46:00 Join JdGordon [0] (n=jonno@rockbox/developer/JdGordon)
04:48:24scantMy Sansa e260 has a MUSIC directory and I keep on clearing the hidden attribute, but the hidden attribute of the folder keeps on getting set
04:49:39Unhelpfulscant: the OF does that on startup. since rockbox supports USB on this device now, one solution would be not starting the OF :)
04:49:45 Quit tomers (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
04:51:02scantUnhelpful: ?
04:51:20scantUnhelpful: how do I transfer files to the internal memory w/o starting up the OF?
04:51:41cool_walking_Rockbox has it's own USB stack now in the "current build" versions.
04:51:56scantcool_walking_: not in 3.2 though?
04:52:54 Quit fdinel ("Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.")
04:57:01serendipity_oh i see what I did wrong, I had deleted everything from the ipod before trying to install stuff. This time, I did a software restore through iTunes, and left everything it installs right on there. I applied the fat32 pertition map, and installed the .rockbox and bootloader no problem!
04:57:13serendipity_[INFO] Bootloader installed successfully.
04:57:13serendipity_Press ENTER to exit ipodpatcher :
04:57:22CtcpIgnored 1 channel CTCP requests in 0 seconds at the last flood
04:57:22*serendipity_ is one happy camper
04:58:08martian67serendipity_, rockbox is much better than default firmware, minus video playback
04:58:17martian67you should be getting battery life
04:58:23martian67it is going to improve more aswell
05:01:47_Auron_ugh the G1 needs better video playback.. .3gp and .mp4 are quite limiting.
05:04:40scantcool_walking_: i installed the 'current build' Sansa e260 firmware, is USB support activated by default?
05:05:36cool_walking_Yes. But unless you also install a new bootloader, it will still go into the OF for USB if you turn it on by connecting the USB plug.
05:06:59scantcool_walking_: do I install the new bootloader via sansapatcher? where do I d/l the new bootloader?
05:07:48cool_walking_Yes, use sansapatcher with the bootloader from
05:08:55cool_walking_That page mentions anticipation of release with 3.2, however they were not released with 3.2 for reason/s I'm not aware of.
05:09:14scantOh, so that bootloader isn't installed by default with a Rockbox utility install of v3.2?
05:10:05scantcool_walking_: yikes, I'm kind of hessitant to update the bootloader, i don't want to brick ;-)
05:11:00 Join Traveler3 [0] (
05:11:59scantcool_walking_: is this correct? sansapatcher.exe −−update-ppbl PP5022.mi4
05:12:03Traveler3is there a write or append function to add a line to the end of a file?
05:12:29Unhelpfulscant: sansapatcher -a PP5022.mi4 just did the trick for me
05:12:45scantUnhelpful: cool, thanks
05:13:10scantdo I run that command with the USB cable attached and in Rockbox or OF?
05:13:53cool_walking_I'm a bit foggy on that point, but I don't think it matters if you're in the OF or Rockbox.
05:14:22Unhelpfulin rockbox will work if you're using a usb-enabled build. in OF should work if you have OF set to UMS rather than MTP mode
05:14:50scantI'll use OF to be safe...
05:14:54scantthanks for the info
05:15:34scantis there a way to see what version of the bootloader I'm using?
05:15:51 Quit serendipity_ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
05:17:58scantthe reason I ask is because, I installed Rockbox 3.2 for the 1st time today via Rockbox Utility, then just upgraded to the 'current build' and I connected the USB, and the drives came up w/o updating the bootloader to the version you guys pointed me to... so I'm wondering what version I"m using...
05:19:13cool_walking_Rockbox's USB works without the new bootloader. You only need the new bootloader so it will go into Rockbox instead of the OF when you connect the USB cable when it's turned off.
05:19:40cool_walking_I don't know how to check the bootloader version.
05:20:18scantcool_walking_: thanks a bunch for the clarification, i'm wondering if I should update the bootloader... it's still kind of scary...
05:20:48 Quit itcheg (" ajax IRC Client")
05:20:50Unhelpfulevilnick: file that flyspray bug report when you get a chance. i can't manage to reproduce the problem on my slowest target (e200). :/
05:22:49cool_walking_scant: Well if you don't want to risk it, don't. Personally, I would, but then I'm a bit stupid.
05:22:58scantcool_walking_: cool
05:23:32scantcool_walking_: what I'm wondering, is... thanks for pointing out the location of the new bootloader, but how do I know when the bootloader is updated???
05:24:11cool_walking_I expect it will be noted on the front page when it gets a proper release.
05:24:11Unhelpfulscant: turn it off and plug in USB - if it goes to rockbox, you've got the new bootloader.
05:24:31cool_walking_oh ahh err.. or that.
05:24:59Unhelpfulwell, we answered two different interpretations of the same question ;)
05:25:38scantI have the old bootloader...
05:29:30scantI updated the bootloader because I don't like the OF and I like Rockbox
05:29:55scantthanks for being helpful
05:34:54Traveler3is there a way to read a previous line for read_line? like could you save a value for fd and restore it if you need to go back a line?
05:46:32 Join johnteddy [0] (n=johntedd@tor/regular/sid)
05:46:51johnteddyI have this ipod mini, and the contrast is all screwy. is there a way to fix the contrast so I can see shit better?
05:58:51 Quit __lifeless (Remote closed the connection)
05:59:07 Join __lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
05:59:45scantanyone know the max microSDHC size a Sansa e260 with Rockbox supports?
06:00:17scorchetheoretically the max they can produce
06:00:20scorchewithin the spec
06:01:03 Quit Traveler3 ("Java user signed off")
06:01:18 Join franky [0] (n=dcf57c73@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
06:01:37scantscorche: do you use a Sansa e260 and microSDHC card?
06:01:53scorcheyes, but i dont see why that is important..
06:02:24scantI'm wondering what size your card is...
06:03:07 Quit franky (Client Quit)
06:06:01*_Auron_ has a e260v2 and had his 8GB microSDHC before he got his G1, which he uses for everything now. :P
06:09:04 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
06:15:34 Quit tomers_ ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.10/2009042523]")
06:17:17 Join firedix [0] (n=firedix@
06:26:19 Quit __lifeless (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
06:26:36 Join __lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
06:33:10 Join Tuplanolla [0] (n=jani@unaffiliated/tuplanolla)
06:35:38 Quit _lifeless (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
06:39:43 Join toffe82 [0] (
06:45:08***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
07:00:22 Join kronflux [0] (n=8eb14f11@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
07:03:04kronfluxhey guys, I keep getting the "Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected! Assume -R? [n]" message when I attempt to apply patches, specifically the patch related to the sansa fuze for mp3 decoding. is this already in the latest svn of rockbox? or is there some order I have to apply patches in, to get better results?
07:08:57 Nick fxb__ is now known as fxb (
07:12:50 Quit dmb (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
07:17:37 Part toffe82
07:28:58 Join einhirn [0] (
07:30:50 Quit kronflux ("CGI:IRC (Ping timeout)")
07:41:54 Part scant
07:44:54 Quit Riku (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
07:47:12 Join nibbler [0] (
07:47:30 Nick fxb is now known as fxb__ (
07:48:19 Join goffa [0] (n=goffa@
07:52:22 Quit z35 ("Leaving")
07:55:07 Join matsl [0] (
07:58:06 Join flydutch [0] (
08:00:44 Quit goffa___ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
08:01:08 Quit matsl ("Leaving")
08:01:33 Join matsl [0] (
08:06:30 Quit firedix ("Ex-Chat")
08:09:28 Join Zagor [242] (n=bjorn@rockbox/developer/Zagor)
08:10:36 Join jHoNDoE [0] (
08:16:42 Nick jHoNDoE is now known as andreah (
08:20:14andreahthere is a thing
08:20:28andreahrockbox utility needs a letter for my sansa c240
08:20:44andreahi am using win7 and it doesnt assign any letter to the player
08:21:16advcomp2019andreah, that is mtp mode.. you need msc mode it sounds like
08:21:29andreahmanual you mean?
08:21:48andreaheither way i can go try with my laptop, xp and fbsd there
08:22:23andreahye lemme try with that hold on
08:22:42 Join ender` [0] (
08:23:17advcomp2019mtp and msc modes are usb mode.. on the c200 firmware was a few versions without usb modes in the menu
08:25:15andreahMTP device found
08:25:17andreahon xp
08:25:20 Quit nibbler (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
08:25:38advcomp2019you need msc mode
08:25:58andreahwhy? flash u mean
08:26:13andreahok hold on
08:27:47advcomp2019because mtp mode is limited and buggy at times but that is just my opinion
08:29:01andreahi cant flash it if its on mtp right?
08:29:45advcomp2019yep because the rockbox utility does not work with it in mtp mode
08:32:40 Quit evilnick (" ajax IRC Client")
08:33:35andreahok its msc now
08:34:34andreahTTS says invalid
08:35:08 Join bertrik [0] (
08:35:27 Quit Zarggg ()
08:35:45andreahye lets see
08:36:00andreahwas a $7 player, my wife needs it only for tomorrow
08:36:45advcomp2019did you run the rockbox utility as admin?
