Previous day | Jump to hour: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next day

Seconds: Show Hide | Joins: Show Hide | View raw
Font: Serif Sans-Serif Monospace | Size: Small Medium Large

Click in the nick column to highlight everything a person has said.
The Logo icon identifies that the person is a core developer (has commit access).

#rockbox log for 2010-06-03

00:02:10 Quit Jerom (Remote host closed the connection)
00:02:35 Quit anewuser (Quit: for SELL 2 by the price of 1 now!)
00:04:03wincent_balinBuschel: I am editing cos_table.c now. You may try and look into the sound quality (pdpod_test.pd uses it, for example, through the osc~ object).
00:08:01bluebroth3rbtw, why do some files end with ~? Is there a reason for that?
00:08:39Buschelwincent_balin: great, my editor will be very thankful :)
00:09:03 Quit pamaury (Quit: exit(rand());)
00:09:44wincent_balinbluebroth3r: Objects ending with ~ work with audio (meaning: not control) signals.
00:10:26funmanlua doesn't have directories functions (like opendir). "Programming in Lua" has a C example but I can't find any licence, only "Copyright XXX - All rights reserved"
00:11:41funman is probably more interesting
00:14:16wincent_balinI would like to double maximal size of an uploadable file in the Wiki. Who do I have to speak to?
00:17:29 Quit bertrik (Quit: De groeten)
00:17:38Buschelgood night guys!
00:17:40 Quit Buschel ()
00:31:00 Quit Zagor_ (Quit: Clint excited)
00:33:02 Quit kugel (Remote host closed the connection)
00:44:48 Quit halmi (Quit: halmi)
00:46:16 Quit ender` (Quit: With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is hard to be sure where they are going to land, and it could be dangerous sitting under them as they fly overhead. -- RFC1925)
01:15:58 Join fdinel [0] (
01:19:08 Quit fdinel (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01:26:14CIA-6New commit by wincent (r26496): pdbox: Syntax cleanup for the cosine table.
01:28:39 Quit DerPapst (Quit: Leaving.)
01:30:51 Quit efyx (Remote host closed the connection)
01:31:08 Join Kitr88 [0] (
01:31:31 Quit S_a_i_n_t ()
01:32:11 Join merbanan [0] (
01:33:37 Quit Kitar|st (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
01:35:40 Quit Kitr88 (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
01:36:50 Part toffe82
01:36:53 Join S_a_i_n_t [0] (S_a_i_n_t@
01:38:32 Join anewuser [0] (anewuser@unaffiliated/anewuser)
01:40:58 Join stripwax [0] (
01:41:21 Join Kitar|st [0] (Kitar_st@
01:42:38 Quit moparx (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
01:45:43 Quit merbanan (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
01:50:06 Quit intrados (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01:53:35 Quit stripwax (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01:58:43***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
02:09:24 Quit guymann (Quit: bye)
02:12:18 Join BHSPitMonkey [0] (~stephen@unaffiliated/bhspitmonkey)
02:22:48 Join puetzk [0] (
02:25:33 Join fdinel [0] (
02:26:51 Quit puetzk (Client Quit)
02:31:07 Join kio [0] (~kio@
02:35:00kiohi, when I mount my sansa_e280v2 on my linux desktop, I can't see the microsdhc card, but when I boot the player, I would see something like <mircoSD1> from the files menu, how can i see that when connecting with the usb? currently I have to take the card out, use the usb controler and copy files there. Many thanks in advance
02:37:36funmanmcuelenaere: FS #11347 - *dir LUA functions
02:38:40funmankio: the OF (Original Firmware) can't read SDHC cards, only SD
02:39:09funmanupdate your build and bootloader so USB connection will run on rockbox, not the OF
02:39:15CIA-6New commit by wincent (r26497): pdbox: Source cleanup. Removed unneeded files.
02:39:21 Quit funman (Quit: free(random());)
02:45:10 Join phanboy4 [0] (
02:45:34 Join hebz0rl [0] (
02:49:10kiook, thanks funman
02:53:42wincent_balinIgnore my last request.
02:59:07CIA-6New commit by jethead71 (r26498): FFT plugin: Use worker thread only on multiprocessor targets.
03:01:03 Quit hebz0rl (Quit: Ex-Chat)
03:13:32 Quit evilnick_B (Quit: Page closed)
03:17:42 Quit steve|m (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
03:28:31 Nick fxb is now known as fxb__ (
03:31:43 Join steve|m [0] (
03:32:05 Quit mc2739 (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
03:37:33Dhraakellianhuzzah. per-track album art does indeed work as expected. now I just need to get that wps made
03:38:53CIA-6New commit by jethead71 (r26499): FFT plugin: give everything in the main file a nice 'static'-ing. Saves approx. 1-3K size depending upon the target and so should speed it up a bit.
03:49:36 Quit MethoS- (Remote host closed the connection)
03:54:42 Join moparx [0] (~moparx@unaffiliated/moparx)
03:55:13 Quit moparx (Remote host closed the connection)
03:58:06 Join moparx [0] (~moparx@unaffiliated/moparx)
03:58:47***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
04:06:16 Quit Don_Roberto (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
04:25:52 Quit kio (*.net *.split)
04:25:52 Quit detaos (*.net *.split)
04:25:53 Quit soap (*.net *.split)
04:25:53 Quit xavieran (*.net *.split)
04:25:53 Quit ThomasAH (*.net *.split)
04:25:53 Quit lostlogic (*.net *.split)
04:28:18 Join kio [0] (~kio@
04:28:18 Join detaos [0] (
04:28:18 Join soap [0] (~soap@rockbox/staff/soap)
04:28:18 Join xavieran [0] (
04:28:18 Join ThomasAH [0] (
04:28:18 Join lostlogic [0] (~lostlogic@rockbox/developer/lostlogic)
04:31:54 Quit TheSeven (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
04:34:22CIA-6New commit by wincent (r26500): pdbox: Added keypad for iPod 1G-4G. Reordered SOURCES alphabetically.
04:35:25 Quit pixelma (Disconnected by services)
04:35:25 Join pixelma_ [0] (quassel@rockbox/staff/pixelma)
04:35:29 Quit amiconn (Disconnected by services)
04:35:31 Join amiconn_ [0] (quassel@rockbox/developer/amiconn)
04:35:45 Nick pixelma_ is now known as pixelma (quassel@rockbox/staff/pixelma)
04:35:53 Nick amiconn_ is now known as amiconn (quassel@rockbox/developer/amiconn)
04:36:44 Join TheSeven [0] (~TheSeven@rockbox/developer/TheSeven)
04:42:48 Join Barahir_ [0] (
04:44:09 Quit Barahir (Read error: Operation timed out)
04:45:44 Join CaptainKwel [0] (
05:01:18 Join sheerz [0] (
05:04:14 Quit Utchybann (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
05:05:51CIA-6New commit by wincent (r26501): pdbox: Added compilation on iPod 1G-4G.
05:09:28 Quit moparx (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
05:19:17 Join Utchybann [0] (
05:27:33S_a_i_n_tIs anyone able to tell me why it is that "make voice" isn't smart enough to do "nothing to be done for `all` "?
05:27:49S_a_i_n_tIt would cut the time of my build script dramatically.
05:28:16CIA-6New commit by wincent (r26502): pdbox: Fixing reds.
05:29:50S_a_i_n_tBecause I mess around with patches quite a lot, my voice files often change so I included building voice files in my build script, but it's kinda annoying when nothing has changed and it still builds voice files anyway.
05:43:39 Join CGL [0] (~CGL@
05:49:09 Quit wincent_balin (Quit: Verlassend)
05:55:17 Quit fdinel (Quit: Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.
05:58:51***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
06:02:15 Quit S_a_i_n_t ()
06:02:27 Join S_a_i_n_t [0] (S_a_i_n_t@
06:04:13 Quit CaptainKwel (Quit: Ex-Chat)
06:11:10 Nick keanu is now known as [keanu] (~keanu@unaffiliated/keanu)
06:11:19 Join puetzk [0] (
06:21:33CIA-6New commit by jethead71 (r26503): FFT plugin: Some speed regulation for too-fast targets. (50FPS)
06:24:12 Join wincent [0] (
06:24:44 Quit wincent (Changing host)
06:24:44 Join wincent [0] (~Miranda@rockbox/developer/wincent)
06:45:13 Quit AlexP (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
06:46:19 Join AlexP [0] (~ap@rockbox/staff/AlexP)
06:48:14 Join LinusN [0] (linus@rockbox/developer/LinusN)
06:51:55 Quit sheerz (Quit: Not again!)
06:52:46 Quit anewuser (Quit: for SELL 2 by the price of 1 now!)
06:54:31 Join Rob2222 [0] (
06:57:12 Quit Rob2223 (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
07:17:22 Join literal [0] (hinrik@
07:18:41literalI'm using the latest rockbox build for the Sansa Clip+ and the "Now Playing" screen looks a bit off. The artist name is a bit too high up, so the top of it is in the yellow area where the song title is.
07:18:58literalCan this be worked around?
07:19:30Unhelpfulliteral: which WPS and font are you using?
07:19:33FlynDiceliteral: go to the theme site and pick another wps
07:20:00literalThis is from a fresh install, no theme settings changed. The font is rockfont, I believe.
07:20:25literalI'll take a look at the theme site.
07:20:56S_a_i_n_tFlynDice: No offence man, but that's hardly a fix.
07:21:25S_a_i_n_tIf Cabbie is broken, it needs fixing.
07:21:39literalYeah, cabbiev2 is the one I'm using.
07:21:48FlynDiceding ding ding I hear a volunteer..!!!
07:22:44Dhraakellianis it possible to do a slider-like progress bar instead of a, well, progressbar-style progress bar?
07:22:50Dhraakellian...if that made any sense whatsoever
07:23:31S_a_i_n_tDhraakellian: Could you clarify that a little please?
07:23:36Dhraakellianan image with a pointer of some sort vs. an image that gets filled up by another image
07:23:42FlynDiceliteral: I can reccomend yellow bar dynamic or DFKT minimum
07:23:53S_a_i_n_tAhhhh, I see. Not with current code.
07:24:09S_a_i_n_tDhraakellian: ^
07:24:20Dhraakellianokay, what I'll probably do is put per-track album art above and/or below the progress bar
07:24:28literalthe screenshot of DFKT minimun looks pretty cramped/crowded
07:24:55literalI like how iPlayer looks, though
07:24:57FlynDiceI changed to a different font & lke it very much
07:25:05FlynDicelike it even
07:26:58S_a_i_n_tliteral: Can you please send me a screenshot of the busted WPS?
07:27:06S_a_i_n_tdo you know how to enable screendump?
07:27:16S_a_i_n_t(in the debug menu)
07:27:52literalOk, enabled. How do I take a screenshot?
07:27:57S_a_i_n_tgo to debug, screendump, enable it, then plug in the dock connector.
07:28:20S_a_i_n_tit will dump an image, retrieve it from the root of the player and post it somewhere
07:28:32S_a_i_n_tit will help me to adjust what needs adjusting.
07:28:57S_a_i_n_t(I suggest
07:29:02literalOf course.
07:29:31literalOh well, the original firmware wants to update its DB first...
07:29:55S_a_i_n_tMake sure to turn screendump off when you're finished to avoid all sorts of pissing yourself off if you happen to forget about it :P
07:30:31*S_a_i_n_t does that all the time and is like "Dammit, why. wont. you. mount!"
07:30:35literalis there some trick to circumvent the DB update on the original firmware, since I'm not using it anymore?
07:30:57 Join Draftman [0] (~draft2008@
07:31:08FlynDiceremove uSD card
07:31:20Draftmanwhos there?
07:31:41S_a_i_n_tDraftman: If you have a question, just ask it.
07:31:55S_a_i_n_tliteral: Thanks, it will be a big help.
07:32:07S_a_i_n_tI will do the work on the WPS sometime tonight.
07:32:11Draftmanmm, is a channel of questions and answers, right?
07:32:37S_a_i_n_tDraftman: About Rockbox, yes.
07:32:38*Dhraakellian also wonders whether it'd be possible to display regular album art (eg. folder.jpg) alongside per-track album art (220x5 moodbar bmp)
07:32:47*Dhraakellian just needs to read the wps page, probably
07:33:17S_a_i_n_tDhraakellian: IIRC, it isn't possible.
07:33:45Dhraakellianhmm... how about multiple copies of the same albumart?
07:33:46 Part Draftman
07:33:48literalS_a_i_n_t: some other themes also include bits which cross the blue/yellow boundary, but I guess that's to be expected? i.e. they're not all designed with the Clip+ in mind...
07:34:02S_a_i_n_tIt will only allow one instance of AA, though you can display it multiple times has to be the same image.
07:34:11S_a_i_n_t(from my experiments at least)
07:34:19Dhraakellianbecause that would affect how big I render stuff
07:35:32S_a_i_n_tliteral: Other themes I don;t really care about to be honest, it'd be up to the author to update them...but the fact that CabbieV2 is the "face" of Rockbox (the default theme), it needs to be fixed.
