Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: DX50 now works, was installing original firmware when I thought it was modified

Re: DX50 now works, was installing original firmware when I thought it was modified

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2021 21:28:23 -0400

On Thu, May 13, 2021 at 03:48:39AM -0500, Holden McFarland via rockbox wrote:
> Now that I have both the Dx50 and 90 to do a side-by-side comparison,
> I notice the 50 seems to be a lot smoother overall. Playing songs on
> the Dx90 there's what sounds like audio clipping for a few seconds at
> the beginnings of songs. Sometimes pressing the keys to navigate back
> and forth through menu items behaves unexpectedly.

There have been some old reports of DX90 oddities in the bug tracker,
but until you made these side-by-side comparisons I was expecting the
two players to behave similarly.

It's interesting that the DX50 is "smoother" given that they are
supposedly identical hardware-wise, except the DX90 has a dual-core
version of the SoC that's in the DX50...

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)