08:37:11andreahi have the pdf
08:37:16andreahthanks tho
08:37:35andreahoh shit
08:37:37advcomp2019what happened if you manually select the drive tho?
08:37:38andreahwhats the best theme
08:37:49Bagderthet one you like most
08:37:54advcomp2019the themes are up to you
08:38:01andreahi cant tell from a 1'' pic
08:38:13andreahi have to try everyone
08:38:16andreahk lets see
08:38:46andreahSansaClassic or SansaPod
08:38:53 Join Grahack [0] (
08:39:06GodEateris it "use the enter key as a comma" day today ?
08:40:47advcomp2019plus can you use full english words too?
08:40:56andreahnice its done
08:41:12 Join petur [50] (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
08:45:10***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
08:45:17andreahthis is one of the best thing ive seen in long time
08:47:26 Join LinusN [0] (n=linus@rockbox/developer/LinusN)
08:52:18 Join Rob2223 [0] (
08:53:02 Join nibbler [0] (
08:58:32 Quit Rob2222 (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
09:00:34 Join pondlife [50] (n=Steve@rockbox/developer/pondlife)
09:01:16pondlifeWho's MrAdmin for
09:01:30*scorche waves
09:01:32GodEatera variety of people I think
09:01:53pondlifescorche: You aware of the broken graphic on ?
09:02:03pondlife"Smarty error..."
09:02:46scorchei am now
09:03:04pondlifeCool - probably needs removing/reuploading..
09:03:38andreahthe default one is my fav
09:03:58scorchei wonder how that happened
09:04:22pondlifeI thought it used to be displaysd, but I might be wrong
09:06:26scorcherasher: you around?
09:07:33pixelmaanything to do with the fact that there is a "mipper" for H100 as well?
09:08:33scorchei dont know yet...i do see the image in the admin panel and the image isnt where it should be....there is an existing "mipper" in 160x128 which i assume is H100?
09:09:04pixelmamust be related a bit, I think because the theme doesn't show up on the Ipod Photo/Color pages which has the same display size as the H300
09:10:08pixelmathe mipper 160x128 seems to work in all colour depths, even monochrome - so M:Robe100, H100, X5 and some more
09:12:04 Join Thundercloud [0] (
09:15:20pixelmaH100 and H300 have a connection through a possible rwps and the theme has one
09:15:39 Join dmb [0] (n=dmb@unaffiliated/dmb)
09:16:59 Join Sedgewick [0] (n=Sedgewic@
09:19:46scorcheindeed...i think this is something in how the theme site handles such things, but i imagine we can wait for rasher to fill in some info
09:20:12 Join Lss [0] (
09:32:18 Join evilwombat [0] (
09:32:23evilwombatHi guys
09:32:39evilwombatI graduated from UMD a year ago and my web space is about to disappear
09:32:58evilwombatWould someone mind re-hosting the MIDI plugin soundset on ?
09:34:00Bagderwhere is it now?
09:34:19evilwombatIt was linked on the wiki page
09:34:40evilwombatEither the univ. site is down, or they finally realized I graduated, because my homedir is currently inaccessible
09:34:49evilwombatI did not expect this to happen until September
09:36:13evilwombatI would love to know where the latest version is... it's been a while
09:36:17 Quit bertrik (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
09:36:45evilwombatat the very least, I should have a good copy in my Simulator dir
09:40:51evilwombatYup. I've got a good copy of the file here, in case the univ. space is gone for good
09:41:26 Quit andreah ()
09:41:35evilwombatI am hoping it will be back (not unreasonable for them to be doing maintenance this time of night) but it is good to bring this up now
09:44:19Bagderevilwombat: anyway, we'll gladly host them
09:44:36evilwombatBagder, awesome!
09:45:00evilwombatI can try back tomorrow with a link, and if no luck, I can upload it someplace for the time being
09:45:11*pondlife wonders if greyscale targets should have colour screenshots on the themes site...
09:45:19evilwombatI would have to do that tomorrow, because my home connection is extremely slow on upload
09:46:03Unhelpfulpondlife: it's all to do with showing a theme for every target that it passes checkwps on. there's only a screenshot for *one* target, the one the user uploaded :/
09:46:53pondlifeI was thinking that a greyscale conversion could take place automatically, just so you'd get a realistic idea of how it would look.
09:47:05pondlifeBut I don't have a greyscale target, so am not too worried...
09:48:16Unhelpfulfor closest match, it should be converted to 4-level greyscale, with a 16x16 bayer ordered dither matrix.
09:49:03pixelmadepending on which elements use colour that could look quite different though...
09:49:29pixelmahmm, not thought through
09:51:14Unhelpfulyes, it will never be perfect if we're converting a screenshot. mono bitmaps are not dithered, but they're drawn solid in the foreground color, and would end up being dithered. dithering in rockbox is aligned to origin of the bitmap, where converting a screenshot would use a single dither matrix aligned to the origin of the screen...
09:52:07pixelmathe best would be if the theme sight could make own screenshots for every target, even different 160x128 greyscale target screenshots look different now (because the chosen colours can be different to look closer to the original, compare e.g. an H100 and M5 sim)
09:52:25pixelmaurrr... s/sight/site
09:53:30 Quit Thundercloud (Remote closed the connection)
09:53:56 Join lee-qid [0] (
09:54:21 Part lee-qid
09:54:39 Join pyro_maniac [0] (
09:55:15pixelmaor other differences like showing RTC info (would be replaced by −−:−− on a stock H100)
09:56:38*pixelma wishes there was a "is RTC present" tag
09:56:42Unhelpfulthat too. a converted screenshot would be a rough sketch at best
09:56:59Unhelpfuland if it's a greyscale WPS that's color-compatible?
09:57:38cool_walking_How about conversion via loading it in the sim?
09:58:00pixelmait should be grey too but without the tones that's used now to represent backlight "colour"
09:59:19pixelmaor if checkwps could do screenshots? Reminds me a bit of the WPS editor...
10:03:11 Quit Grahack ("Leaving.")
10:04:30pondlifeI was wondering if checkwps (or the sim) could be used to convert.
10:05:31cool_walking_or rather render, not convert. People don't even need to upload a screenshot then.
10:05:56evilwombatBagder, Oh hey, it's back! The file in question is, stevenm/patchset.tbz2">
10:05:59pixelmathe problem might be that you need to provide some metadata or so
10:06:17AlexPcool_walking_: The only slight problem with that is me... what pixelma said :)
10:06:26Unhelpfulalbum art could be trouble, also...
10:07:05cool_walking_I can understand theme authors wanting to put their favourite albums in their screenshots.
10:07:52 Join funman [0] (n=fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
10:10:02pixelmamaybe the theme site could give a hint: "your theme also works with target Y, please provide a screenshot"? Not sure that's asked too much from theme authors... I would do that then though
10:11:11AlexPmaybe then point at rasher's prebuilt sims
10:14:08 Quit kachna|lappy (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
10:14:29linuxstbpondlife: I don't think it would be that hard to extend checkwps to create screenshots, and it would seem very useful. I'm not sure if anyone wants to do it though...
10:14:47*pondlife calls Mr Someone
10:27:24CIA-38New commit by funman (r20923): Sansa AMS: Various fixes/enhancements for clock frequencies ...
10:27:35CIA-38New commit by funman (r20924): Sansa AMS : remove mci_set_clock_divider() ...
10:27:40***Alert Mode level 1
10:27:40CIA-38New commit by funman (r20925): Sansa Fuze : Fix r20680/FS #10075 (long HOME to exit plugins) ...
10:36:17 Join kugel [0] (n=kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
10:37:41***Alert Mode OFF
10:41:15 Quit matsl (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
10:45:13***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
10:45:28 Join mt [0] (n=MTee@
10:46:01 Quit cool_walking_ (" ajax IRC Client")
10:49:37 Join tchan1 [0] (
10:50:52 Quit faemir ("Leaving")
10:56:36 Quit tchan (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:01:19 Quit funman ("leaving")
11:08:55 Quit evilwombat ("^D")
11:10:31 Join robin0800 [0] (
11:17:24 Join matsl [0] (
11:18:00 Join kachna|lappy [0] (
11:19:26 Quit soap (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:32:28 Join pyro_maniac1 [0] (
11:32:29 Quit robin0800 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
11:36:35 Join robin0800 [0] (
11:45:56 Join petur2 [50] (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
11:46:04 Quit kugel (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:47:14 Join Lynx_ [0] (n=Lynx@
11:49:18 Quit petur (Nick collision from services.)
