Subject: play modes

play modes

From: <Henri.David_at_nokia.com>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 15:00:00 +0300

Hi all,

I was wondering if we want to keep the two play modes as it is in the current archos FrmW (the playlist mode and the disk/directory based mode) (i am not talking about random/normal/scan/... play modes here...) or just get ONE play mode :

This unique play mode would be playlist based mode. In this mode we could ADD to the current playlist one song or on directory (and all song contained in this dir and subdirs) or one playlist but also PLAY one track or directory or playlist. This last action would clear the current play list (as in winamp if you select "play in winamp" for the context menu by right clicking on a dir, this will clear the current playlist in winamp)
For instance a short press on the play button against a file (or dir or playlist) would clear the current playlist in memory and play the selected file (or files contained in the dir or playlist) while a long press would add the selected file (or files contained in the selected dir or playlist) at the end of the current playlist.

On top if this we would still have the normal/random/scan whatever.. playmodes.

other idea :
-possibility to add in a playlist file an option that would make the archos to randomize every time the archos loads this playlist. This way we could have random-playlist will always play in different order !

Any comments / opinions on this ?

/Henri