Previous day | Jump to hour: 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 | Next day

Seconds: Show Hide | Joins: Show Hide | View raw
Font: Serif Sans-Serif Monospace | Size: Small Medium Large

Click in the nick column to highlight everything a person has said.
The Logo icon identifies that the person is a core developer (has commit access).

#rockbox log for 2010-06-05

00:00:33 Join Zarggg [0] (~zarggg@2001:0:4137:9e74:0:fbf8:beb1:ba3d)
00:01:26n1ssigh, we have several strings that are the same in english.lang and translated to the same thing in the majority of languages but differs in one or a few...
00:02:58 Part DomasoFan ("I'm a happy Miranda IM user! Get it here:")
00:09:14Bagder"Flyspray contains 460 open patches" is just insane
00:09:21Mode"#rockbox -o Bagder" by Bagder (~daniel@rockbox/developer/bagder)
00:10:15n1syes, yes it is
00:11:15 Quit DataGhost (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
00:11:50bluebroth3risn't it a good time to start sorting them out? I bet quite a lot are outdated
00:12:07*S_a_i_n_t wonders about the percentage of those patches that actually stand a chance of being committed.
00:12:28 Join JohannesSM64 [0] (
00:12:58n1sbluebroth3r: maybe but since i don't know these languages it's hard to know, i could post it to the ML if i find enough cases i suppose
00:13:16n1sor maybe that wasn't directed at me :)
00:13:28n1sS_a_i_n_t: 17.3%
00:13:52bluebroth3rn1s: I was referring to the number of open patches in FS :)
00:24:55 Join hamish_ [0] (~hamish@
00:30:36 Join moparx [0] (~moparx@unaffiliated/moparx)
00:32:52 Quit S_a_i_n_t ()
00:33:19 Join S_a_i_n_t [0] (S_a_i_n_t@
00:40:55 Quit TheSeven (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
00:43:45 Join TheSeven [0] (~TheSeven@rockbox/developer/TheSeven)
00:43:52 Join MethoS- [0] (~clemens@
00:53:08 Join Astroe [0] (
00:56:28AstroeHey, can anyone help me out? I'm having some trouble with an install here. I'm running Ubuntu 10.04 and trying to install rockbox onto a sansa v2.
01:00:28Buschelwincent: sorry for the late feedback -> pcsim on cygwin works now
01:01:39wincentBuschel: I supposed it should. I had problems with dependencies in pdbox earlier;gevaerts helped me.
01:02:56Buschelwincent: great, I've learned from the fix as well :o)
01:03:04Domonoky1Astroe: we can only help if you ask a question... :-)
01:04:15AstroeWell I've been following the directions rockbox has but when I get to the part where I need the terminal it always finds some error message to spit at me.
01:04:43AstroeThis time is was telling me there is no such file or directory when I tried to run the mkamsboot.
01:06:18tmzthow did you try to run it?
01:07:37AstroeI've tried to run /mkamsboot and ./mkamsboot
01:07:50Astroefrom the folder it was in
01:08:08 Quit ender` (Quit: According to the FAA, the propeller blade didn't break off, it was just a case of "uncontained blade liberation.")
01:08:27tmzt./mkamsboot should work
01:08:41tmztwhat is the begining part of the error message? bash: or mksamsboot:
01:08:51wincentBuschel: Do you intend to try further optimizations or can I close the FS task?
01:09:16Domonoky1Astroe: what sansa is this ? and why dont you use Rockbox Utillity ?
01:10:04AstroeWhen I ran /mkamsboot it told me bash: there is no such file or directory and when i ran /.mkamsboot it said bash: ./mkamsboot: Permission denied
01:10:17 Quit TheSeven (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01:10:29 Join TheSeven [0] (~TheSeven@rockbox/developer/TheSeven)
01:10:36 Join anewuser [0] (anewuser@unaffiliated/anewuser)
01:10:37Buschelwincent: you may close it.
01:10:39AstroeAnd I can't use the utility. It's a Fuze v2, the utility doesnt support v2 yet
01:11:15tmztpermission denied shouldn't happen
01:11:22tmztdid you download this file or compile it?
01:11:32AstroeDownloaded it.
01:11:50tmztthen you need to run chmod +x mkamsboot if you trust the source
01:12:35CIA-6New commit by amiconn (r26562): Port greylib blitting optimisation to clipv2 and Clip+. Actual speedup can't be measured because something is fishy with the cpu clocking (calculated ...
01:13:17 Join TexasRockbox [0] (
01:13:20 Quit GeekShadow (Quit: The cake is a lie !)
01:13:50AstroeSweet. Thanks tmzt
01:14:08TexasRockboxIs the .fms code enabled for iPod 5.5g with build 3.6?
01:14:16CIA-6New commit by peter (r26563): Fix some untranslated strings in the Dutch langfile
01:14:37AlexPTexasRockbox: Yes
01:15:43TexasRockboxOK, thank you. I tried to create a quick .fms file, selected the .fms in themes and I seem to get nothing.. I'll keep working at it.
01:16:32bluebroth3rAstroe: Rockbox Utility does support the Fuze v2 if you compile from sources.
01:17:09bluebroth3rif you give me a couple of minutes I can build a binary from svn. Building takes a bit though (at least on the machine I've set that up)
01:17:16Astroebluebroth3r: I am very new to linux. I don't know how to compile.
01:17:25 Quit TexasRockbox (Client Quit)
01:19:59CIA-6New commit by peter (r26564): More untranslated strings in Dutch langfile. Note to self: next time update to head before running genlang.
01:20:43literaln1s: can you commit this too?
01:22:19Rob2222funman: are you there?
01:23:30bluebroth3rAstroe: build running. Should be done in 10 Minutes or so
01:24:22Astroebluebroth3r: It's all good man. I got it installed.
01:26:42AstroeQuit: one-armed man applauds the kindness of strangers
01:26:44Tornedoes anyone have a nano2g and the ability to measure current drawn over USB? :)
01:26:47 Quit Astroe (Quit: Leaving)
01:27:43*bluebroth3r only has the former
01:28:18 Quit TheSeven (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01:28:21 Join TheSeven [0] (~TheSeven@rockbox/developer/TheSeven)
01:29:58n1sliteral: i'd rather wait until i'm done with this cleanup i'm working on which should be tomorrow
01:30:29Tornebluebroth3r: we're going to build the reuired hardware (a usb cable with a multimeter spliced in) but nobody appears to have a nano2g at devcon
01:30:35bluebroth3rI'm considering to close various old feature requests. What do the others thing?
01:30:50bluebroth3rTorne: too bad :(
01:31:09literaln1s: ok
01:31:29bluebroth3rif I had a spare Ipod cable I could try building one up tomorrow. Though my multimeter is a really cheap one so might be not suited at all
01:31:59bluebroth3rare you working on the charging stuff? Or is that for general power consumption?
01:32:30bluebroth3rhmm, maybe I should try to buy a cheap ipod cable tomorrow :)
01:32:41Tornei am indeed working on the charging stuff
01:33:25Torneah, we have a cable made up, in fact :)
01:34:09Torneit's not urgent
01:34:13Tornei wouldn't worry about it :)
01:34:24Tornei'll pester theseven as i suspect he's already tested this
01:34:43 Quit Zagor (Quit: Leaving)
01:34:46 Quit JohannesSM64 (Quit: WeeChat 0.3.3-dev)
01:35:01 Quit Domonoky1 (Quit: Leaving.)
01:36:00 Quit kugel (Remote host closed the connection)
01:36:36 Join bluebrother [0] (~dom@rockbox/developer/bluebrother)
01:36:55 Quit TheSeven (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
01:36:58 Join TheSeven [0] (~TheSeven@rockbox/developer/TheSeven)
01:37:34 Quit bluebroth3r (Read error: Operation timed out)
01:39:34bluebrotherTorne: would be great to have proper usb charging on the ipods
01:39:42n1sIf anyone has any stuff they want to do that breaks the lang order tomorrow will be a good day to do it or tell me about it and i'll try to include it in my megapatch
01:40:42Tornebluebrother: yes, that's what i'm doing
01:40:54Tornebluebrother: i've almost finished the infrastructure for a better way of handling usb charging in general
01:41:00Torneand i have working usb charging on ipodvideo
01:41:21Tornethere's code to do it on several other models as well but i'll need to test it
01:41:22 Quit storm` ()
01:41:28Tornewill do it tomorrow on any models we hav ehandy here ;)
01:42:25n1swow, we made it to news with our release
01:45:15 Quit Buschel ()
01:46:49 Quit pamaury (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
01:48:25bluebrotherTorne: great. I can test on mini2g and nano2g (and on some non-ipod players). Should be doable for me by modifying a usb extension cable :)
01:48:33 Quit bertrik (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
01:50:36bluebrotheris goban a pure viewer or can it also play (i.e. gnugo)?
01:52:15 Quit funman (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
01:54:37S_a_i_n_tbluebrother: IIUC, it can also be used as a viewer
01:55:50 Quit petur (Quit: Zzzz)
01:56:38S_a_i_n_tTorne: RE: Nano2g+current draw, is it possible to add that info to the debug screen?
01:56:58S_a_i_n_tIf so, I could check it quite easily...I cannot find my multimeter
01:57:13S_a_i_n_t(and I've checked *everywhere*)
01:57:51S_a_i_n_tIt's also a long weekend/public holiday here so I haven't been able to purchase one either to check the draw from the Nanos over USB
01:58:53hamish_S_a_i_n_t, where dp you live?
01:59:42***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
02:01:19S_a_i_n_thamish_: Um...why?
02:01:34hamish_just curious as to what the long holiday was :P
02:01:59S_a_i_n_t"Queens Birthday Weekend" though, that is wildly off-topic
02:15:35 Join togetic [0] (~togetic@unaffiliated/ibuffy)
02:18:46TheSevenTorne: pong
02:18:58TheSevenwhat exactly do you need regarding nano2g power consumption?
02:21:58 Quit merbanan (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
02:23:31 Quit Xerion (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
02:23:55literalwincent: 1
02:23:58 Join Xerion [0] (
02:34:18wincentliteral: 0 :-)
02:34:29 Join Majko11 [0] (
02:35:01literalthat was a failed attempt at typing /window 1
02:38:16Majko11Hello world! :D I have a question about my Rockboxed Sansa e280 Rhapsody
02:38:48Majko11The recording feature is absolutely stunning, does wavpack for awesome big recordings
02:38:56Majko11but the sample rate cap is at 22.05kHz
02:39:05n1sTheSeven: do you have any assembly or other such fun things from the nano4g to look at? :)
02:39:28TheSevenloads of that
02:39:38TheSevenway too much crap to ever dig through...
02:39:40Majko11The microphone seems good enough for higher sample rates, say CD or even 48kHz like my terrible old Quadro mp3 i got for 3 bucks can :)
02:40:26Majko11I can't seem to find in the PP5024 datasheet, if it allows 44 or 48kHz ADC
02:40:27n1sTheSeven: oh, i was hoping to do some light digging but that doesn't sound too promising
02:40:48TheSevenbasically i'm still stuck in that efi hell
02:41:07n1sMajko11: i'm fairly certain it's a limitation of the hardware, probably the DAC
02:41:12TheSevenwe will probably need some kind of automated data flow tracker to finally sort this out
02:41:42n1sTheSeven: would trying an emulator make any sense?
02:42:22TheSevenif that emulator would be good enough, maybe yes, but it'll probably have to emulate a lot of peripherals to work correctly up to a point where the interesting things start
02:42:24Majko11n1s: I don't know, like I said, I own something that could be the worst player you can find these days, and it can do 48kHz, but it's software is very buggy so it's only 256MB so it won't serve it's purpose
02:42:52n1sMajko11: that is entirely irrelevant
02:43:24TheSevenwhat we basically need to do is build a control flow and data flow graph, to find all calls to the efi boot services, especially that installMultipleProtocolInterfaces function
02:43:33n1sTheSeven: so how would one get "that efi hell" to play with? :)
02:43:42TheSevenonce we got them all, track down which GUIDs get registered to which function tables
02:44:32Majko11n1s: ok, it's still like a developer or someone familiar with the PP5024 to confirm that the maximum sample rate we can get out of it is 22.05k. Thank you! :)
02:44:42Majko11i'd still like*
02:44:59n1swow, that sounds a bit complicated for a dap bootloader O_o
02:46:33n1sbut how did you get the decrypted code, not that i think i could solve that thing...
02:47:01TheSeventhen track down all the calls to those function tables, and in the end build an xref graph of all the function calls to the functions where they actually end up
02:47:16saratogamax sample rate is 22k or 32k IIRC
02:47:16TheSevenby decrypting it :-)
02:47:36TheSevenwe have an exploit at the bootrom stage, which they can't fix
02:47:55TheSevenand we have figured out how to use the AES coprocessor :-)
02:48:15n1sah, didn't know that, so a somewhat proper bootloader could be made then?