11:49:22 Quit pyro_maniac (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
11:49:22 Nick petur2 is now known as petur (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
12:12:48 Join barrywardell [0] (
12:16:51 Join robin0800_ [0] (
12:16:59 Join cmwslw [0] (
12:17:40 Quit robin0800_ (Remote closed the connection)
12:18:20 Join soap [50] (n=soap@rockbox/staff/soap)
12:33:09 Quit mt (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
12:39:36 Quit robin0800 ("Lost terminal")
12:45:16***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
12:51:05 Join robin0800 [0] (
12:51:19 Join petur2 [50] (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
12:54:34 Quit cmwslw (Remote closed the connection)
13:03:16 Quit robin0800 (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
13:09:16 Quit petur (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
13:12:42 Join loadrom [0] (n=54983125@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
13:12:56 Join evilnick [0] (i=ad348c4b@gateway/web/ajax/
13:14:22loadromArchos V1; can I flash my V1 player with a current build or is the latest release flashable in a V1 player ?
13:14:59 Quit pyro_maniac1 (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
13:15:21loadromI'm just want to flash my player with the "most recent build"
13:16:42pixelmashould be possible to install a recent build - not sure exactly what you mean with "flash"
13:18:17 Nick petur2 is now known as petur (n=petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
13:21:47pixelmaas there are different ways to flash it (rombox.ucl (which isn't possible anymore for quite some time), rockbox.ucl, and some people also mean just installing a new build)
13:22:51loadromwell, I don't see the the rombox.ucl file, so I just want to flash with a current build, can I do so with rockbox.ucl ?
13:24:17 Quit jordan`` (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
13:24:33pixelmaas far as I know, yes
13:25:30loadromI'm following the instructions here,, (update procedure), and it says if I dont see a rombox.ucl file I must go to here,
13:25:51loadromand then you'vew lost me as I have no idea to make a build etc...
13:26:41pixelmawhen did you last update? And have you used one of the ucl files before?
13:26:54pixelmaI mean when updating last time
13:27:24loadroma few years ago was the last time I flashed the player
13:31:19loadromI really don't understand the sequence of events laid out for or without rombox.ucl, why I should or souldnt have a rombox file, I fiddle and try and sort it out myself
13:31:30 Quit loadrom ("CGI:IRC")
13:31:34pixelmahmm... I'm a bit careful with advice then.. is there something he needs to take care of amiconn?
13:32:07pixelmajust wanted to tell that he can probably ignore these as a start
13:33:06 Join dfkt [0] (i=dfkt@unaffiliated/dfkt)
13:38:50 Join pyro_maniac [0] (
13:53:27 Quit Sedgewick ("off")
13:54:34 Join gromit` [0] (
13:55:07pixelmaI wonder if one (both?) pages he was referring to could be taken down as there is outdated info (AFAIK) and the current flashing procedure is described in the manual. The only thing that will be missing is how to get the rombox.ucl (by disabling database or more)
13:55:22 Nick fxb__ is now known as fxb (
13:58:45pixelmahmm, even the zips attached to BootBox seem to still be there. The current one are available on the download pages
14:01:20pixelmashall I add at least a big red warning at the start of the page, anything speaking against?
14:09:44MarcGuayIf something is not longer applicable I'm in favour of removing it completely. The wiki history will keep it if it's needed.
14:11:07 Quit johnteddy (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
14:13:38 Quit evilnick (" ajax IRC Client")
14:14:41pixelmaI'm not sure how to deal with the info on the RomBox page, it's partially outdated but the "build your own" is still valid
14:33:08 Join Sedgewick [0] (n=Sedgewic@
14:39:08 Join LambdaCalculus37 [0] (i=44a0430d@rockbox/staff/LambdaCalculus37)
14:45:17***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
15:02:59 Join Grahack [0] (
15:22:25 Join itcheg [0] (i=41d59de2@gateway/web/ajax/
15:24:37 Quit Sedgewick ("off")
15:24:40 Join evilnick_7 [0] (i=0c140464@gateway/web/ajax/
15:26:37 Join firedix [0] (n=firedix@
15:36:34 Join Xerion_ [0] (
15:39:30 Join _Xerion [0] (
15:53:47 Quit Xerion (Connection timed out)
15:53:48 Nick _Xerion is now known as Xerion (
15:54:39 Quit SirFunk_ (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
15:55:04 Join SirFunk_ [0] (
15:55:24 Join n1s [0] (n=n1s@rockbox/developer/n1s)
15:56:18 Quit Xerion_ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
15:58:10 Join schrottplatz [0] (
15:59:14 Quit timc ("Leaving")
15:59:20 Part LinusN
16:06:14 Join simjoko [0] (
16:08:01 Join jgarvey [0] (
16:13:13 Part pondlife
16:18:31 Join webguest17 [0] (n=485c7387@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
16:19:23webguest17how to restart rockbox ipod nano
16:20:05webguest17how to off the ipod with rockbox ?
16:21:58webguest17help ?
16:22:24evilnick_7Do you want to reset it? Or simply turn it off using rockbox
16:22:25 Join Sedgewick [0] (n=Sedgewic@
16:22:27Bagderisn't that covered in the manual?
16:22:49 Quit webguest17 (Client Quit)
16:22:55 Quit blithe ("Lost terminal")
16:22:59n1sBagder: it is
16:23:06 Join blithe [0] (
16:23:11 Join webguest60 [0] (n=485c7387@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
16:23:56webguest60how do i turn it off
16:24:14n1sa long press of play will turn it of, this is in the manual
16:24:20evilnick_7webguest60: Check the manual.
16:24:23 Join Xerion_ [0] (
16:24:34webguest60ok then how do i turn it on again
16:24:43webguest60i did that nd now its not worikin
16:24:53 Join Chris_Black [0] (n=Sedgewic@
16:25:04webguest60workin *
16:25:05n1syou look in the manual
16:25:16webguest60wheres the manual
16:25:16 Quit Sedgewick (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
16:25:20 Join daytona955 [0] (n=c32fcffa@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
16:25:36Bagdernow, where could it be...
16:26:04 Join hideicons [0] (n=54983125@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
16:26:17 Join _Xerion [0] (
16:27:03daytona955Hi, flyspray help please. Can I delete an extra comment added in error (browser back button & resend screwup...)
16:27:05 Quit Chris_Black (Client Quit)
16:27:17 Quit Xerion (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
16:27:17 Nick _Xerion is now known as Xerion (
16:27:20 Join Chris_Black [0] (n=Sedgewic@
16:27:22 Quit Grahack ("Leaving.")
16:27:43 Join SirFunk__ [0] (
16:27:47 Quit Chris_Black (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
16:27:58webguest60myy freakin ipod is gonna breakkkkkkkkkk
16:28:10hideiconsArchos V1, I want to hide the icons, where do I find the setting, I've looked under Settings (+ submenus) AND System (+submenus) can't see a menu that says "Hide Icons"
16:28:16gevaertsdaytona955: which FS number?
16:28:32 Join renke [0] (
16:29:11gevaertsok. I removed the last one
16:29:17LambdaCalculus37webguest60: Oi, relax! Calm down! Deep breath!
16:30:19webguest60'how do i get this shit off my ipoddddddddd
16:30:27 Join kugel [0] (n=kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
16:30:30n1swebguest60: red
16:30:36n1sread the fine manual
16:30:44 Quit blithe ("Lost terminal")
16:30:44 Quit daytona955 ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
16:30:55 Join blithe [0] (
16:31:09hideiconsI've looked under Settings > General settings, "FIle view", Display, System, no find "Hide Icons" option
16:31:41pixelma assuming you're using a current build now
16:32:16webguest60how do i unstall ??
16:32:31hideiconsah found it, "Hide Icons" is under themes, surely it's a setting ?
16:32:31webguest60uninstall ??
16:32:43 Quit hideicons ("CGI:IRC")
16:33:08evilnick_7webguest60: This information is in the manual which a lot of people spent a lot of their free time writing.
16:33:28 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
16:34:19 Join Sedgewick [0] (n=Sedgewic@
16:34:55 Join toffe82 [0] (n=chatzill@
16:35:43simjokohis obviously immune to anything useful you tell him
16:35:48simjokohe's -.-
16:35:55 Join blithe [0] (
16:38:11 Join SirFunk [0] (
16:40:38 Quit maraz ("huoltokatko, brb")
16:42:23 Quit SirFunk_ (Connection timed out)
16:42:31 Quit Xerion_ (Success)
16:44:26 Join bubsy [0] (i=Bubsy@
16:45:21***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
16:45:56 Quit happosade (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
16:46:34 Quit webguest60 ("CGI:IRC")
16:46:42 Join webguest94 [0] (n=485c7387@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
16:50:16dfktjust want to share a x5 cf-mod success story, thanks to rockbox in general, and your cf wiki site: dfkt/cowon_x5/cf_mod/">
16:50:22 Quit kachna|lappy (Connection timed out)
16:52:18 Quit SirFunk__ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
16:55:34LambdaCalculus37dfkt: Isn't that the DealXtreme adapter?
