Subject: Re: Remocon Clone

Re: Remocon Clone

From: Tjerk Schuringa <regenpak_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 23:35:44 -0800 (PST)

That schematic & layout are beauts! Just two remarks: the caps are 100pF (0805
SMDs?) and the diodes 1N4148. No need using SMDs there... Oh, the caps are not
built into the resonator so you may want to provide extra pads for those! Also,
I'd use a 18pin DIP so I can pop it into my Ponyprogrammer (but ISP is
possible, have to check). In any case, SMDs are WAY cooler

Don't worry about the PIC code: when I have the INIT stuff done I'll post it
here (and everything else when it's done). Who else is good at machine code???

Remoclone: I like that! Remocon is Japanese or Korean, I forgot... it was on a
TV schematic heehee

T.J.