02:48:57TheSevenyep, but we need to figure out how all the other peripherals work before we can actually write some code
02:49:23Majko11saratoga: I haven't tried recording radio with the original or rockbox software, but the original fw used 16khz for mic, and rockbox offers only 22k for both. Datasheet says that the chip also has a line-in which probably suggests for some higher rates, but line-in didn't make it out on the sansa
02:49:36TheSevencurrently, we have working drivers for usb (control and bulk), the lcd and the backlight
02:49:37n1saha, i've been a bit out of the loop, thought you were still looking for a better exploit
02:49:48TheSevenneither flash nor clickwheel yet :-/
02:50:09n1sthe first sansa bootloaders had neither lcd, nor flash iirc :)
02:50:32n1sis that stuff on the l4n site?
02:50:44 Join Tarvis [0] (
02:51:16TheSeventhe drivers are in my sourcecode snapshot, but we can't share disassemblies for obvious reasons :-)
02:51:54TheSevensee /nano4g and /tools/ibugger/nano4g
02:52:30n1sdoes ibugger work via this bootrom hole or the old notes thing?
02:53:24TheSevenhowever, the lcd and sdram will only work if run through the notes exploit, because we don't know how to properly initialize that yet, and the bootrom exploit kicks in before the OFW can initialize it
02:54:36n1si suppose there is no chance of hooking up jtag or something and listening in what the OF does?
02:55:03 Quit voRia (Quit: Leaving.)
02:59:39 Join CGL [0] (~CGL@
03:01:55 Quit n1s (Quit: Lmnar)
03:02:10 Nick CGL is now known as emo_CGL (~CGL@
03:02:46 Nick emo_CGL is now known as emo_[CGL] (~CGL@
03:06:28 Join hebz0rl [0] (
03:23:01 Quit DerPapst (Quit: Leaving.)
03:24:46 Join puetzk [0] (
03:28:26 Join storm` [0] (
03:31:10 Quit S_a_i_n_t ()
03:39:17 Join S_a_i_n_t [0] (S_a_i_n_t@
03:42:53 Quit Beta2K (Read error: Operation timed out)
03:48:20 Join Beta2K [0] (
03:57:23 Join CaptainKwel [0] (
03:58:12 Quit hebz0rl (Quit: Ex-Chat)
03:59:46***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
04:01:21 Join kaylinsigsworth [0] (
04:06:53 Quit TheSeven (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
04:10:53 Join TheSeven [0] (~TheSeven@rockbox/developer/TheSeven)
04:11:31 Join kramer3d [0] (~kramer@unaffiliated/kramer3d)
04:40:52 Join Barahir [0] (
04:42:13 Quit Barahir_ (Read error: Operation timed out)
04:52:26 Join pixelma_ [0] (quassel@rockbox/staff/pixelma)
04:52:26 Quit pixelma (Disconnected by services)
04:52:48 Nick pixelma_ is now known as pixelma (quassel@rockbox/staff/pixelma)
04:54:02 Quit amiconn (Disconnected by services)
04:54:04 Join amiconn_ [0] (quassel@rockbox/developer/amiconn)
04:54:28 Nick amiconn_ is now known as amiconn (quassel@rockbox/developer/amiconn)
04:56:33 Join Llorean [0] (~DarkkOne@rockbox/user/Llorean)
05:02:46 Quit togetic (Read error: Operation timed out)
05:08:01 Quit moparx (Quit: moparx)
05:08:19 Join togetic [0] (~togetic@unaffiliated/ibuffy)
05:11:04 Quit Majko11 ()
05:21:42 Quit puetzk (Quit: puetzk)
05:40:52 Quit hamish_ (Remote host closed the connection)
05:50:00 Quit fdinel (Quit: Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.
05:51:56 Nick emo_[CGL] is now known as [CGL] (~CGL@
05:53:08 Quit panni_ (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
05:59:48***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
06:08:05 Quit anewuser (Quit: for SELL 2 by the price of 1 now!)
06:14:18 Quit Llorean (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
06:15:09 Quit jhMikeS ()
06:15:55 Join Llorean [0] (
06:23:22 Join hamish_ [0] (~hamish@
06:27:17 Quit CaptainKwel (Quit: Ex-Chat)
06:41:17 Join VCR-clock [0] (~wut@
06:41:55 Quit VCR-clock (Client Quit)
07:34:03 Quit hideki (Quit: さようなら)
07:35:38 Join bieber [0] (
07:35:52 Quit Horscht (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
07:37:17 Quit Barahir (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
07:40:53 Join Barahir [0] (
07:43:27 Join Horscht [0] (~Horscht2@xbmc/user/horscht)
07:52:07NRGhow could i help in making a nes emulator for rockbox?
07:53:11Unhelpfulyou could write or port one? ;)
07:56:48 Quit saratoga (Quit: Page closed)
07:56:56 Join saratoga [0] (~9803c6dd@gateway/web/freenode/x-fvzpqdpfhtmnyfnc)
07:59:52***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
08:01:34NRGi'm not really sure how to make a rock yet
08:04:07literalwhat sort of battery life are you getting on a Clip+ with Rockbox?
08:05:00literalI'm almost done with a battery life test and it seems like it will be 13 hours
08:05:05literalI'm wondering how typical that is
08:05:25 Join ucchan [0] (
08:08:50NRGsounds pretty good to me
08:18:45ucchanI will commit the new text viewer plugin (FS #11209) because the problem reports are little (1post only).
08:21:17 Quit kramer3d (Quit: Leaving)
08:22:12ucchanPlease give the comment to me when you are disagreement,
08:30:33saratogaucchan: ping
08:32:20ucchansaratoga whats?
08:32:29saratogadid you get my email about TTA licensing?
08:34:16ucchanMail is not sent.
08:34:47ucchanLicence violation?
08:35:21saratogaucchan: the TTA people want to know if you will license your ASM code under BSD so they can merge it back into the official TTA decoder
08:38:26saratogaalso, they said the arm code would be helpful for their encoder too
08:39:21ucchanthanks. I will contact True Audio Codec Software.
08:40:04saratogaald at
08:40:36saratogaalso, I tried your yoshihisa.uchida at gmail account, is that correct?
08:41:12ucchanYes. this address is my official e-mail address.
08:41:39saratogastrange that it did not work
08:42:24ucchandoes not reach? I don't check for a while.
08:42:49saratogaif you would email them it would be great, they've been asking me for a few days now if they can use your code
08:42:53saratogaanyway, i need sleep
08:44:16ucchansorry. I read now.
08:46:07 Join paddymelon [0] (~paddy_mel@unaffiliated/paddymelon/x-873732)
08:50:47 Join bmbl [0] (~Miranda@unaffiliated/bmbl)
08:59:03 Join bertrik [0] (~bertrik@rockbox/developer/bertrik)
09:04:59paddymelonHey guys, I run ipodlinux (with ZeroSlacker) and would like to use the rockbox bootloader... how do I set it so it sends certain options to the linux.bin file? Because, currently it can't find root and I need to set root as /dev/hda2
09:05:12paddymelonany bootloader config file?
09:05:42rvvs89You can't.
09:05:59paddymelonthere's no way at all?
09:06:15rvvs89You can only send boot options with Loader 2.
09:06:17paddymelonBut, that's dumb... doesn't that mean nobody can boot ipodlinux with the bootloader?
09:06:39rvvs89No, the kernel boots fine with no options.
09:07:18paddymelonSee, loader2 wont work for me... I just get the 'Not a valid FAT superblock' error so, any other way to boot it with options
09:07:42paddymelonbtw, it does need options for zeroslacker... to set the root of linux... maybe the normal kernel doesn't need this
09:08:21 Quit kaylinsigsworth (Remote host closed the connection)
09:08:39paddymelonare there any other bootloaders?
09:08:43paddymelonAt all?
09:08:51rvvs89That sounds like a bug in an old version of Loader 2
09:09:05rvvs89There's Loader 0, I don't think you want to use that.
09:09:17paddymelonI'm using the latest from ipodlinux site
09:10:11rvvs89Hmm, could you link me to the page where you downloaded it from?
09:10:35paddymelonone sec... let's find it
09:11:30paddymelonwell, now I remember
09:11:35paddymelonin ZeroSlacker
09:11:50paddymelonwhich was built in like 2007... I'll try the latest loader2
09:12:15paddymelon... but I have my doubts
09:12:16rvvs89Latest version I have locally is from 2008
09:12:23rvvs89For ZeroSlackr
09:12:48paddymelonok, I just got the zeroslacker latest from the sourceforge
09:12:57paddymelonlike a day ago... (was redoing it all)
09:13:06paddymelonso, is it an OK binary?
09:13:51paddymelonYep, got the latest version of Loader2 from ZeroSlacker... so stuffed up
09:14:06CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26565): Theme Editor: Enabled persistent window and panel locations
09:14:09paddymelonwhat's loader0 BTW, can't find it on google
09:14:48rvvs89The original bootloader for iPodLinux, I don't think it supports anything above the iPod 3G.
09:15:05rvvs89That's the latest official release of Loader 2.
09:15:16paddymelonIs that the one included in latest ZeroSlacker?
09:15:26rvvs89I don't know
09:15:37paddymelonit was last changed before the latest zeroslacker so I'm guessing it is
09:16:08paddymelonI'll install it and see...
09:19:03paddymelonOK, not working
09:19:13paddymelonsame problem with FAT superblock
09:19:15rvvs89I think it would be best to move this to #ipodlinux
09:19:22paddymelonalright, thanks
09:29:13 Join flydutch [0] (
09:31:39 Join stoffel [0] (
09:32:59 Join ender` [0] (
09:34:33 Join jhMikeS [0] (
09:34:33 Quit jhMikeS (Changing host)
09:34:33 Join jhMikeS [0] (~jethead71@rockbox/developer/jhMikeS)
09:38:32CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26566): Theme Editor: Enabled tag closing
09:38:53 Join Zagor [0] (~bjst@rockbox/developer/Zagor)
09:48:13 Join bertrik_ [0] (~bertrik@rockbox/developer/bertrik)
09:49:01 Quit bertrik (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
09:49:02 Join Rob2223 [0] (
09:51:00 Nick bertrik_ is now known as bertrik (~bertrik@rockbox/developer/bertrik)
09:51:06 Join petur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
09:51:36 Join Domonoky [0] (~domonoky@rockbox/developer/domonoky)
09:52:13 Quit Rob2222 (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
09:59:49 Join knittl [0] (~knittl@unaffiliated/knittl)
09:59:54***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
10:00:08knittlhi guys. i'm just wondering if there was a problem with your git+svn repository?
10:00:14JdGordonpixelma: pong
10:00:32 Join p3tur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
10:00:37knittlorigin/master and git-svn are different commits
10:01:11 Quit p3tur (Remote host closed the connection)
10:01:23 Quit petur (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
10:01:28knittlseems like svn r23188 was amended
10:01:44knittlso the old commit is still in the origin/master branch
10:01:48 Quit phanboy4 (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
10:01:52 Join pamaury [0] (~pamaury@rockbox/developer/pamaury)
10:02:27knittlif somebody could simply do a hard-reset of the master branch onto git-svn branch head
10:02:37pixelmaJdGordon: wanted to tell you yesterday that remote default fonts are working nicely... and I found out now that your big cuesheet rework broke auto-change directory on Archos (Recorder is affected to if you want to test ;) ). Revisions 21968/9 and r21982
10:03:26JdGordonok,, that is rather odd (and 3000 revisions ago :/ )
10:03:51pixelmayeah, was fun to test
10:04:12JdGordonok file a bug for it
10:04:41 Join petur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
10:04:48JdGordonbtw, the archos wallwart is 110v only so even though I have a ajbr testing isnt so easy still
10:05:50pixelmayou can charge the batteries in a usual NiMH charger (I have to do that for the Ondio anyways ;) )
10:06:59JdGordonthat would mean buying new batteries
10:07:09JdGordonI tihnk the ones in it are origionals and very dead
10:08:49JdGordonbieber: compile error in themeditor with svn :(
10:09:03bieberWhat's the error?
10:09:10bieberEverything was fine on my system :(
10:10:36JdGordonmissing file mybe?
10:11:19knittlany server/repositoryadmins online?
10:11:49Zagorknittl: yes
10:12:08knittlZagor: git-svn and origin/master heads are not the same
10:12:28knittlseems like r23188 was amended in svn
10:12:47Zagor23188 was ages ago
10:12:50knittli know
10:13:12 Quit advcomp2019 (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
10:13:17bieberJdGordon: Did you run qmake? It looks like it's only missing stuff from the .ui file
10:13:25Zagorknittl: I'm not well versed in the ways of git-svn. do you have any idea how to fix it?