07:35:46literalI see
07:38:05FlynDiceS_a_i_n_t: Be sure to check your changes with clipv1/v2. Cabbie may display correctly on those. I don't have one of those so I can't check....
07:39:27S_a_i_n_tHmmm, they have the same screen size yes? I think the themesite needs to be sorted by target rather than screensize.
07:40:06S_a_i_n_tI mean, I know it *is* sorted by target, but themes that have the same dimensions end up in targets not intended for them's kinda stupid.
07:43:54S_a_i_n_tPerhaps that could be a (rather late I know) additional topic for DevCon.
07:44:34S_a_i_n_tI know the theme site will be discussed re: Skin Break Branch stuff & what to do about it and RButil etc.
07:45:32S_a_i_n_tSo, grouping of the themes would be able to be discussed also I'msure. The current method works, but not very well now that there are multiple targets sharing the same screen dimensions.
07:46:02literalIs it possible to somehow exclude audiobooks/podcasts? Like, say, if I want to play a random music track, I go to Database->Artist->Random or something, but that includes audiobooks and podcasts too...
07:46:18bieberI'm wondering what everyone would like to see from the Theme Editor in terms of syntax highlighting?
07:46:37S_a_i_n_tliteral: Make a playlist manually.
07:46:55S_a_i_n_tthat would be the easiest way IIUC
07:47:36literalI see there's something there called "Custom view", how does that work? Nothing happens if I select it
07:47:57literalWould be great if I could specify something like "where genre != soundtrack && genre != podcast"
07:47:57S_a_i_n_tbieber: (IMO) Tags one colour, seperators another, containers for conditionals another...?
07:48:17bieberWhen you say containers, you mean the <>?
07:48:34S_a_i_n_tliteral: Custom View is for a custom tagnavi config file IIRC
07:48:45S_a_i_n_tSee the wiki re: tagnavi.custom
07:49:00S_a_i_n_tbieber: Yep
07:49:14bieberI've also considered highlighting the contents of conditionals: would that interest you, or do you think it would just get in the way?
07:49:37S_a_i_n_tHmmmm, nah. I think it would look weird.
07:49:53S_a_i_n_tI'd just like to see the containers, seperators, and tags clearly.
07:50:01literalThe wiki has no "tagnavi" or "tagnavi.custom" articles
07:50:15S_a_i_n_tliteral: One sec, I'll find it for you.
07:50:17bieberAnd then to make things a little more ridiculous, I've been thinking about making conditional interiors highlighted one color, and then darkening the color each time you get into another nested conditional :P
07:50:54bieberRealistically, though, I'm thinking just highlighting key elements will work better
07:51:06S_a_i_n_tHmmmmm, I guess a nested conditional needs to be highlighted seperately from a conditional...correct.
07:51:21S_a_i_n_tI wouldn;t say ridiculous...but, it's your party ;)
07:52:08literalS_a_i_n_t: you mean this?
07:53:22S_a_i_n_tI *think* that may be it.
07:53:53S_a_i_n_tit's been a while since I looked at it. I seem to remember there being a seperate page for tagnavi.custom though...which included examples.
07:54:26S_a_i_n_tyeah, that's the one.
07:54:37S_a_i_n_tLook further toward the bottom.
07:54:46 Join funman [0] (~fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
07:55:06funmanFlynDice: all clip screens are the same (2 pixels separation between blue & yellow)
07:55:08S_a_i_n_tthere is even an example that seperates podcasts...isn;t that what you wanted? Or did you want everything *but* podcasts?
07:55:41S_a_i_n_tfunman: Do they all use the same WPS?
07:55:43S_a_i_n_tI assume so?
07:55:44funmanS_a_i_n_t: check with pixelma before making cabbie changes, i think the 128x64x1 version is used on other targets.
07:55:51literalEverything except audiobooks and podcasts. I.e. music.
07:56:01funmanafaik yes WPS selection is only based on screen size/depth
07:56:13literalRegarding the ReplayGain settings, there's "Track gain", "Album gain" and "Track gain if shuffling". Why no "Track gain when shuffling, album gain otherwise" ?
07:56:37FlynDicefunman: So cabbie displays the ame on clipv1/v2 with the line through the tops of the letters?
07:56:42S_a_i_n_tliteral: Because noone has implemented it? ;)
07:56:51S_a_i_n_tyou're free to submit a patch ;)
07:57:04literalI'll see what I can do.
07:57:09literalC code?
07:57:27funmani think it's only one pixel off
07:57:48 Quit Horscht (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
07:57:54 Quit saratoga (Quit: Page closed)
07:58:05S_a_i_n_tfunman: Looks to be two px off to me, but I don't even know if it supports viewports or not.
07:58:27S_a_i_n_tI'm not at my dev-PC at the moment, I can't check it until later tonight
07:58:53***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
07:59:02bieber You've gotta be kidding me. Qt actually has a syntax highlighter class
07:59:07S_a_i_n_tit may need to skip a whole line to fix it with the current WPS code, or be converted to viewport. (which is the eventual intention)
07:59:13literalSoooo...where's the code repository?
08:00:08pixelmafunman, S_a_i_n_t: yes and no for SVN WPSs. There you have the possibikity to add a "-target" to the screen size parameters in the name - and this is actually done for the Clip. Monochrome screens support viewports
08:00:11literalAh, git://
08:00:30pixelmapossibility too
08:01:01 Join Horscht [0] (~Horscht2@xbmc/user/horscht)
08:01:22S_a_i_n_tpixelma: So, it should only be the clip/+ with this error?
08:01:34S_a_i_n_tI don;t have the I can't check it., they all would have the same error if they use the same WPS *duh*
08:02:20pixelmaI didn't see the start of the discussion
08:02:23S_a_i_n_t(don;t mind me)
08:02:51S_a_i_n_tthe track title is halfway in the yellow, halfway in the blue
08:02:56funmanS_a_i_n_t: the sim should reflect the screen accurately
08:03:07S_a_i_n_tI need to drop it down at least 2px to make it work right.
08:03:12 Join Zigtown [0] (
08:03:23pixelmaand that's with the included cabbiev2?
08:03:35JdGordonbieber: that sounds like a good thing? :D
08:03:43JdGordoncan you add line numbers to the text box?
08:03:45bieberIt's an amazingly good thing
08:04:26pixelmaI remember that bertrik made a version especially for the clip, so I can't imagine that... maybe he chose a different font (size)?
08:04:39bieberAnd yeah, I'll do that too. I'll see if my luck continues and I can find an enableLineNumbering() function or somesuch
08:04:50S_a_i_n_tliteral: Are you using the default font?
08:04:56funmanpixelma: nope it's how cabbiev2 looks like on clips, grep CLIP /wps shows nothing
08:05:15 Quit xavieran (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
08:05:30S_a_i_n_tfunman: So it *is* the same on yours?
08:05:31funmani do'nt think fonts change this because the still text starts from the same line
08:05:39S_a_i_n_thalf yellow/half blue?
08:05:46literalS_a_i_n_t: Yeah, rockfont
08:05:50pixelmamaybe the target rename broke it...
08:05:58funmanhm perhaps it works on clipv1 then
08:06:27S_a_i_n_tWell, I'll submit a change later on tonight and someone can review it...
08:06:40S_a_i_n_t(unless it's just a simple matter of renaming things)
08:06:42pixelmathe WPS is there
08:07:24funmaniiuc we just need to copy it for clipv2/clip+
08:07:47S_a_i_n_tFrom what I can see, dropping the track info viewport down by 2px will fix it up nicely
08:08:02pixelmafunman: if you understand perl, maybe you can fix the so the right version will be included
08:08:07S_a_i_n_tbut again, if it was just a rename that broke's even easier.
08:08:58funmanit looks fine in clipv1 sim, testing clipv2..
08:09:31pixelmaS_a_i_n_t: there is a WPS in SVN that is made especially for the Clip's screen and does not have to be changed. It seems that the problem is that the Ckip+ and Clipv2 don't include the right version
08:10:33ranmafunman: I got the bench result, 6h (down from 9h), but that might be because the lcd hung and I didn't want to abort the bench so I left it running anyway. Currently recharging.
08:11:16funmanranma: thanks, got your email; fuzev1 is still running I should have the results in 2 hours or alike
08:11:17bieberJdGordon: It looks like line numbers are doable, but something of a pain, so I'll probably do it towards the end of my work on the GUI after everything else is functional
08:11:35literalHm, does Rockbox not support variable playback speed like the Clip+'s original firmware?
08:11:50literalFor audiobooks and such
08:11:57S_a_i_n_tpixelma: Do you think there is a need for rearranging the themesite to sort by target name only (this would fix themes with the same screen dimensions ending up in target categories they were not necessarily intended for).
08:12:19S_a_i_n_tliteral: Check "Pitch Screen" in the manual
08:12:28pixelmathere is a pitch and a timestretch option (the latter needs to be enabled befor though)
08:12:35S_a_i_n_tnot sure if it is implemented for that target or not though.
08:12:51S_a_i_n_tbut rockbox *does* support variable pitch/speed.
08:13:01FlynDiceliteral: yes pitch screen is present in clip+
08:15:42S_a_i_n_tfunman: Why on earth doesn't the ClipV2 use the same version as the Clip?
08:15:51S_a_i_n_tthe V2's WPS is AWFUL
08:16:15S_a_i_n_tClip's looks *way* better IMO
08:16:57funmanS_a_i_n_t: selection of clipv1 wps is made by target name
08:17:31pixelmaS_a_i_n_t: I wouldn't like limiting to only the target it was submitted for. If it works on different ones it gives a better selection - but there needs to be at least one more must have limit currently not there and I can see how some solution to limit the Clips' selection could be useful (but all those will work on other 128x64x1 screens without the gap)
08:17:33literalWhere do I find the Pitch screen? I enabled Timestretch and rebooted, and I can't find it...
08:17:56S_a_i_n_tWell, if they all have that blue/yellow thing...and all have the same dimensions (which they do) they should all use the WPS that the Clip is using in the image you linked me.
08:18:01S_a_i_n_tit's a LOT betetr
08:18:11funmanS_a_i_n_t: well yeah we were just hit by a bug report ;)
08:18:15S_a_i_n_tliteral: Context menu
08:18:26 Join xavieran [0] (
08:18:44S_a_i_n_tfunman: Like, right then?
08:19:09literalS_a_i_n_t: Ah, I was unaware of the Context menu
08:19:56pixelmathe Clipv2/+ is using the "plain" cabbiev2 128x64x1 version that is actually made for the Iriver lcd remotes
08:21:02pixelmaand works there with a larger font (Helvetica at 12 px tall or so) because you had to use the same font on main screen and remote
08:22:08funmanbut now we could use a 8px font ?
08:23:09pixelmamultifont lets you chose different fonts for remote and main screen (and even some per WPS)
08:23:23funmanit'd be simpler to adapt the iriver remote wps so it looks fine on clips and not use target selection
08:24:31funmaneven just copy the current clip wps
08:25:19pixelmabut I guess it needs adapting of some script too... the one that builds the .cfg is probably not set up for remote default fonts
08:26:31pixelmait would also be nice if the Clips' version could get the inverted style icons as I did for the MRobe100 - and then Clip and Iriver remotes will differ again
08:27:18funmanpixelma: remote font is hardcoded in WPSLIST
08:29:16CIA-6New commit by bluebrother (r26504): Fix global proxy getting set too late. ...
08:29:50JdGordonpixelma: I was going to look into fixing the script today thanks to haveing a working clip+ again...
08:30:20pixelmafunman: that's been there for a long time but I'm not sure if it works
08:30:28pixelmaJdGordon: nice :)
08:30:56JdGordonalthough I vagualy remember how scary it is so dont expect much :
08:31:09funman <- there's something wrong with the time display
08:31:12JdGordonwhy does the clip not go back to the menu with the home button in the fm screen?
08:31:22funmanJdGordon: because you didn't fix the keymap
08:31:44JdGordonfunman: viewports being clipped
08:32:00funmanare rwps & wps being treated differently ?
08:32:05*pixelma sometimes wished she had an Iaudio remote to test some of these things directly - if it just wasn't so expensive (and still available...)
08:32:44JdGordonfunman: ?
08:32:49funmanpixelma: if it's expensive there's the rockbox fund
08:33:12funmanJdGordon: i just copied the clip(v1) wps over the default 128x64x1 wps, which is used as the iriver remote wps
08:33:42pixelmafunman: RWPSs just get a .rwps extension during inclusion
08:33:51funmanhmm i guess font selection didn't work as i wanted
08:36:27 Join ssorgatem [0] (~ssorgatem@
08:37:25ssorgatempdbox doesn't build with arm-eabi toolchain
08:39:34funmanJdGordon: can we specify a wps font & another rwps font in .cfg file?
