Subject: Re: GDB and serial port

Re: GDB and serial port

From: Andrew Jamieson <ajamiesn_at_mira.net>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 22:45:41 +1100

Here's a piccie showing an easy spot to pick up both transmit and receive.
You'll be able to note that the transmit line also goes to second 'bottom'
pad on the left of the unloaded SMD component - so that's a good spot to
pick it up too.

From what I can see, you should be able to get away with connecting the
serial lines directly to the line in jack without cutting the connections -
the schematics may not be right for this area, and the micronas datasheet
refers to having simply a cap buffering the input from the chip, so
soldering directly to the connector should be OK. If they have followed the
datasheet, simply removing the caps will actually isolate the connector
anyway, so I'd try this first, before going mad with the X-acto knife!

PS: I'll update the schematics soon. I promise.