10:13:42knittlZagor: well, git diff master git-svn doesn't show any difference
10:13:58knittlhistory is the same, only r23188 is twice in the repo (with and without commit message)
10:14:09JdGordonbieber: yeah, clean and qmake and make. same thing
10:14:15 Join n1s [0] (~n1s@rockbox/developer/n1s)
10:14:21knittlquick fix is to git checkout master; git reset −−hard git-svn
10:14:31knittlthis resets the master branch to git-svn
10:14:43knittlpeople using git directly would have to rebase though
10:14:45 Join advcomp2019 [0] (~advcomp20@unaffiliated/advcomp2019)
10:15:15 Join anewuser [0] (anewuser@unaffiliated/anewuser)
10:15:44bieberJdGordon: That's really strange. Let me check out the SVN copy somewhere and see if it compiles for me
10:16:19 Quit Zagor (Remote host closed the connection)
10:17:00bieberI did a clean checkout and no problems
10:17:28JdGordonqt3 or 4?
10:17:30bieberIt looks like for some reason MOC isn't doing its thing properly on the ui file in your copy
10:18:09JdGordonlame... :(
10:18:11 Join stripwax [0] (
10:18:16JdGordonqmake-qt4 && make
10:19:08 Join funman [0] (~fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
10:19:53bieberHave you edited any files locally?
10:21:13bieberThat's really weird
10:21:55JdGordonpixelma: what was the issue again? if dir advance is on it does what?
10:22:35CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26567): Theme Editor: Got document title change signal working, beginning work on save function
10:22:38bieberI just committed what I have now, give that a shot
10:23:11 Join GeekShadow [0] (~Antoine@reactos/tester/GeekShadow)
10:23:22bluebrotherbuilding works fine for me.
10:23:46pixelmaJdGordon: it crashes with a CPUAdrEr in cue_find_current_track
10:24:04bluebrotherbtw: tried to build the theme editor on Windows yesterday, worked fine.
10:24:33bieberHow do the movable panels behave on Windows?
10:24:33 Join einhirn [0] (
10:24:38JdGordonbieber: :( no..
10:24:49bluebrothersame as on linux :)
10:24:49JdGordonpixelma: when?
10:24:49pixelmaJdGordon: at the point where it actually needs to advance to a different dir
10:24:53 Join teru [0] (
10:25:10bieberI'd love to see screenshots from a Mac too, if anyone around here uses one
10:25:38bluebrotherI can make one later
10:26:01JdGordonpixelma: I dont suppose anyone there can hook it up to gdb and get a stack trace?
10:26:22bieberJdGordon: Maybe try doing an svn co in a fresh dir?
10:26:52 Join Zagor [0] (~bjst@rockbox/developer/Zagor)
10:27:05bluebrotherJdGordon: have you tried completely removing the build folder first?
10:27:16pixelmaJdGordon: I can't (won't work on Ondio anyways) and...
10:27:25JdGordonah deleted the whole damn folder and svn uped again.. all good
10:27:43amiconnJdGordon: No, not during devcon. I don't have the necessary tools, serial cable and usb-serial adapter with me
10:28:51JdGordonpixelma: is it all folders? and dos the track have a .cue?
10:29:31pixelmayes all folders, track does not have a cue and cuesheet support enabled or disabled doesn't matter
10:29:46knittlZagor: you can also directly edit the files in .git ^^
10:30:00AlexPJdGordon: I got round to testing the cue sheet markers on the FM progress bar - 1) It seems limited in number, and 2) It looks a bit rubbish -
10:30:30Zagorknittl: ok. you'll have to walk me through it.
10:30:38knittlZagor: but wait a sec
10:30:47knittli don't know your exact infrastructure
10:30:53knittlhow do you push/update your git repo?
10:30:57JdGordonAlexP: limited in number?
10:31:04Zagorknittl: from svn post-commit
10:31:05JdGordonyou mean lots missing?
10:31:07knittlsvn post-commit hook?
10:31:21JdGordonand yeah, does look crap with that many...
10:31:23AlexPJdGordon: It doesn't show all of them - see the screen dump - I have more presets after the bars stop
10:31:54knittlZagor: could you show me the relevant lines from your hook?
10:32:30AlexPJdGordon: Could it be added as an argument to the pb tag? I don't mind if someone wants to show them, but with lots of presets it looks a bit crap and I'd quite like to be able to turn them off :)
10:32:48pixelmathe markers there look more like a design element in the "progress bar" so you can't even imagine that they have a meaning
10:37:38 Quit stripwax (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
10:37:50n1spixelma: do you have any lang string order breakign thingsa you want to get in, i think i'll commit the cleanup today
10:38:33 Quit einhirn (Quit: Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.
10:38:51 Join einhirn [0] (
10:39:22 Join dfkt [0] (dfkt@unaffiliated/dfkt)
10:40:30CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26568): Theme Editor: Basic save-as functionality working, but only invoked when a tab is closed
10:40:40pixelman1s: no, can't think of any :)
10:41:34n1sok, i'll commit it later then, if someone comes up with something they want to do it's not really a problem to break the order twice in a day
10:44:38JdGordonpixelma: playback works fine untill it wants to change folders?
10:45:15pixelmaJdGordon: yes
10:48:51StummiI am wondering, if there is somewhat like a tamagotchi-game for rockbox
10:49:10 Quit petur ()
10:49:16 Quit elcan (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
10:49:21 Join petur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
10:49:49bertrikno there is not
10:50:00bertrikyou're welcome to write one :)
10:51:16 Join elcan [0] (
10:51:20Stummiyes, maybe i will try this ;) But I am not very fit with c/c++ cause I worked mostly with python and java to yet. Maybe I can use this to learn that :)
10:52:04AlexPJust C :)
10:53:51JdGordonpixelma: ok, well I have a guess what it might be, but no idea why it doesnt crash swcodec... or how to fix it
10:55:42pixelmaok, will report it then. Maybe you could add a comment
10:55:46bertrikis there a tag in the wfms to indicate whether radio reception is stereo or not?
10:56:38pixelmaI believe though that not all FMS (and especially recording) tags are mentioned on CustomWPS yet
10:56:54*pixelma wonders if the page should be renamed..
10:57:10JdGordonthey should be
10:58:03pixelmaJdGordon: I remember having to look up some of them in the source when working on the built-in FMS
10:58:33CIA-6New commit by bluebrother (r26569): Improve error handling. ...
10:59:02pixelmamaybe only recording tags though (recording time IIRC)
10:59:25 Join einhirn_ [0] (
11:01:05 Quit whydoubt (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
11:02:40bertrikI wouldn't mind working on a cabbiev2 FMS for the clip this weekend
11:03:12 Quit einhirn (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
11:04:33JdGordonbluebrother: so whats the plan for the themesite?
11:05:04pixelmaJdGordon: maybe it's not actually a sw/hwcodec thing but CPU architecture? Works on my M5 and c200 though
11:05:38amiconnIt's most probably hwcodec playback engine
11:05:48pixelmaI'll file for "hwcodec" though
11:06:35amiconnIt looks like some structure member doesn't get inited properly on dirchange, so it thinks there is a cuesheet where there actually is none
11:06:38JdGordonmy guess is that the PLAYBACK_EVENT_TRACK_CHANGE event isnt being sent out correctly
11:06:56amiconn...but only on dirchange, not on ordinary track change
11:07:07*pixelma looks around for some flyspray admin who can change the "reported version" dropdown list
11:07:32amiconnIiuc the problem affected all track changes right after r21968, and r21982 fixed it for normal track changes
11:07:55 Quit bmbl (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
11:08:22bluebrotherDomonoky: ping
11:08:50bluebrotherseen JdGordon's question? How should we proceed with the theme site / theme versioning?
11:08:51 Join bmbl [0] (~Miranda@unaffiliated/bmbl)
11:09:41*pixelma spots a Zagor ;)
11:10:22Domonokybluebrother: i am not sure. But i think the best way is to copy the current themesite to another place before we upgrade to the new syntacs.
11:10:43bluebrotherkeeping a copy is usually a good idea :)
11:10:56Domonokywould also make it easier to handle in rbutil (just use another URL if the version is below 3.7 or below a specific revision)
11:10:58bluebrotherhowever, how do we want to handle different theme syntax version?
11:11:39bluebrotherwell, Rockbox Utility would need to handle both versions (old old for last release, new one for current builds)
11:12:05Domonokyjup, just get the themes from another URL..
11:12:20Zagor3.6 added to flyspray
11:12:24bluebrothermy idea would rather be to store the compatibiliy information in the theme site database (isn't that stored there already?), then transmit a version number to the theme site when requesting the list of themes
11:12:36bluebrotherthen the theme site can return different download urls.
11:12:49JdGordonI really like that idea
11:13:57Domonokydoesnt sound too bad, but needs much more work, and there is probably noone doing that.
11:14:18bluebrotherthe question is where to get the version number for the syntax: use the svn revision? Then we should use that for releases as well, but that could cause problems because of syntax changes between release branch changes and trunk changes.
11:14:21Domonokythe themesite would have to have different locations for old and new theme zips.
11:14:51bluebrotherthe theme site could simply store the zip files as :)
11:15:09Domonokyif you change all this php code, sure...
11:15:14JdGordoncan the themesite store the branch revision and do a lookup?
11:15:34JdGordonso rbutil would send 3.6 and the themesite would know <25000
11:15:38Domonokybut if we want todo the syntacs change somewhere in the near future, i think the only solution is to just copy the theme site.
11:16:22DomonokyJdGordon: it can do anything you want. but currently it doesnt know anything about revisions..
11:16:28bluebrotherwell, 3.6 matching to "less than 25000" sounds problematic to me.
11:16:35Domonokyit just displays theme zips which pass the correct checkwps
11:16:58bluebrotherhow does this "pass the correct checkwps" look like?
11:17:40JdGordonhang on.. if the release checkwps is different to the daily checkwps then why is there a problem? either rbutil sends rxxxxx or 3.x or whatever..
11:17:40bluebrotherrbutilqt.php does return pass_release and pass_current tags.
11:17:53JdGordondoes the db already know which was the last checkwps it passed?
11:17:59Domonokyit just runs checkwps on all themes whitch apply (screensizes) and stores the result (true/false)
11:18:21Domonokyit only stores the result of current checkwps and last release checkwps
11:19:25JdGordonwould storing the last pass be hard?
11:19:48JdGordonstarting from *now* though, not from the beginging
11:20:04bluebrotherdoes that help? IMO it would be great if it was possible to install themes for an older Rockbox installation and still getting only compatible themes
11:20:11Domonokythat would mean bigger db changes, so not easy
11:20:50JdGordonbluebrother: well I meant that running every theme on every old ceckwps would be painful right now
11:21:21bluebrotherJdGordon: sure, I wouldn't want to start supporting the past :)
11:21:58bluebrotherhowever, with a theme syntax version the database would only need to store a list of theme syntax versions (or even only the first and last version) a theme is compatible with.
11:22:26bluebrotherso that would need a field "first syntax compatible" and "last syntax compatible".
11:22:30Domonokyand new fields to store old and new zips for a theme
11:22:34bluebrotherproblem is when it comes to updates.
11:22:59JdGordonstore them as db blobs :)
11:23:13bluebrothernot necessarily. The zip filename could get generated, like ThemeFileName-FirstSyntaxCompatibleNumber
11:24:06Domonokysure, but that are all big changes to the themesite, and i dont see someone doing the neccesary work for that.
11:24:19bluebrotherwhen retrieving rbutilqt.php the theme site would need to check the version number transmitted by Rockbox Utility and only return the themes that have a first syntax - last syntax range that contains that value
11:24:37bluebrotherIMO we need to do that eventually anyway :o
11:26:03bluebrotherI would acutally look into that issue (though I have no idea how much time that would need and how much time I'll have to spend), but first we need to find a way to figure how it should work :)
11:27:00bluebrotheras a first measure, rbutilqt.php could check the transmitted version number and if it notices that as release version (by whatever means) it returns different paths (to the "old" site copy)
11:27:33bluebrotherit could even use a header(Location:");
11:28:31 Join lpereira [0] (
11:30:14 Quit stoffel (Remote host closed the connection)
11:30:43 Join merbanan [0] (
11:34:19 Join whydoubt [0] (
11:38:09 Join DomasoFan [0] (
11:40:05 Part DomasoFan ("I'm a happy Miranda IM user! Get it here:")
11:41:49Stummiis there something like a quickstart-guide, howto make plugins for rockbox? I found the helloworld.c, and this seems to explain something, about making the plugin itselfs. But how do I define, where (in which menu) the plugin appears? The hello-world-plugin doesn't seems to be used anywhere to yet
11:42:29bluebrotherStummi: check apps/plugins/CATEGORIES
11:43:30Stummiand there i just have to add an row "helloworld,demos" or so?
11:43:51DomonokyStummi: yes, and add helloworld.c to SOURCES.
11:45:33Stummiah, it works. Thanks
11:46:38 Join Barahir_ [0] (
11:49:06 Join DomasoFan [0] (
11:49:43 Quit Barahir (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
11:50:38AlexPJdGordon: Do you have an example of a new tag?
11:50:54JdGordonwhat sort of new tag?