08:40:15JdGordonlemme check, I cant remember
08:40:42JdGordon"remote font" should be the setting
08:40:47pixelmaI think a differing default font for both would be better
08:42:34pixelmaon remote targets you'll get a selection "Main Screen" or "Remote Screen" if you select a font now
08:43:11funmanhm that goes in config.cfg not cabbiev2.cfg
08:43:17literalis it appropriate to submit feature requests to the bug tracker?
08:43:27funmanliteral: no i think you should use the forum
08:43:43JdGordoncan someone change their flyspray timezone (in the user settings) and tell me if the times on tasks are all completly wrong after doing that?
08:45:26literallooks like my feature is already implemented, just not very clear in the UI
08:46:29 Quit CGL (Remote host closed the connection)
08:47:07 Join ender` [0] (
08:47:48 Join flydutch [0] (
08:49:26 Join Zagor_ [0] (~bjst@
08:50:42 Join bmbl [0] (~Miranda@unaffiliated/bmbl)
08:54:36literalhm, "Show Track info" in the context menu has less information than the Clip+'s original firmware
08:54:57literalcodec and ID3 tag version, and the filesize
08:57:06literalnot a big deal though
08:57:14JdGordonthat screen shows only the info which the track has
08:57:25literalit also shows the filename
08:57:35S_a_i_n_tWell, Rockbox isn't the original formware...making comparisons between the two is kinda silly.
08:57:41literalso I don't see why it couldn't show filesize
08:58:10literalS_a_i_n_t: there's no reason that Rockbox couldn't be better than the original in every way, though :)
08:58:18S_a_i_n_tIt does, just not where you're looking.
08:58:56S_a_i_n_tfilesize has nothing to do with track info, "properties" in the flietree context menu is where you should be looking.
08:59:17S_a_i_n_tliteral: "better" is entirely subjective
08:59:49literalI just found something that *is* a big deal, though. The sound quality is worse. I hear faint crackling when listening to music which plays perfectly on the original firmware.
09:00:16S_a_i_n_tRockbox != The original firmware!!!
09:00:22GodEateryay, time for another "Rockbox sounds like a BAG OF SHIT!!!!" discussion
09:00:36GodEaterwhat is we usually suggest here? RMA?
09:00:39S_a_i_n_tand never claims to be "better" than it, it is just an alternate firmware.
09:00:45literalS_a_i_n_t: What's your point? Isn't it still a goal of Rockbox to play music well?
09:00:48S_a_i_n_tBetter or worse is entirely subjective
09:00:59GodEaterS_a_i_n_t: not true
09:01:16GodEaterwe *do* strive to be as good as or better than the OF
09:01:21literalI'm not saying "Rockbox should do this because the original firmware does". I'm saying Rockbox should have good sound quality because that's what any firmware should offer, if possible...
09:01:28S_a_i_n_tit is mans better is another mans worse.
09:01:41GodEaterhowever the Clip+ port is extremely juvenile still, so I wouldn't expect it to be perfect yet
09:01:53literalThe crackling seems to be mostly in the left channel
09:02:02GodEatersee previous comment
09:02:03funmanah doesn't create/modify the .cfg for rwps
09:02:51Zagor_literal: is the crackling more or less audible in different tracks? at different volumes?
09:03:04Zagor_is it audible while paused?
09:03:59literalNot while paused. Heavy bass seems to trigger it.
09:04:19GodEaterliteral: could you post results from RMAA playing the same track in both firmwares?
09:05:02literalUh, sure. How does one do that?
09:05:12 Join GeekShadow [0] (~Antoine@reactos/tester/GeekShadow)
09:05:33GodEaterI think this is the tool we generally ask people to use when there are issues around sound quality
09:05:42GodEaterit makes the test objective at least
09:05:42 Join petur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
09:07:33 Join p3tur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
09:08:02JdGordonpixelma: funman: as a simple quick fix for 3.6 we could just make a copy of the clip.wps for the v2 and plus
09:08:17pixelmafunman, JdGordon: the quickest fix... or hackaround would be to copy... what he said ;)
09:08:20funmanJdGordon: no problem since no clip is stable
09:08:37pixelmanot nice wrt maintainability later though
09:09:18funmani can make the perl script put a 'remote font:' in theme.cfg but it's not loaded
09:10:22pixelmait would need to be in the config.cfg if it has to be available at boot (for the default theme)
09:10:35 Quit petur (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
09:10:40funman <- cfg
09:11:14JdGordonwhich target is that for?
09:11:25funmaniriver h12*0
09:12:02funmanwhere is default font hardcoded then ?
09:12:28literalhere is someone who seems to be experiencing the same sound quality problem:
09:12:51literalso it may have degraded sometime around revision 26380
09:12:52 Nick p3tur is now known as petur (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
09:14:59GodEaterthat doesn't tell us which release had brilliant sound though
09:15:16 Quit tchan (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
09:15:23 Join B4gder [0] (~daniel@rockbox/developer/bagder)
09:15:39literalGodEater: a few comments down he says that r26177 sounded brilliantly
09:15:42GodEateralso, "sound quality has degraded and sounds a bit distorted" doesn't say "There's crackling in the left channel" to me - it's extremely vague
09:15:59GodEaterso someone could then do a binary search to work out when the change happened?
09:16:10GodEaterwhich would tell us what the change was...
09:16:28 Join tchan [0] (~tchan@lunar-linux/developer/tchan)
09:16:33JdGordonwho knows genlang?
09:16:33literaldoes only have the three last daily builds?
09:16:53GodEaterwe never recommend using daily builds anyway
09:16:59GodEaterso it wouldn't surprise me if we only kept three
09:17:09funman - how does that look ?
09:17:28JdGordonlike crap :)
09:17:57funmanperhaps because of missing tags
09:19:13pixelmaGodEater: we once kept one month, and I do think three is not enough (as you could see with the manuals yesterday)
09:19:56GodEaterpixelma: I don't claim to be an expert on how many we keep, since I never use them :)
09:19:59 Quit puetzk (Quit: puetzk)
09:20:30funmanJdGordon: (edited), can you comment on the settings_list change ?
09:21:11S_a_i_n_tIf I wanted to disable "shutdown on long play" for the iPods....what do I need to change in the keymaps?
09:21:19 Quit Zigtown (Remote host closed the connection)
09:21:24JdGordonfunman: looks fine
09:21:27pixelmausually I don't use them either but it would sometimes be nice to be able going back in history a little bit further as it sometimes takes a while to discover bugs
09:21:35funmanperhaps i need not to remove the rwps font = 12-helvetica for iaudios & mrobe
09:21:40pixelmaGodEater: ^^
09:21:45GodEaterpixelma: well surely you can always build your own?
09:22:02pixelmaI can but not everyone
09:22:09pixelmawell, not easily
09:23:44pixelmafunman: I'd still prefer if the script would be fixed for the other Clips too (as they also have an "inverted" display compared to the usual monochrome remotes)
09:23:57funmanpixelma: what's wrong with that?
09:24:06funmanthe wps hasn't changed in 1 year or so
09:24:38funman(and it's fine for me)
09:25:45pixelmathe bitmaps should actually look a bit different to look like "light is coming from top". There was a change I did for the also inverted MRobe100 display, let me see if I can find the task in the tracker with comparison screen shot
09:26:05funmanI can commit the change for setting rwps default font (only setting it for <= 64 remote height without touching the wps themselves
09:26:59pixelmait's also giving more independence between Clips and Iriver remotes in case things change later
09:27:32funmanindependance = duplication so IMO it's not a good thing unless needed
09:28:21 Join puetzk [0] (
09:30:01 Join TopyMobile [0] (
09:30:05CIA-6New commit by funman (r26505): Use a different remote font than the main LCD font ...
09:31:11pixelmaindependence is not the same as duplication
09:31:27pixelmait's more control if things should differ a bit
09:32:23funmanif they should, we can do it
09:32:52JdGordonI've been wantintg to fix the wps script to let you do proper target selection like the .lang files for ages.... my perl isnt really good enough though
09:33:08JdGordontrying to figure out what to copy from buildlang to make it work
09:33:19pixelmaI wouldn't want three versions of the Clip variant in SVN - but one Clip and one Iriver remote. I don't like the fact that you just changed the looks for Iriver remote owners just to fix the Clipv2 and Clip+
09:33:24S_a_i_n_twhat do I need to change in "keymap-ipod.c" to disable "shutdown on lang play"?
09:33:31funmanpixelma: what about adding some spacing to the iriver rwps so it looks fine on clip (and on iriver) ?
09:33:54funmanpixelma: doesn't fix anything on clip
09:33:57S_a_i_n_tCan it be done, or is it hard coded?
09:34:20funman08:40 < pixelma> I think a differing default font for both would be better
09:34:54funmansorry if i misunderstood that as 'using 8px font on iriver remote would be good'
09:35:38JdGordonS_a_i_n_t: I think that might be very hardcoded... not sure if it is possible to disable
09:35:57pixelmayes, because you talked about WPS fonts.. ;) And yes, making the use of different fonts actually possible is good. I didn't want to say that this is the solution for cabbiev2
09:36:28funmanwell then i dunno
09:36:57S_a_i_n_tJdGordon: Blargh...I wanted to disable it so I could use "shutdown" in the main menu, and then in turn use long-play as a sort of "psuedo-stop".
09:37:23funmanlet me try to tweak the iriver rwps and show you beautiful screenshots ;)
09:37:46LloreanS_a_i_n_t: pseudo stop?
09:37:49S_a_i_n_tI often use long play to stop playback completely, but it's a fine line between stop playback/turn the player off...which is annoying.
09:38:10*Llorean has never had trouble stopping without shutting down on his Nano
09:38:36S_a_i_n_tLlorean: there is no "stop" button for the iPods, other than holding long play for "not *quite* long enough to shut the player down"
09:38:38LloreanThough this was primarily a 1g
09:38:48LloreanS_a_i_n_t: Yes, but that wouldn't be "pseudo" which is why I was asking.
09:39:00CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26506): Theme Editor: Added syntax highlighting
09:39:04pixelmafunman: and for an explanation what I mean with the difference between bitmaps if they should look a bit 3D-y
09:39:09JdGordonI cant say I've ever had issues with stopping on my mini2g, although I do admit i usually pause and let shutdown timer turn the thing off
09:39:10S_a_i_n_tWell, yeah...not the best wording I guess.
09:39:25pixelmafunman: between normal and inverted display
09:39:44LloreanS_a_i_n_t: If you have "fade on stop" enabled, you may be holding stop longer than you actually need to
09:39:50S_a_i_n_tI just *really* want long-play to *not* shut down the player...but I don't even know where to start.
09:39:54LloreanBy the time you hear it stopping, you've held it down quite a bit too long with fade, often enough
09:40:01S_a_i_n_tIt doesn't appear to be in the keymaps.
09:40:08JdGordonbieber: AWESOME! I'm not a fan of the comment green.. but DAMN!
09:40:22funmanpixelma: not sure i notice any difference
09:40:25bieberYeah, colors are COMPLETELY provisional
09:40:44S_a_i_n_tLlorean: Which "stop" button are you reffering to? ;)
09:40:46bieberI just threw some values in there to test it out with. Everything looking okay so far, other than color choice? :)
09:41:11JdGordonI think so
09:41:24pixelmafunman: look at the bars - on the inverted display of the MRobe, the dark part (the "shadow") is now on the bottom side - compare to the Clip currently
09:41:32funmanwould you do me a favor and tell me where can i find wps tags description?
09:41:47LloreanS_a_i_n_t: the only one the iPod has, long play
09:42:10funmanpixelma: ah so you'd invert all the image?
09:42:12LloreanYou'll not I didn't say "the stop button" but rather just "stop" referring to the function. :-P
09:42:16S_a_i_n_tI 'd always assumed that was a side effect, as far as I's not doccumented.
09:42:43LloreanWhat's a side effect?
09:42:54JdGordonbieber: it doesnt auto update the tree anymore with text?
09:42:57LloreanStopping playback on long-play is intentional. I could've sworn it was documented in the past.
09:43:06S_a_i_n_t"stopping playback"
09:43:10pixelmafunman: it's not a simple inverting of the images.... and CustomWPS in the wiki is probably the most up-to-date
09:43:16S_a_i_n_tI don't *think* it's in the manual.
09:43:22bieberJdGordon: It should still auto-update, but only when you have a valid parse tree
09:43:30bieberIf it doesn't update, it means it's not parsing right
09:44:04JdGordoncool, I was going to ask if it was possible to show the area where it stops parseing if there is a error?
09:44:07pixelmafunman: or the source otherwise (there is one file which has them in a list more or less, I always forget its name)
09:44:21LloreanS_a_i_n_t: See page 25 of the iPod Nano G1 manual
09:45:26pixelmamanuals available again? Nice :)
09:45:58bieberOnce I get the rest of the GUI together, I'm going to rework the error function to allow it to change the stream it sends errors to, so I can capture the messages and highlight an error'd out line
09:46:56JdGordonhow far is the gui going to go? I cant remember if the final goal was a output window also?
