Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Remocon Clone
Re: Remocon Clone
From: Andrew Jamieson <ajamiesn_at_mira.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2001 16:46:40 +1100
Here's an updated PCB and schematic for the Remoclone. This is all based on
TJ's examinations and musings, so props to him. Just a few notes:
* The main purpose for this is so that ppl can make up a cheap prototype PCB
to do some coding if they want. A final PCB would probably need to
accomodate some general UI rules that I have ignored (the buttons are too
close together, I think ...)
* The PCB is single layer so it should be easy & cheap to make. I could
make it smaller if I went double sided and used SM switches, but it may make
it too hard for some ppl to make.
* There is now an In Circuit Programming port, so that you can program the
PIC in-situ. This allows the use of the smaller SMD part, to reduce overall
* The switches are standard TH low profile jobies. You should be able to
get them at any good electronics shop. If not, then the Farnell part number
* I haven't actually put this together and tested it yet, so no guarantees.
The PCB and schematic pass DRC checks tho, so if there is a problem, it
should be either obvious on the schematic, or on the PCB footprints.
* I need a smaller font so that I can give kudos to TJ on the PCB!! I
intend to do this when;
* I may change the 3.5 mm phones connector, as the one I used is
non-standard (it's what I had in my parts library). If ppl have trouble
finding it, give me a yell.
Have fun .....
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tjerk Schuringa" <regenpak_at_yahoo.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 6:35 PM
Subject: Re: Remocon Clone
> That schematic & layout are beauts! Just two remarks: the caps are 100pF
> SMDs?) and the diodes 1N4148. No need using SMDs there... Oh, the caps are
> built into the resonator so you may want to provide extra pads for those!
> I'd use a 18pin DIP so I can pop it into my Ponyprogrammer (but ISP is
> possible, have to check). In any case, SMDs are WAY cooler
> Don't worry about the PIC code: when I have the INIT stuff done I'll post
> here (and everything else when it's done). Who else is good at machine
> Remoclone: I like that! Remocon is Japanese or Korean, I forgot... it was
> TV schematic heehee
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Check out Yahoo! Shopping and Yahoo! Auctions for all of
> your unique holiday gifts! Buy at http://shopping.yahoo.com
> or bid at http://auctions.yahoo.com