11:51:01AlexPThe new format
11:51:44JdGordonif a ta had params it is now %aa(1,2,3,) instead of %aa|1|2|3|
11:51:52JdGordonotherwise no change
11:52:04DomasoFanhello everyone. when i create my bootloader and i want to create another one for a different player i issue 'make clean' to clean the source code up and after that i can't build another one. do i need always a new pull from the svn to build another bootloader or is there a command to reuse the code?
11:52:40bertrikno, you don't need to pull, you do need to rerun ../tools/configure though
11:52:54DomonokyDomasoFan: you can just use a different build directory and rerun configure
11:53:25bertrikyes indeed, it makes a lot of sense to use different build directories for different targets
11:53:39JdGordonAlexP: ignore that last comma though.. that was a typo
11:53:49AlexPwill do
11:54:28 Quit petur (Remote host closed the connection)
11:54:34DomasoFanah ok. thanks. will try that.
11:55:34JdGordonI really want to do the changeover tonight/tomroow so people helping test the update program/script and the patch from the ml would be very useful
11:56:31AlexPwill do
11:57:38AlexPJdGordon: skinbreak.diff from 01/06?
11:57:55JdGordonAlexP: oh, incase your are manually updating scripts, the oclour tags have been ripped of the viewport tags now
11:58:15AlexPI'll try the script first
11:58:43JdGordonim just reviewing that diff to make sure it is still good... it still applies which is a good sign :p
11:59:56***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
12:00:02AlexPWhere is the script btw?
12:00:49 Quit hamish_ (Quit: Leaving)
12:01:10 Join hamish_ [0] (~hamish@ will do a whole zip, otherwsie make in there will get you the program to do a single file
12:03:18S_a_i_n_tI *really* need to head to bed, but I need to update my skins also...
12:03:33S_a_i_n_twhat's the syntax to run the script?
12:04:25S_a_i_n_t...and, can it run on .zips recursively? <zip file> <working temp dir>
12:05:30CIA-6New commit by torne (r26570): New USB charging system, part 1 - API rework and user-visible setting update ...
12:06:20S_a_i_n_twow, awesome. easier than I thought. no bork-bork for running recursively? (not a big deal)
12:07:19JdGordon./skinupdater <in file> <outfile> will do a single file
12:07:30JdGordonoutfile can be left off to dump to stdout
12:08:06JdGordonAlexP: seems that diff is crashing... im having a look why
12:10:19AlexPOK, I can hold on :)
12:12:54 Join petur [0] (~petur@rockbox/developer/petur)
12:13:22 Quit hamish_ (Quit: Leaving)
12:16:08AlexPJdGordon: Should the working dir exist?
12:16:26JdGordonuse /tmp/something if oyu want to be safe
12:16:36JdGordonand you might want to double check the perl...
12:17:20AlexP./ temp mkdir: cannot create directory `temp/': File exists couldnt mkdir temp/ at ./ line 31.
12:17:57AlexPIf I remove the directory it unzips the existing theme then gives:
12:18:04AlexPdiff: temp/CSB.fms: No such file or directory mv: cannot stat `temp/CSB.fms': No such file or directory
12:18:12AlexPfor each file (wps, sbs, fms)
12:19:51JdGordonsee if anyone there wants to debug :) I hate perl :p
12:20:44AlexPline 31 creates the dir, so it needs to not exist in the first place
12:20:51AlexPThat bit is simple :)
12:22:16 Quit Galois (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
12:23:38 Quit lpereira (Quit: Leaving.)
12:24:33ucchanI will commit the new text viewer plugin (FS #11209) from now.
12:24:43JdGordonread_bmp_file: can't open '/.rockbox/backdrops/d', rc: -1 <-= WTF?!
12:24:55JdGordonucchan: woo! go for it :)
12:26:53amiconnSomeone broke button maps for many ipod plugins :(
12:27:29amiconnIf Left/Right/Menu/Play is used for directions, just 'Menu' for exit is a bad idea. You can never move up
12:27:59 Quit DomasoFan (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
12:28:27S_a_i_n_tI though "menu+select" was "exit" (or supposed to be) in cases where the keymap was full for the plugins on iPods?
12:29:13pixelmamy guess is pluginlib actions but I'm not sure if fractals used them
12:29:38amiconnYes, it suppsed to be, and used to be
12:29:48amiconnNow it's broken
12:29:51Torneif things use *just* pluginlib actions, then exit should be either menu+select or select+play
12:30:10CIA-6New commit by uchida (r26571): reworks text viewer plugin. (FS #11209) ...
12:30:11S_a_i_n_tTorne; Ah yes, I knew there was another one.
12:30:23peturmeeting starts, follow online via the webcam stream
12:31:02JdGordonfeature requests... anything that is dead and no comments fro the last few years
12:32:44AlexPJdGordon: Could you elaborate on what you mean with the first point?
12:32:51bluebrotherproblem with feature requests is that they still show up on
12:32:59JdGordonscorche: pay for my ticket and ill come!
12:33:11scorche|shyou are the ex-MS person here!
12:33:33JdGordonAlexP: well, there are so many bugs and patches which seem dead, they could either be fixed already, or rejectable or
12:34:39JdGordonyes there is
12:34:47scorche|shgo on..
12:34:57JdGordonyou can find all tasks last changed < date
12:35:10AlexPI didn't ask :)
12:35:18*scorche|sh sees it now
12:36:00bluebrotherall unreasonable feature requests should get closed at least.
12:36:33scorche|shi dont think we should bother about feature requests at all, really - just worry about bugs/patches
12:36:45ucchanI commit the "plugin". but building error from "codec". why ?
12:37:31funmanucchan: "warning -function-section" is my own fault
12:37:57bluebrotherscorche|sh: yes, though some of those feature requests might be worthwhile thinking about it at least once
12:38:02 Join teru0 [0] (
12:38:16pixelmaucchan: all errors and warning only come from one build client...
12:38:41ucchanfunman, pixelma: thanks.
12:38:52Zagorthree cheers for knittl, who walked me through repairing the git-svn repo
12:39:08JdGordonhip hip
12:39:23 Quit teru (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
12:39:48funmanthe warning can be something specific to cross compilers built from osx perhaps, now i'm looking at the error with plugin bitmaps
12:39:58JdGordonAlexP: yes, thats why i put it on the list... lost of people means that should go quickly
12:40:14AlexPJdGordon: I'll get going this afternoon
12:40:50 Join kugel [0] (~kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
12:42:50AlexPAnyone got anything to add on GSOC?
12:43:16*bluebrother thinks the theme editor is progressing pretty well
12:43:33*JdGordon seconds that
12:43:43JdGordonand RaaA shoulld be failed!
12:44:09funmanisn't that failed already ? O:-)
12:45:58bluebrotherpetur: sound seems to come only from the right channel. Is that intended?
12:46:00JdGordonmost of the NoDo's are not on a list
12:46:26funmanJdGordon: true, some are implicit, just make a list of the ones you know which aren't written down on the wiki
12:46:38scorche|shJdGordon: which are that?
12:46:44scorche|shthose, even
12:47:00gevaertsJdGordon: true, but we asked to put those there or conseider them nonexisten
12:47:04JdGordonthe ones which noone remembers untill a big argument hapens
12:48:00peturbluebrother: I see it too... the encoder says so at least. My iriver shows normal signals, although it is set to record mono, but that is done on the recorded stream, not the line-out that goes to the PC
12:48:02 Join stoffel [0] (
12:48:40peturmaybe a balance setting on the iriver but I doubt it (and can't check while recording)
12:49:35bluebrotherI'll manage to live with it :)
12:51:00peturyou'll have to :P
12:55:42bluebrotherproblem with hfs+ on mac could be that it would only get tested by new users because existing users already (have to) use FAT
12:59:39funmanis there something wrong with plugins depending on /bitmaps (as opposed to /pluginbitmaps) ?
13:00:05bluebrotheras in reusing bitmaps from the main binary?
13:00:07 Quit anewuser (Quit: for SELL 2 by the price of 1 now!)
13:00:11JdGordonalpha skipping sort of is doable with the current code if someone oculd be bohered coding it
13:00:33AlexPYeah, so if someone wants to do it, great
13:00:51bluebrotherMrSomeonesTodoList :)
13:01:01JdGordonit was only massive on hwcodec
13:01:16funmanbluebrother: yeah, i noticed the rockboxlogo is duplicated (although in 2 different sizes : the pluginsbitmap is only used by logo.c and is smaller than the one for main binary)
13:01:43funmanhowever i just thought it might be intentionally smaller than the screen so it can move
13:02:07bluebrotherspeaking about ape tags: how about id3 tags attached to ogg files?
13:02:45funmanwhat software produces these?
13:03:36bluebrothergrip did at some time in the past.
13:03:47bluebrother(and it did that even as default!)
13:04:44bluebrotherthe main problem with that files is that Rockbox simply refuses to play the file
13:04:50funmanthe only idea of id3 and ogg together makes me feel sick
13:05:02funmanbluebrother: id3v2 then?
13:05:40bluebrotherI agree that id3 with ogg files is completely broken.
13:05:58bluebrotherbut Rockbox could in the "help you out" argument simply skip the tags
13:06:03literalit doesn't help that many id3 taggers on Linux are buggy
13:06:06bluebrother*the id3 tags that is
13:06:44bluebrotherit's better to play the file and not recognize the tags instead of not playing it at all (while pc applications usually do)
13:06:55literalthe only Linux id3 tagger I haven't had problems with is eyeD3 (but be careful, it uses v2.4 for new tags unless you use −−to-v2.3)
13:07:03 Join efyx [0] (
13:07:25funmanapps/metadata/ogg.c says "rfc
13:07:56 Quit stoffel (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
13:08:05funmanapps/metadata/ogg.c says All Ogg streams start with "OggS", perhaps we could try to synchronize if it's not found in the first bytes
13:08:58funmanthere would be no penalty for correct files and at least the files would decode
13:09:18funmanwe'd just ignore the id3v2 tag then - how does that sound bluebrother ?
13:09:46bluebrotheryes, that's what I think too. Checking the first bytes if it's an id3 header and skip it shouldn't be a problem.
13:10:17bluebrotherprobably also display a splash to notice the user though I have no idea if a codec can trigger a splash
13:10:39funmandon't think it's useful
13:11:00bluebrotherthe splash or the skipping?
13:11:29bluebrotherhmm, probably. Not completely sure about that.
13:12:15JdGordonfully customising the menu should be pretty doable.... slightly complicated but doable :)
13:12:21JdGordonand haleluya for removing that nodo
13:12:43bluebrotherthe ape nodo?
13:12:58JdGordonno customisable menus
13:12:59*bluebrother spots the other change on the page
13:14:48JdGordonAlexP: can you add "replace the dirfilter setting from the quickscreen default" to the agenda?
13:15:42funmanbluebrother: IIUC the rationale for not supporting ape tags in mp3s is that involves more hard-disk spinning and then reduces battery life, is that right?
13:15:46bluebrotherhow about discussion to remove the quickscreen completely?
13:16:10JdGordonhotkeys proves custoimsable keys is doable and wanted
13:16:11bluebrotherfunman: afaik apev2 tags are at the end of the file, but id3v2 are also
13:16:27bluebrotherfunman: iirc the original point was that apev2 are non-standard for mp3
13:17:21ucchanbluebrother: but winamp, foober2000, major players supports.
13:17:21 Quit MethoS- (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
13:17:22scorche|shbluebrother: you mean id3v1?
13:17:43bluebrotherscorche|sh: ah right, mixed that up. D'oh!
13:17:49JdGordonFULLY customisable keymaps is dead simple to do. and using a plugin to build the keymap table means almost no core changes
13:18:13bluebrotherucchan: pc players not using standard tags doesn't make it better.
13:18:57ZagorJdGordon: go go go! :)
13:19:12bluebrotherwhat's the point of customizable keymaps?
13:19:16 Join dfkt_ [0] (dfkt@unaffiliated/dfkt)
13:19:35peturbluebrother: the point is, is there a point against it
13:19:37Rob2223funman: do you have black-screened a fuze while connecting it to a PC while beeing in RB?
13:19:41bluebrotheryou're usually annoyed by only one or two buttons. Like: why is the context menu invoked by long Select and not long Menu?
13:20:13JdGordonthat could be done easily..
13:20:34JdGordonthe tables use a flow on thing, so you;d just need to remap a few combos to change that
13:20:34bluebrotherAlexP: but that might be a point for discussion too: swap long Select and long Menu on Ipods. Context Menu makes more sense on Menu, not select
13:20:52JdGordoncontext menu is long select on every target
13:21:27funmanRob2223: yeah, then i had to wait 48 hours for it to discharge (or i could have opened it, cut a battery wire and soldered it back)
13:21:30bluebrotherbut why not use the menu button? Especially on targets that do have a button labelled Menu?