16:55:57dfktyes, it is
16:56:00dfktthe cheapest
16:59:39webguest94how to go to orignal firmware on ipod
17:01:06GodEaterwebguest94: that's covered in the fine manual
17:01:47GodEaterLambdaCalculus37: sucker ;)
17:02:07LambdaCalculus37GodEater: :P
17:03:23 Quit bubsy (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
17:05:05simjokodo you often have such problems with webguests?
17:05:34LambdaCalculus37On occasion, yes.
17:05:55LambdaCalculus37But we have problems with other users as well.
17:06:15LambdaCalculus37But I digress.
17:07:09 Quit Zagor ("Don't panic")
17:07:50 Join SirFunk_ [0] (
17:09:54GodEaterwe have problems in that we *have* users ;)
17:10:00 Join evilnick_230 [0] (i=0c140464@gateway/web/ajax/
17:10:04GodEaterlife would be simpler if we didn't
17:10:46 Join bubsy [0] (i=Bubsy@
17:12:09 Join Chris_Black [0] (n=Sedgewic@
17:13:15simjokobtw I did the fun and compiled rockbox using gcc 4.4.0. worked quite well apart from mp3_enc which grew too big
17:15:55 Quit gevaerts (Nick collision from services.)
17:16:03simjoko(ipod 4th gen target)
17:16:05 Join gevaerts [0] (n=fg@rockbox/developer/gevaerts)
17:19:07LambdaCalculus37simjoko: Color or greyscale?
17:19:12 Join faemir [0] (
17:20:22 Quit Chris_Black (Client Quit)
17:20:27 Join wpyh [0] (n=william@
17:22:29 Quit SirFunk (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
17:27:57 Join juane414 [0] (n=chatzill@
17:27:58 Join Xerion_ [0] (
17:28:22juane414anyone here knowledgeable with making a wps?
17:28:52 Quit Sedgewick (Connection timed out)
17:30:06juane414i'm making a wps and i'm trying to have a .bmp image and a text, such as volume in decibels, in the same location on the screen
17:30:16juane414but i want the text to overlap the image... is that possible?
17:32:09evilnick_230Can't you set the background of one viewport to be the image, and then the text would naturally be overlaid on top?
17:33:14juane414well i want the image to change during playback
17:33:16AlexPI don't think you can set background images for viewports
17:33:19AlexPjust colours
17:33:30juane414its not a background actually
17:33:38 Join maraz [0] (
17:34:27juane414basically i want the runtime progress to be displayed in a ring rather than a progress bar, and i want the run time in minutes and seconds to be displayed in the center of the ring
17:34:36 Join BHSPitMonkey [0] (n=stephen@unaffiliated/bhspitmonkey)
17:35:54 Join _Xerion [0] (
17:38:12juane414any ideas?
17:38:48juane414i guess what i'm asking is does a .bmp always overlay text? Or is it the other way around?
17:39:51 Join _Xerion_ [0] (
17:39:51***Alert Mode level 1
17:39:51DBUGEnqueued KICK Xerion
17:39:51DBUGEnqueued KICK Xerion_
17:39:51***Alert Mode level 2
17:39:51DBUGEnqueued KICK _Xerion
17:39:51DBUGEnqueued KICK _Xerion_
17:39:51***Alert Mode level 3
17:40:45 Quit schrottplatz ("o.O")
17:41:04 Join gregzx [0] (
17:43:09 Join _fml [0] (n=4fd3c721@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
17:43:47 Quit bubsy (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
17:44:08juane414i'll ask again... when making a WPS, does a .bmp override text or does text override a .bmp?
17:44:51_fmlHello. What is the symbol "HAVE_RADIO_REGION" used for? In the settings_list.h, the setting fm_region is protected by just "CONFIG_TUNER". Shouldn't it be cleaned up? If yes, I might try to do it.
17:45:00evilnick_230juane414: IF anyone here knows then they'll answer, there's nothing to be gained from asking again.
17:45:30evilnick_230A lot of devs will check what's been said since they were last here, so hang around if you need an answer as soon as possible
17:45:41juane414well... three people joined after the first time i asked
17:45:47 Quit Xerion (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
17:45:47 Nick _Xerion_ is now known as Xerion (
17:45:47DBUGEnqueued KICK Xerion
17:45:47***Alert Mode level 4
17:45:48juane414i haven't really used irc much
17:45:49_fmljuane414: why don't you just try? And tell us about the result?
17:46:00juane414don't really know how it works
17:46:05juane414don't mean to sound pushy
17:46:10juane414thanks for the help though
17:46:31simjokojust stick around for some time. people usually have a look when they got time.
17:47:01juane414alright i'll hang around for a bit
17:47:25 Quit BHSPitMonkey (Remote closed the connection)
17:48:51 Quit webguest94 ("CGI:IRC")
17:50:41LambdaCalculus37kkurbjun: Ping; anything new with FS #7505?
17:50:48rasherjuane414: I'm pretty sure text will be drawn on top of a bitmap. You could always try it out, of course
17:51:50 Join bubsy [0] (i=Bubsy@
17:52:21_fmlAnother question about HAVE_RADIO_REGION: why is it defined in config-<player>.h and not in the appropriate driver's header (e.g. tea5767.h)?
17:52:41 Quit Xerion_ (Connection timed out)
17:53:31 Join Xerion_ [0] (
17:54:41juane414arg... irc... i'm such a noob
17:55:14AlexPjuane414: If you want it drawn inside the circle, you could colour the inside of the circle transparent
17:55:26 Quit Lynx_ (Connection timed out)
17:55:48***Alert Mode OFF
17:55:57juane414i was thinking that but can rockbox recognize bmp files with transparency?
17:56:06AlexPjuane414: Yes, the wiki covers this
17:56:18juane414shoot, i didn't see that
17:56:22AlexPColour 255,0,255 is treated as transarent
17:56:43juane414ahhhhhh... nice
17:56:51 Quit _Xerion (Connection timed out)
17:56:54juane414i'll give that a shot
17:57:00AlexPjuane414: So the bitmap doesn't have transparency, but a specific colour is treated as transparent
17:57:24juane414okay that makes sense
17:57:26 Join _Xerion [0] (
17:57:55juane414i've never tried doing this sort of thing before, but i do a lot of photo editing so i figured i'd give it a try
17:58:08juane414i must have misunderstood that part in the wiki
17:58:56AlexPjuane414: third point under notes
17:59:12 Quit Xerion_ (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
17:59:27juane414alright thanks Alex
17:59:33AlexPno problem
17:59:38 Join Blue_Dude [0] (
17:59:52juane414IRC noob question... why does it beep when you message me? what command does that?>
18:00:13AlexPIt is becuase I used your nick
18:01:05AlexPjuane414: If you want someone to notice you speaking to them, you should use their full nick (e.g. AlexP not Alex) as then normally their client highlights them. Hint - try typing the start of a name then pressing tab
18:01:46juane414AlexP: like that?
18:01:58Blue_DudeGrr, what am I missing here? I created a couple of files in the /apps directory to hold my project code. I included the .h file in the .c files that call my code. But after running configure, the compiler ignores my new files and the linker doesn't see them. How do I make sure my files are in the makefile whe running configure?
18:02:27 Join kugel_ [0] (
18:02:33 Quit kugel (Nick collision from services.)
18:02:39 Nick kugel_ is now known as kugel (
18:02:40gevaertsBlue_Dude: SOURCES?
18:03:18gevaertsas in the file named SOURCES
18:03:42Blue_Dudeok, let me check. Didn't know about that.
18:04:34 Join miepchen^schlaf [0] (
18:06:51Blue_DudeI'm not finding a sources file. I did add them in svn...
18:07:08CtcpIgnored 5 channel CTCP requests in 5 minutes and 56 seconds at the last flood
18:07:08*kugel didn't know rockblox saves high scores! :/
18:07:15 Quit petur ("work->home")
18:08:31gevaertsyou didn't look properly then
18:08:51 Join perrikwp [0] (i=18ac0c41@gateway/web/ajax/
18:09:12 Quit nibbler (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
18:09:13saratogasimjoko: any benchmarks for gcc 4.4?
18:09:25 Quit Xerion (Connection timed out)
18:09:25 Nick _Xerion is now known as Xerion (
18:09:39simjokoyou mean a battery stresstest?
18:10:10kugelgevaerts: it doesn't show them on a series of targets
18:10:36gevaertskugel: ?
18:10:41MarcGuayBlue_Dude: Are you writing a plugin?
18:10:46Blue_DudeI found several files named SOURCES.svn-base. Should I be fooling with those?
18:11:01Blue_DudeNo, regular core code.
18:11:07gevaertskugel: ah, I see it now. I was talking to Blue_Dude
18:11:12kugelah, ok
18:11:29gevaertsBlue_Dude: there are files named SOURCES (not sources!) all over the tree...
