Subject: Re: Rockbox suggestions (fwd)

Re: Rockbox suggestions (fwd)

From: <tr16_at_mail.inf.tu-dresden.de>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 11:10:35 +0200

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 04:12:02AM +0100, Andrew Ross wrote:
> All good ideas. Optimising the display for driving etc. would be very
> useful. Might it be an idea to switch off the L/R channel volume display?
> Takes up two lines of the display, which could be put to much better use
> (who uses the indicators anyway?).
>
> Only potential problem I see is using the ON button to toggle things. At
> present, it's used to put the HOLD mode on (on the JRB). Can't see any
> reason why it couldn't be used for both functions, though: just like having
> NextTrack and FastForward on the same button.

It should be possible to define key combinations and macros (shortcuts).
There are just a few buttons, and not all people rank features the same
way.

Torvald

PS: I'm new to this list and got my Recorder 20 just yesterday, and all it
needs is a customized software. So I was really happy when I read about
the rockbox project :)