13:22:26funmanbluebrother: afaict file system use some kind of cache so depending on the typical size of id3v2 / apev2 tags it should be 'free' to look for an apev2 tag after we have looked for an id3v1 tag
13:22:38funmans/of id3v2/of id3v1/
13:22:46bluebrotherfunman: good point
13:23:03Rob2223funman: ah thx the time i wanted to know and you know about the issue. then i just have to wait more hours. (btw. my second fuze was a 1001 which accepted RB fine). i assume when its empty i dont hear any disotion anymore when connecting the plugs.
13:23:04 Quit dfkt (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
13:23:15funmaneach file descriptor caches one sector (usually 512 bytes or more ?)
13:23:42funmanRob2223: true
13:24:20Rob2223ok thank you for information, wont disturb here more, now. :)
13:27:02funmancurrent sector sizes are 512/1024/2048 bytes, id3v1 tag is 128 bytes, apev2 is 64bytes + variable size tags just like vorbis)
13:28:04funmanactually the footer is 32bytes and is enough to detect if there's a tag or not so I don't see why not supporting apev2 in mp3 (except for code duplication between id3.c / ape.c maybe)
13:30:14bluebrotherwell, the tag handling could go into a separate file :)
13:30:40funmanright so no prob then :)
13:30:56*funman tries to listen when apev2 is mentioned in the devcon room
13:31:02n1sok, here we go
13:31:08CIA-6New commit by nls (r26572): Lang file cleanup! ...
13:31:16bluebrotherI'm wondering if there isn't already duplicated code with other codecs
13:31:45pixelman1s: \o/ ...waiting for the impact though ;)
13:32:18funmanwas already mentioned .. :/
13:32:36n1spixelma: i have my fingers crossed :)
13:32:42funmanAlexP told it's ok to look for ape if id3 hasn't been found
13:32:55n1srasher's langtool is very useful :)
13:34:09n1sonly a few reds
13:34:20JdGordonAlexP: it can be empty
13:34:25 Quit einhirn_ (Quit: Miranda IM! Smaller, Faster, Easier.
13:34:30JdGordonI wouldnt be against having the bottom optoin empty
13:34:54JdGordonnot volume
13:35:08JdGordonvolume will cnfuse people unless it is the top and bottom option
13:35:18*bluebrother remembers the time when there was no up button option
13:35:27AlexPJdGordon: yeah, it'd be top and bottom
13:35:37AlexP(I think), :)
13:36:00JdGordonexit as an option is doable
13:36:04bluebrotherwould solve the Filetypes issue :)
13:36:14JdGordonnot sure how you'd set it, but its doable
13:36:25n1sit seems none of those reds are mine even :)
13:36:37kugelJdGordon: volume would confuse?
13:36:51JdGordonsure, if it only goes up... or down..
13:36:54n1sfunman: your "christmas-jones-funman" seems to be giving weird errors and warnings?
13:37:47bluebrotherAlexP: why doesn't the button that enters the quickscreen also exit it? (At least on Ipods −− this worked before the 4th option)
13:38:02funmann1s: yes
13:38:02JdGordonAlexP: there is no wrap protection in the QS
13:38:03AlexPDon't know :)
13:38:20AlexPJdGordon: Is it addable :)
13:38:32JdGordonwell anything is, but I dont think that should be
13:38:33bluebrotherone reason why Long Menu for invoking the QS is bad IMO :)
13:38:34ucchanfunman: Is chritmas-jones-funman cygwin ?
13:38:44funmann1s: it's a 4 cores machine so it shows issues in dependancies i think - i am looking at pluginbitmap missing dep right now
13:38:49funmanucchan: no it's Mac OSX
13:39:03funmanthe gcc warning I have no idea about it I will look later
13:39:07n1sfunman: ok
13:39:09bluebrotherlooks like OS X Intel :)
13:39:23ucchanfunman: oh. my cygwin same warning occurs.
13:39:35n1shmm, the size delta is kind of strange
13:40:47JdGordonAlexP: one option is adding a menu under system or something for the 4 qs options so it justs hows a list of every possible option
13:40:52JdGordonwith exit in there
13:40:54pixelman1s: the jump scroll settings were not made player feature only because jump scroll could be implemented for other targets too
13:41:03gevaertsJdGordon: yes, that sounds like the best option
13:41:25n1spixelma: oh, should i change it back?
13:41:55*pixelma also asks amiconn (who said he wanted to implement them once)
13:41:55 Join Eismann [0] (
13:42:06JdGordonthat is how the origional patch did it btw
13:42:11funmanI think generating several files at once in a Makefile rule is a bad thing - r26349 is related to this.
13:42:55amiconnn1s: I'm still planning to do jumpscroll for bitmap (and bring it back for charcell - it doesn't exist atm)
13:43:15n1si'll change them back then
13:43:17amiconnBut if I do this, I'll probably add slightly different options, and one more scroll mode
13:43:33amiconnSo if you touch it again, imo you should throw out those strings completely
13:43:35JdGordongevaerts: we should allow an explicit exit option, but not quit if the setting is blank
13:43:43n1samiconn: ok
13:43:46gevaertsJdGordon: why?
13:43:52amiconnI'll bring them back when coming around to doing the implementation
13:43:52gevaertsI don't mind it, but...
13:44:08 Quit Eismann (Remote host closed the connection)
13:44:09ucchann1s: some sentences vanishes. e.g., LANG_ONE_TIME is missing.
13:44:10JdGordoni dont really have a great reason... other than accidental button pressing
13:44:37gevaertswell, you exit the quickscreen accidentally...
13:44:54n1succhan: ?
13:45:17pixelman1s: I believe the "Gain:" string was also used on hwcodec recording targets, not sure where it came from now, the beginning of the phrase didn't show up in the diff
13:45:25pixelmawithout the :
13:45:27AlexPRight, pause to eat :)
13:45:45AlexPWe shall be back soon :)
13:46:00*bluebrother seconds Torne
13:46:04gevaertsJdGordon: don't complain! You now have a break to implement all former NoDos!
13:46:11n1samiconn: the jump scroll strings are used in settings_list.c are you saying these settings do nothing?
13:46:21JdGordonhehe YAY!
13:46:27ucchandiff r26571 and r26572, LANG_ONE_TIME: is lcd_charcell only ok?
13:46:32amiconnThe setting is there, but it's doing nothing atm
13:46:42amiconnYou could throw them out as well
13:46:50 Join ZincAlloy [0] (
13:47:02n1samiconn: aha
13:48:13pixelmaucchan: I think it's also related to those jump scroll options, so I think yes (if it is not used elsewhere)
13:48:14CIA-6New commit by amiconn (r26573): Implement backlight brightness for iPod G4 greyscale and iPod Color/Photo.
13:49:20n1spixelma: the "Gain" string i changed the target for is LANG_SYSFONT_GAIN which is only used in eq_menu
13:49:40pixelman1s: there are some phrases that have "deprecated" in the description where you just changed some feature
13:50:04pixelmaLANG_SYSFONT_AGC_VOICE for example... leaving for lunch too now
13:51:29ucchann1s: thanks.
13:52:06n1spixelma: LANG_SYSFONT_AGC_VOICE is gone...
13:52:38Rob2223funman: is there a way to aviod this fuze blackscreen problem? shut RB down before connecting to PC?
13:54:19JdGordonucchan: if plugins/viewer.c is dead code you should delete it now
13:54:42CIA-6New commit by teru (r26574): new plugin: FS #10559 - lrcplayer: a plugin to view .lrc file.
13:56:34ucchanJdGordon: ok. just a moment please.
13:57:06JdGordonno rush, just there is no reason to keep dead code around
13:59:46CIA-6New commit by nls (r26575): Remove the jump scroll settings since they don't do anything, drop the relevant lang ids too
13:59:47JdGordonback on the quickscreen discussion... it is (or could be) possible to have the quick screen items as options on the QS.. (i.r the bottom one could control the left ones option)!
13:59:57***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
14:00:50 Quit teru0 (Quit: Quit)
14:02:00 Join teru [0] (
14:04:42n1sI gtg for a while but will check the backscroll for any comments on this lang stuff
14:08:52 Join hebz0rl [0] (
14:09:13CIA-6New commit by uchida (r26576): remove old text viewer plugin (viewer.rock).
14:10:00 Join DerPapst [0] (
14:16:10 Quit [CGL] (Remote host closed the connection)
14:17:39 Join stoffel [0] (
14:19:43JdGordonffs...viewport colours are borken with the skin breaking patch and i have nfi why
14:21:03 Join Galois [0] (
14:23:26Rob2223viewports support colors? is this new?
14:23:35JdGordonyes, no
14:23:56Rob2223ok then i have to re-read that part in the manual
14:26:43 Quit stoffel (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
14:31:13CIA-6New commit by nls (r26577): Remove Jump scroll from the manual too
14:31:44JdGordonAlexP: pixelma: I've updated the skinbreak patch on the ml... ideaaly as soon as we get an answer re the theme site from Domonoky/bluebrother/? it will go in
14:31:59JdGordon*hopefully* before devcon finishes
14:34:20 Nick dfkt_ is now known as dfkt (dfkt@unaffiliated/dfkt)
14:34:32pixelman1s: ah, I see it now. ViewVC just displayed it wrong
14:34:40 Join notlistening [0] (
14:35:24notlisteningDomonoky, can we give open sapi another run for its money? If your intrested?
14:35:33 Quit kugel (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
14:36:54Domonokysure, i am just not sure if we should include the server into the binary. its pretty big.
14:37:15Domonokyother then that, opensapi support for rbutil could be commited.
14:37:35 Quit Llorean (Changing host)
14:37:35 Join Llorean [0] (~DarkkOne@rockbox/user/Llorean)
14:37:51bluebrothermaybe download the server component from the server when required?
14:39:31 Join kugel [0] (~kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
14:39:56notlisteningI like bluebrothers idea
14:40:23notlisteningshould be a lot better now I hope :D
14:40:36notlisteningbut size wise humm :()
14:41:53funmanRob2223: dunno what's wrong with fuzev2 crashing & not being able to be powered off
14:42:13AlexPNearly ready to kick off again
14:42:26AlexPJdGordon: We are coming to your items
14:43:03Rob2223funman: but you had that problem, too
14:43:12*Zagor just added a "revision - date - author" line to all wiki pages
14:43:41petur[meeting resumed]
14:44:04 Quit ucchan (Quit: Leaving...)
14:45:17funmanDo you want me to take the christmas-jones build client down until red/yellow are fixed ?
14:45:42 Join _jhMikeS_ [0] (
14:45:42 Quit _jhMikeS_ (Changing host)
14:45:42 Join _jhMikeS_ [0] (~jethead71@rockbox/developer/jhMikeS)
14:45:42 Quit jhMikeS (Disconnected by services)
14:46:01Zagorfunman: are those "your fault"?
14:46:39funmanthe exotic configuration of the build client just highlights new things which need investigating
14:48:22notlisteningDomonoky, bluebrother we are looking about 800k for the download
14:48:39notlisteningonly for windows
14:49:24bluebrotherthat's a bit, but if only done when using it it's ok imo.
14:49:35bluebrotherRockbox binaries are usually bigger.
14:50:44Domonokynotlistening: isnt it 800k for all OS with Wine ? :-)
14:51:19 Join panni_ [0] (
14:51:26notlisteningactually Domonoky you know how it works better than me I was thinking about the client
14:51:35notlisteningyour right 800k all round
14:51:42bluebrotherdoesn't that require wine to be installed too?
14:51:59notlisteningyeah horrible i know
14:52:25notlisteningcan cut it to 400/500k i think
14:52:27Zagorfunman: if it is a configuration we support, I think it should stay
14:52:30Domonokybluebrother: sure, you need wine to run open-sapi on other OS, but the code already checks and informs the user.
14:52:53Domonokythe client is Qt code, so thats builtin and isnt big.
14:53:29bluebrotherI'll need to check that later (after the talk)
14:53:41notlisteningand if it was not so illegal to do it you can now run the server anywhere and do your TTS online
14:54:21notlisteningas long as the client can accpet an audio data stream
14:54:36notlisteningfuture developments i think
14:55:23 Join Barahir [0] (
14:55:57notlisteningLet me do some more bug hunting then i will upload a new server packaged up and give you some changes that will make it more reliable for rbutil
14:57:41pixelmafunman, Zagor: the warnings there are also present on cygwin or cross-compiled sim builds. I believe it was already investigated but not easy to fix (except silencing) but can't remember the details. Not sure about the red though
14:58:42 Quit Barahir_ (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
14:58:50Zagorthe red is odd. funman, what exactly is exotic about your config?