18:12:16Blue_DudeFound it. How did I miss that? brb
18:13:51simjokosaratoga: not yet. I wasn't sure if it's of interest at all to actually bother
18:13:56*kugel demands .xcf or .psd files in SVN
18:16:14saratogasimjoko: test_codec would be faster
18:17:56simjokoI'll give it a shot
18:18:13saratogai doubt you'd see a difference on a battery bench anyway unless it was huge
18:18:27simjokosadly, my touch wheel is broken, still waiting for a replacement -.-
18:19:13 Join Lear [0] (n=chatzill@rockbox/developer/lear)
18:19:47simjokohere, brute force helped
18:19:59juane414AlexP: sorry to bug you again but do you know of a way to get an image to blink on and off?
18:20:35AlexPjuane414: You can use conditional images and alternating sublines
18:20:52 Join domonoky [0] (n=Domonoky@rockbox/developer/domonoky)
18:21:20juane414AlexP: could you expand on that just a bit?
18:21:44pixelmaas far as I know bitmaps will be drawn on top of text (with the exception of a backdrop)
18:21:45simjokosaratoga: isn't test_codec not included in the regular svn builds?
18:21:47AlexPjuane414: Images can be conditional - you preload them and then display depending on certain criteria
18:22:04AlexPjuane414: Alternating sublines display one thing then another with set timeouts
18:22:42juane414AlexP: okay i see so i can use ";%t3%xd..."
18:22:50AlexPjuane414: So combining the two means you can display one image for a certain amount of time, then another (or nothing) for another amount of time, then a third if you want etc.
18:23:28AlexPjuane414: Should be able to, yes
18:24:38Blue_DudeEditing SOURCES seems to have worked. Thanks, guys.
18:25:43MarcGuaysimjoko: It's not.
18:27:05 Join hd [0] (
18:27:26*kugel cannot figure out the font
18:28:20 Quit matsl (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
18:29:31 Join moos [0] (n=mustapha@rockbox/staff/moos)
18:30:52 Quit HellDragon (Nick collision from services.)
18:31:10 Nick hd is now known as HellDragon (i=jd@Wikipedia/HellDragon)
18:32:17 Quit Blue_Dude ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.10/2009042316]")
18:34:56 Part wpyh ("Kopete 0.12.7 :")
18:35:21 Join highjinx [0] (
18:38:27CIA-38New commit by alle (r20926): Remove the HAVE_RADIO_REGION from the platform config since it's already defined in the tuner driver's header
18:39:33 Join _lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
18:41:33 Join funman [0] (i=5132e1ce@rockbox/developer/funman)
18:42:25funmanpyro_maniac: kugel : I just got a YH-920, can you enlight me a bit on the process to put rockbox on it ?
18:42:27 Join aik-rash [0] (n=aik@
18:42:30aik-rashre all
18:42:41funmanI also wonder if/how the device is recoverable in case of problems (I never had a mi4 target)
18:42:47aik-rashhow i can use album cover in rockbox?
18:42:52 Quit highjinx (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
18:43:08funmanaik-rash: did you look at the manual?
18:43:10kugelfunman: easy. Apply and build :P
18:43:21kugelnot that easy actually. the 920 seems special
18:43:29funmankugel: sure, but what do I do with the built files?
18:43:56funmanaik-rash: also look at
18:44:00simjokoso, I added test_codec.c to SOURCES but it won't show in open with... menu entry
18:44:04kugelrename FW_YH920.mi4 (or something) in the systems folder to OF.bin
18:44:10kugeland put the bootloader in place of that
18:44:19kugeland extract normally
18:44:22aik-rashfunman, tnx
18:44:49pyro_maniacfunman: just unpack and replace the pp5020.mi4 with the rockbox.mi4
18:45:20kugelpyro_maniac: that's not how it's meant to work
18:45:22***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
18:45:36pyro_maniacthe bootloader isn't working yet
18:46:00kugelI mean, it will work, but rockbox.mi4 is obviously not the bootloader
18:46:07kugelthus, no dual boot
18:46:13aik-rashThere it is written that amarok is able to do covers of album О_о
18:46:24 Join Rondom [0] (
18:46:31pyro_maniaci am confused
18:46:54kugeljust rename the .mi4 in the system folder to OF.mi4, and put the bootloader in the system folder with the name that the OF had before
18:47:12pyro_maniaci had to rename the rockbox.mi4 to pp5020.mi4 and copy that into the system folder
18:47:27kugelrockbox.mi4 isn't the bootloader
18:47:32kugelthat's rockbox
18:47:36pyro_maniaci know
18:47:47kugelYou're supposed to put the bootloader into /SYSTEM
18:47:50pyro_maniacand as i said before, the bootloader isn't working yet
18:48:14kugelwell, I can't tell from here. I just that that's not how it's supposed to work
18:48:21pyro_maniacmentioned on the tracker and in the wiki too
18:49:30pyro_maniacfunman: did you found the patch on flyspray?
18:50:14kugelI think so, I posted the link
18:50:30MarcGuaysimjoko: Add it to the viewers.cfg file (no need to recompile)
18:50:34pyro_maniacsry i misst that
18:50:44simjokothanks for the hint
18:50:59 Quit juane414 ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.10/2009042316]")
18:51:55funmanpyro_maniac: yes I found the patch. The process looks simple enough for me, thanks. Is there a way to recover if the bootloader doesn't work ?
18:52:44pyro_maniacfunman: doesn't work? in which case?
18:53:07 Join JdGordon| [0] (i=836b0070@gateway/web/ajax/
18:53:10MarcGuaysimjoko: What folder did the test_codec.rock file end up in? It may have to be in the rocks/viewers folder...
18:53:18pyro_maniacfunman: you mean the rockbox bootloader?
18:53:45 Quit __lifeless (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
18:55:07simjokoMarcGuay: hm, it does not seem to be there at all. I added test_codec.c to svnroot/apps/plugins/SOURCES is that correct?
18:55:15funmanhow can I change FW_YH920.mi4 if the bootloader doesn't work? Will USB connection still work? (is the USB connection not handled by FW_YH920.mi4 then?)
18:56:09MarcGuaysimjoko: You might have to add it to the viewers.cfg file in the source as well _before_ compiling.
18:56:22 Quit aik-rash ("Ухожу я от вас (xchat 2.4.5 или старше)")
18:56:26simjokoalright, I'll check it out
18:56:36pyro_maniacjust backup FW_YH920.mi4 and replace it with the rockbox.mi4. this worked for me. the original bootloader handles the usb connection, so you can resore on errors.
18:56:43_fmlWhat is HAVE_TUNER_PWR_CTRL for? Isn't it tuner driver specific? Or does it depend on the player schematics?
18:57:07funman"original bootloader" is different from the original FW_YH920.mi4 ?
18:58:02pyro_maniacon my device the orignial bootloader wasn't really reachable
18:58:07funmanok, then I can experiment without fear of breaking it :)
18:58:12simjokotest_codec seems to only process wav by default
18:58:41MarcGuaysimjoko: I think you need to add "*, test_codec, 0" to the viewers config file.
18:58:50MarcGuaySo that it applies to all file types.
18:59:08pyro_maniacif there is something wrong, just plug in usb and press reset
19:00:39funmani'll look at it this evening :)
19:00:58pyro_maniacdid you get rockbox running?
19:01:28 Quit _lifeless (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
19:01:31 Join __lifeless [0] (n=lifeless@
19:01:55 Quit funman (" ajax IRC Client")
19:02:29kugelfuzzie: I don't have it handy. It's in a patch I uploaded there, I'd need to extract it myself too
19:02:37 Quit gromit` (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
19:03:13simjokostill no luck -.-
19:03:21 Join robin0800 [0] (
19:03:31kugelfunman left, sorry fuzzie
19:03:39LambdaCalculus37Yay, JPEG album art on my beast! \o/
19:04:04 Part pyro_maniac ("Leaving.")
19:04:58MarcGuaysimjoko: I did the same thing the other day, let me see what changes I made.
19:05:26simjokowhat makes me wonder is that there's no test_codec.rock in rocks/viewers
19:05:38simjokoand all this mess just for testing gcc 4.4.0 -.-
19:07:21kugelsimjoko: we tested gcc (rc1 or seomthing) and it didn't work well
19:07:31kugelgcc 4.4 I mean
19:07:50simjokoalright, no need to do it twice then
19:08:32kugelwell, we didn't test the release, and it's already few month ago, so you're welcome :)
19:08:55simjokoI'd really like to, but for some reason that test_codec thing won't show up for me -.-
19:10:03 Quit _fml ("CGI:IRC")
19:10:29 Join gromit` [0] (
19:12:56kugelsimjoko: You select a file for context menu, then select open with and test_codec
19:13:46kugelalso, you probably can't browse it in the plugin browser, you rather search for it in .rockbox/rocks manually (test_* plugins tend to not be categorized well)
19:13:59 Join ufoman [0] (
19:17:02simjokofind | grep test does not give anything back, also it does not show up in the context menu. I already checked on that
19:18:16kugelthen it didn't compile
19:19:50LearHm, what's the policy on feature requests on flyspray? Ignore them? Close fixed ones? Close all? :)
19:21:30 Join nibbler [0] (
19:22:10JdGordon|Lear: mix of ignore and close
19:22:17JdGordon|definetly close fixed ones
19:22:54 Quit parafin (Nick collision from services.)