09:47:38 Join DerPapst [0] (
09:47:41 Join lpereira [0] (
09:48:40 Join einhirn [0] (
09:49:41bieberYes, there will be an output window
09:50:32bieberI should be finished with the skeleton of the GUI about a week from today, and that should have a file browser, text edit area, parse tree view, and an output pane
09:50:44bieberBut the output pane won't be functional yet, of course
09:50:49funmanI just moved the tag info vp 2 px down and added the Next tag
09:51:14pixelmafunman: better, I'd still like to see the script fixed too though
09:51:23funmanwhat do you mean?
09:51:29 Join Rob2223 [0] (
09:52:50 Quit TopyMobile (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
09:54:10pixelmathat somewps-128x64x1-sansaclip.wps would also be used for Clipv2 and Clip+. I won't object to changing the usual 128x64x1 version now, added next track info is a valuable information...
09:54:27funmanpixelma: well i would want to just remove sansaclip.wps and use the iriver wps
09:54:32 Quit puetzk (Quit: puetzk)
09:54:50funmanthe screenshots show the (modified) iriver wps
09:55:03 Quit Rob2222 (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
09:55:21funmanif the iriver screenshot is good for you i guess it's ok
09:55:52pixelmaalthough one can ask now why this one now differs that much from the Archos variant which is same height.
09:56:11JdGordonbecause of the yellow
09:56:29pixelmabefore this we had the font size excuse
09:56:32funmanperhaps i'm trying to enlarge the progress bar to 8 pixels
09:56:48pixelmawell, the Iriver remote doesn't have the yellow
09:57:05funmandifferent font? i don't know how the archos look
09:57:52 Join efyx [0] (
09:58:10JdGordonthe issue used to be that the iriver main screen used a bigger font which wasnt usable on the archos
09:58:24pixelmaI mean: before your change today we used a different font for the Iriver remote (because it wasn't possible when cabbiev2 was created to use something else than the main screen)
09:58:26JdGordonnow we can use multifont or 2 seperate fonts so that is a moot point
09:58:56pixelmanow the 64 pixels tall screens use all the same font
09:58:58***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
09:59:52funmanthe "NOW PLAYING" text is badly redimensioned though
09:59:56funmanfrom 4px to 6px
10:00:31funmanand perhaps 1 px empty line between progress bar and title would be good
10:00:44pixelmait also looks too crammed, I wouldn't change it
10:01:17pixelmathe text "sticks" at the progress bar
10:02:24funmanyou mean it is too close to the borders of the bar ?
10:03:12funmanit's the same absolute distance in SVN but not the same relative distance
10:03:51pixelmasorry, I can't parse that
10:04:10funmanit's 1 pixel away from the border, both with and without the patch
10:04:26funmanbut relative to the progressbar height, with the patch it looks closer
10:04:59pixelmawell, probably the larger font includes a bit of spacing at the top (in itself)
10:05:36pixelmaah no
10:07:20pixelmafunman: I would just care about the spacing between bar and text and there needs to be at least one line IMO, no matter where it comes from
10:16:05 Join anewuser [0] (anewuser@unaffiliated/anewuser)
10:17:06funmani made the pb 1px higher and added a black line at the bottom (i modified the right end but it's not shown)
10:18:08pixelmaI still prefer the original 4px one
10:19:04 Quit BHSPitMonkey (Quit: Ex-Chat)
10:19:06literalI'm using a Rockbox with a bootloader. If I want to downgrade the Rockbox firmware, what do I need to compile/replace?
10:19:09funman2 pixels space between pb and title is ok ?
10:19:13 Join stoffel [0] (
10:19:19funmanliteral: .rockbox directory, no need to touch bootloader
10:19:26literalOk, cool
10:19:55funmanpixelma: looks ok?
10:20:21funmanperhaps i can move the pb 1 pixel down
10:22:36funman (edited) looks like
10:24:46literalGodEater: Yup, I can confirm that r26177 sounds perfect.
10:24:51literalCommencing binary search...
10:27:18funmanliteral: you know git bisect, right?
10:27:52literalthat's exactly what I'm doing :)
10:27:56funmannice :)
10:28:09 Join GodEater_ [0] (~bibble@2002:7bf3:8c1f:1234:21a:4dff:fe4b:7b5a)
10:28:09 Quit GodEater_ (Changing host)
10:28:09 Join GodEater_ [0] (~bibble@rockbox/staff/GodEater)
10:28:17 Quit GodEater_ (Client Quit)
10:29:32 Quit Horscht (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
10:31:28 Join Horscht [0] (~Horscht2@xbmc/user/horscht)
10:34:28 Join JdGordon_ [0] (
10:34:28 Quit JdGordon_ (Changing host)
10:34:28 Join JdGordon_ [0] (~jonno@rockbox/developer/JdGordon)
10:35:08 Quit JdGordon_ (Client Quit)
10:35:45funmanliteral: if you build revisions later than r26253 you only need to run make bin & copy rockbox.sansa to .rockbox
10:45:56pixelmafunman: did you look at it on a real display? The greyscale and monochrome screens usually don't use the full display all the way to the casing and so have some "spacing" included already. The shifted down version doesn't look so nice from what I can tell by your screenshots
10:46:35pixelmathe sim doesn't represent this very well
10:49:01 Join JdGordon_ [0] (
10:49:01 Quit JdGordon_ (Changing host)
10:49:01 Join JdGordon_ [0] (~jonno@rockbox/developer/JdGordon)
10:50:09 Join blairb [0] (
10:51:36pixelmaI'm not sure if the Clips' OLED is the same though
10:53:36literalif only there were a way to stop the OF from rebuilding its DB
10:53:50literalI need to wait for it twice whenever I plug in the player
10:54:01B4gder <= the references Android player using Rockbox codec(s)
10:54:12literalonce because some rockbox file has changed, then again after transfering files over USB
10:55:39CIA-6New commit by jethead71 (r26507): More FFT fun: No point in computing and combining the 2nd FFT if it's just being made null. Use the regular complex FFT (called by fftr anyway) and ...
10:58:28 Quit phanboy4 (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
11:01:16 Quit detaos (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
11:01:16 Join detaos_ [0] (
11:08:16funmanpixelma: will check, but it's the same spacing than bottom
11:09:00funmanlooks fine
11:11:00pixelmaI just think it isn't needed and would look better at the top, not shifted down - at least on the Iriver remotes which is why it's been this way
11:11:18funmanso we keep 2 px space between the bar and the title?
11:11:59pixelmafrom what I can tell by the screenshots I'd prefer it this wax
11:12:05pixelmaerr... way
11:12:10funmancan i commit then?
11:12:42funmanthe change is just move tag info 2 pixels down and add Next tag
11:13:07funmanhm perhaps i can make it better
11:13:16funmanand add 1 pixel space between text lines
11:15:06funmannot sure if it can be made without a viewport for each tag
11:16:17pixelmaI actually considered working on cabbiev2 anyways during DevCon as there is also some "code" cleanup possible and all should get the accurate dB display when changing volume that the Clip version has, and there are also SBSs and FMSs missing
11:17:29JdGordoncabbie could really do with a sbs on tall and wide screens (disabled when there is no music playing)....
11:17:45pixelmayou can only add spacing between lines if you put each line in an own viewport or chose a bigger font (not necessarily 1 pixel more spacing but maybe a better "distribution" across the screen)
11:18:20JdGordonZagor_: is the flyspray theme changed at all? my account seems to have a nice bug and I have no idea if the bug is a FS one or a theme on or something
11:18:21funmanhm ok
11:18:31funmanthat means we have 4 pixels left
11:18:37 Quit grndslm (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
11:18:52 Quit JdGordon_ (Quit: Lost terminal)
11:18:59Zagor_JdGordon: no I haven't touched it in months. the only change is that it now runs in php-cgi instead of mod_php
11:19:22Zagor_...and spamming tons of segmentation fault messages to the kernel log :(
11:19:36JdGordonit is showing "jdgordon" instead of times everywhere for me when I'm logged in
11:20:39Zagor_hmm, we've seen that before. can't recall what it was though...
11:22:02CIA-6New commit by funman (r26508): cabbiev2 128x64x1 wps (iriver remote wps): add more info to the screen ...
11:22:18funmani'll ask bertrik if he's ok using this wps
11:22:23funman(on the clips=)
11:24:31funmanwho's the lua person if not mcuelenaere ?
11:32:31literalwhat does WPS stand for?
11:32:56JdGordonwhile playing screen/skin
11:33:29 Join DataGhost [0] (~dataghost@unaffiliated/dataghost)
11:35:17 Join grndslm [0] (
11:35:37 Join moparx [0] (~moparx@unaffiliated/moparx)
11:40:46 Quit blairb (Quit: Leaving)
11:44:12literalIs any progress being made on USB transfer support for Sansa players?
11:45:18funmanyes (for Sansa AMS, the others work fine already)
11:45:32literalyeah, meant Sansa AMS
11:47:13JdGordonpixelma: lets you use a 4bit (or 2bit or mono) .wps with a 16bit display? is that ever actually used?
11:48:38JdGordonhmm... crap, seems it might be
11:49:00JdGordonalso what is happening with the wps' in svn? wern't we going to delete them apart from cabbie?
11:58:59***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
12:04:24literalhm, Rockbox handles version 2.3 and 2.4 of the ID3 genre tag differently
12:04:57 Join pamaury [0] (~pamaury@rockbox/developer/pamaury)
12:05:18literalif it's 2.3, the genre shoes up as "Soundtrack", but if it's 2.4, the genre shows up as "(24) Soundtrack"
12:06:19literalit shouldn't show the (id)
12:06:38B4gderid3 is a miserable "standard" imho
12:07:09literalmany programs/players don't handle ID3 v2.4 correctly yet, so this is excusable
12:07:22literalI'll stick to v2.3 for now
12:07:40pixelmaJdGordon: yes it's used for the 160x128 colour displays which can use some of the ones created for H100 etc. first (DancePuffDuo, iAmp and the like). And yes, the plan was to remove the shipped ones except cabbiev2 as soon as all are uploaded to the theme site which they aren't yet
12:17:54 Join watto [0] (~watto@
12:17:54Torne2.3 doesn't do UTF-8 though, which is kinda annoying :)
12:18:33 Quit anewuser (Quit: for SELL 2 by the price of 1 now!)
12:18:38 Quit GeekShadow (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
12:20:17 Quit B4gder (Quit: It is time to say moo)
12:21:09 Join Buschel [0] (
12:21:31Buschelwincent, you there?
12:22:22wincentBuschel: Indeed.
12:23:04Buschelcan you check a potential fix in the cos/osc area of pdbox?
12:23:26 Quit petur (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
12:24:08wincentBuschel: Because you do not have SVN access?
12:24:25Buschelno, just to have you reviewed it ->
12:25:16Buschelthe interpolation in the cos~ application was wrong. I also deleted the tabs in both files
12:25:48wincentBuschel: Now this is interesting!
12:25:50Buschelbtw, is the precision to low when not interpolating? the interpolation will slow down the generation a lot
12:26:49BuschelI would just drop the interpolation as the precision of the phase is 18 bit
12:26:58Buschelwhich is quite a lot
12:27:59wincentBuschel: I promise to look at it somewhat later. At this moment I've got to go. Are you ok with this?
12:28:15Buschelof course :)
12:28:57wincentBuschel: Talk to you later then.
12:29:49Buschelbtw, instead of using your own mult() you should take a look at the arm/coldfire asm functions in the codeclib. those will be way faster. I'll create a small example for arm and place a link here
12:30:23 Join petur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
12:33:54 Join n1s [0] (
12:34:00 Quit n1s (Changing host)
12:34:00 Join n1s [0] (~n1s@rockbox/developer/n1s)
12:34:27 Join kugel [0] (~kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
12:37:47 Join mc2739 [0] (~mc2739@rockbox/developer/mc2739)
12:38:00kugelBuschel: why are you so keen on deleting tabs? we generally don't change the style of imported code
12:39:42ssorgatemwincent: pdbox doesn't build with eabi toolchain
12:41:00Buschelkugel: just personal dislike... and it doesn't hurt if we delete tabs on files we're submitting because of other changes
12:41:07Buschelmy opinion of course...
12:42:17kugelBuschel: wincent did hard to maintain ease of backporting upstream changes (#ifdef ROCKBOX everywhere), those tab removals make it hard
12:43:12Buschelwell, up to him what he wants to do with the fix.
12:44:18kugelBuschel: docs/CONTRIBUTING says to not change imported code unless really needed
12:45:30n1sIIUC diff can be told to ignore whitespace changes so it shouldn't be that big a problem
12:55:18funmanranma: no battery life diff on fuzev1 (or not noticeable)
12:55:26funmanit ran for 14h40
12:56:58 Join dfkt [0] (dfkt@unaffiliated/dfkt)
13:03:47 Nick [keanu] is now known as keanu (~keanu@unaffiliated/keanu)
13:06:30Buschelwincent: -> also adds arm asm for mult.
