Subject: Re: ATA..

Re: ATA..

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:21:49 +0100 (CET)

Nicolas Sauzede wrote:

> I hope You have a seagate, and you can use the master password to
> unlock the beast !! :)

No. it's one Toshiba and two Fujitsu. But there are still good news:

- All drives have simple master passwords
- If the drive lock mode is "high", the master password will unlock it
- If the drive lock mode is "maximum", the master password can't unlock
  the disk, but it can still perform "security erase unit", which will
  erase the disk but also unlock it.

So either way, if I just find out the master passwords, I can revive the
disks! Hope is restored.

--
Björn