14:59:52funman4 3GHz cores
15:00:06*bluebrother would say the "it's a mac" part is :)
15:00:11peturthat's not exotic, mine is similar
15:00:26funmanthanks then, i have another idea (which is related to the 'mac' part)
15:00:29petur(4*3GHz cores that is)
15:00:29 Quit Zarggg (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
15:00:30Zagorfunman: surely a quad cpu doesn't cause "Unknown pseudo-op: .rept"
15:00:43funmanZagor: oh didn't see that one, was only looking at plugin bitmaps
15:01:22funmanfor this perhaps we can ask ffmpeg people, i have seen some discussion about assembler punctuated by "FUCK YOU APPLE" on their mailing list
15:01:23bluebrotherdo we have other build clients running on Mac? I even failed to build the toolchain on Mac (10.6)
15:01:25Zagorthe pluginbitmaps looks like a Makefile bug
15:01:26 Quit NRG (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
15:02:23pixelmabluebrother: I believe JdGordon once did
15:02:42 Join stoffel [0] (
15:04:46 Join Kitar|st [0] (
15:06:43funmanosx assembler doesn't support '.rept' macro used in libdemac MMX code - I'll just make the client not able to build sims
15:06:45 Nick fxb__ is now known as fxb (
15:07:01 Quit Kitr88 (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
15:09:36 Quit Kitar|st (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
15:13:49 Quit ZincAlloy (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
15:15:15 Join Kitar|st [0] (
15:17:00JdGordonbluebrother: iirc lambda has a working cross compiler.. i havnt got one going on my mac
15:17:19bluebrotheron commit templates, what about making commit messages more git friendly?
15:17:36pixelmacurrent manuals don't build because latex goofs on some of the icelandic characters of the translator's name...
15:18:38 Quit linuxstb (Quit: Leaving)
15:18:38pixelmadaily manual page lists ones for June 5th but if you actually look at a pdf it has yesterday's date
15:19:59funmanbluebrother: one title line, blank line, then longer description ?
15:20:23bluebrotherfunman: yes, and keeping lines below 80 characters. I've started to like that format pretty much
15:20:25JdGordonno you shoukdt be on the rsb to invoke it
15:20:46Zagorno, we meant be on the committers list
15:21:05funmanbluebrother: yes IMO loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong line commit logs are painfull to read
15:21:45bluebrotherespecially if they are longer than your monitors width :)
15:22:03JdGordon80 char wide commt messages!
15:22:10JdGordonor 140char max to fit in twitter!
15:22:23bluebrothernah, that 140 characters is stupid
15:22:32peturif the commit is an FS patch, a short description should be enough I think. Commit blah blah (FS #abcd) by <name>
15:22:46*bluebrother agrees
15:23:11*JdGordon is chekcing
15:23:11gevaertsJdGordon: how many people voted for the RSB last time?
15:23:12bluebrotherhowever, having a short description (in a separate paragraph) so one doesn't need to look it up on FS is definitely useful
15:23:39gevaertsThat's *lots*!
15:23:57pixelmapetur: it's not that nice if people have to look up at a different place (and there was some comment in that direction last time in iIRC)
15:24:42JdGordongevaerts: hardly *lots*... hardly a quorum...
15:25:05*amiconn (nearly) always uses single line commit msgs because he uses -m and no editor
15:25:17gevaertsJdGordon: of developers, maybe not. Of developers who have done anything during the last three or six months though I think it is
15:25:39funmanamiconn: you can actually use linebreaks with \n
15:26:13 Quit stoffel (Remote host closed the connection)
15:26:20amiconnfunman: Iirc I tried it once, and the \n ended up as a literal instead of causing a line break
15:26:28*bluebrother tries to get the manuals building again
15:26:38pixelmapetur: maybe it's also a question how descriptive the first part is - not just link flyspray and author name
15:26:42JdGordonmy biggest problem with the commit template is needing to find an old commit which used it to copy
15:27:10Domonokysee r26558, \n doesnt work in -m
15:27:10pixelmabluebrother: great, thanks :)
15:28:05JdGordonif you cant say what the commit does in one or two lines then the full message should be in the mailing list or tracker
15:28:08peturpixelma: the short desc should be able to say what it is about. You can still add more info after that. It was about making sure the first line contained 1) a short description 2) FS#, 3) actual author
15:28:17JdGordona template for FS commits would be ok though
15:28:28Zagor"<description> FS #12387 by <patch author>"
15:28:43AlexPseems fine
15:29:33JdGordonFS# on the first line would be better for the bot
15:30:31bluebrotherFS #1234 should be easily be catchable by a regex regardless of its position in the text
15:30:42n1scould CIA post more of the commit message?
15:30:55pixelmapetur: maybe the thing that I remember and which bothered be was just a simple "Commit FS# by whomever" without context except the actual diff
15:31:03bluebrotherpixelma: fixed it (by switching the fontenc to T1), but that makes the headings font lighter :o
15:31:28bluebrotherI in fact would like CIA to post only the first line, and the commit messages having a summary in the first line :)
15:31:33amiconnCIA can post the full msg. It's used this way by other projects (e.g. in #quassel)
15:31:38peturpixelma: yes, I don't like that either, it should have a short description as a minimum.
15:35:01bluebrotherbut why on earth does changing the fontenc remove the dot after the chapter number?
15:35:17bluebrotherpixelma: (right is new, left is last version from
15:35:40bluebrotherhmm, I should check if that font change is related to my setup
15:36:43pixelmaare you sure that this difference is caused by your fontenc changed (not some other difference in build environment)? I'm asking because it looks lighter generally
15:37:02bluebrotherok, the dot is caused by my setup. The font differences are caused by the fontenc change
15:37:26pixelmaI wouldn't mind that much either way. It's still very ovious which is headline and better than broken anytime
15:39:34pixelmaobvious too
15:40:25*bluebrother compares rendering of xpdf with okular
15:40:56AlexPer, AOB
15:41:52AlexPany other business
15:43:15bluebrotherdon't you want to leave something for tomorrow? ;-)
15:43:22JdGordonAlexP: forcing posible ocntentious topics to the ml instead of irc
15:43:31JdGordonthe email i sent to -commiters
15:43:50Stummican i tell an plugin to print out something to the console, if it running in the simulator?
15:44:07DomonokyStummi: use debugf()
15:44:20bluebrotherhmm, rendering in OS X' Preview is noticably better than in xpdf / okular :/
15:44:32AlexPJdGordon: OK
15:45:19bluebrotherand zooming the view in okular makes it nicer too. Seems zooming is quite bad then.
15:45:29ZagorJdGordon: we discussed that briefly, and it's a good idea but nobody felt any rule or some such is needed
15:47:43bluebrotherpixelma: I'm going to commit that fix. If it results in serious issues with the font rendering we can look at that afterwards.
15:48:20pixelmabluebrother: I'll test then on the two setups I have access to from here.
15:50:50 Quit rasher (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
15:54:46 Join rasher [0] (
15:54:46 Quit rasher (Changing host)
15:54:46 Join rasher [0] (~rasher@rockbox/developer/rasher)
15:54:53JdGordonyeah, more ppl are needed for the tracker cleanup weeks.. not more weeks
15:55:39CIA-6New commit by bluebrother (r26578): Change font encoding to T1. ...
15:56:01*scorche|sh wonders about
15:56:29 Quit hebz0rl (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
15:56:36bluebrotherabout the tweet or the project?
15:56:41scorche|shthe tweet
15:56:44scorche|shi replies
16:00:00***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
16:08:36pixelmabluebrother: is tex no "calculating" some characters itself? It now takes aaaaages on cygwin, I'm not even sure if it is stuck in some loop or not
16:09:41pixelmamanual builds were ok-ish before
16:10:08bluebrotherpixelma: it creates a font cache. With the changed encoding it has to recalculates some stuff.
16:10:19bluebrotherit should be back to normal speed the next time you build.
16:10:19pixelmaevery time?
16:11:29pixelmaor each time after a "make clean" - or is it just this one time?
16:12:02bluebrotherno, that cache is Tex-global
16:13:16pixelmado I have to worry about "/usr/share/texmf/web2c/mktexupd: /var/cache/fonts/ls-R unwritable" lines?
16:13:26bluebrotherpixelma: you should see lines in the output containing stuff like "This is METAFONT, Version 2.71828 (Web2C 7.5.6)"
16:13:38bluebrotherif you get this it's building the font information.
16:14:13bluebrotherhmm, not sure. That sounds like it could interfere with saving cached data.
16:14:36pixelmaok I'll check properties
16:15:08pixelmathe Web2C version slightly differs for me (7.5.4)
16:16:25bertrikI plan to make a tiny change to dbop-as3525.c, moving a delay in dbop_read_input to slightly earlier in the function
16:16:58 Join stoffel [0] (
16:17:25 Quit bluebrother (Disconnected by services)
16:17:29 Join bluebroth3r [0] (~dom@rockbox/developer/bluebrother)
16:17:53bertrikby the way, the problem with the radio on the c200v2 seems to somehow fixed itself sometime in the past few months :)
16:18:43bertrik(I'll fix the wiki, I promise :) )
16:19:19bluebroth3rpixelma: the Web2C version differing is not a problem. METAFONT getting called is the important part :)
16:19:34bluebroth3rmeeting over it seems?
16:19:50 Nick bluebroth3r is now known as bluebrother (~dom@rockbox/developer/bluebrother)
16:20:11bertrikbluebrother, yes
16:20:20bertrikwe're now going to the beer shop
16:20:38funmandid someone just steal 1MB from audio buffer last 5 days ?
16:23:01JdGordonnot me!
16:23:28pixelmaJdGordon: are you sure? ;)
16:23:42JdGordonyes :p
16:23:49funmanfear me when i'll bissect which revision left the clipv1 with only -(minus)256kB audiobuffer left
16:24:29JdGordonpixelma: can you try out the skin break patch ont he ml? it is ready to go now.
16:24:45JdGordonDomonoky: so whats the plan for the theme site?
16:25:02pixelmabluebrother: ok, really didn't have the permissions to change the file and changed it now. Let's see
16:25:37pixelmais there a chance it gets created (or recreated) at some point in time?
16:25:59bluebrotherI think LaTeX should create it automatically.
16:26:16bluebrotherbut that's LaTeX internals I'm not familiar with :)
16:26:18DomonokyJdGordon: looks like the only fast solution is copiing it. But i dont know how todo that :-)
16:26:52bluebrotherDomonoky, JdGordon: I'll try to look into the theme site code tonight.
16:27:13pixelmabluebrother: last changed in March 2009 so should be safe for a while. I just wondered if there is "danger" I lose the property change again
16:27:20*bluebrother really wants a good solution for that issue
16:27:55bluebrotherpixelma: the worst think I could imagine is that LaTeX tries to recreate that file on each run, making it slower.
16:28:02pixelmalooks a lot better now already
16:28:49JdGordonbluebrother: sweet :) I'm ready to go as soon as we know whats happening there.. assuming we out right will not change the syntax without the theme site eing supported?
16:28:55pixelmayes, and on cygwin that is slower by a factor (didn't measure but seemed to be a lot)
16:30:01pixelmaI have some weird property issues sometimes in this environment anyways, maybe it needs setting up again
16:30:05bluebrotherIMO it should be possible to make the manual build on Windows outside of cygwin by using MinGW + MikTeX. Haven't put any effort into looking into that though −− using Linux is simpler :)
16:30:37JdGordonah bugger... I just spotted a bug in the update script :/
16:33:22JdGordonnope :) user error...
16:36:13 Nick fxb is now known as fxb__ (
16:41:55 Quit grndslm (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
16:42:38CIA-6New commit by pixelma (r26579): Enable info about the Iaudio remote keymapping in the M5 and X5 manual. Only 'actions' are included now, it still needs a check for accuracy and ...
16:52:02CIA-6New commit by teru (r26580): set svn properties.
16:55:15 Quit teru (Quit: Quit)
16:59:17 Join grndslm [0] (
17:00:56CIA-6New commit by wincent (r26581): pdbox: Moved all global variables in pdbox.c to IRAM.
17:01:43gevaertsCan people have a look at and shout if I made a mistake?
17:02:10 Quit saratoga (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
17:03:29CIA-6New commit by bertrik (r26582): Set svn:mime-type to application/octet-stream for all uisimulator bitmaps
17:05:28gevaerts(those are my meeting notes)
17:06:42 Quit stoffel (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
17:08:33n1sgevaerts: "503 Service Unavailable"
17:08:46n1sah now it works
17:09:12 Join stoffel [0] (
17:09:24funmani think sed regular expression used to generate plugin bitmap header names causes undefined behaviour, and use GNU extensions
17:10:02Stummi my first commit. I hope I did all right
17:10:18n1ssounds likely, use of gnu extensions has caused trouble for exotic platforms before :)
17:10:23 Quit Tarvis (Quit: Quitting)
17:12:24n1sgevaerts: "iriver bootloader: someone will get one" get one what? (i haven't followed the discussion so if this isn't intended to be public, feel free to ignore me :))
17:13:08gevaertsn1s: right, the agenda should probably be interleaved :)
17:13:14gevaerts"bdm wiggler"
17:13:47TorneStummi: The controls for the simulator are supposed to be the same as the target..
17:13:53TorneStummi: otherwise it's not a very good simulation
17:14:11*gevaerts looks for a volunteer to transform his notes into proper minutes that people can understand :)
17:14:14Torneif this doesn't map to a particularly comfortable set of keys on your keyboard to play some game then tat's not really a problem..