13:07:40 Quit petur (Quit: *plop*)
13:07:49 Join petur [0] (www-data@rockbox/developer/petur)
13:08:03Buschelwincent: pdbox does not link on ipod video because the ram is full. if you only use 1/4 of the cos_tab pdbox fits into ram. it is possible to only define 1/4 of this tab and use the symmetry of cos for the calculation...
13:08:10Buschelwill be back later
13:08:12 Quit Buschel ()
13:09:29ranmafunman: Then it was probably just the hung lcd. I've run a partial (2 hour) bench without the patch, finished recharging and started a new bench with the patch I'll run about 2 hours and the compare the logs.
13:10:42ranmaI also went to Handaduke Cafe in Akihabara and repaired the Clip+ jtag and also added two wires to the 'unbrick' pads since I'd like to check which gpio pins those are.
13:18:45 Quit funman (Quit: free(random());)
13:19:17 Quit steve|m (Remote host closed the connection)
13:25:25 Quit kugel (Remote host closed the connection)
13:30:17 Join Horschti [0] (~Horscht2@xbmc/user/horscht)
13:33:56 Quit Horscht (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
13:38:26S_a_i_n_tI was of the understanding that all the "shipped" themes *were* uploaded to the themesite already.....?
13:38:42S_a_i_n_tSomeone went to the effort of doing that some time ago.
13:39:26S_a_i_n_tRE:[22:07] <pixelma> ... And yes, the plan was to remove the shipped ones except cabbiev2 as soon as all are uploaded to the theme site which they aren't yet...
13:39:45S_a_i_n_tWhat ones are missing?
13:43:09wincentssorgatem: What errors does the build system tell?
13:43:29 Join ucchan [0] (
13:44:06ucchanUnhelpul login?
13:45:11ucchanI update embed aa patch now (FS #11216).
13:46:15ucchanplease confirm many targets/users.
13:46:52 Join GeekShadow [0] (~Antoine@reactos/tester/GeekShadow)
13:48:26wincentBuschel: Please try to preserve original formatting, if it is possible. The reason was already explained by kugel, as the version of the PD core in pdbox is 0.37 and there is an effort en route to update it to 0.43, so that preserved formatting eases the backporting.
13:50:14 Join hebz0rl [0] (
13:52:57pixelmaS_a_i_n_t: all greyscale and monochrome ones IIRC
13:56:09pixelmaalso packaging the RWPSs isn't done very well yet, I had an idea and try to convince domonoky about it the next days ;)
13:56:53wincentBuschel: Interpolation for cos~ object might be needed, or maybe not. Much more interesting is your optimization of multiplication.
13:59:00***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
13:59:20 Quit moparx (Quit: moparx)
13:59:36 Join kugel [0] (~kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
13:59:59wincentBuschel: By the way, would you like to implement the cos~ and osc~ objects working with 1/4 of the cosine table?
14:07:40 Quit ucchan (Quit: Leaving...)
14:07:55wincentssorgatem: And what does the function abort() do there?
14:08:04 Join MethoS- [0] (~clemens@
14:08:25ssorgatemwincent: ? I don't know
14:11:34wincentssorgatem: I do not see any reference to abort() in m_class.c . That's why I asked in the first place.
14:12:26wincentDoes anybody know why there are references to abort() when compiling with EABI toolchain?
14:13:08 Quit bmbl (Quit: Bye!)
14:13:38ssorgatemI forgot to paste some other warning which happen earlier when compiling
14:18:19wincentssorgatem: It seems that EABI toolchain has problems with arguments lists with variable length.
14:18:24CIA-6New commit by jdgordon (r26509): Add a new script to build the themes. WIP and heavily based on
14:20:52 Quit mc2739 (Quit: leaving)
14:24:39 Join bmbl [0] (~Miranda@
14:24:39 Quit bmbl (Changing host)
14:24:39 Join bmbl [0] (~Miranda@unaffiliated/bmbl)
14:25:21Tornewincent: you're probably getting exception unwinding tables from somewhere?
14:25:22 Join robin0800 [0] (
14:25:31Tornewincent: that can involve references to fun random symbols defined by the ABI
14:27:54wincentTorne: Do you suggest that the whole EABI mess comes from the too big cosine table?
14:29:04 Part LinusN
14:29:07Tornesomething is probably accidentally compiled with exception handling turned on
14:29:16wincentTorne: What do mean with "unwinding tables"?
14:29:21Tornethis causes the EABI toolchain to emit .eh_frame and similar unwinding sections
14:29:21kugelTorne: the way we build it with should remove all unwind&exception stuff
14:29:34Tornesome of these refer to symbols like abort()
14:29:50 Join mc2739 [0] (~mc2739@rockbox/developer/mc2739)
14:31:00wincentssorgatem, Torne: I am afraid the help for this problem should involve someone much more knowledgeable about EABI toolchain than myself.
14:31:43ssorgatemwincent: i can't even code in C, i'm only a tester
14:35:18JdGordonpixelma: does this look like all the theme settings? (left side of => is the setting name in WPSLIST, right side is setting name in the .cfg)
14:36:12wincentssorgatem: Nevertheless you've provided enough information for this problem to guess it's cause. IMO good job.
14:38:07 Join teru [0] (
14:42:00 Quit GeekShadow (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
14:42:19 Join GeekShadow [0] (~Antoine@reactos/tester/GeekShadow)
14:47:36 Join Buschel [0] (
14:50:09Buschelwincent: -> this one only changes the formatting within the while-loop. this way it can be easily spotted that both loops are nearly identical in cos~ and osc~. I also made some thoughts about the interpolation again and came to the conclusion the the logic was false. can you please test this?
14:50:36 Quit bmbl (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
14:51:40*JdGordon 's awesome new themebuild script is almost ready :)
14:51:48Buschelwincent: the fastest way to reduce the table would be to only keep each 4th value and reduce ILOGCOSTABSIZE to 13. this way all the logic will still work fine. furthermore we can try to put the cos_tab to iram which will speed up the generator a lot.
14:52:12wincentBuschel: The problem is that cos~ is rarely used.
14:52:29wincentBuschel: They tend to use osc~ instead.
14:53:29wincentBuschel: I thought of this way of reducing table's size.
14:54:20wincentBuschel: What size of IRAM does the platform you are aiming at have?
14:55:08Buschelwincent: well, no both osc~ and cos~ would be in sync. can you provide me a patch that would only keep each 4th cos_tab?
14:55:38Buschelwincent: I am using iPod video with plugin IRAM size = 80 KB
14:56:20Stummiis there something such a simulator or a vm for the bootloader?
14:56:25Buschelfor better compatiblity wiht with other targets you should better asume 48KB of IRAM
14:57:24wincentBuschel: Like in H320, which is my testing platform.
14:58:16TorneStummi: no, there would be no point really
14:58:32TorneStummi: the simulator exists to simulate the app layer.. the bootloader doesn't have the app layer.
14:58:49wincentBuschel: "each 4th" means a cos_tab with a size of one quarter of the current one?
14:59:23Buschelyes, and just keep values with indices 0,4,8, ...
14:59:35StummiTorne, what can i do, if i want to check, if a modified bootloader works without possibly breaking my player?
14:59:45Torneyou can't, by definition
15:00:00Torneunless it's one of the players that can't be broken by our code
15:00:24TorneThe simulator doesn't include any of the actual hardware, so there's no way to know if hardware-dependent stuff will actually work
15:01:58wincentBuschel: there is a file makecostab.c in pdbox/PDa/src . Would you like to use it by yourself?
15:02:09Stummibut anyway, a full-fledged virtual machine to emulate a player would be a nice thing ;)
15:03:37 Join evilnick_B [0] (~0c140464@rockbox/staff/evilnick)
15:04:01kiohi, when I mount my sansa_e280v2 on my linux desktop, I can't see the microsdhc card, but when I boot the player, I would see something like <mircoSD1> from the files menu, how can i see that card when connecting via the usb cable? currently I have to take the card out, use the usb controler and copy files there.
15:04:18 Join Kitr88 [0] (
15:06:20TorneStummi: We don't have enough hardware details for any of the players for such a thing to be accurate
15:06:43TorneStummi: even on the players where the components are publically documented, we don't know for certain every detail of how they are connected, what timing parameters might be too fast/slow, etc
15:06:49 Quit Kitar|st (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
15:06:59Torneso you can never prove that something is safe using an emulator..
15:07:09mc2739kio: that is probably a problem with your linux kernel not having lun support
15:07:28TorneStummi: what player is it, and what have you done to the bootloader?
15:07:31 Join Kitar|st [0] (
15:08:20kiomc2739, when I plugin the player, it does mount (via hal ) and I can see the file system on the player, but the card is not visible
15:09:10 Quit Kitr88 (Ping timeout: 272 seconds)
15:09:17StummiTorne, i have a Sansa Fuse V2 Running on Rockbox since yesterday. And i didn't do something with the loader to yet, but i like the project and thinking about learning to hack rockbox.
15:09:29Buschelwincent: I made an error in my last posted patch. please use this one ->
15:09:39TorneWell, generally as long as you don't touch the dualboot code, which is in a separate file, you should be okay
15:09:40mc2739kio: for the card to be visible, your kernel needs to have lun support.
15:10:01TorneEven if you break the bootloader itself, as long as the dualboot stub is working you should be able to start the Sansa firmware
15:10:05Torneand then you can install a new bootloader.
15:10:14Torneso it's not 100% safe, but it's not super risky either
15:10:46StummiI thought about start in little-steps, such as inserting a "Hello World"-Line at booting to get to know the project
15:11:28Stummithis shall be something, where is the risk to break something not too high :p
15:12:16kiomc2739, ok, thx, i'll check the the kernel.
15:12:45 Join Curtman [0] (
15:13:30kiomc2739, by lun, it's CONFIG_SCSI_MULTILUN ?
15:13:48TorneStummi: Oh, you don't have a specific thing in mind?
15:13:55TorneStummi: Don't modify the bootloader at all then...
15:14:16Torneyou can modify the main app all you like and that can't possibly break the ability to dualboot and recover in the OF
15:14:34Torneif you want to do something "at boot" do it in the main app's initialisation, not the bootloader..
15:14:50kiook, to answer my own question. yes it is. :)
15:16:14StummiTorne, ok
15:17:06TorneStummi: needing to modify the bootloader is pretty infrequent even for the people working on the main porting effort
15:17:18Torneif you just want to learn to work on rockbox the application is much more interesting :)
15:18:23Stummiok :)
15:18:27 Quit kugel (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
15:19:07 Join Slasheri [0] (miipekk@rockbox/developer/Slasheri)
15:24:58 Quit MethoS- (Remote host closed the connection)
15:29:53 Join voRia [0] (
15:32:15CIA-6New commit by teru (r26510): Correct reusing buffers if the backdrop file is already loaded. ...
15:40:00 Quit stoffel (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
15:40:51 Join t0rc [0] (~t0rc@unaffiliated/t0rc/x-5233201)
15:44:42CIA-6New commit by jdgordon (r26511): almost finished... copy fonts, backdrops, icon files, skins. last thing to do is copy the images from inside the skins
15:44:51 Quit voRia (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
15:44:58 Quit kio (Quit: Leaving)
15:45:07mc2739kio: I believe that is the correct setting - but this is not really Rockbox related and is therefore off-topic for this channel
15:49:15Buschelwincent: I uploaded three patches to a new flyspray entry FS #11348. 1) cos~/osc~ fix 2) mult asm 3) smaller cos_table put to iram
15:51:59wincentBuschel: Will try it out. I will post result as comment for the patch.
15:55:46CIA-6New commit by funman (r26512): sd-as3525v1: do not disable peripheral clocks in sd_enable() ...
15:57:57 Join voRia [0] (
15:59:03***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
15:59:34CIA-6New commit by jdgordon (r26513): copy the images for the skins.
16:01:38JdGordoncan someone with some time and perl skills review tools/ and check for anythig totally retarted?
16:03:20 Join funman [0] (~fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
16:04:30funmanrelease day!!
16:07:08Rob2223release day?
16:09:13ranmaBTW Radio works on my Clip+ here
16:09:53funmanr0b-: where do you live?
16:10:35funmanperhaps you can exchange clip+ with a dev
16:10:41n1sTorne: wouldn't roloing the new bootloader at least be somewhat useful as a test (assuming it can be roloed)?
