Subject: Re: Recorder noise

Re: Recorder noise

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2002 10:48:06 +0100 (CET)

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> So, if you'd make a little comparison between these two items, and you
> would only be allowed to keep one of them, which one would you keep
> for music playback?

That's a difficuly decision to make. The Recorder is a MUCH nicer piece of
hardware, but has some firmware bugs and the annoying noise. The Player
has rather weak sound in comparison, and a really limited screen. Also I
prefer the button interface on the Recorder over the Player.

I think you should test/listen to my units and then decide for yourself.

> (Assuming that the noise remains that is, I figure I can guess the
> answer if the noise can be taken away.)

Yes, if we can remove the noise there is only the firmware bugs left. And
I do hope we can get rid of those eventually, too... :-)

--
Björn