Subject: Re: Getting rid of that damn noise.

Re: Getting rid of that damn noise.

From: Rob & Liz Ward <wards_at_paradise.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 08:06:16 +1300

10k resistor fixed. Excellent.

The comp would be the feedback i/p (normal operation = 1.25V?). Driving
this pin high (via the diode D8) stops the switching, and
using the a/d to read it would tell whether the battery is charged. This
means the battery charger is logic-levelled controlled - ON or OFF !

This is a rather crude battery charger that would appear (from the current
circuit) to feed as many volys into the batteries as possible. Please check
the /COMP wiring for correctness.

I think T3 should be PNP, not NPN.

Are you sure C12 is correctly wired?

The long wires from D8 to conn. SV1 (pins 31,32) seem wrong also - circular.

Of course, they could have some weirdo circuit here, but it certainly
resembles what I would expect.

Good luck.

Rob