16:11:15n1sunless the bootloader is compiled to execute in place of course
16:11:52funmanyou should put all hardware into reset state to be sure
16:12:52 Quit elcan (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
16:12:59n1sit probably isn't a very good test
16:13:30funmanno i think it's a good idea but it requires some work to 'undo' system_init
16:16:20 Quit robin0800 (Remote host closed the connection)
16:16:22 Join elcan [0] (
16:18:40 Join CGL [0] (~CGL@
16:21:51 Join hebz0rl_ [0] (
16:23:29 Quit hebz0rl (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
16:24:29 Join fyrestorm [0] (
16:26:47Tornen1s: the bootloader is not necessarily compiled to run at the same base address, no
16:27:04Tornen1s: and on samsa it's in flash so i'd expect at least the start to run xip
16:48:50 Quit voRia (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
16:49:48 Quit n1s (Read error: Connection timed out)
16:50:34 Join n1s [0] (~n1s@rockbox/developer/n1s)
16:55:48 Join kugel [0] (~kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
17:03:39 Join puetzk [0] (
17:06:08 Join halmi [0] (~netbook@
17:09:11 Join bmbl [0] (~Miranda@unaffiliated/bmbl)
17:09:34 Join simonrvn [0] (
17:11:00simonrvnkwe (hi). rev 26513 the pdbox app build dies with such things as "m_class.c:(.text+0xff8): undefined reference to `abort'" at the LD stage, and warnings above that. (pastebinning)
17:11:36funmangcc eabi?
17:13:35 Quit einhirn (Quit: Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.
17:13:54simonrvn(it's for a fuzev2)
17:14:34simonrvnhttp:/ / (sorry about the shortened URL, forgot about that autoshorten script...)
17:14:44wincentSomuch about EABI toolchain...
17:14:58funmani'm trying to build it here
17:15:41simonrvni used the rockbox script. it built fine. that was last week IIRC.
17:16:38funmanah pdbox is using typedefed enums
17:17:08simonrvneh, i've had issues with those in the past in other projects...
17:17:59simonrvn(i don't write C, so it was someone else's work =)
17:18:36funmanaborts are close to va_arg(ap, t_atomtype) (t_atomtype is a typedefed enum)
17:18:43wincentfunman: What is the difference?
17:19:07wincentfunman: ... between typedefed and untypedefed enums?
17:19:29funmani think the problem is that eabi gives different types to enums
17:19:56 Quit teru (Quit: Quit)
17:19:57funmansee r26368 for doom
17:20:35kugelyou basically can't use enums for va_arg because IIRC there are rules for va_arg casting
17:21:23 Quit TheSeven (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
17:21:37funman works for me
17:22:17simonrvncan't see that in w3m :/
17:22:40kugelcasting manually to int in the variable arguments lists in question should also work
17:22:55funmansimonrvn: patches didn't exist in 1960 anyway
17:23:37wincentfunman: Will you make the changes to typedefs?
17:23:42simonrvnoh it's ok
17:23:55simonrvni just opened it in epiphany
17:24:02simonrvnthanks though
17:24:32kugelhowever it should work in this case
17:25:03funman'va_arg(ap, t_atomtype)' is just abort() for gcc it seems
17:25:05kugelmaybe gcc defaults to promoting to int because *printf couldn't handle variable sized enums
17:25:07funmanwincent: ok
17:25:23 Join TheSeven [0] (~TheSeven@rockbox/developer/TheSeven)
17:26:23mc2739pixelma: have you seen FS #11186
17:28:02CIA-6New commit by funman (r26514): pdbox: fix build on ARM with eabi
17:28:13kugelfunman: I think you should just do var_arg(X, int), enums are apprently always promoted (according to some posts found on google)
17:28:33 Quit lpereira (Quit: Leaving.)
17:28:35funmanisn't it cleaner this way?
17:29:34kugelfunman: dunno, I don't feel strong about it. typedef int is probably safer though
17:30:05pixelmamc2739: thanks and no I hadn't. It doesn't look very useful though (lots of included but untranslated strings)
17:30:40simonrvn(so far no warnings at all)
17:31:50funmanliteral: any progress with bisection?
17:32:58pixelmakugel, amiconn, other German native speakers: do you remember the "hotkey" translation discussion? What would you think of "Funktionstaste"?
17:33:00simonrvnsuccessful build
17:33:15simonrvnthank you :)
17:34:12kugelpixelma: I'd just leave it as hotkey, but if it needs a translation I'd go for Tastenkürzel (because that seems more common to me, and the hotkey might not be a single button on some targets)
17:40:44pixelmaTastenkürzelbelegung then? (as the hotkey (combo) itself is fixed, you just set what it can do)
17:47:23 Quit Zagor_ (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
17:50:52ranmafunman: Where do you see the 1.02.09 hw rev on your clip+?
17:51:03ranmaI see 'REV13' on the button side of the board
17:51:08funmanranma: OF
17:51:17funmannever opened my clip+
17:51:43ranmaWell, since OF won't boot I can't check there :)
17:51:55funmanwhat are you reading then? the ROM code?
17:52:01ranmaYeah, the rom code
17:52:40funmani can try to read/run that
17:54:53 Quit GeekShadow (Quit: The cake is a lie !)
17:55:03ranmaI've sent you an email with my clipplus_rom.bin
17:55:36funmanis it 128kb?
17:56:08 Quit hebz0rl_ (Quit: Ex-Chat)
17:56:26 Join MethoS- [0] (~clemens@
17:57:08funmanand 128kB is not 128<<1024, right. /me slaps self
17:59:05***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
17:59:24ranmaClip+ bootloader gives me UIE exception when compiled with -Os BTW, -O works fine though.
17:59:58funmanIMO no need to worry about bootloaders, we can build them with -O if we do it once every blue moon
18:00:34funmanranma: my rom is the same
18:02:02ranmaWith I don't have any warnings when compiling rockbox for c200v2 with -Os
18:02:09funmanif we disable MMU & clear CCU_MEMMAP bit 0 we could restart from the ROM, but if we set GPIO B4 would it read back as 1 for the ROM too ?
18:02:21 Join Lear [0] (chatzilla@rockbox/developer/lear)
18:02:27funmani have tried -Os on clipv1 (but not bootloader) and it worked fin etoo
18:03:56ranmaThe time between setting B4 to 1 and the readback in the rom is likely too long to have it read it back as 1, but it would depend on capacitance I think
18:04:12ranmaThe pin has a pulldown that discharges the line capacitance
18:04:41funmanperhaps we could enable user-doable recovery
18:08:39ranmaNope, didn't work
18:08:42 Join djzn [0] (~djzn@
18:09:10ranmaI set the pin to out, wrote 1 to it, set a breakpoint on the read and restarted the bootloader, but it read back with the bit cleeared
18:10:13djznhi... wanted to know if wavpack -h files are OK to be played on RockBox
18:12:00funmannot sure what -h is but just try
18:12:53djzn-h is for -high
18:12:56djzncompression mode
18:13:11djznthere is normal, high and very high... the very high is not recommended for portables
18:13:24djznhowever the high mode, compresses much more than flac -8
18:14:48ranmafunman: I thought of using the gpio for a serial console (as long as usb is not working yet) to output logf
18:15:14funmanbranching to rom just freeze :/
18:15:31 Quit petur (Quit: CGI:IRC)
18:16:27funmanranma: is it precise enough?
18:17:18funmansomeone had dumped the ROM through the LED wires on an e200v2 before storage worked
18:17:18funmanbut he had to make several reads for error correction
18:18:14 Quit fyrestorm (Quit: Ur skills' fireproof like a wooden panel -- U got feds talking leet on your IRC channel!)
18:18:14ranmaShould be at least if you disable interrupts while writing a char
18:20:47funmanhum the "ROM" is writable?
18:21:21ranmaSet to cachable in the mmu maybe?
18:21:43funmanD1C (loaded by reset vector) disables mmu, caches
18:22:39funmanhm they write at 0x81xx not 0x80xx
18:22:47ranmaThats an embedded ram alias
18:22:51funmanyeam its iram
18:23:43funmanif they don't use mmu we could cheat: copy the ROM somewhere, map it at ROM address, patch the reading of B4
18:23:58funmanbut if there is different ROM versions then it won't work
18:24:34funmanadd a CRC check then?
18:25:03ranmaYou're thinking of adding that to the bootloader? Like 'hold up for recovery mode'?
18:25:04funmanwe still have some room in dualboot.S code
18:25:26funmanhm it could work in the bootloader too but if the botoloader works then no need for recovery no?
18:25:40ranmaAh, I mean dualboot
18:26:26funmanyes that's what I am thinking but I'm not 100% sure of the risks
18:27:16funmani'll keep the idea in my mind i guess :)
18:27:23kisak is it normal for there to be a mildly long delay in starting playback on my Fuzev2?
18:27:24ranmaLike accidentally entering recover mode and overwriting the disk :)
18:27:34funmankisak: song has to be loaded from storage first
18:28:03funmanranma: ah true it's possible that someone formats the drive
18:28:07kugelkisak: mildly long is subjective. it shouldnt take longer than 2-3 seconds
18:28:27kisakit feels like it's more than 2-3 seconds
18:28:34kisakmore like twice that
18:28:37LearOn a Fuze V2, where are the preinstalled music files located?
18:28:55funmanLear: ask sandisk?
18:28:56kisakLear: iirc it's in ##MUSIC#
18:29:17LearI can't see that at all in MSC mode though.
18:29:32ssorgatemyou can see them from rockbox
18:29:34funmanLear: just format it
18:29:40kisakLear: I believe the OF hides it
18:29:46ssorgatemjust move them to a folder outside ##MUSIC#
18:30:07pixelmaLear: on the v1 c200 it was in the some SYSTEM subfolder although a MUSIC one existed too
18:30:14mc2739Lear: the OF hides the ## folders when you connect in msc mode
18:30:23kisakis it normal for the interface to hang while caching the first song?
18:30:42ssorgatemnerv nerver never rename the MUSIC folder to ##MUSIC#
18:30:43kugelLear: you only see it from rockbox
18:30:49LearAh. So a reformat then (once I've installed the bootloader).
18:31:15kisakLear: I used the format option in the OF
18:31:29Learkisak: That was my plan, yes.
18:31:58funmanmkfs.vfat -I works fine too (faster?)
18:33:19funmanranma: i have an idea to make the OF boot on your clip+
18:33:39pixelmaGerman speaker question: I don't like "zurückspulen" in "Rewind before resume" although that's actually the same as in English (you don't rewind anything on an MP3-Player). Would "Rückschritt" be ok?
18:33:49 Quit djzn (Quit: Leaving.)
18:34:09ranmazurückspulen is better IMO
18:34:48funmanranma: (OF 1.02.09) revert 0x33E0 and 0x33D4 so it uses SD slot functions for internal, and patch sdslot detection to return false, then format your SD card like interla
18:36:02funmanchange the condition in branch 0x9368 and make 0x2980 return 0
18:36:14 Join stoffel [0] (
18:37:51funman</thread><thread> so anything blocking release?
18:38:28 Join phanboy4 [0] (
18:38:47kugelpixelma: just because it's *technically* not correct?
18:38:51pixelma"untagged"? :\
18:38:58 Join pamaury_ [0] (
18:39:27 Join merbanan [0] (
18:39:50kugelI think rewind (and Zurückspulen) is pretty much established in the digital music world too
18:39:51 Join GeekShadow [0] (~Antoine@reactos/tester/GeekShadow)
18:40:03funmandon't you rewind the playback position anyway?
18:40:20pixelmakugel: probably. It just reads weird in my eyes but I'll use it
18:40:32funmaneven if it's not linked to a physical motion
18:42:38 Quit pamaury (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
18:43:14pixelmaany suggestions for "untagged"? I can only think of some Denglish form for it where I don't even know it's correct spelling. Dictionaries suggest "unmarkiert" but that's a bit too general, or not?
18:44:19ranmaYeah, unmarkiert is too general I think.
18:44:48 Join Jaykay [0] (
18:45:31 Join bertrik [0] (~bertrik@rockbox/developer/bertrik)
18:45:43ranma"Keine Metadaten" would work
18:46:29kugelor "Ohne Metadaten"
18:46:38pixelmahmm... yeah
18:46:48pixelmametadatenlos ;)
18:47:53funmanbertrik: did you see the changes to the default 128x64x1 cabbiev2 wps i made this morning ? (for the iriver remotes)
18:49:06bertrikno, not yet, I did read some of discussion about the clip specific version of the wps
18:49:23ranmaOr just "Kein Tag"
18:49:38*kugel would prefer ohne over keine
18:49:55 Quit bluebroth3r (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
18:49:56funmanbasically i think we could use the same wps on all 128x64 screens, because now it's nice with the yellow/blue separation of the clip with 8 pixels font
18:49:59ranmaYeah, it's probably better
18:50:10 Join bluebrother [0] (~dom@rockbox/developer/bluebrother)
18:50:21ranma"Ohne Tag" or "Ohne Metadaten"
18:50:30bertrikfunman, yeah would be nice to have the same wps on all targets indeed, I'll have a look
18:50:38*kugel also thinks there's no nice translation for tags
18:50:54gevaertsranma: "Kein Tag" as in "after sunset"? :)
18:51:05LearUgh. Any way to avoid that "refreshing database" step?
18:51:13*funman translated this to 'Unknown' in french
18:51:23funmanLear: no, welcome ;-)
18:51:28bertrikfunman, as far as I understood, the clip specific wps wasn't being applied to clip+ and clipv2 either, right?
