Subject: Re: No Mp3 id info <- bug?

Re: No Mp3 id info <- bug?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 08:41:07 +0200 (MET DST)

On Wed, 19 Jun 2002, Mats Lidell wrote:

> Magnus> Anyway, I tried the 06-11 daily build, and after klicking a
> Magnus> nonmp3 file out of mistake I got something like "No mp3 id
> Magnus> info", nothing strange there, but when I tried to play some
> Magnus> other, real, mp3file I still got the same message.
>
> I can confirm this bug. I don't even think you need to click on something
> by mistake to get it.

As of the automatic build 06:20 GMT this morning, this bug is no more. Linus
squashed it. A leaking file descriptor was the cause.

> There are more problems to. What is the status here. If we find bugs should
> these be reported on source forge? Today I only find two bugs there. It
> doesn't seem like the development team is using this for its own reporting
> or am I missing something? On the other hand in this early stage it might
> be easier to find and fix the bug than to report it. (If you are a
> developer that is.)

Personally, I would prefer that if you can't or won't fix the bug yourself, I
think adding it in the bug tracker is a Good Thing. That way it doesn't slip
between people or is forgotten.

> Actually it started yesterday with a success story. With Björn sitting
> right beside me I tried to build and download my first .mod and it worked!
> Later at home I even tried to use it a bit more and then I found a few
> quirks and a few bugs, I think. ;-)

We'll be welcoming your patches and salute you! ;-)

--
  Daniel Stenberg -- Rocking the box => http://bjorn.haxx.se/rockbox/