Subject: First time user: *PANIC* when trying to play any file

First time user: *PANIC* when trying to play any file

From: eoo--- via rockbox <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Fri, 21 May 2021 01:26:24 +0000

Hi,

I am new to rockbox and getting continuous *PANIC* when I try to play any file.
I tried seeking help first in the irc channel without success.

Here is the error:
*PANIC* audio_reset_buffer_noalloc() : EOM (575324 > 145296)
pc: 300466e0 sp: 3
A: 00023790
A: 300cd544
bt end

I also saw an OOM panic:
*PANIC* audio_reset_buffer_noalloc() : OOM

and I also got a *PANIC* the first time I long pressed on the Database node.

I tried to reinstall only the base Rockbox firmware using the Rockbox utility
(1.4.1) (AppImage) and I got an error:
ROLO error: file too big

Here is my setup:
Hardware: Sandisk Clip Zip (new device)
Port: Sandisk Clip Zip port 3.15 (stable)
Firmware: clipzip01.01.20.zip
Samsung 512 EVO sd card with fresh fat32 filesystem, checked with chkdsk

I am not sure what to do next as everything ends in a kernel panic. Is 3.15
stable on the Clip Zip? Should I try to downgrade to an earlier version? I
can't seem to upgrade to a development version or reinstall due to the ROLO
error with the Rockbox utility. Finally, does Rockbox have a limit on the
number of songs that it supports? Could this be causing my Kernel panics?

Could anyone provide some guidance on how I could further troubleshoot? I
wasn't expecting kernel panics right off the bat and I would love to start
using Rockbox.