19:22:58 Join parafin|away [0] (
19:23:06CIA-38New commit by learman (r20927): Support longer tags on targets with 'enough' memory (more than 2 MB RAM).
19:23:20 Join saratoga_lab [0] (n=9803c264@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
19:24:10saratoga_labsimjoko: editing SOURCES is enough, if it didn't appear after that something went wrong and you should probably do a make clean
19:24:11 Part toffe82
19:24:30simjokoI am already on track of the wrongdoer in the tree
19:25:22 Nick parafin|away is now known as parafin (
19:25:56JdGordon|Lear: maybe that should have been >8MB RAM?
19:26:25LearJdGordon: Any particular reason?
19:27:20simjokohmm, there's sth odd. in plugins/SUBDIRS the commentary tells that doom should only be built on color targets. selecting 24 Greyscale isn't color but it still builds doom
19:28:08JdGordon|Lear: for those that are going to complain about the extra wasted ram?
19:28:12 Join SirFunk__ [0] (
19:28:14pixelmaselecting 24 greyscale?
19:28:31simjokoon ../tools/configure menu
19:28:47simjoko24) 4G Grayscale
19:29:15pixelmadoom works on some greyscale and even one monochrome target
19:29:52LearJdGordon|: Aren't the only users with 8 MB of RAM those with modded Archoses? If so, it doesn't make that much of a difference, does it?
19:30:20simjokosure it runs, but on the 4g grayscale you just see a pixel soup :P it's not my project, but the guy putting that comment to the doom check might have had sth on his mind
19:30:28JdGordon|ah yes, I tihnk you're right... ignore me then :)
19:30:39pixelmasimjoko: are you looking into apps/plugins/doom/SOURCES?
19:31:22saratoga_labsimjoko: that file includes doom for grayscale targets
19:31:30pixelmaah, just the comment is wrong
19:31:31saratoga_labwhich is why it builds on your 4G
19:32:13simjokoyes, I noticed that already. it's also the reason why I make that trouble in here right now :P Am I expressing myself that badly?
19:32:17pixelmathe defines are what counts
19:32:51pixelmadid you add test_codec to SUBDIRS, or why are you looking at that file?
19:33:01simjokoI had to remove doom
19:33:07simjokobecause it did not build on gcc 4.4
19:33:23kugelLear: hopefully soonish some AMS sansa too :)
19:33:57simjokoalso, I don't want doom on a 4g greyscale :P it's no use
19:34:16 Join toffe82 [0] (n=chatzill@
19:34:37 Join SirFunk [0] (
19:35:05saratoga_labthe 2MB memory preprocessor checks are a mess since they group the tcc 2MB chips with the 2MB AMS (which actually have 2.3MB including IRAM)
19:35:36saratoga_labthings that fit on AMS do not fit in TCC
19:36:06kugelwell, the .3 are the important parts
19:36:15kugelis* and *part
19:36:44 Quit robin0800 ("No Ping reply in 90 seconds.")
19:36:51kugeleven though the clip would still have a little audio buffer, even without iram :)
19:39:09 Quit SirFunk_ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
19:39:29gevaertssimjoko: why not? It works!
19:39:51 Join robin0800 [0] (
19:40:45 Join bmbl [0] (n=Miranda@unaffiliated/bmbl)
19:40:50simjokomy touch wheel is broken and now it seems my hdd is, too. lol
19:41:19 Quit JdGordon| (" ajax IRC Client")
19:41:27 Join JdGordon| [0] (i=836b0070@gateway/web/ajax/
19:41:29 Quit saratoga_lab ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
19:42:31 Join archivator [0] (n=archivat@
19:45:10CIA-38New commit by kugel (r20928): Rockblox: Show Highscore list on 176x220 (e200). The space between the score and level is ommitted, since there's no room (the L is sufficient as ...
19:45:39 Quit renke (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
19:46:33simjokoafter the build completed I unzipped it to the root but it won't but up. seems I did sth rly wrong when I made it running half-way oO
19:46:43amiconnLear: Uhm, do you have an idea why the Recorder8MB delta is so much higher than the others?
19:47:32 Quit SirFunk__ (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
19:48:22 Join mt [0] (n=MTee@
19:48:52 Quit gromit` (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
19:49:35Learamiconn: Static mp3entry buffers in mpeg.c, I'd guess.
19:50:01amiconnHmm. Not good.
19:50:39LearCan't afford 5 KB of 8 MB? :)
19:51:27 Quit firedix ("Ex-Chat")
19:52:41 Nick J-23 is now known as rielev (
19:52:53 Nick rielev is now known as J-23 (
19:54:33 Quit dmb (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
19:55:50 Join Hillshum [0] (n=chatzill@unaffiliated/hillshum)
19:57:21 Join dmb [0] (n=dmb@unaffiliated/dmb)
19:57:45amiconnLear: It's 10KB, and it's a waste considering that the allowed tag length was increased by just 600 bytes
19:58:04 Join merbanan [0] (
20:03:50 Join Thundercloud [0] (
20:05:28 Quit einhirn ("Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.")
20:06:41 Join mirak [0] (
20:10:12 Quit jfc (Remote closed the connection)
20:11:08 Join jfc [0] (
20:11:13 Join bertrik [0] (
20:18:04 Join Grahack [0] (
20:28:29HillshumLlorean: I wasn't referring to the direction-changing bit
20:30:45LloreanHillshum: What about directions?
20:30:47pixelmathat was what the thread was all about though, no?
20:31:06LloreanThe feature idea, as described in the first post, is using vertical scrolling to add a visual effect to alternating sublines.
20:32:05 Quit perrikwp (" ajax IRC Client")
20:32:12 Join perrikwp [0] (i=18ac0c41@gateway/web/ajax/
20:32:28 Join dmb_ [0] (
20:32:42HillshumRight. I was referring to alternating in general, not to the ability to change the direction of the effects. Also, I was not familiar with the ability to have alternating sublines
20:33:02LloreanIt's mentioned in the first post.
20:33:18 Quit robin0800 (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
20:33:24simjokoum, what happend here :P I neither can't remove the bootloader nor reinstall it with the rbutil
20:33:36JdGordon|on which target?
20:33:39Hillshumsimjoko: What device?
20:33:40LloreanHillshum: You're aware that viewports allow you to limit line width so you can have two separate types of information side by side, with each having its own different maximum width, right?
20:33:47simjokoipod 4g grey
20:33:57HillshumLlorean: Yes
20:37:53domonokyif anybody here is interested in accessibility in rbutil, take a look here FS #10205 :-)
20:38:13 Quit dmb (No route to host)
20:41:06JdGordon|bertrik: re the radio screen.... the only good change for it is to make it wps-able....
20:42:01JdGordon|pretty much anything else is wasted effort imho
20:42:25Hillshumcan any of the hardware get the song info off the air(using whatever protocol it is)?
20:42:45evilnick_7The S can, I think. Possibly some of the D2 models too
20:43:33bertrikJdGordon, yes I think I agree. The point of discussion (as far as I understand) is whether this would be done by extending the current WPS or creating a new WFMS
20:44:10bertrikand also whether to use the extend the old WPS code for radio, or create new WFMS code
20:45:25***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
20:46:37JdGordon|I think it would be best to add fm-specific tags and have the option of loading a seperate new .wps for the fm screen or reusing the regular one (with a tag saying which screen it is in so the wright tags get shown)
20:47:26 Join kachna|lappy [0] (
20:47:46 Join pyro_maniac1 [0] (
20:49:32 Quit SirFunk (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
20:49:59 Join SirFunk [0] (
20:50:23bertrikJdGordon, ok, sounds good
20:53:42bertrikmy first impression was to simply add radio specific code to gwps.c, but I now think that would become a big mess
20:54:04JdGordon|not really...
20:54:15bertrikgwps.c also handles keypresses (and interacts with playback)
20:54:33JdGordon|oh yeah, that bit will be odd
20:54:51JdGordon|I completly forgot about that side of the wps
20:54:51kugelevery screen handles his keymaps
20:55:16simjokosry, but what is the difference between ipod_10.3.1.1.ipsw and ipod_4.3.1.1.ipsw ? can't find any explanation on that
20:55:38JdGordon|one has 10 and one has 4?
20:55:47kugelI proposed it a few weeks ago already, most of the wps & radio buttons could be combined
20:57:03 Quit Hillshum ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.3/2008092417]")
20:57:15pixelmakugel: what?