18:51:46pixelmaI go with "ohne Metadaten" - yes and Tag as in tag, and Tag as in day
18:51:47funmanLear: well you can keep power button pressed after unmounting, before unplugging, but i don't know how nice it is wrt the filesystem
18:52:00pixelmaalthough gevaerts said he wouldn't speak German :P
18:52:15pixelmaunknown could work too
18:52:16kugelfunman: it would be nice if we spotted the code in the OF which detects whether a refresh is needed after usb disconnect
18:52:17gevaertspixelma: I didn't *speak* it, I only translated!
18:52:28funmanbertrik: no, we would need explicit copy to sansaclipv2.wps and sansaclipplus.wps
18:52:38LearThe flashing didn't trigger the select language screen, so that trick can't be used, it seems.
18:52:50funmankugel: i tried, but the strings is dynamically loaded from header blocks so it's not easy to see references
18:53:14 Quit Buschel ()
18:53:50funmankugel: afaik usb driver is already pretty advanced
18:54:11kugelor own usb would be the proper fix of course :)
18:54:35funmanre: <Untagged> -> "<Unknown>", I think Windows Media Player uses "Unknown Artist - Unknown Album" for untagged files
18:55:10kugelunknown would probably work best in english as well
18:55:26funmanLear: you mean you have same problem than ?
18:55:43funmankugel: yeah i think so
18:55:50funmanat least confuse less translators ;)
18:56:07pixelma"Band %d Frequency" (desc: in sound_menu, hardware equalizer tone controls shelf filter cutoff frequency) <- is that cutoff freuency of e.g. "band 1"?
18:56:26funmanwe need opinions of english speakers
18:56:41pixelmaok, switching to unknown for the German translation
18:56:54pixelmaerr... unbekannt ;)
18:57:40 Quit AlexP (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
18:57:47 Join AlexP [0] (~ap@rockbox/staff/AlexP)
18:57:48funmanpixelma: looks like it (reading settings_list.c:576)
18:58:24*kugel packs his samsung yh-j70, hopefully some cf/iriver x/m guru wants to hack on it
18:59:11pixelmaI just soo dislike Deppenleerzeichen and would like to reorder the words of "Band %d Frequenz"
19:00:35ranma"Frequenzband %d"
19:01:30pixelmayeah I thought of Frequenzband but I wasn't sure if that would fit the setting
19:02:15ranmaLooking at settings_list.c I think it almost does.
19:02:29ranmaIsn't it more like the center frequency of the band?
19:02:31Learfunman: No problem patching.
19:02:37LearOr flashing.
19:02:44kisakkugel: I'm looking at a 8-10 second delay between selecting music and it coming out the headphones, that includes more than a second for it to stop the currently playing song. Also, it was about 5 seconds from selecting the same song as is playing and it coming out the headphones
19:03:01 Join Luca_S [0] (
19:03:13kisak(Still refering to the Fuze v2)
19:03:37pixelmaranma: I wasn't sure if it implies some frequency setting for the (frequency) band, not of the "frequency band"
19:04:07pixelmaunfortunately I don't know equalizer settings well enough
19:04:40kisakI threw about 5 songs on the player plus about 2775 other audio files which are no more than a minute each
19:05:05*ranma doesn't use eq either
19:06:33funmankisak: from µSD ?
19:06:52kisakfunman: I do not have any microSD
19:07:10funmankisak: works fine for me (r26514)
19:07:36funmantry disabling your settings one by one to see if they are the problem
19:07:53kisakI have 26458 here
19:08:13funmanyou should always update your build before reporting bugs in case they have already been fixed
19:09:04ssorgatemHow did you translate that "knee" in sound settings?
19:09:46kisakfunman: ok, will do after some grub
19:10:45ranmaOk, since it's 'shelf frequency', assuming it's a low-shelf filter it should be the upper boundary frequency of the filter for band %d?
19:11:03ranma(Looking at
19:11:40 Quit whydoubt (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
19:11:42bertrikfunman, I think the clip wps looks fine (although I'm not completely sure I'm looking at the right one)
19:12:06funmanbertrik: just remove the .sansaclip.wps and run make install to have to good cabbiev2
19:12:08pixelmawhy is there "Band %d Gain" and "%d Hz Band Gain"?
19:12:11 Join whydoubt [0] (
19:12:16ranma"Grenzfrequenz Band %d"
19:12:16funmanthe one i modified should have "Next: " info
19:12:28 Quit t0rc (Quit: Leaving)
19:12:38funmanI see in r26485 there was a BOM (Byte Order Mask) added in chinese-simp.lang, does langtool handle that,
19:12:55pixelmaranma: thanks, sounds good
19:14:50CIA-6New commit by funman (r26515): change version for upcoming 3.6 release
19:15:50funmanselecting chinese language still shows language so i guess it works
19:16:00funmanstill shows chinese*
19:20:44 Join CFP [0] (
19:21:08AlexPBollocks, release notes
19:21:22AlexPI forgot about those, and doing them is a massive PITA
19:21:29AlexPAh well, time to get busy I suppose
19:23:12bertrikfunman, I find the clip wps a bit weird now that the "x of x" and the track time are no longer shown directly below the progress bar
19:23:20pixelmagot the German update almost ready, just a short review and I can commit it
19:23:40bertrikalso, I think it showed the volume as a number before
19:24:31 Join stripwax [0] (
19:24:50amiconnkugel, pixelma: says hotkey -> Hotkey
19:24:57 Quit stripwax (Client Quit)
19:26:11pixelmahrmm... "mouse mode" etc. was changed to just "mouse" in the USB screen when showing the HID mode, a bit spartanic I'd say
19:26:21 Quit wincent (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
19:27:17pixelmaI'll do the same for German for now though
19:28:36bertrikfunman, but I do appreciate any effort to remove the special case for the clip cabbiev2 wps
19:31:41 Quit phanboy4 (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
19:35:55 Join anewuser [0] (anewuser@unaffiliated/anewuser)
19:41:24pixelmasome comments on my translation? But quick...
19:48:51 Quit GeekShadow (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
19:49:50pixelmaok, 5 minutes
19:54:11kugelpixelma: why s/bildschirm/schirm/?
19:55:53pixelmaBildschirm sounds like something bigger to me (more like monitor)
19:56:31pixelmaI actually played with the thought of using "Anzeige" but wanted to stay consistent
19:57:47 Join petur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
19:58:03kugelI find both weird, but just schirm more
19:58:38AlexPpixelma: Does metronome work on c200 now? So FS #8659 can be closed?
19:59:07***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
19:59:28gevaertsBut we have "closing old bugs" on the agenda for DevCon! We'll be bored if you close it now!
19:59:30kugelI think Bildschirm for actual displays is fine, I think Anzeige is better for screen as in while playing screen
19:59:48AlexPgevaerts: I want to put it fixed in the release notes :)
20:00:06kugelthere's no need to be consistent if they mean different things IMO
20:01:00ranmafunman: I tried your suggested OF mod.
20:01:34ranmaIt's promising, but something is still not working yet. Do you have a dump of the OF area you can send me?
20:01:47funmanranma: OF area?
20:02:04 Quit n1s (Quit: Lmnar)
20:02:20ranmaThe first 0xF0000 sectors of the internal SD, where the OF is stored.
20:02:22funmanah ok
20:02:25funmanno i don't :/
20:02:33ranmaIIRC there was some additional data there too, right?
20:02:41funmanyeah it was needed for fuzev1
20:02:51funmanJdGordon: you have dumped the OF data when doing recovery ?
20:03:54pixelmakugel: ok, I misremembered. Bildschirm is used for other display settings too , so I'll change it back
20:03:55funmanbertrik: i don't know since you made the wps it is up to you (i use another theme personally)
20:04:27bertrikI just modified the existing one a bit for the clip
20:04:27pixelmakugel: Anzeige.. hmm... could work a bit better for those screen designs
20:04:29funmanbertrik: perhaps some modifications you have made on clip wps would be nice on iriver remote too
20:06:07pixelmakugel: would it be ok to have "Hotkeyfunktion im WPS", seeing as WPS isn't translated either
20:06:45pixelmaWiedergabebildschirm is just such a long word - and I could keep it in the voice string
20:07:11ranmaWith the unpatched OF it hangs at 0x3c6c
20:07:16pixelmaerr... would be Wiedergabeanzeige then but that sounds weird too
20:07:50ranmaWith the patched OF I get: "target halted in Thumb state due to breakpoint, current mode: Supervisor\ncpsr: 0x00000073 pc: 0x30000000"
20:07:58funmanranma: which version of the OF ?
20:07:59 Quit stoffel (Remote host closed the connection)
20:08:12AlexPRight people, I've done some release notes:
20:08:19AlexPPlease add/edit/whatever
20:08:24funman30000000 is ok then? it's where we load rockbox.sansa
20:08:44funmanAlexP: great
20:08:53ranmaI suspect it tried to load some overlay from SD and execute it and that went wrong
20:09:15pixelmaAlexP: how long do I have? ;)
20:09:20kugelpixelma: I think so
20:09:24funmanranma: 3c6c is a simple delay?
20:09:28ranmaI just put the 16MB firmware without the header onto SD
20:09:41funmanyou must the whole file
20:09:43 Join Strife89|PalmTX [0] (
20:10:04ranmafunman: Yeah, some function with a delay and because it spents most of the time in the delay that's where I see it when I halt the cpu.
20:10:07AlexPpixelma: I said "was released" then today's date, so... :)
20:10:23ranmafunman: Ah, so including the headers?
20:10:36mc2739AlexP: under fixed bugs - Core - Nano2G?
20:10:41ranmaLet's try that then...
20:11:07AlexPmc2739: Good point
20:12:09kugelwe don't have a release for the nano2g, do we?
20:12:09AlexPmc2739: I just went through the commits since 3.5 and took all the ones that mentioned a FS bug fix that were opened before 3.5 without thinking overly
20:12:18AlexPkugel: No, so I've removed it
20:12:41AlexPkugel: He was pointing out that I shouldn't have mentioned a bug fix for a non-release target
20:13:27 Join einhirn [0] (
20:13:31 Quit bieber (Remote host closed the connection)
20:13:34kugeloh, I thought he was pointing out the question mark behind Nano2G (because it's detected as wiki word). my bad
20:13:45 Quit shai (Quit: Leaving)
20:13:46funmanshould i put the freeze bugfix for sansa ams v1 ?
20:14:17 Quit flydutch (Quit: /* empty */)
20:14:26kugelif it existed at 3.5 yes, otherwise no IMO
20:14:51AlexPyeah, exactly
20:14:54kugelI'm under the impression it wasn't in 3.5, but I'm not so sure anymore
20:14:55funmani didn't test 3.5
20:15:10funmanthe FS# first reported on ~r24000 i think
20:15:16CIA-6New commit by pixelma (r26516): Update German translation - with the help of Thomas Martitz, Tobias Diedrich and some inspiration from patches in the tracker.
20:15:32AlexPWe decided that if things were introduced then fixed within a release cycle that they shouldn't get mentioned as for people going from one release to another they wouldn't have seen it
20:15:54funmanyes it says r24000 and 3.5 was around r25000
20:16:03funmanAlexP: true
20:16:05AlexPcoolio then :)
20:16:22 Join _jhMikeS_ [0] (
20:16:23 Quit _jhMikeS_ (Changing host)
20:16:23 Join _jhMikeS_ [0] (~jethead71@rockbox/developer/jhMikeS)
20:16:23 Quit jhMikeS (Disconnected by services)
20:16:45 Join GeekShadow [0] (~Antoine@reactos/tester/GeekShadow)
20:16:54pixelmaAlexP: still need to port it to the release branch but wanted to wait until the results of the build round are ok
20:17:03 Join mischasworld [0] (
20:17:14 Quit bertrik (*.net *.split)
20:17:14 Quit mc2739 (*.net *.split)
20:17:14 Quit kisak (*.net *.split)
20:17:14 Quit sinthetek (*.net *.split)
20:17:43 Join mc2739 [0] (~mc2739@rockbox/developer/mc2739)
20:17:46AlexPDoes anyone want to do the things marked FLASH on ?
20:18:30 Join sinthetek [0] (~sinthetek@unaffiliated/sinthetek)
20:18:53funmanisn't the question: "do we want new flash packages to accompany the release ?"
20:19:18 Join bertrik [0] (~bertrik@rockbox/developer/bertrik)
20:19:38CIA-6New commit by pixelma (r26517): Update German translation - with the help of Thomas Martitz, Tobias Diedrich and some inspiration from patches in the tracker.
20:20:23 Join kisak [0] (
20:21:28 Join bieber [0] (
20:22:11 Join domonoky [0] (~Domonoky@rockbox/developer/domonoky)
20:22:30pixelmathere you go. Thanks again kugel and ranma
20:22:46kugelpixelma: you're welcome :)
20:23:35 Join GeekShad0w [0] (
20:25:16 Quit GeekShadow (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
20:27:43 Quit Strife89|PalmTX (Quit: Leaving)
20:29:08CIA-6New commit by ranma (r26518): Using void instead of unsigned char fixes the strict-aliasing warnings with -Os and gets rid of some casts. And we already use void pointer arithmetic ...
