Subject: Re: descramble

Re: descramble

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 20:08:36 +0100 (CET)

Arnaud Hallais wrote:

> Then rescramble it to see if there is checksum control ????

The problem is we haven't figured out the checksum algorithm yet. It's doesn't
seem to be a standard CRC-16.

> My dream is a USB smartmedia / flash card reader support : )

Ouch! :) Even if it would be possible (which I'm not sure it is), the question
is if it's worth it. USB is a very complex protocol and the code would take up
a lot of RAM space that is otherwise used for buffering MP3s (and extending
battery life).

But, hey, I'm not going to put down anyone's dream. My dream is that everybody
can put whatever functions they want into the Archos.

/Björn