20:57:44 Quit blithe ("Lost terminal")
20:57:55 Join blithe [0] (
20:58:49bertrikI can imagine we create a wfms.c (similar to gwps.c) that replaces the current radio high-level code and handles the GUI of the radio screen and uses common parts from gwps-common.c
20:58:55pixelmathere are quite a few specific ones (ID3 viewer, pitch screen on the WPS side - the mode switch, preset list (even record on the Archoses) on the Radio screen side), just the first few comming to my mind now
20:59:24kugeland all that doesn't make it impossible
20:59:51JdGordon|re the buttons.. its probably easiest to keep them seperate.. the entire drawing part can be combined easily enough though
21:00:43kugelI think the buttons handling could rather easily seperated out of each screen, combined to one handler, plugged to the screen via an api
21:01:26kugellike the screen api
21:01:38*JdGordon| thinking over-engineering there
21:01:45*bertrik is not familiar with the screen api
21:02:11kugelthat would also give nicely similar keymaps for similar actions
21:02:24 Quit simjoko (Remote closed the connection)
21:02:34JdGordon|no, that would be enforced by the keymap file
21:02:35bertrikkugel, you mean some kind of key-handler registration into the GUI?
21:02:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:02:54kugelsomething like that, yes
21:02:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:04:03kugellike this "case: ACTION_WPSFM_SEEK_FWD { media_screens[curr_screen]->seek_forward() }", which would scan for FM and seek for WPS
21:04:24kugelJdGordon: I also mean combining the contexts then
21:05:39kugelbertrik: the screen api is a giant struct containing function pointers, which point to different functions for [SCREEN_MAIN] and [SCREEN_REMOTE]
21:06:27 Quit dmb_ (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
21:07:13 Join dmb_ [0] (
21:07:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:07:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:08:23JdGordon|kugel: yeah, thats overkill... especially when there might be no way to logically map all the required functions on one screen with the optional ones on another
21:08:39 Join raphi [0] (
21:08:42kugelhow's that overkill?
21:09:04 Join schrottplatz [0] (
21:09:37 Join Horscht [0] (n=Horscht@xbmc/user/horscht)
21:10:32JdGordon|heck, I dont even understand what you're trying to do there... just remember the entire screen logic except for the actual drawing is going to be different so keeping them seperate is a good didea
21:11:49pixelmawill that make one big action context (with later use in one big loop? Just asking because of possible overlap of actions
21:11:53bertrikI would do one thing at a time, not try to create a WFMS and overhauling the entire key handling at the same time
21:12:15pixelmathat's a question out of curiosity, only halfway thought through
21:12:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:12:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:13:05*JdGordon| *strongly* recommends not trying to combine the key contexts
21:17:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:17:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:19:46archivatorOut of curiosity, is there a list of (new) plugins in FS? I've found quite a few now and thought a wiki page might be in order. Couldn't find any, though
21:21:53Lloreanarchivator: Flyspray's for submitting patches for consideration for inclusion. A list of the ones that happen to be plugins won't really improve the process, I think
21:22:32 Quit nibbler (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
21:22:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:22:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:24:56archivatorLlorean: you have a point, sure. I'd think that bringing these plugins to the users' attention (thus giving more feedback to the developers) might actually speed up the process. I realize that the majority uses the official builds but the people who compile their own build might appreciate it. I can't see it doing any harm, anyway..
21:26:49Lloreanarchivator: What the process needs are programmers willing to take the time to find out what's holding their plugin back, and put a dedicated effort into correcting the problem.
21:27:24LloreanMost things on the tracker are there either because of a lack of interest from someone to put in the work, or nobody with the time / inclination to review and commit it.
21:27:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:27:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:28:00LloreanIf someone's actively working on it, they can create a test build with a list of things for people to test, for example.
21:28:50LloreanA wiki page of "plugins in the tracker" just means something else in our wiki that's likely to contain outdated information, or manage to confuse new users as to what's actually available and what's not, I think.
21:29:28 Join nibbler [0] (
21:29:43domonokyarchivator: you also can just search FS with category set to "plugins" (and maybe "games") to get a list of plugins in FS.
21:30:05archivatorLlorean: As a developer of a plugin still in FS (FS #10065 for anyone that's interested), I feel that more user feedback - aside from programming advice from devs - is needed. Any and all ways to help more people test my work will be greatly appreciated. I just thought this could be a good starting point,
21:30:06 Quit kugel (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
21:30:25Lloreanarchivator: Wouldn't the ideal way to get user feedback be to actually provide test builds?
21:30:55archivatordomonoky: not every patch is a plugin - quite a lot of rework, refactoring, bug fixes and whatnot.
21:31:34Lloreanarchivator: Anyone who can find the wiki page can also set the search to "patches" or "plugins" and see what's interesting there.
21:32:06LloreanIt's just as easy for us to tell someone "go to <plugin patch wiki page>" as to say "go to Flyspray and set it to the plugins category"
21:32:21LloreanAnd the search will remain accurate, a plus I think.
21:32:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:32:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:33:35archivatorLlorean: sure, perhaps. Though, take my plugin. It changes the plugin API, so distributing just a .rock is out of the question. I'd need to have builds for every target requested. Against which revision, though? People running a stable build would (I think) rather have a build against the last stable build. People running daily builds might want one against HEAD. And so on and so forth..
21:33:49 Join SirFunk_ [0] (
21:34:14Lloreanarchivator: And all testing should be against a known SVN revision anyway, so you can rule out SVN bugs.
21:34:29LloreanIf someone tested against 3.2 and it didn't work, the first thing you'd say would be "could you verify it has that problem in current SVN?"
21:34:51LloreanPeople who want badly to stick with 3.2 aren't going to be compiling their own builds anyway.
21:35:10archivatorThat's why I'm distributing my own builds, remember?
21:35:26archivatorThat is, a 3.2 build with my plugin, in this instance.
21:35:45LloreanSo what, exactly, is the problem?
21:36:12archivatorMy point is, we need to cover lots of use cases (in terms of versions, mainly) to lower the user entry bar significantly enough to matter.
21:36:26LloreanBut the wiki page doesn't do that at all
21:36:55archivatorSure, consider it out of the discussion. It's a bad idea and I see that now.
21:36:57LloreanThe content of your proposed wiki page can be duplicated by a single search of flyspray with the category set to "plugins", anyway, so it's 100% redundant.
21:36:57 Quit Thundercloud (Read error: 104 (Connection reset by peer))
21:37:18LloreanSo what's your proposition then?
21:37:44 Quit blithe (Client Quit)
21:37:55 Join blithe [0] (
21:40:33 Join firedix [0] (n=firedix@
21:40:41 Join Hillshum [0] (n=chatzill@unaffiliated/hillshum)
21:40:49 Join lee-qid [0] (
21:40:51archivatorRight now, I'm trying to spark a discussion. My only proposition is on the verge of insanity/unmaintainability anyway. We *could* in theory have the build server compile builds with a certain patch from FS (after the patch's developer requests that and is backed up by staff member). That's the only thing I can come up with right now that will make a difference and it is almost infeasible.. Sorry 'bout that.
21:41:57 Part lee-qid
21:42:27LloreanWhy would the build server need to do it?
21:44:10rasherIt's not like you need to track SVN for every revision with these builds
21:44:17domonokyarchivator: take a look a tools/release/ to build a series of rockbox binarys for many different targets easily.
21:46:06archivatorLlorean, rasher : right, didn't think that through. How about an officially "supported" (endorsed, really) centralized location where developers would upload their builds (optionally, users would request certain builds)?
21:46:47JdGordon|we now have that
21:46:53JdGordon|the official test builds forum
21:47:23JdGordon|but users dont care about testing builds
21:47:35Hillshumsome do
21:47:37JdGordon|and by users.. i'm including devs also
21:48:24 Quit SirFunk (Connection timed out)
21:48:27archivatorOkay, I feel silly now. Sorry about wasting your time. I honestly don't know how I missed that forum. Really, I'm sorry.
21:48:46JdGordon|you might not be able to post there though...
21:48:58HillshumIt is rather new iirc
21:50:21rasherI just think the community doesn't have enough of the right kind of users
21:50:25 Join jordan` [0] (i=gromit@
21:50:36LloreanJdGordon|: Yes, the ability to start threads there is restricted
21:50:49LloreanBut someone can always start a thread in unsupported builds and request it be moved over.
21:50:52archivatorA link to that forum from the "current build" page wouldn't hurt, too. "There are features we need feedback on and we have prepared builds to help with testing. See here:"
21:54:50HillshumWhen using the native list widget, in a plugin, which keymap is used? The plugin's or the core one?
