Subject: Fast forward and reverse

Fast forward and reverse

From: <Matt.OReilly_at_wachovia.com>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2002 08:59:58 -0400

Please ignore this if it's already been discussed and I missed it.

I've noticed a distinct lack of functionality in the "reverse" operation
with the Recorder 20. (I haven't tried it with the Studios at all yet.)
From the way it operates, it seems that the recorder dumps the play cache
as soon as a particular section has been played. This manifests itself
when one tries to go to a previous point in the song while it's playing,
and the recorder has to activate the hard disk and retrieve the previous
portion from there, instead of reading it from memory. I think it's
unfortunate that this happens. Perhaps a portion of the cache can be
reserved for already-played material? They have a 2mb cache, correct? I
would speculate that reserving 0.5mb would be more than enough for most
people, about 30 seconds for going backwards. (Right now I can't even go
back 2 seconds without considerable wait and difficulty.)

The logic could also be improved, I think, to ensure that commands are not
queued when one is trying to go backwards... If you hold down the reverse
button, it will queue each command separately and will end up sounding like
a broken record, playing the same small clip over and over again.. (Has
anyone else noticed this?)

Thx
Matt