17:14:19Torneit's just unfortunate :)
17:14:30TorneCan you post a patch with just the increasing difficulty level in it?
17:14:36Tornetaht sounds like a good idea
17:14:50Stummiok :)
17:15:02bertrikI'm quite sure I have a Wiggler like this one:
17:18:46CIA-6New commit by funman (r26583): Fix plugin bitmaps dependencies generation ...
17:20:52 Join puetzk [0] (
17:22:42StummiTorne: I addet a new diff without the controls-part
17:22:51Stummias comment
17:23:13bertrikdid anyone bring a sansa dock to devcon?
17:24:40 Quit bmbl (Quit: Bye!)
17:27:49Stummihow are the entries sorted in firefly?
17:34:19 Join CaptainKwel [0] (
17:34:36ZagorStummi: do you mean flyspray?
17:35:30Zagorif so, you click the headers to sort
17:38:44 Join phanboy4 [0] (
17:39:42funmanJdGordon: can you explain the last hunk of r21877 ?
17:41:06CIA-6New commit by nls (r26584): FS #11354 - A few more islenska.lang fixes by Hinrik Örn Sigurðsson fixing a few more source and target mismatches with english.lang in the icelandic ...
17:43:10StummiZagor: erm.. yes i mean *shame* :D
17:44:24 Quit stoffel (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
17:44:30gevaertsn1s: does help?
17:44:32TorneStummi: i'll try your change out later, anyway
17:45:17Stummiok, thanks
17:47:44n1sgevaerts: yes
17:48:45gevaertsgreat :)
17:51:37n1srasher: i think FS #8456 can be closed, close to 2 years since the last update and waiting more than 1 year for a status update should be enough :)
17:52:34*n1s stumbles over FS #9067 and wonders where midgey has gone
17:54:02Zagoralexp has volunteered to wade through the sea of patches and do some clean-up work
17:54:25gevaertsWe'll make sure he doesn't forget
17:54:31n1si saw that from gevaerts' notes, very nicve of him :)
17:54:34AlexPI've already started!
17:54:58n1swill he also complete and commit the good but unfinished ones? ;)
17:55:31Zagorwell, obviously!
17:55:50AlexPer, yes....
17:57:34CIA-6New commit by bertrik (r26585): Move delay a bit in dbop_read_input for ams sansa targets using the DBOP port for button readout
17:58:35 Quit flydutch (Quit: /* empty */)
17:59:09 Quit storm` ()
18:00:01***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
18:00:18Zagorright, any preferences for a name of the new arm-eabi architecture?
18:00:53n1swhat's wrong with "arm-eabi"? or did i misunderstand the question?
18:01:19Zagorno, that's one option. someone suggested maybe arm-gcc44 or something like that.
18:01:49CIA-6New commit by funman (r26586): cabbiev2 128x64x1 (r)wps: ...
18:02:04n1syes, inluding the major gcc version could be nice, maybe arm-eabi-gcc44?
18:02:09gevaertsarm-eabi is fine, but I think arm-gcc44 might be better in the long ter,
18:02:13 Quit CaptainKwel (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
18:02:33Zagorgevaerts: well, if it's better why not use that from the start? please elaborate.
18:02:57Zagordid anyone make a webcam who's-who picture yet?
18:03:30gevaertsI'd prefer arm-gcc44 (or arm-eabi-gcc44), but I can live with arm-eabi
18:03:37funmanZagor: I need a SD card reader and i'll do it
18:03:55Zagorfunman: great
18:04:35Zagorbtw actually installs compilers the wrong way. I've been meaning to fix that...
18:05:26kugelI think the compiler version should be in the string
18:05:37 Quit GeekShadow (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
18:06:22kugelfor instance, a few weeks ago we used 4.4.3, then upgraded to 4.4.4. it would make it easier to upgrade for minor versions updates
18:06:47Zagoryeah it makes sense I guess
18:09:08Zagorso arm-eabi-gcc444 then
18:10:16kugelyes, that'S nice
18:12:29n1ssounds good
18:17:22ZagorI'll rewrite a bit, then add arm-eabi-gcc444 to the buildmaster
18:18:52n1sit would be awesome if some kind of advanced or custom mode could be added so you could specify versions to build interactively
18:19:08gevaertsDevConEuro2010 updated with my notes
18:19:19Zagorn1s: umm, can't you already?
18:19:40Zagorecho "Select target arch:"
18:20:30n1si mean, say tell it to build a m68k-elf gcc 4.5.0 with binutils 2.20
18:20:45Zagoroh. when do we want that?
18:21:03n1swhen experimenting with new toolchains :)
18:21:09n1snot very often
18:21:36CIA-6New commit by pixelma (r26587): Fix PLA_EXIT and PLA_CANCEL for the Iaudio M5 and X5, make them more intuitive and add the missing remote actions for it at the same time.
18:21:39ZagorI'll make the lines you need to modify stand out in the script :)
18:22:12n1sgood enough :)
18:23:42 Join Kitr88 [0] (
18:24:45funmani let you fix the remaining yellow from christmas-jones :o)
18:24:58 Quit funman (Quit: leaving)
18:26:11bertrikdoes anyone at devcon have a clip+ with radio detection problems (there was someone on the forum reporting this)?
18:26:55 Quit Kitar|st (Ping timeout: 252 seconds)
18:28:16 Quit Kitr88 (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
18:29:28pamaurybertrik: I have a clip+ but didn't the radio yet, can try if you want
18:29:42pamaury*didn't try
18:33:10 Join Kitar|st [0] (
18:37:50kugelZagor: what about it?
18:38:00Zagorkugel: sorry, that was meant for funman
18:40:27*bertrik borrowed a clip+ from pamaury and will try to fix radio on it
18:40:41 Quit guymann (Quit: brb)
18:40:46 Quit CIA-6 (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
18:41:35AlexPrasher: are you planning to do anything with this?
18:50:30r0b-bertrik i know i am having radio issues
18:51:52AlexPbluebrother: Would you still like to do something with ?
18:54:59bluebrotherAlexP: yes, I still want to get that functionality.
18:55:49bluebrotherthe only thing (besides syncing) I'm not too sure about is if the file format is ok. IMO it should, as saved games are incompatible to the .ss file already.
18:57:00bluebrotherStummi: can you please create diffs from the Rockbox checkout root, preferably using svn diff? That makes applying easier.
18:57:01 Quit joeyg (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
18:58:44Stummiok, mom
19:01:43 Join fdinel [0] (
19:02:48 Join robin0800 [0] (
19:05:14Stummibluebrother: using the trunk-dir as checkout-root?
19:05:33Stummiso, that the path ist app/plugins/...
19:07:55LloreanIf Jewels is going to have progressive difficulty it may make sense to have it as a different game mode and optional if it's not such in the patch (much like the Puzzle mode)
19:08:37Zagorisn't libgcc always installed by the gcc build? why is it added explicitly to arm-elf-eabi?
19:11:17kugelZagor: you mean the make commands?
19:12:01kugelZagor: plain make doesn't work because it pulls in exception handling. the make commands for 4.4.4 is what they suggested on the gcc-help ml
19:12:13kugelfor bare metal
19:12:15Stummibluebrother: i submittet the new patch now
19:12:28Zagorsurely there's a configure option to disable exceptions?
19:12:32ZagorI'll take a look
19:12:56kugelI and Unhelpful haven't found one, hence also the extended gcc patch
19:13:15StummiLlorean: this idea seems to be plausible.. I will do that with the next patch
19:17:26kugelZagor: there are some threads (some of them started by me) about the issues we had with compiling gcc on the gcc-help ml
19:19:27 Join saratoga [0] (~463f90ed@gateway/web/freenode/x-hulwmwjhfestuplq)
19:21:24 Join hebz0rl [0] (
19:21:49 Join CIA-6 [0] (cia@
19:28:40 Join XPANSiVE [0] (~xpansive@
19:29:08CIA-6New commit by pixelma (r26591): Add a mapping for the PLA_EXIT action for Iriver remote and provide it in the manual as well.
19:29:47 Join funman [0] (~fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
19:30:20XPANSiVEHow is USB coming along on the AMS Sansas? I hate having to go into the OF.
19:30:21 Quit Zagor (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
19:30:56 Join GeekShadow [0] (~Antoine@reactos/tester/GeekShadow)
19:31:04funmanit is coming fine, just not yet
19:32:26 Join Buschel [0] (
19:32:52XPANSiVEOk, I'll wait...
19:33:00 Quit XPANSiVE (Client Quit)
19:34:44 Join Zagor [0] (~bjst@rockbox/developer/Zagor)
19:36:41 Join funman_ [0] (~fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
19:36:50 Quit phanboy4 (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
19:38:16bertrikr0b-, have you opened your clip+ already by any chance
19:40:19 Quit funman (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
19:44:37Buschelcan someone with a CF target please check whether mpc still plays fine with ?
19:45:04 Quit togetic (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
19:45:05Buscheljust some beautification, but I would like to have a short test
19:47:27 Join Buschel_ [0] (
19:47:45n1sBuschel: sure
19:48:20 Join CGL [0] (~CGL@
19:48:55Buschel_n1s: great. it will either play fine or produce crap −− so an easy one to test :)
19:49:36 Quit Buschel (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
19:49:49 Nick Buschel_ is now known as Buschel (
19:51:08n1splays fine on h300
19:51:23Buschelperfect :) thanks!
19:51:36 Nick CGL is now known as [CGL]_emo_mode_O (~CGL@
19:51:47 Nick [CGL]_emo_mode_O is now known as [CGL]emo_mode_ON (~CGL@
19:52:33CIA-6New commit by Buschel (r26592): Some asm code beautification in the mpc decoder.
19:55:32 Quit Buschel ()
19:57:11 Nick funman_ is now known as funman (~fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
19:58:06 Quit wincent (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
20:00:05***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
20:00:21 Quit saratoga (Quit: Page closed)
20:02:06Stummi building the compiler fails on OS X. Do I need something special to do it? (on debian it worked out of the box)
20:04:28n1sdid you build with
20:06:09bluebrotherStummi: are you on 10.6?
20:08:45 Join Traveler [0] (~traveler@
20:09:42Travelerwhen compiling I'm getting the error "plugin_ram is full"
20:09:54bluebrotherI've had the same problem on OS X. Haven't found any solution for it yet.
20:10:04bluebrotherif you figure it please let me know :)
20:10:21ZagorTraveler: more details please
20:10:21pixelmaTraveler: what are you compiling (SVN version, patches?) and which target?
20:11:04Stummi... and which os ;)
20:11:51TravelerI was compiling espeak (I know its unsupported) on ubuntu 10.4 for sansa c200V2
20:12:20n1sTraveler: it just means the plugin is too big, so you need to increase the plugin buffer size
20:12:26Travelersearched online which suggested make clean, but that hasn't done anything.
20:12:58Travelerok cool, is the plugin buffer in plugin.c?
20:12:59ZagorTraveler: the code you are compiling is simply too big to fit in the plugin area. no simple trick can fix that.
20:13:27Zagor...except enlarging the plugin buffer, of course
20:13:54Travelerso its safe to assume the plugin buffer varies from player to player?
20:14:25Zagorit's the PLUGIN_BUFFER_SIZE, defined in firmware/export/config/<player>.h
20:15:12Zagorsansav200v2.h in your case
20:15:15Travelerok thank you
20:15:20Zagorsansac200v2.h even
20:16:14 Quit Traveler (Quit: Java user signed off)
20:19:12*bluebrother wonders what Traveler wants to do that needs that much of plugin space
20:19:40 Join t0rc [0] (~t0rc@unaffiliated/t0rc/x-5233201)
20:21:07 Join togetic [0] (~togetic@unaffiliated/ibuffy)
20:21:13bluebrotherspeaking of TTS, what's up with archivator? Exams?
20:21:27bertrikthe clip plus I have right here seems to have some mystery radio chip
20:22:14bertrikit's responding on i2c address 0x10 (we see that address in the OF too), but the data doesn't seem to match the si4702 tuner that we know is used in other ams sansas
20:23:24 Quit funman (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
20:23:25 Join JohannesSM64 [0] (
20:26:07 Nick [CGL]emo_mode_ON is now known as [CGL] (~CGL@
20:31:05bluebrotherDomonoky: is there an easy way to make a basic theme site setup (with some content of course) on my machine? That README sounds like it's quite a bit of work :o
20:35:51 Quit puetzk (Quit: puetzk)
20:45:10 Quit bertrik (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
20:48:09 Join guymann [0] (~charlie@
20:49:01Zagorchrist, gcc 4.4 builds libgcc for a dozen different arms, for thumb _and_ arm mode
20:53:32 Quit kugel (Remote host closed the connection)
20:56:13 Join wincent [0] (
21:01:52 Quit togetic (Ping timeout: 264 seconds)
21:02:14 Quit n1s (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
21:06:20 Join puetzk [0] (
21:14:40 Quit r0b- (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
21:15:00 Join r0b- [0] (
21:23:53 Quit detaos_ (Remote host closed the connection)
21:24:47 Join max242 [0] (
21:30:30 Join detaos [0] (
21:30:38 Join Jaykay [0] (
21:33:33 Quit liar (Ping timeout: 258 seconds)
21:37:12 Join Ben__ [0] (
21:38:14 Quit detaos (Remote host closed the connection)
21:38:31 Join detaos [0] (
21:39:48 Quit max242 (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
21:40:23 Quit hebz0rl (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
21:40:38 Join liar [0] (
21:44:18Stummisomebody here with graphic skills who could add some jewels in apps/plugins/bitmaps/jewels.*.bmp?
