Subject: Re: missing win32 file

Re: missing win32 file

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 19:49:52 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Greg Haerr wrote:

> > Hmm... Well.. The 1.0 code does not work for the player, but the current
> > code inside the cvs does. The resource file was not included, that is
>
> I'm building the v1.0 code using only a command-line shell and typing
> "nmake". I like the capability of building rockbox using only the MS C
> compiler, but without the VC environment.

Sounds like a fair goal.

> There's two bugs in the v1.0 code required to build for Windows:

Please try to use later source code if at all possible. We do major changes
all the time and code from last week is already old! ;-)

CVS is the way here, really.

> 1. in firmware/common/dir.h, "intptr_t handle" is not defined, change to
> 2. Create a uisimulator/win32/uisw32.rc with two lines:

Can please you provide us with patches with you fix things?

A patch is generally created using a 'diff -u oldfile newfile > patchfile'
and makes a great file for us to apply without manual fiddling.

> I've managed to figure out how to get it to compile and run.

Neato.

> I will address more issues in the next email.

Keep 'em coming! ;-)

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/