Subject: Re: Toolchain bump: arm & m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

Re: Toolchain bump: arm & m68k toolchains to gcc 4.9.4

From: Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev <rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 12:51:21 -0400

On Sun, Oct 11, 2020 at 12:03:32AM -0400, Solomon Peachy via rockbox-dev wrote:
> 1) Set the buildserver to require gcc494 across the board
> 2) Update some builders with new toolchain
> 3) Commit https://gerrit.rockbox.org/r/#/c/2305/
> (includes updated rockboxdev.sh and configure scripts)
>
> I intend to do this Tuesday (October 13), unless someone comes up with a
> compelling reason to put it off again...

These changes are now live, and the first build is running.

There's likely going to be a bit of yellow and maybe even red from the
long tail of targets. And of course we need to bang on the affected
targets to ensure there are no regressions.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy			      pizza at shaftnet dot org (email&xmpp)
                                      _at_pizza:shaftnet dot org   (matrix)