Subject: gcc and gcc elf using windows 2000

gcc and gcc elf using windows 2000

From: Chris Houghten <chris_at_houghten.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2002 10:46:18 -0400

Hi folks -

I love what you are doing and may possibly be able to contribute my skills as a programmer.

I read all the info and the instructions for making a gcc-elf script using cygwin on windows, but couldn't get through the instructions without getting errors.
I would like to pursue this but only if at least one of the developers has this working and is using it regularly. Otherwise I will wait until I get a working installation of Linux. The configurations were failing, but after reading some info on the web I found I had to modify a couple of configure files adding spaces to get them to work. Now the makes are failing. Linus' instructions said that the procedure is exactly the same if you are running cygwin on Windows which is totally false if I already had to modify the configure files. So, if anyone has already gone thru this process, let me know exactly what I have to do.

Thanks

Chris Houghten
chris_at_houghten.com