Subject: external sdcard not found...

external sdcard not found...

From: tuxic--- via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2019 05:20:03 +0200

Hi,

after all the crashes I had (see previous mail) I decided to
format the internal and external flash/sdcard.

I formatted the internal flash via the original Sandisk-firmware
and installed rockbox (current dev) with the rockbox utility.

Then: with Linux I removed all formatting information from the external
sdcard, partioned it again (one partion) and put a VFAT (32GB sdcard)
filesystem on it.

Then I put back all my files, which I had backuped before.

I inserted the sdcard, started rockbox...no sdcard shown.

The rockbox info shows "no HD present" (the internal flash had been
found).

I only found very old posts (~2010) of similiar problems and no
solution. The way of formatting the sdcard has worked for me since
years...

How can I fix it?

Cheers!
mcc