Subject: Re: rockbox, master, USB windows issue

Re: rockbox, master, USB windows issue

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 8 Feb 2019 12:28:32 -0500

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 10:54:21PM -0500, David Mehler via rockbox wrote:
> I'm running rockbox master on my xduoo x3 mp3 player. I'm having a
> consistent issue where I either copy files to the sd card, or delete
> files off the sd card via the computer and I eventually get a file not
> found message, checking the drive it shows up as empty and the player
> is locked up.

> Anyone else seeing this?

I ran into this once on mine (Linux host), but I chalked it up to
filesystem corruption caused by an unclean unmounting. (I do most of my
SD writes using a dedicated reader; tends to be faster..)

So this points at some instability in the SD driver or possibly
somethign deeper in the port. Since you're able to reasonably reliable
recreate the problem, I'm going to ask you to do some experiments..

Current master shows the problem, I asusme, so as the next step I'd like
you to try images built from from these two commits:

 5e8db1662befb2d75807f60593f408c2850875a4
 36a50dd00f8c311ebe568a7885bec5eaf6c21e2d

It looks like they're too old to have been retained in the build system,
so you'll have to compile them yourself. If you can't do this, let me
know and I'll see about generating them for you.

Cheers,

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Coconut Creek, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^