Subject: WPS implementation

WPS implementation

From: <jerome_at_geekrox.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:06:42 -0700

hey all,
    I've been working on some WPS code. I have some stuff up and running for
all the different players we support.

http://www.geekrox.com/archos.mod < 4.50+ player
http://www.geekrox.com/archos_old_h.mod <- old player
http://www.geekrox.com/ajbrec.ajz <- recorder

A few things.

1) playlists force back to the directory browse after the first track loads. I
have yet to find which part of the code causes this. Subsequent tracks display
fine unless interrupted by the user (menu or stop).
2) I still need to hook into the "on" button or something to allow use toggle
of WPS.
3) Despite the "QUICK hack" comment, I still used peek_next_track to determine
display time. Thus the screen gets modified before the actual mp3 plays.

The first two are easy enough, but the third brings up questions of the future
for WPS. A couple things I've been thinking....

1) Improve the interface between mpeg & peek_next_track. Since it is a "QUICK
hack," a "fix" is required anyway.
2) Insitute WPS into it's own thread to take events when to display or give way
to the another mode (like dirbrowse). Possibly this fits into number 1, but is
a bit more involved.
3) certainly has to be a third way, but I haven't thought of it yet :D. This
is where the list comes in.

So any help is appreciated. I haven't submitted any code, but would be willing
to tar ball anyone on the list who requests.

--jk