Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Re: Recorder noise
Re: Recorder noise
From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2002 15:05:54 +0100 (CET)
A simple test proves that the noise comes from driving/updating the LCD:
1) Plug the headphones in only to just before the second ring, so you hear
the noise amplified. You won't hear any music, but that's not important.
2) Turn off the unit. Obviously, the noise is gone.
3) Turn on the unit again. No noise, except for each of the dots in the
boot progress bar, when there is a small "speck" of noise emitted.
4) Once the powerup is complete and the folder/song list is displayed, the
noise becomes constant. (From constantly updating the clock and scrolling
song titles, I guess.)
5) Navigate into a directory. Notice how the noise dissapears while the
harddisk is started, when there is no updating of the screen.
6) Keep "play" pressed on a directory, so you add it to a playlist. Notice
how the noise first goes away while the harddisk is accessed and then
comes back as short "specks" for each update of the on-screen file
-- BjörnReceived on 2002-02-26
Page was last modified "Sat May 23 08:12:40 2020" The Rockbox Crew