Subject: Re: by way of translation

Re: by way of translation

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 07:35:38 -0400

On Thu, May 28, 2020 at 06:41:14PM +0900, yui via rockbox wrote:
> In order to understand the functions of RockBox, we have translated the Japanese manual.
> By what means should I publish it?

Is the source format of your translation tex, or something different?

Surprisingly, we don't currently have a mechanism to assemble/compile or
distribute non-English versions of the manual. However, we can try to
fix that, and we can certainly distribute a PDF verison via the web site
or wiki.

Please send me what you have, and I will see what I can come up with.

Oh, one other thing -- In order to accept any contributions we will need
your full legal name. I believe our systems can handle native Japanese
Kanji or Hirigana text, but having a Romanized version would be useful
too.

Thanks,

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)