20:32:46 Nick pamaury_ is now known as pamaury (
20:33:01 Quit pamaury (Changing host)
20:33:01 Join pamaury [0] (~pamaury@rockbox/developer/pamaury)
20:35:56 Quit CFP (Quit: Quitte)
20:42:38CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26519): Theme Editor: Refactored main window init code, moved parse tree into dock widget
20:46:50 Join kaylinsigsworth [0] (
20:48:03 Join Jerom [0] (~Jerom@
20:48:08pixelmagevaerts (others): would the D2 be able to use MMCs?
20:49:24pixelmaI thought SD and MMC protocol are close enough and since MMCs are the thinner ones I guess it should work with some more or less "simple" changes
20:51:05gevaertsno idea
20:51:25 Quit anewuser (Quit: for SELL 2 by the price of 1 now!)
20:52:30FlynDicepixelma: i have never actually seen a mmc card but most of the controllers are set up for either/or. Does the mmc card fit in the slot?
20:54:42pixelmaFlynDice: it should (but not vice versa as a standard SD is thicker)... gevaerts - you could try with MMCs I have for my Ondio
20:58:31 Quit Jerom (Remote host closed the connection)
21:02:36 Join Jerom [0] (~Jerom@
21:11:42 Part watto
21:36:45 Join Peter93 [0] (
21:36:53 Quit pamaury (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
21:37:47amiconnYes, MMC support on SD targets is just a question of protocols
21:38:15 Quit kaylinsigsworth (Remote host closed the connection)
21:38:22amiconnWe could even support SD on Ondios if they would fit
21:38:24AlexPSo, what is next for release?
21:43:43funmanAlexP: you have the builds/manuals?
21:44:06AlexPI can do that, but not for half an hour or so
21:44:19*funman looks for a fast machine
21:45:07funman4*3GHz but it runs OSX, is that a problem?
21:45:46AlexPWouldn't have thought so if everything will build
21:46:32funmanshould i make the builds then ?
21:47:10AlexPIf you could that'd be great
21:47:35JeromWhat is a fast machine for you ?
21:49:42funmani just need to build the compilers first
21:59:09***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
22:05:57CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26520): Theme Editor: Mocked up most of the UI, added View menu items for all dockable widgets
22:06:15funman./release/ line 28: 7zr: command not found
22:07:12 Quit komputes (Remote host closed the connection)
22:12:15 Quit domonoky (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
22:12:19*funman bangs head
22:12:36funmani could build the tarball here but then I don't have a svn checkout
22:14:06 Quit Peter93 (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
22:16:29 Join jgarvey [0] (
22:20:58AlexPfunman: I can, but still not for a bit sadly :/
22:22:30*AlexP kicks gevaerts
22:23:20funmanit's ok
22:24:54bertrik7zr is part of package p7zip (if that's any help at all)
22:25:03funmansvn: This client is too old to work with working copy 'tools'; please get a newer Subversion client
22:25:07funman? Oo
22:25:37bieberAny artist types feel like designing an icon for the theme editor?
22:28:33 Quit Lear (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.4/20100527093236])
22:28:52funman-> building
22:29:09gevaertsAlexP: did I deserve this?
22:30:24funmannot sure if i can make manual/voices though
22:31:07AlexPgevaerts: Not in particular :) I was going to ask if you could do a little building, but funman seems to be on it
22:31:56funmanUndefined subroutine &main::stablebuilds called at ./tools/release/ line 76.
22:32:02funman(on osx and linux)
22:32:08funmansame for manuals
22:32:15 Join komputes [0] (~komputes@ubuntu/member/komputes)
22:32:51gevaertsI can do manuals and voices
22:33:07gevaertsLast time people weren't happy about the quality of the voices I built though
22:33:28AlexPThey can do them then :)
22:33:42gevaertsfunman: same here...
22:37:09funmanthe scripts have not changed so probably some of their dependancy
22:37:32gevaertsno, they're broken
22:38:10funmanhm I see that tools/ has some version information too
22:38:33 Quit Galois (Quit: Leaving)
22:38:55funmanhowever I don't see it being used at all, so we should be good
22:39:21gevaertsIt's used on the server
22:39:43 Quit Jaykay (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.3/20100401080539])
22:40:21gevaertsfunman: the bins are building fine?
22:40:49funmanso far yes
22:41:43funmanarchos, ipods, irivers are done
22:43:39funmanosx doesn't know about 'xargs'
22:44:37 Join moparx [0] (~moparx@unaffiliated/moparx)
22:44:42funmanah someone fucked up PATH
22:45:26funmanit was in /usr/bin
22:45:43funmangevaerts: do you want to commit fixes for manual/voice scripts?
22:46:05gevaertsyes, but they're not sufficient yet...
22:46:43funman17 minutes for the builds
22:46:52funmanfunman/rockbox-3.6/"> has them all
22:48:08CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26521): Update version
22:48:34CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26522): Half-fix voice and manual build scripts
22:49:30funmanshould give me some time to see what's wrong with osx xargs (now that i have it in path)
22:50:10CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26523): Half-fix voice and manual build scripts
22:50:17CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26524): Update version
22:50:35 Join Galois [0] (
22:50:38 Quit halmi (Quit: halmi)
22:51:20CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26525): Theme Editor: Added a window icon and made menus alt-navigable
22:52:21 Quit yosafbridge (Quit: Coyote finally caught me)
22:53:03 Quit esperegu (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
22:53:41funmanah, it's the gnu cp options
22:53:44CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26526): Theme Editor: Added missing copyright headers
22:55:33CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26527): Fix voice and manual build scripts
22:55:59 Join yosafbridge [0] (
22:56:28CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26528): Fix voice and manual build scripts
22:57:25 Quit tom` (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
22:58:39CIA-6New commit by funman (r26529): tarball script: use gcp when cp isn't GNU cp
22:59:55funmanfunman/rockbox-3.6/"> <- added gigabeatf, iaudios and fonts
23:01:15funman < md5sums signed by me
23:01:55funmanhum fuze build lacks rockbox.sansa
23:03:05CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26530): Fix voice and manual build scripts even more
23:04:05CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26531): Fix voice and manual build scripts even more
23:05:33funmanit's there if i build it alone :/
23:06:39funmangevaerts: if you are making each commit twice, don't bother. we can merge all the commits in trunk later, no?
23:06:40 Join pamaury [0] (~pamaury@rockbox/developer/pamaury)
23:06:53funmanmake: vfork: Resource temporarily unavailable
23:06:58gevaertsfunman: yes, but every time I think it's the last one!
23:07:09gevaertsShall I do the bins too?
23:07:13funmanno i can redo them
23:07:24funmanor you mean, fix the bins script ? O:-)
23:07:28gevaertsno :)
23:07:40gevaertsThat's Bagder's job! He knows perl!
23:08:15funmani'll just remove -j and 2>/dev/null
23:10:22CIA-6New commit by funman (r26532): script: don't hide errors, they might be useful ...
23:11:06 Quit jgarvey (Quit: Leaving)
23:11:09 Join tom` [0] (
23:14:00CIA-6New commit by funman (r26533): script: don't hide errors, they might be useful ...
23:14:00 Quit bmbl (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
23:14:03funmanshall i build the source tarball now?
23:14:27funmanmake: *** No rule to make target `/Users/videolan/funman/rockbox-3.6/build-archosrecorderv2/pluginbitmaps/rockboxlogo.h', needed by `/Users/videolan/funman/rockbox-3.6/build-archosrecorderv2/apps/plugins/logo.o'. Stop.
23:14:31funman[B[B[Bmake: *** No rule to make target `/Users/videolan/funman/rockbox-3.6/build-archosrecorderv2/pluginbitmaps/rockboxlogo.h', needed by `/Users/videolan/funman/rockbox-3.6/build-archosrecorderv2/apps/plugins/logo.o'. Stop.
23:15:24kugelfunman: what make command is that?
23:15:57kugelfunman: is that a normal build?
23:16:03funmanwell yes?
23:16:09funmani'm using
23:16:10kugelso 3.6 is broken?
23:16:16funmanyes but i can remake the build
23:16:21funmanit's a race condition
23:16:31funmancat: /Users/videolan/funman/rockbox-3.6/build-iaudiom3/apps/features: No such file or directory
23:16:38*kugel thought that was connected to "shall i build the source tarball now?"
23:17:24funmanhm the 2 errors go together
23:17:40funmanalso /Users/videolan/funman/rockbox-3.6/apps/plugins/lua/lvm.c:762: warning: visibility attribute not supported in this configuration; ignored
23:18:19funmanno target is listed for this (i forgot to use -v)
23:20:25 Join froggyman [0] (~me@unaffiliated/froggyman)
23:21:09funmanthe perl script doesn't error out if make errors
23:21:33 Quit GeekShad0w (Quit: The cake is a lie !)
23:23:42funmaniaudiom3 (at least) triggers lua warnings
23:24:13 Quit mischasworld (Remote host closed the connection)
23:24:42 Quit GodEater (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
23:25:37pixelmaI think I saw those visibility attribute warnings in cygwin or crosscompiled sim builds, they don't do harm there
23:25:59funmanmake: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
23:25:59funmanmake: *** No rule to make target `zip'. Stop.
23:26:10funmannow let's try to find which target it was ..
23:26:55 Join MarcelloC [0] (~Marcello@
23:27:47 Join GodEater [0] (
23:27:47 Quit GodEater (Changing host)
23:27:47 Join GodEater [0] (~bibble@rockbox/staff/GodEater)
23:29:15funmanhow can I add a client to the buildsystem ?
23:30:08mc2739funman: tools/
23:30:28funmanmc2739: i mean a computer :)
23:30:43funmanto build targets, not a target to be builtr
23:34:52 Join wincent [0] (
23:34:55 Quit wincent (Client Quit)
23:35:05gevaertsManuals and voices at
23:35:48AlexPgood work chaps :)
23:36:50funmanthere is something wrong with the fuze svg in Quick Start
23:36:55AlexPSo I guess now it just needs Bagder to stick them on the server
23:38:22 Quit petur (Quit: Zzzzz)
23:38:26funmanc200 looks ok - i am using evince
23:38:26AlexPDoes someone fancy tagging it?
23:39:10gevaertsAlexP: IIRC that one is autogenerated
23:39:23 Join wincent [0] (
23:39:24mc2739i have the web page update queued up to commit whenever you are ready for it
23:39:35funmanteam work!
23:39:46AlexPgevaerts: OK, I'm just going by
23:39:54 Quit wincent (Changing host)
23:39:54 Join wincent [0] (~Miranda@rockbox/developer/wincent)
23:40:26gevaertsAlexP: ask Bagder to make sure I guess
23:40:42AlexPWe need him to move files etc. anyway
23:41:51 Quit Luca_S (Quit: CGI:IRC)
23:41:52funmanfunman/rockbox-3.6/"> (gigabeatfx building)
23:42:07gevaertsfunman: the fuze svg in Quick Start seems to be fine with xpdf
23:42:17Bagdertell me when the bins are complete
23:42:19pixelmafunman: how wrong?
23:42:20funmanok, i checked the html and it was fine
23:42:45AlexPBagder: yeah sorry, I thought they were
23:43:07pixelmafunman: I have a suspicion or two without even looking at it, you can show me tomorrow
23:43:09funmanfunman/rockbox-3.6/"> <- all the bins + fonts are there, although please test at least some of them to make sure
23:43:11Bagdertools/ is what controls what the latest release is called
23:44:35funman3.6 build works fine on fuze (including voice)
23:46:07funmani'm building the source tarball
23:47:00gevaertsfunman: I definitely don't see that with xpdf
23:47:13 Quit whydoubt (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
23:47:17 Join whydoubt [0] (
23:47:59Bagderhm there's a lot of RC files in there too
23:48:30Bagdercan you (re)move them?
23:48:49funmanBagder: ?
23:49:10Bagderbad argument to wget I guess
23:49:19Bagderweird tool ;-)
23:49:25funmanyeah, get curl O:-)
23:50:25funmanBagder: just added rockbox-3.6.7z
23:50:46funmannow i'm looking if i can add this machine to buildsystem
23:51:40 Quit kenguest (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
23:53:03Bagderall files in place
23:53:25 Join Track11 [0] (
23:53:47 Quit komputes (Remote host closed the connection)
23:55:22 Join kenguest [0] (
23:55:44pixelmafunman: I can't find anything of the typically troublesome stuff in the svg
23:56:10funmanpixelma: probably my pdf viewer
23:56:48 Quit merbanan (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
23:58:14funmanwhat's on rockbox-rbclient mailing list? only there for people not on irc?
23:58:17Track11Search over two weeks. I need one answer. Got a brand new Sansa Fuze v2 (2.03.31P) . I tested 5 different ways but it did nothing. The Fuze wouldnt start the "flash process".. only "database update" after disconnect /reboot twice.. Will it ever go? sry 4my bad english

Previous day | Next day