21:55:49JdGordon|archivator: I dont know if this was mentioed before... having a list of plugins in the wiki also means there is less incentive for the plugin dev to work to get it commited
21:58:31 Quit LambdaCalculus37 (" ajax IRC Client")
21:59:22 Join froggyman [0] (n=47ba40e2@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
21:59:59 Quit SirFunk_ (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
22:00:03 Join SirFunk__ [0] (
22:02:52 Quit archivator ()
22:04:48froggymanwhy does the OF seem to take so long to load? (compared to a hibernated iPod and rockboxed one, both booting into OF
22:09:04 Quit Lear ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.5b5pre/20090509043912]")
22:09:13evilnick_230froggyman: "compared to the hibernated or rockboxed iPod" I don't understand what you mean by that
22:11:42martian67froggyman, the orginal firmware is 1) loaded from the rockbox bootloader 2) is slow to start
22:11:57martian67the OF is almost never down totally
22:12:07martian67so i dont think they focused much on startup time
22:13:39froggymanmartian67: makes sense, i only use the OF for video playback anyways
22:14:33 Quit Hillshum ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.3/2008092417]")
22:25:27 Quit gregzx ("ChatZilla 0.9.84 [Firefox 3.0.10/2009042316]")
22:25:39 Quit miepchen^schlaf (Read error: 113 (No route to host))
22:28:09 Join Thundercloud [0] (
22:31:28 Join _fml [0] (n=4fd3c721@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
22:32:07 Join Hillshum [0] (n=chatzill@unaffiliated/hillshum)
22:32:23_fmlCould anyone help me with this, especially with the second part of the question: What is HAVE_TUNER_PWR_CTRL for? Isn't it tuner driver specific? Or does it depend on the player schematics?
22:34:26 Quit schrottplatz ("o.O")
22:36:52_fmlAnd one more: why is CONFIG_TUNER_XTAL defined in the config-<player>.h and not in the tuner driver's header file?
22:37:35linuxstb_fml: Looking at the code, HAVE_TUNER_PWER_CTRL is used in firmware/drivers/tuners/s1a0903x01.c - so it seems dependent on the player schematics
22:40:00_fmllinuxstb: aha. So the tuner chip might have the capability but it wouldn't be usable because of how it's assembled. Right?
22:41:29_fmlThen the same would apply to XTAL: the frequency generator is a separate chip, and different players might use the same tuner chip with different XTAL's. Ok, now everything makes sense again.
22:42:39linuxstb_fml: Yes, in the case of the S1A0903X01 it seems to be used by various Archos devices, but only the Ondio defines HAVE_TUNER_PWR_CTRL
22:43:06 Join PsiloX [0] (
22:43:09_fmllinuxstb: is it on purpose or just an oversight? :-)
22:43:25*linuxstb has no idea
22:43:42_fmllinuxstb: but IIUC, HAVE_RADIO_REGION shouldn't be dependant on the player, only on the tuner chip.
22:44:05_fml(which it is currently is)
22:44:08 Join miepchen^schlaf [0] (
22:44:16linuxstbI would expect that, but I've never worked with tuners
22:44:35_fmlamiconn: you are the archos wizard. Could you shed some light on the question above?
22:44:49bertrik_fml, the region stuff is a bit of a complex mess right now IMO
22:45:26***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
22:45:48_fmlbertrik: why? This may be true. I've only seen that the setting for the fm region is not protected by HAVE_RADIO_REGION. I'm going to correct that.
22:47:18 Quit Grahack ("Leaving.")
22:48:13bertrik_fml, we have 4 regions now, 2 of which are partially incorrect IMO and each fm chip driver has its own coding for the region properties
22:48:55 Join bluebrother [0] (
22:49:48_fmlbertrik: ok, I see. But what I'm going to change is the frame arond that, so I won't make that ugliness nether better nor worse.
22:50:23pixelmathe OndioFM's can have one of two tuners - the old ones had a Samsung chip like the FM recorders and newer OndioFMs the TEA one as the Irivers (and basically Iaudios...)
22:50:24 Join robin0800 [0] (
22:50:42 Quit pyro_maniac1 ("Leaving.")
22:50:46 Quit raphi ("leaving...")
22:53:07 Quit froggyman ("CGI:IRC")
22:53:11_fmlpixelma: so all the radio capabilities should only be determined at runtime?
22:53:28_fml(not at compile time?)
22:54:25 Quit coney (Read error: 60 (Operation timed out))
22:54:38pixelmasorry, don't know how that works. Is that also important for the radio detection?
22:55:16 Quit bmbl ("Woah!")
22:57:04pixelmaif it was decided at runtime, would that mean a need for two different builds?
22:57:07_fmlpixelma: I don't know. But I assume that if we don't know the tuner at compile time then we can't make any decisions at compile time. So my idea with protecting some options with HAVE_RADIO_REGION might be not sound.
22:58:14 Join froggyman [0] (n=47ba40e2@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
22:58:16pixelmaand I think you can't tell old and new OndioFMs apart for sure from just looking at the case
23:00:54pixelmaeh... I meant "at compiile time" in my previous sentence
23:01:01_fmlpixelma: but OTOH the majority of the players are fixed in that respect. And for Ondio's we'll assume that the region capability is present (which is how it works now IIUC)
23:01:18n1sthere are players wich only differ in the fm tuner but use the same build so they need to detec at runtime, also players where some have no fm tuner
23:01:54pixelmathat too
23:02:59_fmlDon't we have some code that's run once when the player is powered on? The setup code. There we could detect whether the radio is present and what tuner type it uses.
23:03:46*Hillshum isn
23:04:18amiconn_fml: Afaik only the Ondio has tuner power control. It is indeed dependent on the player schematics, but most (all?) newer tuner chips have a deep sleep mode that makes controlling the chip's power unnecessary
23:04:20Hillshumt finding a rockboxiu after building sim. on jaunty
23:04:40linuxstbLook for rockboxui ;)
23:05:20_fmlBut if I understand correctly, now everything is compiled in the assumption of the best possible situation. I.e. the tuner is assumed to be present but the menu entry might be hidden at runtime. Same for the RADIO_REGION: it's assumed that it's present (for Ondio's).
23:05:36amiconnAs pixelma already mentioned, the Ondio exists in various hardware versions which can have two different tuner chips, the old Samsung (which has no deep sleep and hence tuner power is controllable) or the newer Philips TEA5767 (which has deep sleep)
23:05:52HillshumI get this
23:05:59 Quit evilnick_230 (" ajax IRC Client")
23:06:17bertrik_fml, there's firmware/tuner.c which sits between the radio drivers and the more generic radio code in apps/recorder/radio.c
23:06:20amiconnThe same Samsung chip is also used in the FM recorder, but *afaik* power is not controllable there (i.e. the chip will always suck some battery power)
23:06:57linuxstbHillshum: I assume you did a "make" before the "make fullinstall" ?
23:07:09Hillshumlinuxstb: Yes
23:07:24_fmlamiconn: but HAVE_TUNER_PWR_CTRL is defined for many players, not just for Ondio
23:07:40linuxstbHillshum: Which sim? I can test if you want.
23:07:55*Hillshum tries others
23:08:02linuxstbBut I would have expected others to shout if it was a general problem.
23:08:45amiconn_fml: I don't know how it's handled /used on those. Perhaps it controls this tuner deep sleep, in which case all targets with fm tuner except the archos FM recorder should have it defined
23:09:17pixelmahe said Ondio has it defined unlike other Archoses
23:09:24robin0800Hillshum: I think you have to be in sim directory not build for it to work
23:09:48Hillshumit's not in simdisk/ either
23:10:04linuxstbHillshum: Works fine for me.
23:10:16amiconnThis might need some cleanup. Ideally, this macro can be made obsolete
23:10:27linuxstbHillshum: Try running "make bin" again
23:12:07 Quit firedix ("Ex-Chat")
23:14:09 Quit Hillshum ("ChatZilla 0.9.83 [Firefox 3.0.3/2008092417]")
23:22:19Bagder(the sound mail)
23:27:53 Quit perrikwp (" ajax IRC Client")
23:28:09 Join perrikwp [0] (i=18ac0c41@gateway/web/ajax/
23:28:36*froggyman wonders if they mean american football or "regular" football
23:28:37 Join matsl [0] (
23:28:53gevaertsfroggyman: what?
23:29:05froggymanwrong channel, whoops
23:31:53 Nick dmb_ is now known as dmb (
23:31:59 Quit froggyman ("CGI:IRC")
23:39:18 Quit n1s ("Lmnar")
23:44:29 Quit nibbler (Read error: 110 (Connection timed out))
23:46:51JdGordon|so how many targets now have sound and not supported? 5? 6?
23:47:52JdGordon|8 and all the ams targets!
23:48:15 Join stripwax [0] (
23:50:06 Quit _fml ("CGI:IRC (EOF)")
23:50:35 Join webguest [0] (n=8eb14f11@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
23:50:42 Quit webguest (Client Quit)
23:50:49 Join webguest13 [0] (n=8eb14f11@gateway/web/cgi-irc/
23:52:56webguest13I know its not done yet, but has anyone got any themes working for the fuze? or how could I modify an existing say... ipod theme.. or something.. to be used on the fuze?
23:52:59 Quit jfc (Read error: 54 (Connection reset by peer))
23:54:33JdGordon|as with all themes... it depends on the screen size
23:54:42JdGordon|its possible a heap already work fine
23:54:51JdGordon|I dont know what screen the fuze has
23:55:52pixelmaIIRC it's 220x176, so same as the H300 and Ipod Color/Photo
23:58:07 Join jfc [0] (

Previous day | Next day