21:47:16 Quit puetzk (Quit: puetzk)
21:47:54CIA-6New commit by bieber (r26593): Theme Editor: Got save/save-as functionality working and added Tango icons to the toolbar
21:48:11 Join Zarggg [0] (
21:52:58 Join puetzk [0] (
21:54:18 Quit guymann (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
21:55:34 Quit liar (Quit: Verlassend)
21:58:08 Quit Ben__ (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.3/20100401080539])
21:58:36 Quit puetzk (Quit: puetzk)
22:00:08***Saving seen data "./dancer.seen"
22:02:07bluebrotherStummi: aren't there already jewels? :o
22:02:22Stummi*some more jewels ;)
22:02:36 Join puetzk [0] (
22:05:32notlisteningDomonoky, right the task was updated a new upload and some better specs and code I hope
22:13:45*bluebrother can now measure the power consumption of USB devices
22:18:02 Quit puetzk (Quit: puetzk)
22:18:18 Join Jennifur [0] (
22:21:27 Quit rhodan (Remote host closed the connection)
22:24:24Domonokybluebrother: i have some vmware image somewhere with the themesite.. (its a bit buggy but should work for testing)
22:24:30*Domonoky goes searching...
22:26:27 Join kaylinsigswort [0] (
22:27:12notlisteningDomonoky, I'll be around for any question on e-mail irc etc I did recode the changes that have been made to the TTS in rbutil but ended up getting into a mess with it :P
22:27:31 Join bertrik [0] (~bertrik@rockbox/developer/bertrik)
22:27:32 Quit kaylinsigswort (Remote host closed the connection)
22:27:43Domonokynotlistening: i will look at it later today..
22:28:25 Join kaylinsigswort [0] (
22:30:05 Join kugel [0] (~kugel@rockbox/developer/kugel)
22:30:35 Join funman [0] (~fun@rockbox/developer/funman)
22:32:51 Join bmbl [0] (
22:32:52 Quit bmbl (Changing host)
22:32:52 Join bmbl [0] (~Miranda@unaffiliated/bmbl)
22:40:23gevaertscan anyone suggest a good name for hotswap.c? It has nothing at all to do with hotswapping, the only function in there is card_extract_bits(), which does something for sd and mmc
22:40:30Zagorfunman: grr, why do your compilers complain way more than anybody elses?
22:41:39gevaertsin general, is there a good short name for "a card system of the sd and mmc family"?
22:42:23Bagder"sdmmc" ;-)
22:42:23 Join saratoga [0] (~9803c6dd@gateway/web/freenode/x-ojrnlzrcczjjyhap)
22:43:11ZagorI think "sdcard" is good enough even if it covers mmc too
22:43:34CIA-6New commit by torne (r26594): New USB charging system, part 2 - "Force" charging mode ...
22:43:38 Join GeekShad0w [0] (
22:44:07 Join Tarvis [0] (~Tarvis@
22:45:46 Quit GeekShadow (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
22:45:46kugelgevaerts: maybe sd-mmc-common.c?
22:46:14*gevaerts doesn't like getting three different ideas :)
22:46:29*bluebrother wonders if he cut the right wire
22:46:37Zagorkeep it short and sweet
22:47:00saratogaMMC is a dead format anyway so it probabyl doesn't matter
22:47:18Bagder"visibility attribute not supported in this configuration; ignored" seems to be funman's compiler not liking the gcc attribute "hidden"
22:47:19saratogaTorne: does the charging rework fix the ipod 5g charging issue?
22:47:22gevaertsZagor: well, Bagder's proposal is one character less
22:47:27bluebrothernano2g always shows 100mA, mini2g always 85mA, even with FS#880
22:47:30funmanZagor: yellow might be from gcc configuration scripts detecting darwin (osx) as the target and not the host
22:47:37funman(just supposing)
22:48:05funmanBagder: afaict from reading shortly gcc doc 'visibility' attribute support depends of the target machine
22:48:10*bertrik is starting to make some sense of the mystery clip+ radio chip
22:48:22Bagder#elif defined(__GNUC__) && ((__GNUC__*100 + __GNUC_MINOR__) >= 302) && \
22:48:22Bagder defined(__ELF__)
22:48:22Bagder#define LUAI_FUNC__attribute__((visibility("hidden"))) extern
22:48:47Zagorgevaerts: yeah but mine is sweeter B)
22:49:46Bagderisn't visibility about elf mostly?
22:50:11Zagorfunman: surely if it was compiled for wrong target, a lot more things would go wrong?
22:50:17 Quit t0rc (Remote host closed the connection)
22:50:31gevaertsZagor: I'll accept your proposal. Bagder isn't close enough to "convince" me :)
22:50:41*Zagor lets go of gevaerts arm
22:51:00Tornesaratoga: i've not added any code for any new players yet
22:51:24Bagderin linux, they call it mmc
22:51:25gevaertsZagor: hm, we already have sd.c. Won't this create confusion?
22:51:26Tornesaratoga: so right now only h300, nano2g and gigabeat s have usb charging configurable/supported
22:51:33gevaertsWe also have mmc.c
22:51:42Bagderwell drivers/mmc/sd.c
22:51:45Tornesaratoga: but this is all the fundamental work i wanted to do before working on support for more players.
22:51:57*gevaerts goes for sdmmc
22:52:01Tornesaratoga: so, next on my todo list is to make charging work first on ipodvideo and then on any otehr ipods people have here at devcon
22:52:06Zagorgevaerts: card.c? :)
22:52:19Tornesaratoga: so.. maybe for some models this weekend, yes
22:52:46Tornebluebrother: nano2g should have working charging
22:52:58Tornebluebrother: even before my commits today. my changes today will make it slightly safer/spec-compliant
22:53:10Tornebluebrother: you need to enable it, though, it defaults to off
22:53:25Tornetalking of which, now i've made usb charging safe (unless you set it to force) i should change the default to on
22:53:33Tornewell, for some value of safe
22:53:43Torne"unlikely to cause housefires"
23:00:21CIA-6New commit by torne (r26595): New USB charging system, part 3 (end of rework) - Default to usb charging on ...
23:05:44Tornethere we go.
23:05:49Tornenow time to work out ipodvideo charging
23:06:03Torneand/or drink the rest of this expensive rum
23:07:52 Quit Jaykay (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
23:08:02CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26596): Fix EOL style
23:08:26 Quit ender` (Quit: 00 little bugs in the code, 100 bugs in the code, fix one bug, compile it again, 102 little bugs in the code, 102 little bugs in the code... (Coder's Ditty))
23:09:04 Quit S_a_i_n_t ()
23:09:13CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26597): Fix wrongly nested commenting
23:10:41notlisteningfunman, clip+ reset again and again when you have external power or usb is that a bootloader update..?
23:12:18CIA-6New commit by gevaerts (r26598): remane hotswap.* to sdmmc.*. The contents have nothing at all to do with hotswapping things
23:12:58 Quit kaylinsigswort (Remote host closed the connection)
23:15:11*gevaerts shouldn't have made a typo in that commit message
23:15:46 Quit bertrik (Quit: back to ubuntu)
23:15:57 Quit JohannesSM64 (Quit: WeeChat 0.3.3-dev)
23:16:18Bagderright, revert it and commit it again without typo! ;-P
23:17:00notlisteningDomonoky, cool i am here now will watch a movie, so just drop me a line
23:17:22 Quit Tarvis (Quit: Quitting)
23:18:31funmannotlistening: it will work if you patch OF with next (not yet released) version of mkamsboot / rbutil
23:18:53Domonokynotlistening: i guess the server wont like it, if i call the voice thing in paralell for open-sapi right ?
23:19:23 Join S_a_i_n_t [0] (S_a_i_n_t@
23:20:43 Join bertrik [0] (~bertrik@rockbox/developer/bertrik)
23:24:15Zagorhmm, the "proper" way to install gcc is to use prefix /usr/local. this puts all the binaries in /usr/local/bin which avoids having to change your path
23:24:35Zagoron the other hand, that makes it a little bit more difficult to remove an installed compiler
23:27:10Zagorany opinions?
23:27:55Bagderopinions for what?
23:28:21Bagderdefault path for what compiler? ones
23:29:21Bagdermy opinion: leave them as they are, have worked fine for ages by now
23:30:11*bluebrother agrees
23:30:27bluebrotheras an add-on, the binaries could get symlinks put into /usr/local/bin
23:30:41bluebrotheror would gcc choke on that?
23:30:58BagderI think that works fine
23:31:59kugelZagor: isn't that the default installation directory?
23:32:16Zagorkugel: no, current default is /usr/local/<target>
23:34:19kugelZagor: ah right. /usr/local doesn't seem bad
23:34:38ZagorI tweaked the script a bit, cutting off ~25%. but I'll put up a patch for discussion first.
23:34:48Bagdermost default systems these days don't have /usr/local/bin in the path
23:35:07kugelubuntu has
23:35:16ZagorBagder: no, my point was rather not having to add a path per architecture
23:36:17Zagorit's not a big issue for me, both ways have their advantages
23:36:46Bagdernot a biggie for me either
23:37:07Domonokynotlistening: i just changed the patch for opensapi in rbutil, so it compiles again. But the following commands just timeout: getFormat, closeClient and killServer..
23:38:00kugelBagder: /usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games is the default PATH on ubuntu
23:38:09Domonokynotlistening: and when should i send the closeClient command ? shortly before the killServer command, or after every voice action ?
23:38:23kugelalso, all self compiled software usually installs into /usr/local on ubuntu
23:38:37Bagderkugel: that's autoconf's default yes
23:38:55 Quit avacore (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
23:39:15BagderI've still used ubuntu and debian based systems that didn't have /usr/local/bin by default
23:39:23Bagdernot terribly important
23:40:07 Join avacore [0] (
23:40:57kugelZagor: I thought arm-eabi-gcc444 was only the string for the build clients for, looks a bit strange in, but it's minor I guess
23:41:25Zagorkugel: yeah I figured it could be there as well, just as description.
23:41:44kugelBagder: well, I never explicitely added /usr/local/bin, and all self compiled just worked so I assume it's in the defaults
23:42:12 Join liar [0] (
23:42:48Zagorkugel: but I guess the -gcc444 part is not really helpful
23:43:21kugelZagor: the version might be helpful if it's presented as a version number :)
23:48:34Zagorthe main thing right now is actuallt the gmp and mpfr fixes in that patch. we need those to make the script work standalone for eabi builds.
23:48:51LloreanWhat's the deal with the new text viewer program?
23:48:54funmanconfiguring gcc 3.4.6 build on osx, targetting m68k-elf:
23:48:59LloreanSpecifically, why's it not replacing the old one's filename?
23:49:00funmanconfigure:10478: checking linker for .hidden support
23:49:01funmanconfigure:10534: result: no
23:49:07LloreanNow people will often have an out of date text viewer on their players?
23:49:42notlisteningDomonoky, just on it can't remember off the top of my head :D
23:50:14funmansomeone can build m68k compiler on linux and look in /tmp/rbdev-build/build-gcc-m/gcc/config.log ? you have to remove 'cleardir' from to not the delete the build dir when compilation is done
23:50:56GodEaterbtw, in case anyone else is running 10.04 Ubuntu, I had to upgrade libgmp and mtfr, and install texinfo in order to get gcc-eabi to build on my client
23:51:33funmanwe could disable building docs
23:51:39ZagorGodEater: yeah, by patch fixes that
23:51:44funmanwho actually wants to read that ://
23:51:45 Join |liar| [0] (
23:51:50Zagoroh, not the docs though.
23:52:17 Quit liar (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
23:52:31notlisteningDomonoky, on killServer what are you sending as the command killServer?
23:53:17GodEaterZagor: do you mean "my" patch ? ;)
23:53:21 Nick |liar| is now known as liar (
23:53:26Domonokynotlistening: just "killServer" and i expect a 299 as response.
23:54:01notlisteningDomonoky, closeClient is only ever sent from the server to the client, is it then your job to ask for the next bit of work, I applogise foe the bad naming
23:54:15notlisteningkillServer is working my end with that reponse
23:56:46 Quit liar (Quit: Verlassend)
23:57:33 Join liar [0] (

Previous day | Next day